PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new MR02

russp
2008.08.16, 08:39 PM
Been looking at my mini-z's. Just realized the bodies I got are all RM. I thought the MR015 I had was RM but it's actually MM.

I'm considering buying a MR02 chassis set from the shop as you get both MM and RM mounts with it. That would then give me a 3010 MR02 and I can use the RM mount to convert my old MR02 for one of these new bodies for Jaren. He is showing interest in racing so maybe we will have one more. His car control is vastly better than last time I let him drive so... I thought briefly about 2.4 GHz but the stupid $80 controller that is so ugly is too much of a turn off.

mleemor60
2008.08.16, 10:15 PM
Before writing off the KT-18 as a viable transmitter you should consider hand size if you are talking about a younger child. You didn't mention age and the layout and weight of the smaller radio would be easier for a youngster to manipulate.

russp
2008.08.16, 11:55 PM
Before writing off the KT-18 as a viable transmitter you should consider hand size if you are talking about a younger child. You didn't mention age and the layout and weight of the smaller radio would be easier for a youngster to manipulate.

I only considered it for myself briefly. I guess it would be lighter. Personally I think it's way, way overpriced and I just plain hate the look of that transmitter. Maybe for $5 but not for what they charge. In the end I'll just stick with the AM.

hpgod
2008.08.18, 10:40 AM
I have a stock rm pod from a my lexus sc430 readyset if you want it. Your price 0$ :)

Art

russp
2008.08.18, 11:29 AM
Yes, definitely thanks. I'm probably still getting another MR-02 but I would also like to convert the MR015 to RM additionally since my daughter has "laid claim" to one of the RM bodies. :)

hrdrvr
2008.08.18, 01:03 PM
If you end up wanting to go used there are a lot of deals popping up in the market place for used AM cars. My dad has a few that he'll be getting rid of for a good price. The boards are used (3010s), but everyhting else is new. He just changed the boards out with his AM set ups. Shoot me a PM if interested. He could set you up with any motor config you wanted, and possibly all of them for a small price increase :D

briankstan
2008.08.18, 01:17 PM
Been looking at my mini-z's. Just realized the bodies I got are all RM. I thought the MR015 I had was RM but it's actually MM.

I'm considering buying a MR02 chassis set from the shop as you get both MM and RM mounts with it. That would then give me a 3010 MR02 and I can use the RM mount to convert my old MR02 for one of these new bodies for Jaren. He is showing interest in racing so maybe we will have one more. His car control is vastly better than last time I let him drive so... I thought briefly about 2.4 GHz but the stupid $80 controller that is so ugly is too much of a turn off.

you can find used KT-18 transmitters for $35 to $45, I just sold 2 of them.

russp
2008.08.18, 03:41 PM
Yeah, saw the $35. That makes it more "palatable" but I still hate the controller itself. What were they thinking with this thing? Maybe they think a Star Trek phaser is a cool look but it's just plain dorky looking. The feel is not my favorite either. Basically, I'm disappointed in Kyosho and see no compelling reason to switch from AM, especially given the price penalty.

russp
2008.08.19, 01:21 PM
Well guys, turns out HRDVR has a 3010 he's willing to sell me for a good price so I'll be upgrading my stock car to a 3010 board and will take my old one and build a second car for the kids so they both can drive at the same time. The 3010's with the new Orion batteries should give me plenty of power so I won't suffer straight envy. :)

Did we decide to move to a new motor for stock class this season?

- Russ