PDA

View Full Version : Setting up now... Open invitation

PridgeoK
2008.08.10, 06:16 PM
It was supposed to rain today, but seems fine now here in Vancouver. I'm in the Champlain Heights area, so anyone nearby who's interested in running some laps, feel free to PM me for directions and drop by - it'll be set up until it either we head in for a late dinner, it rains or starts getting dark. It'll just be in my open-faced carport, so it's somewhat covered.

Attached is what I'll be settings up, and I think it'll barely fit lengthwise in the space I have - pretty much uses all of my mini-96 and expansion pieces. I'll just be bashing with the kids - or more likely, I'll be running laps and they'll come by, do a few laps, then run & play, then later repeat :rolleyes: - just fine by me! Certainly a kid friendly area.

Kevin.

PridgeoK
2008.08.10, 10:48 PM
Track actually worked out quite well, even with the oddball bumper I placed in there. The kids (including one of our kids friends) helped set up the track and all the kids had a good chance to bash the cars around, including a 2 year old neighbour's son - super cute kid! Some of the children even made it around the track a few times without ping-ponging the walls the whole way.

I may have fried some FETs on my Enzo though - isn't going forward/reverse right now... Had some good laps on all cars though. Love the F1's upgraded to 4562's! And I must say - iLap is awesome with RC Scoring Pro!

I'll post again the next time I build an interesting track. If anyone is in the lower mainland of BC and has an afternoon or weekend you're able to drop by and race, feel free to PM me. We can probably work something out.

Kevin.

PridgeoK
2008.08.30, 08:04 PM
I'm likely going to set up another track tomorrow morning and/or Monday morning in my carport, so again: if anyone nearby wants to run some laps, feel free to drop by. If it rains - probably not going to set up. If it's a go, I'll probably set up somewhere around 10am and it'll stay set up until 4 or 5pm.

Attached is the layout I'm probably going to use. The start-line location may change, but otherwise I think it's worth a try. As you can see, I tried making a layout where all of the expansion set pieces are intact in their standard configuration (the two chicane's, the long 45's and the wide inside corners), as well as an unobtrusive pit area with the few extra pieces I had.

Kevin.

PridgeoK
2008.08.31, 10:55 PM
Turned out to be a pretty nice day and a pretty good track, actually. A bit too difficult for the kids to run without wall-bouncing but certainly fun for me, since you could burn around the straights and then transition into some slower tight areas - pretty fun track, all-in-all.

No, it didn't perfectly following the map I made - the junk we have piled in the side of the carport messed up my calculations a touch, so it's one tile shorter in two sections - I had to take two pieces out of one long 45 section and shorten one small straight area to make it fit properly... that actually let me use more pieces at the pit area to widen it and make a faster corner.

I also managed to replace the FETs on the Enzo, which is an MR-02i car. I had transplanted my x-speed motor into it last time, which I guess was too much for the 3004's it came with, since the beast fried pretty wildly - melted a wire slightly and warped the cover quite heavily... but fortunately not to the point of making it unusable. It now has 3010's and seems to be holding up fine. With fresh batteries makes it now is quite fast and spins the tires out... a few minutes in and it settled down nicely.

As before - I'll post again when I'll set up another track. The open invite stands.

Kevin.