PDA

View Full Version : Saturday practice

russp
2008.09.15, 04:10 PM
Ok, I'm available at 2 p.m. this Saturday if anyone wants to come over for a while.

hpgod
2008.09.16, 09:12 AM
Ok, I'm available at 2 p.m. this Saturday if anyone wants to come over for a while.

I will stop by. I will most likely be there for 1 run at most as I need get to my inlaws in the afternoon and change the battery in their SUV. I am headed to charlotte for the 1/8 offroad world chanpionship saterday evening. My former RC passion.

pinoyboy
2008.09.16, 01:46 PM
I'll be in the area, but not sure if I'll be able to make it. :(

Off topic, does anyone have a computer monitor they're willing to sell? If so, that should give me a reason to come by and practice a little bit:D

russp
2008.09.16, 01:58 PM
I'll be in the area, but not sure if I'll be able to make it. :(

Off topic, does anyone have a computer monitor they're willing to sell? If so, that should give me a reason to come by and practice a little bit:D

Wish I'd know as I got rid of a 17" one a short while ago (ie: gave it away). You probably want a better one than that though. I recommend watching Fry's ads for a good deal on a basic LCD. I bought a no-name 19" from them a short while ago for about $100 for the kids computer that looks quite excellent. I'm surprised at the quality.

pinoyboy
2008.09.16, 02:02 PM
Wish I'd know as I got rid of a 17" one a short while ago (ie: gave it away). You probably want a better one than that though. I recommend watching Fry's ads for a good deal on a basic LCD. I bought a no-name 19" from them a short while ago for about $100 for the kids computer that looks quite excellent. I'm surprised at the quality.

That would have been sweet, oh well. That sounds like a very good deal on that 19" you bought. I was planning on buying a used one from a guy for $120, but now I guess I won't considering the deal you had. Anyways, thanks for reminding me about fry's:D

hpgod
2008.09.16, 03:49 PM
hank if you need one cheap and quick, goodwill has them from folks like me who give them away. I use my 42 inch HD tv as the monitor. I never used the monitor again and gave it away.

AtlRC
2008.09.24, 11:47 PM
That would have been sweet, oh well. That sounds like a very good deal on that 19" you bought. I was planning on buying a used one from a guy for $120, but now I guess I won't considering the deal you had. Anyways, thanks for reminding me about fry's:D

Hey Hank,

Did you buy a monitor? If not, I may have one that I may consider for trade on some Mini-Z stuff. Let me know if you're still looking and are interested, and I'll check with my wife to see if we want really want to get rid of this monitor. It's a very nice Sony 19" LCD. LMK.

-Patrick