PDA

View Full Version : motor for 2.4

mikey
2008.09.08, 08:58 AM
so i just received my 2.4 mazda, and i have an Atomic AD stock motor lying around thats not being used.

is this motor safe to use on the 2.4 board?

is it better than the stock motor?

yasuji
2008.09.08, 10:39 AM
so i just received my 2.4 mazda, and i have an Atomic AD stock motor lying around thats not being used.

yes and yes;)

cazcade
2008.09.10, 03:10 AM

Well I would have to say yes and maybe!

The stock motor with carbon brushes is about as fast but is more even and has more torque. At least for me :)

CristianTabush
2008.09.10, 01:26 PM
I don't know what kind of stock motor you are talking about, but the Atomic AD motor is one of the fastest motors readily available in the market. MUCH faster than any Kyosho stock motor with any kind of brushes. Even if they were plutonium... ;)

The atomic motor has many winds less (i believe 42 v. 70) and a much better cooling can, that is also ball raced. There is simply no comparison.

Now, if the case is the Atomic stock motor, that is a different story. The AD is still a bit faster and IMO smoother power band. The Atomic Stock motor is a torque monster, has a lot of brake and can be geared to the moon. The AD is probably a better candidate for a larger track, and the Atomic Motor is a better candidate for a short track.

I still prefer less torquey motors in my 2wd's...