8:00am Group Pictures
8:30am 3rd Qualify
1:00pm Finals
6:00pm Prize Giving
7:00pm Track Close

http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/PNWC2008-Logo.gif

Las Vegas Cashman Convention Center

World Final Race November 7-9

Drivers! Online Sign up NOW before Oct 26 (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/signup.htm)

NO sign up after Oct 26

Please send the payment by Paypal (entryfee@pnracing.com) Please put driver's name under Paypal payment remarks.

All online sign-ups and payments MUST be done before OCT 26, NO ACCEPTIONS. No refunds will be issued for any reason. All heat sheets will be posted on www.pnracing.com by OCT 31.

Race Schedule (http://www.pnracing.us/world2008schedule.htm)

2008 Rules 3.5 click here! (http://www.pnracing.us/2008rules-finals3.5.htm)

Tjay
2008.08.21, 07:07 PM
Damn! It's almost here...

mk2kompressor
2008.08.21, 07:51 PM
im struggling with the plane ticket $$$$:(

crazyracer
2008.08.21, 08:01 PM
we have confirm 7 drivers from Spain, they booking at Expida.com just US$850.00 round trip.

wcrotty
2008.08.30, 08:38 PM
My tickets are bought and i can't wait.

I fly in the 6th at 4:30pm. I love Vegas.

lightwes
2008.09.17, 11:49 PM
This will be my first time at the race, will transponders be provided or will I need to purchase one? We use an AMB timing system out here so i know nothing of the Giro-Z system

Thanks

crazyracer
2008.09.18, 12:43 AM
We will provide Giro-Z lap counter, all drivers must be use hand out transponder in each race.

lightwes
2008.09.18, 01:21 PM
ok so there will be hand out transponders, we just have to be setup to plug them in.

Thanks

TNB
2008.10.06, 05:43 PM
Good luck to those visiting my area of the desert. I spent numerous weekends recently at Cashman Field taking photos of the Las Vegas 51's Baseball Team. Also, if anyone wants to spend some extra dollars, the SEMA show runs from 11/4/08-11/7/08, which is a very large "special equipment" automobile show.

http://www.semashow.com

Again, good luck in case I don't meet up with any of you guys since I'll be at SEMA (at least the first two days) and Aviation Nation (probably Saturday and not Sunday). MWC Championship Soccer is also 11/8/08 though I'll probably pass on that event because of Aviation Nation.

ruf
2008.10.06, 07:02 PM
Before you go inviting everybody, SEMA is not a public show and you must present credentials to pick up your pass.

from the SEMA website:
The SEMA Show and AAPEX are trade-only events and only qualified members of the automotive aftermarket are permitted to attend. The following categories do not qualify to attend:

* Accounting Firms
* Consumers
* Freight Providers
* Graphics companies non-automotive
* Exhibit Installation/Dismantle Companies
* Insurance
* Law Firms
* Modeling agent/agencies
* Packaging
* Printers
* Software companies non-automotive specific
* Travel Agencies
* Any non-automotive company

TNB
2008.10.06, 07:37 PM
Personally, I have media credentials to SEMA.

I just figured if anyone was really interested in attending SEMA, they would check the link that I provided just like if someone was really interested in attending the PNWC, they would check the criteria before booking a flight to attend a race. I also know that when PNWC was in SoCal, some of those racers attended the SEMA show held in Las Vegas after competing in the PNWC in SoCal. Perhaps, Phillip or Bennett can chime in more about that PNWC event and them attending SEMA.

And for those who don't know it, many times "trade" shows are "open" at a cost if one wants to take the time to fill out the form online or onsite, and sometimes, exhibitors will even provide "free" codes allowing the public to use those codes on the applications thus allowing them inside so-called "non-public" trade events. Forgive me for being nice or thoughtful and posting something that may also be of added interests. Quite honestly, I would have never even brought up SEMA but I simply recalled what happened after the PNWC race in SoCal and it further refreshed my mind after being contacted by Phillip. Heck, sometimes there are even Mini-Zs and Mini-Z tracks at SEMA, but that's another point or non-point depending on the view.

PS: Phillip, you should have already received my reply emails about PNWC. Nope, I don't really miss the forum. I guess it's also a good thing I didn't post a link about Aviation Nation or someone might have showed up with a pocket knife and got upset when Air Force Security Personnel asked them to put it in their automobile or have it taken away.

ruf
2008.10.06, 07:46 PM
TNB - not a slam at all. Please don't take my post the wrong way. I just didn't want people showing up and not being able to get in. We've had that issue before at SEMA. In the past, you had to present an appropriate business card to pick up/purchase your passes at the convention center.

dahlis
2008.10.08, 05:13 AM
Hopefully i will join you all at the PNWC race. I have only raced on RCP one time and with foam tires but if I can join the race it will be for fun and to learn from your racingexperience. Maybe if I find a setup fast so I get a lot out of the training I will be competitive.
Now Im looking for a affordable flight from Sweden and trying to get my friend to follow me to Las Vegas.
I dont really know which class Im going to race cause my car is in between the 2wd mod and Pan car class regulation. I want to race in 2wd mod but I always use the PN Pan car body.
Which body is best suited for 2wd mod? (98mm MM)

Sorry for my english, hope you understand.

z3zinho
2008.10.12, 07:05 AM
I have two questions for the organization...

Is it true that the race will be held with kenons RCP track?
Is the race going to be run with triple A mains?

crazyracer
2008.10.13, 04:57 PM
I have two questions for the organization...

Is it true that the race will be held with kenons RCP track?
Is the race going to be run with triple A mains?

In our 2005 and 2006 PNWC finals use brand new RCP track, all the drivers complain no traction, in 2007 we use Portugal used RCP track, this year we keep to use used track get more traction. So this year should be GREAT race!

Yes, same as all finals race, we run Triple A mains.

briankstan
2008.10.13, 05:08 PM
I've raced on Kenon's track. you won't be lacking any traction :D the traction on that track is simply amazing !

crazyracer
2008.10.13, 06:01 PM

Drivers! Online Sign up NOW before Oct 26 (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008/signup.htm)

NO sign up after Oct 26

Please send the payment by Paypal (entryfee@pnracing.com) Please put driver's name under Paypal payment remarks.

All online sign-ups and payments MUST be done before OCT 26, NO ACCEPTIONS. No refunds will be issued for any reason. All heat sheets will be posted on www.pnracing.com by OCT 31.

ruf
2008.10.13, 06:18 PM
I don't know who "all drivers" is, but I wasn't complaining... :) Plenty of traction in the mains on new RCP. Either way, I'm stoked for Vegas!

Tjay
2008.10.13, 07:13 PM
kenon track...? I think I'm in trouble. I'm racing AWD mod...

Payment sent. Thank you!

yasuji
2008.10.13, 11:16 PM
one would think that a track with good grip would be ideal for all racers
no need for special tires that need to be laser cut or grooved...u can run tires straight out of the bag that any one can buy
aside from that kenon track is only @ kenon.... when we go to vegas it will be laid out on a completely different surface recently disassembled .... it will not have been sitting there for months settling in....im hoping for half the traction that we currently have..
with that being said i can only hope to do better than i did last year
i will be prepaired this time not thinking that my set up should work any where
:Dand i have signed up and payment sent
LETS GET IT ON!:D

crazyracer
2008.10.15, 02:30 PM
Updated Drivers List (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc-driverlist.htm)

ruf
2008.10.15, 04:29 PM
im hoping for half the traction that we currently have..That's funny... ME TOO! :D Oh wait... you mean at least, and I mean at most... hahaha!

