PDA

View Full Version : HFAY using RCP Mini-96 track with expansion kit

eztuner12
2008.09.27, 01:13 AM
If a HFAY using RCP Mini-96 track with expansion kit is establish, would you participate?

Only those that poses a Mini-96 track or are planning to purchase one can vote on this poll. Please be honest and fair, consider others that complies with this requirement.

The conditions/rules of the events would be made thu your comments and sugestions. I will add an outlaw group in which any mini class could participate at once; including 2WD, AWD and pan chassis as Sinister, Inzane P28, and MACG, as well as, adding a class for novices.
Depending on the outcome of this poll, I am willing to initiate these events. All comments and suggestions are welcome as long they would collaborate and contribute with the events in order to make it first-rate.
The main idea of creating this event is to make worth our personal investment in RCP Mini-96 other than measure our driving skills and machine performance, and of course HAVE FUN.
Maybe prizes to the season winner can be arrange, any ideas?
Cheers

Cherub1m
2008.09.27, 09:18 AM
Sounds good voted for it:D.

eztuner12
2008.09.28, 05:32 PM
Thx Cherub1m;)

eztuner12
2008.09.29, 05:36 PM
The voting is looking good!!;)

TheRinger
2008.09.29, 09:19 PM
Its a good idea but U R not going 2 get the speed so it would be pointless 2 have an outlaw class. Plus there would be alot more wrecks, slower times, and more congestion though a mini 96 with expansion is not much smaller than 2 wide L's the lanes R more narrow and turns more tight. If there was a dnano class 4 HFAY a mini 96 set up would be fun but 4 people like me who used 2 have a mini 96 with expansion pack and upgraded to 2 wide L's would feel like this would be going backwards 2 have 2 get another mini 96 again, or atleast this is how I feel. I'm not trying 2 be mean about it, just throwing in my 2 cents. I like the HFAY the way it is. If anything I like 2 see an outlaw class added 2 HFAY.

eztuner12
2008.09.29, 10:00 PM
Hi TheRinger
Please go to, Can the AWD be HFAY competitive? Tread page 3 and read the different opinion about the mini-96 with expansion kit and the wide track measurements I guess your opinion will change after reading it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m Hi briankstanWanted to clear up someting. The Wide L and other standard rcp track have a 33" lane width and the mini 96 has a 18.5" lane width, with the mini 96 expansion kit, the lane width of the mini 96 goes up by only 12 inches making it 30.5 inches and 2.5 inches shorter than the standard RCP track. I dont know if that will make a difference in your decision regarding allowing mini 96 users with mini 96 expansion kits to participate in HFAY competition. But your decision yeah or nay is understandable.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=316445#post316445

I personally have set-up one of my mini-96 with expansion as some of the HFAY tracks layout and had made 2 and 3 laps over the guy on the first place at the HFAY events, using my hand woven 35T with silver com, silver brushed, neo-mag motor, as well as, with my PN 37T silver brushes and neo-mag, both on AM 2X3 4562 staked and Helios Tx.
At HFAY you don’t use two wide tracks to increase the overall width of the layout, but to have more layout options. I guess you are really confused here, and about the width difference between a Min-96 with expansion kit is only 2.5 inches more narrow than the wide RCP track.
If you made your vote based on the wrong info you had, I guess it have been an unfair vote affecting others participating in the poll, I am only very sorry about it. Hope next time you participate in a poll you do a little investigation before voting.
Cheers

TheRinger
2008.09.30, 12:20 AM
Hi TheRinger
Please go to, Can the AWD be HFAY competitive? Tread page 3 and read the different opinion about the mini-96 with expansion kit and the wide track measurements I guess your opinion will change after reading it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherub1m Hi briankstanWanted to clear up someting. The Wide L and other standard rcp track have a 33" lane width and the mini 96 has a 18.5" lane width, with the mini 96 expansion kit, the lane width of the mini 96 goes up by only 12 inches making it 30.5 inches and 2.5 inches shorter than the standard RCP track. I dont know if that will make a difference in your decision regarding allowing mini 96 users with mini 96 expansion kits to participate in HFAY competition. But your decision yeah or nay is understandable.

http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=316445#post316445

I personally have set-up one of my mini-96 with expansion as some of the HFAY tracks layout and had made 2 and 3 laps over the guy on the first place at the HFAY events, using my hand woven 35T with silver com, silver brushed, neo-mag motor, as well as, with my PN 37T silver brushes and neo-mag, both on AM 2X3 4562 staked and Helios Tx.
At HFAY you don’t use two wide tracks to increase the overall width of the layout, but to have more layout options. I guess you are really confused here, and about the width difference between a Min-96 with expansion kit is only 2.5 inches more narrow than the wide RCP track.
If you made your vote based on the wrong info you had, I guess it have been an unfair vote affecting others participating in the poll, I am only very sorry about it. Hope next time you participate in a poll you do a little investigation before voting.
Cheers

