PDA

View Full Version : iwaver chassis

koifish88
2008.08.25, 11:56 AM
hei everyone,
does iwaver sell the chassis only?
and can i use the transmitter from the firelap nanoracer2 to drive it?:)

MrUnlimited
2008.08.25, 04:26 PM
As far as I know they sell only RTR or you might build your own 02m chassis using the carbon and alloy parts and then order a 27am pcb board cause the 2008 version comes with a FM transmitter/receiver instead of AM.

koifish88
2008.08.25, 08:40 PM
hmm, about how much will building your own chassis cost?
and whats the performance difference between AM and FM transmitter/receiver?

fangel
2008.08.25, 08:55 PM
We currently only have RTR set available for sales. However MrUnlimited is correct, you could actually build the complete chassis from ground up, using original parts or Aluminum parts. However you would then also need to buy the electronics from us. iwaver 02M features FM radio system which provide a clean radio transmission.

koifish88
2008.08.25, 09:13 PM
oh, but it seems like building my own chassis from scratch would cost more than the rtr haha. so is AM transmitter inferior to FM?

marc
2008.09.15, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't necessairly say that koifish. As soon as you build your own chassis with the hop-up's, you dont' need anything else. But if you buy the RTR, you might want to add upgrades to it thus increasing your price. So I'd start off with hop-up parts, pick out your own electronics, and go from there. The electronics will be the most expensive part of the project, particularly if you want the good stuff.

Dudemeister
2008.09.17, 09:14 PM
hei everyone,
does iwaver sell the chassis only?
and can i use the transmitter from the firelap nanoracer2 to drive it?:)

If you are referring to the M02, you can buy the chassis from Miracle-Mart:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67_73&products_id=525

It's cheap and it works.

Dudemeister

boohoo
2008.09.21, 10:42 AM
if you buy that chassis you mite want to also buy the chassis for the mini-z mro2 as the front shock towers can brake quite easily as i found out the plastic`s don`t seem to be that good. nothing against iwaver