Tjay
2008.10.15, 04:31 PM
Bill... you're crazy! :D See you in Vegas!

crazyracer
2008.10.17, 05:32 PM
9 Days left for sign up!

wcrotty
2008.10.20, 09:42 AM
Tjay,

Never man. I love racing and the more classes the better if
you ask me. :)

Come on people this is vegas........should be a blast.

You can even pick up a hotel for 50 bucks a night.
Rental cars are cheap and flights are still cheap.

yasuji
2008.10.20, 12:04 PM
Tjay,

Never man. I love racing and the more classes the better if
you ask me. :)

Come on people this is vegas........should be a blast.

You can even pick up a hotel for 50 bucks a night.
Rental cars are cheap and flights are still cheap.

your the man bill.....6 classes???????????geeezzzz id go craaaaazzzzeee
i have a hard time being preped for one class:D......

yasuji
2008.10.20, 12:09 PM
its kinda late now but ..... i wonder if u could have got one of those free vacations....u know the one that they put you up in a hotel give u a free show... but you are supposed to go to a seminar.....consolidated resorts... i think....and if u were to skip out on the seminar i think it was a 100.00 fee....
hmmmmm i wonder if its too late for such a thing.....lol;)

atallfunguy
2008.10.22, 12:59 AM
its kinda late now but ..... i wonder if u could have got one of those free vacations....u know the one that they put you up in a hotel give u a free show... but you are supposed to go to a seminar.....consolidated resorts... i think....and if u were to skip out on the seminar i think it was a 100.00 fee....
hmmmmm i wonder if its too late for such a thing.....lol;)

My wifes parents attend those all the time, High pressure time share sales.

atallfunguy
2008.10.22, 01:01 AM
anybody from the bay area driving down around 5pm ish on friday let me know. I will split the gas with you and hotel stays.

I may be able to leave early but I don't think I can leave on thursday.

Paul Clanton

wcrotty
2008.10.22, 08:12 AM
Is Team Reflex coming?

crazyracer
2008.10.22, 09:58 AM
Yes, they will come a great team!

Cristian
Joe
Jacob
Lex (Bay area 1/10 fast guy)
2 drivers from Portugal

wcrotty
2008.10.22, 10:00 AM
Awesome.

I didn't see them on the drivers list so i was getting worried. :)

crazyracer
2008.10.22, 12:00 PM
All the RC drivers like to sign last minutes, some drivers asking me sign up at the track, BUT I told them 100% no sign up at track.

At least have 20-30 drivers not yet sign up, hurry up drivers!
This is the best Mini-Z event and great drivers, I can't wait.
Finally I confirm run 2WD Stock only!

This Sunday will be cut off sign up!

ruf
2008.10.22, 01:21 PM
Hi guys,

Yes, the Reflex team will be there in force. Since we have enough drivers, we're still trying to divvy up the classes and figure out who's running what... :p

wcrotty
2008.10.22, 01:42 PM
Joe......run all 6.

ruf
2008.10.22, 02:35 PM
Sure... that's the "easy" solution. :rolleyes:

yasuji
2008.10.22, 02:36 PM
Hi guys,

Yes, the Reflex team will be there in force. Since we have enough drivers, we're still trying to divvy up the classes and figure out who's running what... :p

2 weeks away and still unsure what classes to run??????
sounds like dmg/ama.....hahahaha:D

crazyracer
2008.10.22, 03:20 PM
Hi guys,

Hey, Joe I'm not talking you, don't worry! :p
At my counting, should be over 45 drivers will attemp this race.

CristianTabush
2008.10.22, 05:28 PM
So everyone is running 2WD stock huh? C'mon peeps lets not be lame. Whatever happened to the Worlds being about Racing Modified??? Should it be called the PNSWC instead???

This will be my 3rd ever Pan Car race, so no excuses about not ever racing mod... ;) Only running 1 class will bore the crap out of all of you! :P C'mon Grant, some AWD mod? or 2wd Mod?

wcrotty
2008.10.22, 08:28 PM
Christian,

You are right on with this one.

Step up people and run at least 3 classes. Only 3 people are running 3 or more classes.

BTW i do expect to see you run 6 classes this year. See if you can keep up with the old guy. :)

yasuji
2008.10.22, 10:49 PM
Christian,

You are right on with this one.

Step up people and run at least 3 classes. Only 3 people are running 3 or more classes.

BTW i do expect to see you run 6 classes this year. See if you can keep up with the old guy. :)

sorry guys.....im a pancar driver.... thats all i have ever driven.....and unfortunately i am not blessed with natural talent like you guys........i have a hard time adapting to different driving styles:confused:....all i know is pan car....:p

CristianTabush
2008.10.23, 12:16 AM
6 Is too many for me Bill. I have to do networking, help out with motors and parts for the team, plus I enjoy relaxing in between heats. Grant I get you buddy, but an MR-02 with a Mazda body in 98mm would be very similar to a Pan Car. And saying that you are not blessed with a natural driving ability??? C'mon, you smoked all of us! hehehe... Anyways, if you want a mod car, let me know and I'll set you up with one ;)

wcrotty
2008.10.23, 10:01 AM
Hate to bring this up this early BUT.

with only 2 people in AWD mod.......maybe 4 once everyone signs up.

Why don't we run AWD stock with speedy motors. A comprise
between the 2 and run one class. Just a suggestion.

CristianTabush
2008.10.23, 04:48 PM
There will be more AWD mod guys. Probably ends up being the quickest class. Lex is running AWD Mod, Alberto C., Rui Barroso, TJay, You, Me, Jonathan Fernandez, probably Uri V, Noe M and David M. from Spain. It will definitely have the highest concentration of GREAT drivers, wouldn't be surprised if everyone finishes the A main within 2 laps of each other...

Oh yeah and a couple of other quick AWD pilots from spain are coming including Ismail Pereira, the kid who finished 2nd in AWD stock last year and who won both stock and mod at the last PN regional (2wd) in Spain.

crazyracer
2008.10.24, 02:09 AM
3 Days left for sign up! drivers! :p

crazyracer
2008.10.24, 02:12 AM

NO sign up after Oct 26

Drivers List (http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc-driverlist.htm)

VAzRACER
2008.10.24, 10:20 PM
Crazyracer,

I just sent my payment in. I forgot to put my name along with the paypal transaction, it is from wardmwa@aol.com. Sorry for the mix up.

EMU
2008.10.25, 02:37 AM
I booked my flight, and registered for the race. 2wd stock, mod and Pan.

Anyone looking for a room-mate for fri/sat/sun nights to split costs? I am going to wait a couple days to book the room, to see if anyone is interested.

I dont know if any other NY region racers are going to make the trip... Hope some decide to go. I dont expect to win anything, I just need a little getaway and hope to make at least one A main.

z3zinho
2008.10.25, 12:24 PM
There must have been a mistake with my resgistration... i signed for AWD Mod, AWD stock and 02 mod, no Pan Car for me... someone on the organization please take care of this... the name is Alberto Carvalho.

z3zinho
2008.10.25, 12:29 PM
There must have been a mistake with my resgistration... i signed for AWD Mod, AWD stock and 02 mod, no Pan Car for me... someone on the organizatio please take care of this... the name is Alberto Carvalho.

crazyracer
2008.10.25, 04:05 PM
There must have been a mistake with my resgistration... i signed for AWD Mod, AWD stock and 02 mod, no Pan Car for me... someone on the organizatio please take care of this... the name is Alberto Carvalho.

