PDA

View Full Version : Death Race Movie AutoScales?

marc
2008.08.24, 01:08 PM
Hello there. I dont' know if Kyosho, Aoshima, "Skynet" are still doing buisness together or what, but I think it would be sweet to get some AutoScale bodies of cars from this month's hot new movie, Death Race with Jason Statham. I'm fixing to see this today and will make a report.
What do you all think? Death Race AutoScales, yes or no?

Draconious
2008.08.24, 01:47 PM
If the Xmods were still around radio shack would probly have done it for those... Kyosho Aoshima tend to take too long to get liscensing, so its really only good for vintage products... so maybe they could do the cars from the original movie? lol...

Yep, this movie is a remake as well... but it apears to have been totaly changed since the first was almost a comedy, running over the nurses and doctors for more points instead of the patients.

marc
2008.08.24, 02:49 PM
Yea, I forgot about that. I just recently saw it on cabel a month or two back. I dont' remember what station it was on, I think AMC or something similar. It was pretty amusing and the car's were sooooo cartoony. This maybe a remake, but as lousy as the comical one was, I think it'll be much better. No chance on seeing it today, but maybe later in the week I will.
Xmods might do it as you said, but seems like after they released the Transformers models, they disapeared! I wonder if they stopped making theme completely, or if they are secretly working on more bodies. I hope so, cause while I think the Z's are ton's better, I still like the concept's behind the X's and it's nice to have a wide range of bodies in the same scale.

greekone
2008.08.26, 03:27 PM
There is a new line of Xmods coming out this Fall/Christmas.So far they consist of the new GTR,Corvette Z06, and 65 Mustang "Bullet".

marc
2008.08.26, 03:31 PM
Cool, I thought they died out. Maybe they will offer us some Death Race cars!
Has anybody seen the movie yet? I still haven't gone and wonder if it's worth seeing. The ad's look really good, but you know how ad's go. They usually show just the best part's of the film to get you excited about it.
Isn't that "Bullet" Mustang not that different from the one they already have? I'm not entirely familiar with the Bullet.

jude26
2008.08.26, 03:48 PM
There is a new line of Xmods coming out this Fall/Christmas.So far they consist of the new GTR,Corvette Z06, and 65 Mustang "Bullet".

Are we talking about the Steve McQueen's "Bullitt" Mustang or something else? :rolleyes:

marc
2008.08.26, 04:10 PM
I think so, but not sure

Draconious
2008.08.26, 04:20 PM
I thought Xmods were dead too, since they are only $15 in the stores...

marc
2008.08.26, 07:18 PM
Every time I go to Radio Shack, I can't find any Xmods, only tires, wheel's, and some times suspension parts. Almost seem's like a dieing breed.
But has anybody seen the movie yet? That's the real question.

HammerZ
2008.08.27, 12:19 AM
I have not seen the new one yet, as the cinema has not got it yet. And with gas prices I am not going all the way to Texarkana to see it. I have seen the classic Death Race 2000 many many times (on TCM, AMC, and my DVD copy), and laugh every single time I see it. The new one looks more like a Twisted Metal type video game adaptation to me. I feel the whole in prison angle was a cop out. Would still go to see the mindless CARnage though.

There was even a follow up to Death Race 2000 (1976) called Deathsport (1978). It also had David Carridine in it as well, it was a bomb though.

I would even like to see Death Race 2000 Autoscales.

marc
2008.08.27, 09:21 AM
Yep, would be cool. I had similar thought you did about that video game, it did have that appearance to it didn't it?
My Dad and I saw Journey to The Center in 3D, that was very cool in 3D, be cool if Death Race was offered in 3D but haven't seen it advertised that way.

HammerZ
2008.09.13, 06:56 PM
Well I finally got back from seeing it today. I was suprised it was a little better than the TV spots I seen. Death Race 2000 is still a classic movie to me anyway. Stallone's Machine Gun Joe, the way he hammed it up is priceless. This version needed the female racers badly.

We do get a small part when Case drives toward the end.

marc
2008.09.14, 09:38 AM
So it's worth seeing thene hey? Cool.

HammerZ
2008.09.14, 03:00 PM
If it is a $3 matinee like I got. I don't think a $6 ticket is worth it though.

marc
2008.09.14, 04:13 PM
So, it's a 3$ movie, but not a 6$ one huh? I guess that means you won't be getting a 30-50 dollar DVD? :)
Got a question, slightly off topic, sort of not. I'm in the middle of watching Mad Max on Encore tv, and I'm curious. What is the car that the black MaD Max Interceptor is based on? I'm thinking it's some sort of Dodge, but does anybody know? I have the AutoScale and am cuious what the real car is. Thank's!

Fovea3d
2008.09.14, 05:14 PM
What is the car that the black MaD Max Interceptor is based on? I'm thinking it's some sort of Dodge, but does anybody know? I have the AutoScale and am cuious what the real car is. Thank's!

Hi Marc, XB Falcon (http://www.aussiecoupes.com/xa-xb-xc.html)

marc
2008.09.14, 06:07 PM
Thank you!