PDA

View Full Version : New bodies I in the mail

russp
2008.08.13, 08:53 PM
Ok, got my 5 bodies in the mail. I will definitely be selling the Mercedes without ever taking it from the box. It's pretty but my least favorite. I don't know if I can part with the others though.

I think I can fit the Corvette onto my MR02 MM based on a preliminary glance at the body chart. If so, I think I will have to keep it.

The Porche 934 is so pretty and will fit my MR015 that currently has that Iwaver Salleen body on it so it's a keeper.

The Ford GT body is made for the MR02 MM but I could possibly bear parting with it but likely will keep it. Very pretty - it's the white one.

My favorite to look at in the box has to be the Calsonic Nissan. Gorgeous blue racing body. I think I can stand just keeping it in the box and never running it it's so beautifull.

Anyone know if the Corvette or Calsonic will actually fit nicely on my MR02 MM? Might be worth picking up another MR02 RM if not just for the kick of running these beauties around the track.

pinoyboy
2008.08.13, 09:16 PM
Ok, got my 5 bodies in the mail. I will definitely be selling the Mercedes without ever taking it from the box. It's pretty but my least favorite. I don't know if I can part with the others though.

I think I can fit the Corvette onto my MR02 MM based on a preliminary glance at the body chart. If so, I think I will have to keep it.

The Porche 934 is so pretty and will fit my MR015 that currently has that Iwaver Salleen body on it so it's a keeper.

The Ford GT body is made for the MR02 MM but I could possibly bear parting with it but likely will keep it. Very pretty - it's the white one.

My favorite to look at in the box has to be the Calsonic Nissan. Gorgeous blue racing body. I think I can stand just keeping it in the box and never running it it's so beautifull.

Anyone know if the Corvette or Calsonic will actually fit nicely on my MR02 MM? Might be worth picking up another MR02 RM if not just for the kick of running these beauties around the track.

I know the corvette will work fine with 94mm mid mount first hand. IIRC, all RM bodies have a 94mm wheelbase, and they all can be ran mid mount :D

russp
2008.08.13, 09:19 PM
Yeah thanks. I saw than Briankstan or whatever his handle is runs a Corvette body on a MM. I guess I will just see if it works ok with my particular motor mount. Hope so as I'm a little tired of the Ferrarri. I never really like Ferrarri's so the Corvette would be a nice change. If not the Ford Gt will for sure work and be a nice change.

russp
2008.08.29, 11:39 PM
Well, tried the Corvette with the MR02. I was able to make it work by shaving the wheel wells slightly but in the end it's a crappy MR02 unless I was willing to switch rims, which I'm not. They stick out too far in the front and that results in you peeling tires off if you rub against the bumper. Hence, I took it back off and put it onto my Nascar MR015 chassis since that's what it's made for anyways. Works great there and looks very nice on the track.

I'll probably order a decent RM mount and set Jaren up on the MR02 with the Calsonic body . It's very cool looking being blue with white wheels.

EMU
2008.08.30, 12:15 AM
RM covers 86, 90, and 94mm (and with modification 98mm).
MM covers 98, 102 and 106mm.
PN and Atomic both make 94mm MM mounts that allow you to use the 94mm RM bodies in an MM configuration.

Many racers that I know have used the C5R in a 98mm MM position. I have 3 94mm MM cars at the moment, one of which is the C5R. Other is the SC430, and last is 350z (015). The 94mm MM cars put down the power better than the 98mm MM cars, but have less on throttle steering and turn in.

russp
2008.08.30, 11:50 AM
RM covers 86, 90, and 94mm (and
Many racers that I know have used the C5R in a 98mm MM position. I have 3 94mm MM cars at the moment, one of which is the C5R. Other is the SC430, and last is 350z (015). The 94mm MM cars put down the power better than the 98mm MM cars, but have less on throttle steering and turn in.

I could make it work well with new rims that have less offset. Still, I'm glad I put it onto the MR015 as that car finally behaves great with this body and motor mount. It's very pleasant to drive now.

russp
2008.09.06, 12:41 PM
Got the RM mount today from our friends in NC. I hope one day to get up there to a race of theirs. Wish it was Greenville instead of NC as then we could race regularly. Oh well.

In any case, now I can get Jaren's car built up with the Calsonic body. I did have the mount from the MR015 but that mount was never right and was MM anyways which I don't have a good body for. The Calsonic looks very sweet with it's white tires.

russp
2008.09.08, 04:22 PM
Decided to part with the Porche 934 body if anyone wants it. Never opened. See here for my post:

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=314397#post314397