Hello Alberto, don't worry, you signed 2WD Mod, 2WD Mod and AWD MOd, I already ask Joe, he told you should run AWD Stock, I already change our record, no problem, see you Vegas!

z3zinho
2008.10.26, 01:27 PM
Thank you Phil, see you in Vegas ;)

yasuji
2008.10.26, 01:37 PM
there are alot of big names that i dont see on the list??????
C.T. ,WILLY ,BENNET ,SAI..... CANADIANS.....FRANCE......NOR CAL.....
WHERE U @?????????

CristianTabush
2008.10.26, 02:02 PM
Willy and Bennett are not coming for sure. I talked to them in HK and they said they would rather go to the PN regional in Canada... I should be on there soon. I had not sent payment in, except for my entry fee.

I still can't believe how people just signed on to 1 or 2 tops on the classes for the Americans... We have all these people coming from overseas to race themselves huh???

Well at least it's the usual suspects in the fast classes...

mk2kompressor
2008.10.26, 02:49 PM
still gutted i cant get there:(
good luck to everyone

yasuji
2008.10.27, 03:33 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!50 drivers for the worlds....:D
looks like there are alot of good drivers in all of the classes....its gonna be a great time i can feel it....good luck to all and have safe trips
see you in VEGAS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ruf
2008.10.29, 06:36 PM
A week away! Get ready guys! This one is going to be AWESOME!

I'll be video blogging the whole way. Keep up with us here:
http://www.youtube.com/reflexracing

herman
2008.10.30, 01:46 AM
cool breakdown...
entries (8 countries represented)
usa 27
spain 8
mexico 6
philippines 4 :D go team philippines! (sorry couldn't help myself) :D
portugal 2
indonesia 2
japan 1
austria 1

2wd stock - 36 entries
2.4ghz - 22
ad - 3
27mhz - 11

awd stock - 13 entries
2.4ghz - 5
ad - 2
27mhz - 6

f1 stock - 10 entries
2.4ghz - 5
ad - 1
27mhz - 4

2wd mod - 18 entries
2.4ghz - 9
ad - 1
27mhz - 8

awd mod - 11 entries
2.4ghz - 4
ad - 1
27mhz - 6

pan car - 14 entries
2.4ghz - 11
ad - 1
27mhz - 2

good luck to all drivers....
and don't forget to post them pics... :D

DAVMOR
2008.10.30, 02:10 PM
Hi guys!!

I'm David Moret from Spain.

here we are ready to our trip to Las Vegas!!. Our Mini-Z racers are ready, our hands are ready...

So we are expecting to have a great time racing and meeting all of you again!!

See you soon

ruf
2008.10.30, 02:57 PM
See you next week David! Too bad no F1! :(

DAVMOR
2008.10.31, 07:24 AM
HAHAHAH, Yes Joe, I'm really bad!!!

In the end I have chosen Pancar and MR02 Modifyed. If It was only my decision, I would be like W. Crotty, and race all class!!!

But I must think about my suitcases!!! I will need to rent extra space in the plane to carry all my stuff!!!

Other reason is that I don't have time to set up all my cars. This year I haven't practice with my F1 and AWD, so I prefer to race only into the class I have been working hard...

Came to Las vegas and meet again my friends is enough for me...

Tjay
2008.11.01, 03:22 AM
anyone knows what gear ratio we should be running for the awd mod class? I thought I read it somewhere... thx!

crazyracer
2008.11.01, 04:34 AM
anyone knows what gear ratio we should be running for the awd mod class? I thought I read it somewhere... thx!

For the new modified motor, I recommend use 17/31, or 17/30

reechaard
2008.11.06, 11:56 AM
Good Luck to everyone at World Cup !!!!

herman
2008.11.06, 10:07 PM
yeah and don't forget to post pics / videos :D

fpipo
2008.11.07, 10:14 AM
They are going to have Online video?
If yes do you know where?

Regards

Cherub1m
2008.11.08, 12:23 PM
Two days into the event, give us a little something:D

ruf
2008.11.08, 10:16 PM
2WD Stock - Lex Tyler TQ, and Jacob Feinstein 2nd by 1s. Fastest laps in the 10.9 range.
AWD Stock - Alberto Carvalho TQ. Fastest laps in the 11.1 range.
F1 - Bill Crotty TQ. Fastest laps in the 11.5 range.
2WD Mod - Cristian Tabush TQ, Jacob 2nd, Alberto 3rd. Fastest laps in the 10.4 range.
AWD Mod - TJ Macabuhay TQ. Cristian Tabush 2nd, and Rui Barroso 4th. Fastest laps in the 10.7 range.
Pan Car - Cristian Tabush TQ. Fastest laps in the 10.3 range.

WTF and 96mm dominating in the first day of qualifying!

Cherub1m
2008.11.08, 10:25 PM
2WD Stock - Lex Tyler TQ, and Jacob Feinstein 2nd by 1s. Fastest laps in the 10.9 range.
AWD Stock - Alberto Carvalho TQ. Fastest laps in the 11.1 range.
F1 - Bill Crotty TQ. Fastest laps in the 11.5 range.
2WD Mod - Cristian Tabush TQ, Jacob 2nd, Alberto 3rd. Fastest laps in the 10.4 range.
AWD Mod - TJ Macabuhay TQ. Cristian Tabush 2nd, and Rui Barroso 4th. Fastest laps in the 10.7 range.
Pan Car - Cristian Tabush TQ. Fastest laps in the 10.3 range.

WTF and 96mm dominating in the first day of qualifying!

Thanks ruf. Now, tell Cristian to post a picture of the mystery AWD :D... and a pic of Tjay's AWD also:D.

Nice work guys, good luck for tomorrow

lfisminiz
2008.11.09, 01:36 AM
THANKS, Joe. Its good to get some info. Like Philip said.........wheres the mystery body??;):D

bermbuster
2008.11.09, 07:33 AM
thanks for the info...
Good Luck to all the Racers in the Finals(mains) today....

Cherub1m
2008.11.09, 10:24 PM
Hmmm... nothing. Will somebody throw us a bone or something about the finals:(

ruf
2008.11.10, 01:44 AM
Winners:
2WD Stock: Lex Tyler (Reflex)
AWD Stock: Johnathan Hernandez (ILR)
F1 Stock: Bill Crotty
2WD Mod: Jacob Feinstein (Reflex)
AWD Mod: TJ Macabuhay (ILR)
Pan Car: Jacob Feinstein (Reflex)

Awesome weekend. Reflex all over the podium. More later.

Red Team
2008.11.10, 05:25 AM
Congratulations to all participans for being there and to the winners !
Well done - as usual - Reflex !
Looking forward for some pics and clips and detailed review !

Tjay
2008.11.10, 10:23 AM
Just got home from an 8 hour drive...

It was tiring but fun. Great event and met tons of people :)! I love watching the race even the qualifiers. It was nerve racking!

I spent all day on Friday setting up my 2wd stock and wasn't able to get it until Saturday morning. My AWD mod on the other hand was good from the get go. Just needed fine adjustments. I was so busy on Friday that I forgot my AWD tool box. So all I had for my awd on that day was the car and a set of front wheel. I didn't change anything to my set-up, just fine adjustments. No cars could come close to the speed this car was carrying on the corners. The car was lapping the field during qual and mains. Just awesome!

