PDA

View Full Version : Iwaver pcb question

wight
2008.08.27, 06:56 PM
Hi all.
I have an iwaver pcb that I trying to use with a Kyosho KT5 transmitter.The pcb has 3 wires for the steering pot and has no steering trimmer (just incase this helps identifying the board).It all seems to work ok except that when the throttle is released it brakes,in either direction.If throttle is moved from forward to reverse it will freewheel as if in nuetral.Same going from reverse to forward.
Although it is driveable it is quite confusing.Basicly it freewheels when you want brakes,and brakes when you want it to freewheel or coast along.
Not really had much to do with iwaver cars or electronics so I do not know if this is usual or not.
Do you think it is supposed to work with a controller with more adjustments available than just throttle and steering trimmers?
I know a lot of iwaver cars come with TX's with screens and lots of functions and wonder if this is what I need?
I hope my description of this is not confusing.
Thanks for any help,Steve.

fangel
2008.08.27, 09:27 PM
Function wise, the braking doesn't seems normal. However I really couldn't identified the PCB you are referring to. I believe switching to a higher grade TX would not help, since you could only play with the ABS(or braking function) but I don't think you could switch this function into reverse. (I might be wrong).

wight
2008.08.28, 02:46 AM
Thank you Fangel,I hoped you would answer.It does seem strange that when you let go of the throttle it brakes straight away.
Does the ABS feature on the iwaver tramsmitters only apply to reverse throttle position,or can it be tuned to be applied when throttle is released?

wight
2008.08.28, 01:49 PM
If it's any help the board has LS-1w02v1 printed on it.
It appears that as soon as power is applied to the board the brakes are engaged,even without a signal from the tx.
Beginning to think I have a malfunctioning pcb,it was unused,sealed in it's packet,so it's been constructed like this.
Drove it today on a slippery floor,as soon as the throttle is released,the car spins.Control is very tricky.
I would imagine on a grippy surface it would roll over quite easily when throttle is released.
Tried trimming it out on the tx but this is no good.Adjust the trimmer too far off centre either way and it has no throttle response at all.Adjust it just enough so it creeps forward and it loses reverse.
It's a shame becuase otherwise control seems really good and smooth.

fangel
2008.08.28, 10:05 PM
Well, I don't know my PCB enought to tell you what version of the PCB it is.
However I think you do have a malfunctioning PCB.
First of all, this might be a very old "iwaver" PCB or this might be a "Firelap" PCB.
I personally do not know any method of fixing this, since I think it might have something to do with the programme in the PCB.

Dudemeister
2008.09.17, 10:03 PM
Thank you Fangel,I hoped you would answer.It does seem strange that when you let go of the throttle it brakes straight away.
Does the ABS feature on the iwaver tramsmitters only apply to reverse throttle position,or can it be tuned to be applied when throttle is released?
HI there,

I'm new to this forum, but I came across it when searching for the same problem you have.

I purchased 3 iWaver 02 chassis from Miracle-Mart, and all 3 do exactly the same thing as your. When you release the throttle, they break, and when you apply brake (trigger forward) the free-wheel. :(

I use a Ko Propo EX10 Helios and I tried every setting I could think of and no luck. I also tried a KT-2 and a KT-5 as well as a friend's new Ko Mars 2 and the behavior is the same. So getting a different (better) controller will not help.

Another thing that found that was weird, is that if you install an aftermarket motor (like the Atomic Stock BB), the motor runs in reverse. Out of curiosity I tried a standard Mini-Z motor I took out of a M02 and it too runs in reverse. The fix is simple enough, you either have to reverse the throttle in the TX or simply switch the wires (Black to + and Red to -).

I do like the iWaver simply because it's cheap and if you are planning on replacing standard parts with hop-ups it's a better deal than Kyosho, since you start with a $25 chassis instead of $100, so you can use the difference for upgrades.

So like you, I'm looking for some answers. I hope someone has some answers.

Dudemeister

Dudemeister
2008.10.04, 06:52 PM
I just received a Firelap Nanoracer 2.0 set, and i was hoping that the iWaver chassis I previously bought would work correctly with the iWaver/Firelap transmitter.

Unfortunately they have the same identical problem as with the other transmitters, the brake is always on. The new chassis that came bundled with the controller works correctly, both with the iWaver TX (which is made by Inopo), and with the KO and Kyosho Perfex.

I then removed the cover of the new chassis to see if the PCB is different from the other PCBs, and it's the same: LS-IW02V1.

So either there's something electronically wrong with those 2, or their ESCs were programmed differently. So now the questions is, is there a way to reprogram them.

A lot of full size ESCs (like the ones on a 1/10 scale or a helicopter) can be easily programmed using the TX. What about these?

Anyone ?!?!