PDA

View Full Version : What Are The Best FET'S On The Market???

MiamizFinest
2008.09.01, 06:33 PM
Well the title says it all, im trying to get find out whats the best FET'S i cant get for speed, i got a guy that stacks them PERFECT and i got a LHS with a huge track where the motros can really open up i dont wanna do anything over a tripple stack you guys got any insite??? also whats the fastest reving highest reving motor out right now???

bcpzx3
2008.09.01, 08:28 PM
If your going to be going with a mod motor, double stack fets is fine.

EMU
2008.09.01, 09:41 PM
http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=FDS8858&cat=31
Fairchild 8858 2x2 should be enough to handle most mod motors. As far as the motor, it really depends on the feel that you want from a motor. Im not a big power guy, I like smooth motors.

From what I hear, the NML motors are very good. Handwound motors are better than machine wound... I personally like the Atomic Z2. I dont like the Anima II. My favorite motor is an X-Speed armature in an Atomic BB can with neo magnets. It has enough torque, but rolls very well off throttle.

Here is some data about motors, that may help you make your decision. http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27939 I think the Saber would be a good choice as well, judging by the curves. Atomic AD and Stock-R look good too.

dvsstrike
2008.09.03, 08:28 PM
i use the sp8m4 from morotech. they say they are 9 amp fets

LBRC
2008.09.04, 01:36 AM
The Rohm SP8M4’s are nice but unfortunately even though their N-channel is indeed rated at a massive 9 amps the P-channel is the weak link being rated at 7 amps, still impressive but that makes them 7 amp FETs not 9 the P-channel will fry first even if the N-channel was rated at 900 amps.

As a comparison the 8858’s N-channel is only rated at 8.4 amps but the P is rated at 7.3 so it edge out the SP8M4’s in the spec current handling game.

Either one would be a good choice for a 2x2, the only practical difference is availability and how the throttle response feels since they do feel slightly different but that’s a matter of personal preference.

For motors I’m another Z2 fan, but for serious top end on long straights these days I go with a high geared Stock R, like the Z2 it’s a very versatile motor.

Felix2010
2008.09.04, 08:49 PM
LBRC - You have posted a lot of good data on FETs and if you could I'd like to hear what you have to say regarding the "feel" and "throttle response" of the 8858's compared to the SP8M4's. And which FET you personally prefer:DThanks

infanterene
2008.09.04, 09:04 PM
Goerge has the anima and it flys 39 klm. Its way to much for our track because the straight away is not really that long.

MiamizFinest
2008.09.04, 09:35 PM
Goerge has the anima and it flys 39 klm. Its way to much for our track because the straight away is not really that long.

Yea i know im geting 37KLH on one car and 34KLH on the other one tripple stacked and the other double stacked,both are running old worn out motors one 3 year old S03 and the other a pretty much shot Speedy 07 but since im planning on geting the new austin martin miniz once it hits the market im just looking to see if anything new hit the market, i know at our track we arent geting full speed since the str8 isnt even long enough but i do love the snap off the line and that instant burst off power feel

Btw the motors im planning on geting is the AD motors for all my cars, one of the local guys racing (maxy) dropped one in at double stacked and that way that thing takes off is scary , and the motor has a serously smooth roll out when let off throttle gotta love it

Renee next week imm be at the shop racing miniz this week ive taken a small break from anyting RC to hang out with my GF since its her first week off in a long time my 350Z is dialed in but the mclaren still need some minor work see you at the races!