I'll give you guys more update after I get some sleep time. :)

briankstan
2008.11.10, 10:33 AM
Congrats to all the winners, I'm sure that fun was had by all participants, as Phillip put on a great event.

I hope someone got some videos of the races. :) or at least some pictures.

Cherub1m
2008.11.10, 10:37 AM
Winners:

Thanks for the results Ruf.

And a congratulation to the winners and all the participants:D.

Ok, now back to business:

1) Picture of Cristian's mystery AWD Mod and set up :D
2) Picture of Tjay's AWD Mod and set up :D
3) Picture of Johnathan's AWD stock and set up :D
4) Picture of Bill's F1 stock and set up :D
5) Picture of Jacob's Pan Car, 2WD Mod and set up for both:D
6) Picture of Lex's 2WD stock and set up :D (Great Job!!! Lex for a newcomer to the Miniz scene)

Thank you in advance guys :D

kdeselms
2008.11.10, 02:46 PM
Congratulations Joe/Reflex, looks like this was a good time...wish I could have made it out there!

ruf
2008.11.10, 04:36 PM
1) Check the blog tomorrow. Our AWD's need a little more setup, and we were behind the curve this weekend from the get go. We still had a great time and were very competitive.

2) Former Reflex pilot (now running for our buddies at ILR) Tjay has graciously offered to send us his setup which we will post up on our site. Tjay's AWD car was untouchable this weekend, and it definitely shows how much hard work he's put into the setup and his driving. All of us at Reflex congratulate Tjay on his win. You deserve it!

3) We'll try to contact Jonathan as well about his setup. Jonathan also races with ILR, and it's awesome to have such a close relationship between our two teams. Never mind that he's Lex's old racing buddy. :p

4) I'll hit up my archnemesis Bill for his setup, or he'll post it up here himself. I did manage to hit the fastest F1 lap of 11.3 this weekend, but had bad luck on the first lap of the main. Had a great dice with Bill for a good solid 5 minutes trying to unlap myself.

5) Absolutely on the way. We've focused on 2WD up until this point, and I think it finally shows now. All our cars were running WTF and 96mm t-plates. We gave Bill some 96mm t-plates to try, and he instantly went 0.3s faster. Cristian's Mod and Pan Cars were also jamming so we'll post on that too. Alberto tried a prototype 96mm side damper system and loved it, but had some bad luck this weekend.

6) That was actually my car, so I'll post that later on tonight. Fresh off some wins in the 1/10 world, Lex (nickname: Pistachio) wheeled the snot out of that car and had nothing but good things to say about it. It only seems fitting that he should keep the hardware that helped him win! :D Jacob's car was also VERY solid and gave Lex and awesome run in the A2 main which you'll see posted later.

SaiTam
2008.11.10, 05:51 PM
Anybody on the list not using 2.4GHz?

Winners:

pinoyboy
2008.11.10, 06:02 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc-driverlist.htm
According to this chart
-Bill Crotty AM
-Johnathan Hernandez AD band

Cherub1m
2008.11.10, 06:13 PM
Hi Ruf

Thanks, man. I am sure not just me, but many will be waiting patiently :D.

lfisminiz
2008.11.10, 07:50 PM
Im waiting to..................:p:D:D

yasuji
2008.11.10, 10:26 PM
well im back home from the pnwc in las vegas....awesome event as always put on by pn racing
on wednesday my wife and i attended the sema show..
(i was excited to see that the lv convention ctr was all concret floor....:D)
on thursday we just sat around and relaxed as i preped my tires and made sure that i was prepaired for the finals....
on friday morning i woke really early as i was excited to get to the cashman ctr to get things rolling for the weekend....
i arived @7 am....i walked in to where we would spend the next 3 days.....and to my suprise:confused:the cashman was a carpeted center:(
that was not what i had wanted to see....so i tried to put that out of my mind and started to help setting up for the event....next was the topper....i got to see the lay out for the finals just before building the track.....the lay out was in fact 24x14 tiles.........with 19 turns:confused:... looked like a good stk car track....(i belive that last years track only had 13 or 14 turns)....not to good for mods.... esp. with the new pnwc 33 turn mod motor....
with everything set up i waited patiently for 3 pm to come around... all the while mind screwing my self in to a panic.....as drivers started showing up and setting up there pit spaces.i was ready for the first practice session to begin
i got out there with my regional set up and to my suprise....my car had tons of rear bite:D.... but had no front grip at all....along with no rear grip under braking......damn carpet:confused:....lol
to make this long story short... i sucked all weekend... i couldnt put a single race together ...struggling with my new ex-1 ur...(sold it @ a loss... but i just couldnt come to terms with it... hope you enjoy it paul;))
my custom built EX-18 was my saving radio...people thought that i was crazy for changing to a radio that i did not use at all in practice...
i had tons of fun and enjoyed racing with ct jacob david chad lucas stephen(phea) and daniel(austria)
i was fortunate enough to make the A main qualifying in the 6th spot with the fastest single lap of the weekend by any driver in any class a 10.0 something ;)
my car lost bind before the A1 pancar race and i missed the warm up... i was a little tense for the start and got off the line like i was at the drags.....unfortunatly i was in 6th on the grid and i bumped lucas(5th) and launched david(4th) going in to the first turn.... and got tangled up to only get up to 5th with the fastest lap of 10.2 somthing with jacob taking the win
A2 pancar race... i started smooth but still got bumped in to the wall in the first turn but i came out of it fairly well in to the 3rd or 4th position behind jacob and chad.....some how i was able to get in to the lead:confused:... it was to much pressure and i hit the wall coming on to the straightaway facing the outside corner and couldnt get it reversed :confused:and got passed by jacob and chad..... from there on out i had lost touch with the leaders ending up 3rd in that main with the fastest lap of the race...10.04 i think..... with jacob taking the win as well as being crowned pancar champ
A3 main saw us all move up a position as jacob sat out and marshalled as the new pancar champ
i got a clean start only to get bumped in to the wall.....dead last... i was able to work my way back up in to 3rd by the end of the second lap... ihad a few good dices with chad and david...but ended up 3rd with a fast lap of 10.2 somethingwith phea taking a verry close fourth due to a mistake i had made trying to hold off the leaders
with christian taking the win
final standings
jacob
ct
chad
grant
stephen
david
daniel
lucas

lfisminiz
2008.11.10, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the detailed update Grant. Cant wait to see and hear more results and pictures, set-ups, bodies etc.....from the event.:)

CristianTabush
2008.11.11, 10:09 AM
It is important to let you guys know that all the Reflex winning cars were running 96mm wheelbases. Jacob and I has identical set-ups on our cars, they were literally clones of each other down to the paint schemes. The pan cars were 96 and our touring cars were 96mm, all with 350z bodies and wide track front ends.

I would like to thank Lex, Jacob and the rest of the Team for their fantastic results. Sweeping the 2wd classes was not bad considering this is the only car we make parts for so far, just think about the possibilities once we jump into AWD dev...

yasuji
2008.11.11, 12:16 PM
i gotta say that jacob and ct are world class drivers as well as all the drivers @ reflex... so smooth and consistent
i will be trying there set up in the near future.... who knows.... maybe if i was running Pancar in 96mm i may have been able to get into the 9s......lol;)
as for me all i can do is keep working on my race craft..... my car was not bad at all....i just folded under the pressure:o

CristianTabush
2008.11.11, 02:57 PM
Thanks Grant! Your car was definitely quick. I did not expect to do so well in Pan Car as this is only the 4th time I have ever run one and I ened up doing better in it than in any other class. The 96mm really brought my car alive, I mean me TQ'ing that class was wild! I did not even practice with my Pan Car since I had to turn my Pan Car into my mod car and use my back up to build a Pan Car the night before (AD was shutting down). As soon as I TQ'd we switched Jacob over to 96mm as well and he was on pace with me as well.

