PDA

View Full Version : Help converting my AWD to 2.4g....Please.

Andy S2K
2008.08.16, 02:49 AM
Hi i place my order for a AWD board 2.4 and for the ko propo module for 2.4g.
Now i see some picture and i think that the upper 2.4G chassis cover is different from my old AWD Am chassis. Can i put the 2.4g board and hang to my old chassis!?!?
thx very much!

kryten
2008.08.16, 07:50 AM
The 2.4 board will fit your old AM chassis just fine.The only thing you are going to want to change is the top cover for a 2.4 one.

Andy S2K
2008.08.16, 10:15 AM
The 2.4 board will fit your old AM chassis just fine.The only thing you are going to want to change is the top cover for a 2.4 one.

can i modify the old cover cutting something if the new board doesn't fit?
Sorry for my english:)

kryten
2008.08.16, 10:18 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27629&page=15

Check out post#212 mk2kompressor had an AM cover on his 2.4awd before changing it to a 2.4ghz cover.

Andy S2K
2008.08.16, 03:35 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27629&page=15

Check out post#212 mk2kompressor had an AM cover on his 2.4awd before changing it to a 2.4ghz cover.

ok thx but where i can buy the cover? and what is that black pipe? :confused:
I bought the 2.4 ghz board with pot and servos but i don't know where i can find the cover and the pipe. I also see that with the conversion set (there is also the radio that i don't need) they give the radio, the upper cover, a pipe(?) and the plastic where i have to hang the wires (but it seems to me the same of my awd md-10......
I'm so confused...:(

kryten
2008.08.16, 03:56 PM
Well,you could try the shop here for starters,otherwise e bay will have some there.When you say pipe,do you mean the pairing stick? it's just a piece of plastic to poke through the cover to press the pairing button.

Andy S2K
2008.08.16, 04:21 PM
Well,you could try the shop here for starters,otherwise e bay will have some there.When you say pipe,do you mean the pairing stick? it's just a piece of plastic to poke through the cover to press the pairing button.

yes that stick!!! oh my god...a button?!? and the pairing stick is the best to push a button? i think i'm a little confuse.
I don't know how to buy because i don't know the code and the ebay is a jungle if i don't know wht type in. Do you know some link? I'm italian....
Thx very much. I appreciate your help:)

pfcparts
2008.08.17, 02:48 AM
I think the stick comes with the cover...

If not, you could simply find a large paper clip and use that.

I usually have one handy to tighten my diffs or pair the boards.

part # MD 012

parts

Andy S2K
2008.08.18, 04:07 AM
I think the stick comes with the cover...

If not, you could simply find a large paper clip and use that.

I usually have one handy to tighten my diffs or pair the boards.

part # MD 012

parts

Thx so much.i search or all around the world but seems that nobody have or. This is crazy...