Other cars had good pace, but I just think Jacob's and my car were easier to drive consistently lap in-lap out. We ran nearly identical qualifying times (I was 3 seconds faster) and nearly identical A-main win times (55 10:01.1 for JF and 55 10:01.8 for me, mine could have been a 56 lapper if it had not been for a little tangle on the 2nd to last corner of the race.)

Cherub1m
2008.11.11, 09:20 PM
Congrats guys!!!

Pictures and set-ups please :D

Z_408
2008.11.11, 11:19 PM
I would like to thank everyone that was involved in putting this event together. Philip, you and your crew did an excellent job. When I opened my store a few years ago, I never thought we would ever go to an event like this. After the regional in August I asked my local guys if they wanted to go and everyone said yes. These guys are just a bunch of guys that enjoy Mini-Z and want to have fun. Then the next thing you know we have almost 10 of our local guys in LV for the PN worlds. I am very pleased with how they all performed. We competed with the best and were just trying not to look bad.

For any new people out there. You just have to come down to your local track and play/practice and I know you can do what we did.

If anyone sees Philip before I do, please ask him where's our trophy for the best turn marshals?

It was very fun meeting all the racers. The PN crew are very fun to hang out with. Matt, see you at the next worlds, you are very fast. Grant, hope to see you on the 22nd.

Z_408
2008.11.11, 11:45 PM
I forgot to say thanks to Bill C for all his help while we were on the drivers stand. You are one of the fastest, nicest racers I know. Thanks for all the tips and I am sorry I took you out during the F1 race.

Some more pics.

Z_408
2008.11.11, 11:46 PM
more pics.......

Z_408
2008.11.11, 11:53 PM
pics........

ruf
2008.11.12, 01:46 AM
I forgot to say thanks to Bill C for all his help while we were on the drivers stand. You are one of the fastest, nicest racers I know. Thanks for all the tips and I am sorry I took you out during the F1 race.I second that. Bill is a class act for sure. It's always my pleasure racing against him. And you should have taken him out a few more times so I could catch him! hahaha! :D

Cherub1m
2008.11.12, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the pics Z 408,

Keep them coming guys:).

Cherub1m
2008.11.12, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the pics Z 408

Keep them coming guys!:D

I second that. Bill is a class act for sure. It's always my pleasure racing against him. And you should have taken him out a few more times so I could catch him! hahaha! :D

I agree, I meet Bill at the Atomic event in Flushing NY, not only can he drive any miniz chassis at the highest level he is also very helpfull and above all, a humble man (his racing results does his talking)

Cherub1m
2008.11.12, 01:03 PM
:D:D:D

1) Picture of Cristian's mystery(well, now we know it was a 787 Mazda) AWD Mod and set up
2) Picture of Tjay's AWD Mod and set up
3) Picture of Johnathan's AWD stock and set up
4) Picture of Bill's F1 stock and set up
5) Picture of Jacob's Pan Car, 2WD Mod and set up for both
6) Picture of Lex's 2WD stock and set up (Great Job!!! Lex for a newcomer to the Miniz scene)

Please :D

Hekyl
2008.11.12, 01:47 PM
Bill is really one of the reasons I have enjoyed Mini-z after a few years time. I have the pleasure of having him around at our local track. So laid back and commited to growing this awesome community, plus always looking to give solid advice. Truly a good guy and a real pleasure to watch. Thanks!

CristianTabush
2008.11.12, 02:25 PM
Pictures of our cars will be available in about a weeks time, through our website.

wcrotty
2008.11.12, 05:18 PM
Binh is that you? No worries on the F1 main. It was my fault for trying to pass on the outside. Joe I wish we could have run nose to tale for a full 10 min, that would have been a blast. Maybe they will do triple a mains for F1 next year.

Thanks for the kind words guys. You know the best part of racing is the people.

First off I want to thank Philip, family and crew for a great event. Everything ran so smooth and was well organized. The track surface had the most traction I have race on, which made for some awesome racing. The give always were also top notch. Man Philip even gave everyone 5 sets of tiers, and a motor per class raced. Thanks Philip for a great event.

Team Reflex and ILR were on their game this weekend. Both taking down multi world cups. Sounds like a good start of a rivalry. Jacob again is just a flawless, fast, and awesome driver. TJ and Johnathan both had AWD cars that were perfect and they drove just as well. Heck, Johnathans car even had an AD shutdown and still won by a lap. WOW. Lex great job, and I hope you spread the word about mini-z racing to the bigger scale drivers.

Thanks Cristian and Jacob for the 96 mm setup. My car was at least .3 faster with the setup and it made the car drive awesome. That last 2wd mod race made my weekend.

To build a replica of my F1. Take a box stock F1, put in ball bearings, ball diff, yellow springs in the back, a fly paint job, and lots of luck. Tires were pn 6 rears and kyosho 20 fronts. That is it. I think I might put a pod on it at some point just for the higher gearing but why change a good thing.

Running 6 cars was a bit crazy and I calculated that I drove 4.4 hours and that is without practice time. That has to be a record. But if I had to drop 2 classes what 2 would I drop.

Chad, Robert (AKA stubby), and Odysseus. It was a blast hanging with you Sunday night downtown.

Steven@ILR
2008.11.12, 08:45 PM
Thanks to Philip and his whole crew, without them this wouldn't of been possible. Great event as it must be every year. Well organized, simply said.
As for me i stunk it up! i was not up to Parr as my other events sadly to say. Problems all weekend but the experience was worth it. I agree with Binh we should get a trophy for the best turn marshals. i was flying in and out to help the flipped or troubled reverse asf cars. All races were fun to watch even qualifiers. Great job to our local guys resenting the Bay Area and ILR. Ill be waiting till the next big event to redeem myself:D

JacobFeinstein
2008.11.12, 11:36 PM
The race was another awesome experience and it was great to see everyone again. I have to thank Philip for putting on another excellent event and coming up with one of the best layouts I have ever raced on. Big congratulations to TJ, Johnathan, Bill, and Lex for performing so well throughout the weekend. Grant, I still don't know how you managed a 10.0, but it was impressive to see how truly quick your car was. ;) Thanks to everyone for the kind words and fantastic competition. It really was one of the coolest moments of the weekend for me to watch the A3 main of 2WD Mod and see Bill go 3 tenths quicker with the new Reflex 96mm H-plates. For him to say that he liked the product with minimal other changes to his setup is a testament to how good it is. Thanks Bill for promoting the product!

EMU
2008.11.13, 12:01 AM
The race was great. I got to hang out with a lot of great racers, on and off the track. Reflex really put on a good show, winning three of the six classes and making it to the podium in all of the classes. They are a real asset to the Mini-Z community.

I didnt do nearly as well as I would have liked. I errored much more than usual, although I did have some fast laps (still a little off pace of the leaders). It was a difficult race to setup without really having a team to bounce ideas off of and work setup out with.

I did well with my MR015, which I mainly ran just to show that it can be a competetive chassis. I needed a little more steering, but didnt want to change things around too much, without knowing how much the traction was going to go up.

It was great to meet a lot of new people, and those that I are on the forums here.

yasuji
2008.11.13, 12:16 AM
it was the most technical lay out that i had ever driven....it only had one straightaway:confused:lol

cyberdude
2008.11.13, 01:52 AM
nice pictures Binh.. I should went with you guys..

pics........

Tjay
2008.11.13, 03:24 AM
You should have went cyberdude... it was tons of fun!

I'd like to thank Philip, his family and PN crew for having this very well organized race. I'm so happy that I went even though I wasn't able to eat breakfast and lunch and only had 3 hours of sleep. I was exhausted but it was worth it.

There's only few people I know that drives smooth and one of them is Jacob F. If you guys have a chance to watch this kid, take it. It's not always you get a chance to watch or race with a guy that has multiple World title.

As always, Bill Crotty is the nicest/friendliest person at any big event I go to. Congratulations Bill on the F1 and A-mains on some of your classes. You were great especially knowing that your F1 only had ball diffs, bearings, still with AM board and manages to take 1st. That was great!

I wasn't expecting it from these guys but damn they were fast and consistent! Chad Nelson and Lukas Tobing. Lukas was on my ass and passed my like I was on a dead stop! Great driving Lukas. I will practice more on my 2wd stock and hope to run with you again. Chad, Thanks for the tip and for helping me with my servo problems. It worked out great! Also, you were really fast in 2wd stock class. I can't wait for the next regionals to race with you guys! :D

Crazy driver! Grant was doing things I never knew any RC cars can do. That was awesome! I've always wondered how this guy manages to drop those ridiculous numbers. This guys cuts the corners by having the rear end pivots around the corner. Crazy! Right when I got home, that's the first thing I tried at my track. I'm getting better but still need to be more consistent using this rear steering. You're too fast Grant and that pass that you did on Jacob... insane!

Thanks to Reflex Racing for the opportunity that was given to me early on this year. I learned a lot from you guys especially Cristian. As time goes by, I hope to learn more from the best... Reflex Racing.

Special Thanks to my house... Inside Line Racing for their support. I trained my ass off the entire year with novice, sportsman and expert drivers. I've learned a lot from Binh on the 2wd set-up, Steven and Stephen on my AWD mod set-up. Our local drivers for letting me work on their cars. This helped me out a lot by learning to understand how this little cars work.

Pinoy folks... As always, you guys were very supportive. Thank you!

CristianTabush
2008.11.13, 03:33 AM
No thanks to your team principals Jacob :( ??? J/K All I can say is I am so proud of my guys, all hand picked by Joe and myself to do what they are supposed to do... WIN!!! Grant was quick for sure! I was so nervous when he was behind me because I knew he was so quick, but I have to say the performance my protoge (Jacob, for all of you that don't know) and Lex made me happier than winning the World Cup myself. To see our parts DOMINATE the way they did was just out of this world. I was almost in tears when I saw my guys raise their trophies. I can't find the words to explain how awesome it felt to see all WTF, 96mm cars win in convincing fashion. Maybe next year, we will have AWD's with Reflex parts and we can do better in this class, hopefully trying to give the ILR guys a run for their money as they owned AWD!!!

TJAY, I saw the potential in you and that's why I recruited you earlier this year, I knew you were going to kick some tail. Your AWD was awesome! funny thing is the set-up you run is identical to my local track's set-up, except for the body, go figure!!! Congrats man, you were on a class of your own. Once we do a little more development on the AWD, you will definitely be on my short list for product testing!

But once again, THANK YOU Jacob and Lex, you guys RULE!!! Especially you Jacob! The way you won was amazing, you made it seem easy! I still remember when you were shorter than me, and me telling everybody, this kid is going to wax EVERYBODY in a couple of years.

I wish I could have had a better showing, but being a team rep/ team manager it is hard to focus on my cars. I did not even have time to replace my tires! I was not worried since I was surrounded by such great drivers on my team and I knew they would come through. Winning all 2WD classes proved how far ahead in development we were over everybody with the MR-02, next hurdle is the AWD!!!

dvsstrike
2008.11.13, 07:12 AM
picture of that carbon car on the pn vending table, please. looks like anew type of chassis

pinoyboy
2008.11.13, 10:21 AM
picture of that carbon car on the pn vending table, please. looks like anew type of chassis

That definitely looks like an MRCG to me
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=286767&postcount=1

phea
2008.11.13, 11:52 AM
The level of racing displayed by Jacob, Bill, Christian, TJ, Hernandez, Chad, Grant, Lucas was beyond my expectations. These guys here are definately top tier racers in the mini-z world.

The 3 day event was super tiring but fun. I raced 3 classes that im pretty new in and was lucky that my cars setup hooked up after some adjustments. Running triple A-mains in my 3 classes was insane. You literally have to have nerves of steel to just survive around the track. It took me awhile to get used to the transition to the different cars and pressure. I sure learned alot from racing with the best of the best.

I'm also really glad that the local racers from ILR came out and represented our track, ILR. I hope next year more club racers come and participate in these awesome events.

Congrats again to all the 08 world champs!

JacobFeinstein
2008.11.13, 12:35 PM
No thanks to your team principals Jacob :( ???

Ha well I honestly think it does not do you, Joe, or my Dad justice to simply say thanks.;) You guys know that I am so grateful for all the help you have given me over the years, and it really showed how devoted you were to pushing the development with the 2WD parts and how much you guys wanted us to do well. Theres truly no place I would rather be than with the guys at Reflex Racing, and its hard to put in words how much help and development they have helped me and my Dad with, especially with the release of their new products before the World Cup.

yasuji
2008.11.13, 01:53 PM
The level of racing displayed by Jacob, Bill, Christian, TJ, Hernandez, Chad, Grant, Lucas was beyond my expectations. These guys here are definately top tier racers in the mini-z world.

The 3 day event was super tiring but fun. I raced 3 classes that im pretty new in and was lucky that my cars setup hooked up after some adjustments. Running triple A-mains in my 3 classes was insane. You literally have to have nerves of steel to just survive around the track. It took me awhile to get used to the transition to the different cars and pressure. I sure learned alot from racing with the best of the best.

I'm also really glad that the local racers from ILR came out and represented our track, ILR. I hope next year more club racers come and participate in these awesome events.

phea.... u were the biggest suprise to me to see how fast u were with your pan...i knew that u were an awesome awd driver..... and i knew that u had not been driving 2wd for very long.....u r an awesome driver with a smooth and fast driving style..... looking forward to racing you in the near future....;)

ruf
2008.11.13, 02:45 PM
track layout panoramic composite

Z_408
2008.11.13, 03:48 PM
Bill: I would not consider it a rivalry. We are just a bunch of club racers. I opened a store, they walked in, and we went to Vegas. I do hope that this would encourage more clubs to come out to event like this. It is a great learning experience.

Jacob: Like TJ said, you are smooth.

Grant: You are crazy fast.

Jonathan wanted me to let everyone know that he race the same car car both classes. We ran 21/27 for both classes. He missed Fridays practice. I drove his car some Friday and told him what it was doing. I talked about it some Saturday morning and with a little tweaking it worked great. Did anyone else notice Jonathan's line in the hairpin after the straight in AWD mod? He had the sickest line. In AWD stock he had two shutdowns and the second main and still managed the win. In AWD mod he was leading the last main and almost lapped the whole field until the 9 minute mark when his batteries dump. He ended up 3 in that race. If his batteries did not dump, it would have been TJ and Jonathan, 1 and 2 on the podium for AWD mod.

yasuji
2008.11.13, 04:38 PM
thanks Z_408..... now i need to put it all together so mabe i can win one of these days....

lugnutz
2008.11.13, 04:58 PM
grant you will win one maybe next year when i can make it,you will have a fast team mate as well that will help keep some of the other guys out of the main

yasuji
2008.11.13, 05:03 PM
grant you will win one maybe next year when i can make it,you will have a fast team mate as well that will help keep some of the other guys out of the main

thanks lug;)

lugnutz
2008.11.13, 05:13 PM
got your back,pan car is almost done can't wait now the work scare is done for now :cool:

cyberdude
2008.11.13, 05:37 PM
Stephen... congrats again. Are going to ILR today?

color01
2008.11.13, 07:16 PM
I just noticed too. Looks like Philip brought one to the Worlds because I couldn't make it. :o Cheers Philip!

EMU
2008.11.13, 08:18 PM
The PN MRCG looked great. I just wish he would have leant me the motormount. Mine was tweaked too much. Did anyone take a pic of the PN MRCG?

VAzRACER
2008.11.13, 11:48 PM
Here are the pics I have of the PN chassis.

VAzRACER
2008.11.13, 11:54 PM
Here are a few pics of the track.

VAzRACER
2008.11.14, 12:03 AM
Some of the pits.

VAzRACER
2008.11.14, 12:06 AM
Top three in 2wd stock, awd stock, and F1 stock in that order.

VAzRACER
2008.11.14, 12:09 AM
Top three in 2wd mod, awd mod, and pan in that order.

briankstan
2008.11.14, 01:07 AM
Great Pictures :D

ambind
2008.11.14, 03:00 AM
Hi All,

I still haven't completely recovered from the race...what a blast! Props to Philip and the crew for putting a great show, everything went smooth and right on schedule. I still can't forget how much fun I had the whole weekend, made new friends and be able to run with finest drivers around the world.

Congrats to reflex and ILR for taking it home and to all the winners. TJ, you're fast man..I watched the awd main and your car is untouchable, great driving! Bill, congrats to you, I had fun talking and race with you, one of the cleanest driver I've race with.

ILR, you guys are cool, stephan..you surprised me, I know your good with awd but you are fast in 2wd stock I had fun running with you, your pan car looked good man..keep it up! Binh, It was nice to meet you, I'll stop by one of these days to run with you guys.

As for me, it was pretty tough to be in the A main, level of competition is so high, any fine adjustments made a big different. I didn't have enough time to work on my 2wd stock, during triple A main, I've tried different batteries which I ended up with R1 batteries that I'm really happy with, very consistent throughout the 10 minutes main, and also tried 3 diffrerent gear ratios when finally on the last main, my stock car came close to my liking and only if I have more time for more improvement. In pan car I was chasing setup the whole day on Sunday my car wasn't handling at all and don't have time to fix and forced me to abandoned the last main.

Thanks to all Kenon guys that keep me energized the whole weekend. These guys is nothing but fun fun fun!

Special thanks to Grant for the pit work, batteries and for the body, even though it's slow at least my pan car looks good:D. Congrats for pulling the fastest lap time for the weekend, you car dialed man too bad you had radio problems.

Thanks everybody, until next year....

yasuji
2008.11.14, 11:41 AM
i will be working on getting the videos that i have up in the next few days:D
here is the last race of the weekend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i024R4GCuVY

minittrackmann
2008.11.14, 04:56 PM
Looks like it was an amzing race. Still waiting on pictures of the Reflex Racing Team cars:)

Cody

Tjay
2008.11.14, 06:40 PM
I have always wondered why there's only a few guys running AWD at kenon track. I guess it was because of the traction issue... Last week, I was comparing the time between the fastest Pan and my AWD mod and I think the AWD mod was .5 sec off of lap pace compare to pan. I'm sure it can be competitive... next stop, rckenon with my AWD. When's the next race LA folks? ;)

Tjay
2008.11.14, 06:41 PM
sneak peek... :P

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g10/Teejay_Cynthia/IMG_0464.jpg?t=1226706052

pics and specs will be posted on my site... soon.

yasuji
2008.11.14, 06:44 PM
I have always wondered why there's only a few guys running AWD at kenon track. I guess it was because of the traction issue... Last week, I was comparing the time between the fastest Pan and my AWD mod and I think the AWD mod was .5 sec off of lap pace compare to pan. I'm sure it can be competitive... next stop, rckenon with my AWD. When's the next race LA folks? ;)

i am holding a $$ event on nov 29th

Tjay
2008.11.14, 06:55 PM
MHT? That's sick Grant. What's the deal with that? How much to get in and how much is the pay out? What are the rules? Hit me up!

Cherub1m
2008.11.14, 07:26 PM

I have been waiting patiently:D

Z_408
2008.11.15, 04:29 PM
A few more pics.........

Cherub1m
2008.11.15, 05:31 PM

Hi Tjay

I just checked out your AWD set up on your site (your front end set up and rear tire combo are very similar to mine, the rear set up,... well very different since I use the SAS Pro). Very nice. Had some questions:

1) You did not use any rear wing for the NSX body?
2) You used a Nickle to balance the chassis?
3) I noticed some debris on the rear knukles where they attach to the rear toe bar, did you use any grease/oil/silicon diff grease on it and also on the front knukles?
4) How in the heck dont you end up breaking the stock kyosho swing shafts? especially the front one?
5) Did you ever try the SAS Pro/SAS kit?

Thanks for sharing your set up.

CristianTabush
2008.11.16, 11:32 PM
Part of the article is up... http://www.reflexracing.net/pnwc08.asp

Still need to upload the full size pics, set-ups used, official time results and the pictures of the winning cars. I will work on adding to the page through this week. Just pooped right now, it was a lot of work...

briankstan
2008.11.16, 11:51 PM
Great write up Cristian.

EMU
2008.11.16, 11:58 PM
Great write up Cristian. Looks like a lot of work went into that. I almost replayed some of the races in my head... The A2 stock was an amazing battle to watch.

Cant wait to see the official results.

mk2kompressor
2008.11.17, 12:06 AM
exellent:)
i hope it will be in spain next year!!!

ruf
2008.11.17, 01:07 AM
Just pooped right now, it was a lot of work...Try more fiber. Too much Vegas buffet for you... :eek:

yasuji
2008.11.17, 01:14 AM
that was an awesome write up!!!:cool:
good job ct....

crazyracer
2008.11.17, 04:04 PM
Just posted all result on http://www.pnracing.com click World Cup

lugnutz
2008.11.17, 05:14 PM
thanks phillip maybe next year i can make it thanks frank

bermbuster
2008.11.17, 06:28 PM
Awesome race and congrats to all the racers.....
Special thanks to Philip....without you and your business us Mini Z racers would not be at the level we are today...

crazyracer
2008.11.17, 06:34 PM
Awesome race and congrats to all the racers.....
Special thanks to Philip....without you and your business us Mini Z racers would not be at the level we are today...

Thank you! this is my mission on Mini-Z, I love Mini-Z same as my nick name, so I also want all drivers enjoy Mini-Z and all new guys to know Mini-Z how fun, for me I very good luck for working in my hobby, so I'm not only make the parts for make money, I want make more good part for more people make more fun.

minittrackmann
2008.11.17, 08:05 PM
And thats why I only run PN parts hahha:)

I wish I could have attended the race. Sounds ausome. Damn grades. lol. I will deff. be there next year.

Cody

ruf
2008.11.17, 08:09 PM
AWD and 2WD A1 vids posted on kenonhobby youtube. Linked to our youtube channel as well in favorites.

AWD A1 main has a "jump" at the 0:40 mark hence the shortened length. I'll ask Philip to try and get the whole vid back up.

MantisMMA
2008.11.17, 08:16 PM
good write up CT!

herman
2008.11.17, 08:38 PM
pretty cool write up ct...

congrats to all winners... :D
and thanks to all who posted the pics... :D

lfisminiz
2008.11.17, 10:18 PM
CRISTIAN - Good write up. Thanks to guys like you for making this scale what it is.

Philip (PN) - BIG thanks to you for making the mini-z racing the way it is today. Parts, promotion, big time racing.

herman
2008.11.17, 10:38 PM
Just posted all result on http://www.pnracing.com click World Cup

thanks for the info...

also pls note
link to 2WD STOCK D actually shows 2wd stock c results
& 2WD STOCK E results - page not found

ruf
2008.11.17, 11:08 PM
Quite possibly the best race of the weekend. 2WD Stock A2. Lex and Jacob battling for the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7Di7oTx_k

ambind
2008.11.18, 02:08 AM
Quite possibly the best race of the weekend. 2WD Stock A2. Lex and Jacob battling for the win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko7Di7oTx_k

Great announcing Joe, Lex and Jacob have their own battle while Chad and I were battling for 3rd place..there are battles for position in every area of the track..great video...great racing!

Tjay
2008.11.18, 03:56 AM
Thanks for announcing and posting up the vid Joe.

I love 2wd stock racing! It's the best class. I spent all day Friday and Saturday setting up my car and on Sunday I figured what was wrong... ME :D. Great racing guys!

warfile
2008.11.18, 09:08 AM
Better late than ever...;) It was my first big event abroad and it was fantastic, being in the US for the first time and in Las Vegas!
The race was.... you guys already said it all!;)
Another thing, i was very impressed by the coments during the race, it was awsome.

A special thanks to Cristian and Joe...:D

Hope to see most of you in Barcelona next year.

ruf
2008.11.18, 03:19 PM
ambind - that was an awesome run between you guys as well!

tjay - nothing wrong with you in AWD! hahaha!

warfile - see you there!

crazyracer
2008.11.19, 02:36 AM
more video upload on http://www.pnracing.com

cyberdude
2008.11.19, 04:17 AM
Very nice write up.. In the pictures, it look like there's more red shirts than white.. :)

Part of the article is up... http://www.reflexracing.net/pnwc08.asp

Still need to upload the full size pics, set-ups used, official time results and the pictures of the winning cars. I will work on adding to the page through this week. Just pooped right now, it was a lot of work...

ruf
2008.11.19, 04:40 AM
There were definitely more red shirts than white! The ILR team was out in full force! The Reflex crew for this race consisted of 6 team members, and we took home more than our fair share of hardware! Together as a red and white family (is it Christmas yet?), Reflex and ILR pretty much dominated the event. Some may want to call it a rivalry, but it is anything but that. Binh and the ILR crew are definitely a class act, and we were rooting for each other the whole weekend! :D

briankstan
2008.11.19, 01:02 PM
Can you guys tell me what the motor was for the Pan Car Class? Can it be run on a stock 2.4 board? if not what do you recommend?

CristianTabush
2008.11.19, 01:06 PM
The motor was the new PN Modd 33 or 32 turn motor... It is in the same can as the previous generation Atomic motors, with a little bit different design. The motor is super efficient and ballistic! The 2WD mod cars were running their fastest laps at the end of runs, which to me says that they were too fast :)

briankstan
2008.11.19, 01:40 PM
thanks Cristian, can the 2.4 board safely run this motor?

I've been working on my Pan Car, and would like to have the motor pretty close to what I would use at an event, but I just have the stock 2.4 board in my current Pan Car setup.

EMU
2008.11.19, 01:53 PM
I ran the motor for 2wd mod and pan car on a stock 2.4ghz board ;)

briankstan
2008.11.19, 02:10 PM
thanks EMU, What what your gearing? I'm currently running a SpeedyAD (39 turn) with a 52/9 gearing.

I looked on the Kenon site, but I didn't see this motor ? :(

Tjay
2008.11.19, 02:58 PM
I think the motor is not for sale yet... I'd like to try this motor on my 2wd mod as well.

CristianTabush
2008.11.19, 03:03 PM
More stuff is up on the article page. I now have a page dedicated to our cars and set-ups for the race. ck it out at the same link. www.reflexracing.net/pnwc08.asp

CristianTabush
2008.11.19, 03:18 PM
Not done yet though... Still have to upload official results and set-ups... LOTS OF WORK HERE. :)

ruf
2008.11.19, 03:37 PM
Great work on the cars page!

briankstan
2008.11.19, 04:27 PM
I think the motor is not for sale yet... I'd like to try this motor on my 2wd mod as well.

I emailed Phillip, the motor will be available next week :D

yasuji
2008.11.19, 04:29 PM
lol.... hey..... i dont see my car in that pic.....;)

ruf
2008.11.19, 04:57 PM
That's cuz no one else can drive your @#$% car... hahahha!

EMU
2008.11.19, 06:20 PM
My gearing was 52/10.

The setup sheets all look like they are Cristians RCX AWD.

ruf
2008.11.19, 06:23 PM
Patience. Those are just placeholders. :D

CristianTabush
2008.11.20, 01:29 AM
More info up on the site!!! Links to all the available videos, and Set-ups now online!!!

Really turning out to be a bad-ass scrap book of the race...

yasuji
2008.11.20, 01:41 AM
That's cuz no one else can drive your @#$% car... hahahha!

My pan car, phillip's pan car and chad's pan car all run identical set up. All I do is turn my end points down. ;)

CristianTabush
2008.11.20, 01:48 AM
More info up on the site!!! Links to all the available videos, and Set-ups now online!!!

Really turning out to be a bad-ass scrap book of the race...

EMU
2008.11.20, 01:56 AM
Patience. Those are just placeholders. :D

Thats what I was thinking Joe. Just wanted to let Cristian know if he had mislinked anything...

cyberdude
2008.11.20, 06:36 AM
TJ, i keep forgetting to ask you to drive your 4WD Mod car when I'm in the shop. Maybe today, i'll try driving it before you try it on your 2WD car? I'll be in the shop today in the PM.

Ton
2008.11.20, 11:08 AM
Great job Cristian and Joe,thanks you very much for the info.

Best regards from Spain.

Cherub1m
2008.11.20, 12:53 PM
more video upload on http://www.pnracing.com

Thanks crazyracer

I've been waiting for these:D

More stuff is up on the article page. I now have a page dedicated to our cars and set-ups for the race. ck it out at the same link. www.reflexracing.net/pnwc08.asp

Nice work Cristian, Jacob, Joe and whoever else was involved.:D

Tjay
2008.11.20, 01:12 PM
TJ, i keep forgetting to ask you to drive your 4WD Mod car when I'm in the shop. Maybe today, i'll try driving it before you try it on your 2WD car? I'll be in the shop today in the PM.

Perfect! Now you can break-in my front tires as well. :)

See you later! I hope I'll have your 2wd up and running when you get there.

minittrackmann
2008.11.20, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys. Very good information.

Cody

ruf
2008.11.24, 03:38 PM
We've got coverage in redrc! Sweet!

http://www.redrc.net/2008/11/pn-racing-mini-z-world-cup-finals/