OK, let me get this straight. U R saying that U are 2 and 3 laps faster than the guy who is currently in first place in HFAY using 2x3 4562 fet stack and a 35 and 37 turn motor. Well I think U proved my point, because the guy who is leading in the HFAY is using the HFAY season 6 motor WHICH IS A 70 TURN MOTOR AND PROBABLY USING A STOCK 2.4 ASF BOARD! Of coarse U will be faster because U have a faster car. U should also know if U read the HFAY rules that your car IS NOT LEGAL 4 HFAY! AND ALL U HAVE 2 DO 2 MAKE IT LEGAL IS USE THE HFAY SEASON 6 OR STOCK KYOSHO MOTOR! I read the thread U told me 2 read and someone proved a point about the mini 96 tiles are SHORTER than wide L tiles therefore U can't get the proper length it will be too short though by little but could also result in a faster time. And the HFAY DIRECTOR HIMSELF proved a point that mini 96 doesn't have bump stops which is a big deal. So why don't U try reading the HFAY rules sometime U might learn something. And I know that using 2 wide L's doesn't increase overall width and has more layout options, U know it, I know it, DOGS KNOW IT! It has 2 do with the OVERALL SIZE OF THE TRACK! THE MINI 96 WITH EXPANSION IS STILL SMALLER IF U ARE BUILDING AN HFAY TRACK! So before U go misleading people with a false poll, why don't U set up a proper HFAY track using 2 wide L's take measurements, do a HFAY 8 minute race with a HFAY LEGAL car, then set up your "mini 96 with expansion pack" to the same HFAY track, take some measurements of that set up and race a 8 minute HFAY race and THEN post your results and let people see them rather then U downing me saying I'm wrong. And why would I go looking 4 the difference between a mini 96 and wide L's on a AWD THREAD!? Why don't U start posting on the right thread instead of telling me 2 go look at a thread that should have nothing 2 do with tracks size and set up. All I did was post my opinion like people commonly do on forums about what I thought of the question in the poll and U took it personally. Like I stated in my post I didn't mean any harm. I could be wrong but nothing U said proves anything, its just words. So why don't U GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE U SAY I'M MISLEADING PEOPLE! Sounds like the one who is misleading is U!

eztuner12
2008.09.30, 12:43 AM
WOW man you are not only way out of control, but out of context as well.
Nonsense man.
Cheers;)

imxlr8ed
2008.09.30, 12:57 PM
Let's not argue guys...

Little plastic cars... ;)

I'm all for HFAY participation in any form possible, but it's going to take alot of effort to generate a whole new series based on the Mini96 aside of our already, well-established WideL series.

There is currently no way to make the Mini96 the exact dimensions of our current layouts, so even creating a reasonable facsimile of a 2 WideL layout will not generate the same fair for all results. The whole series is based on the 2 WideL and has been since it's inception... it's one of the biggest reasons that these events are even possible!

If Brian is up for opening up a separate series, then more power to him!

I won't vote on this issue, but I figured I should voice an opinion here. Hopefully you'll at least generate a good participation list for clubs with these tracks... the Mini96 can be alot of fun to drive due to all of the crazy combinations you can make, so I'm sure there would be some funky layouts for sure! :D

eztuner12
2008.09.30, 02:18 PM
Hi imxlr8ed and welcome to this poll.;)
Thx so much for you support thru your comment.
Taking the opportunity here, I like to clear out, that da intention to create a HFAY with mini-96 and expansion kit, in no way is trying to compete against the great and well established ongoing HFAY with wide tracks, as a mater of fact If this 96 HFAY gets going, It world definitely be on different dates than on the Wide track HFAY and it does not have to be in a club track, it can be from your home track, no judge needed as well, I will trust the HONESTY of the participants in the events. What motivate me to come up with this M96XHFAY (Mini-96 expansion how fast are you) is to give the opportunity to those fans that have a Mini-96 track or are planning to buy one. Many fans of this great hobby don’t have the space at home for a wide track, as well as, the $ to afford 2 wide tracks, I think this will be a good opportunity to compete with others under the same perspective form the comfort of your home and using what you have available without mayor investments. As you can read, I propose and motivate others, to come up with their ideas and positive contribution to make this a reality, with the main purpose to be fair in all ways, measure-up our driving skills, as well as, test against others the performance of our machines, and certainly have a lot of fun.
About arguing. Iam a civilized and intelligent person, very well educated at home, by my parents and thru university graduate studies, In my business for more than 30 years I have learn to deal with all kinds of characters some dim-witted some very bright persons. If for some reason be affected by some one, I can certainly control myself, a characteristic that had lead me to great success and to have many good friends indeed.
Again, thax so much for your concerns and great collaboration thru your comments.
BTW haven’t you made the A-main 1st place in a race yet?? I see you keep hearting your self, he, he.:D
CHEERS….:):):D
PS. Iam s true believer of Representative Democracy, another reason for this poll

Hood
2008.09.30, 03:30 PM
I think we all know the difference in track size. I think the real question is can you get enough support to run another event?

I believe the Time Trials and the OLPS only came about as they got enough clubs that were willing to participate. As it is, nobody really participates in the Time Trials any longer. I don't exactly think 5-4 in the voting looks good for the participation.

Maybe you should try to do some Time Trials first. See if anyone else participates in that.. Getting someone to vote on here is not the same as geting them to setting up a monthly event, purchase a timing system, and scheduling for multiple racers..

I already hear from the larger clubs that they don't want to run the HFAY small tracks, so some of them don't participate. I certainly don't want to go smaller in tracksize.

I see this as competition to our current HFAY OLPS..

I saw the Ringer's point, as you dismissed his opinion on the matter.. He obviously doesn't know the facts! He is only a top runner in HFAY, he probably doesn't know anything about this type of racing.. :}

eztuner12
2008.09.30, 03:58 PM
Hi Hood welcome to this poll
Good points!
As I wrote earlier, this mini-96 with expansion HFAY events will be for those fans that all ready poses a mini-96 and expansion kit or are in the way to buy one do to space limitation at home or budget reasons. No club needed, you can set up the track layout at your home. About timing system, a buddy of yours with a basic hand watch with chronograph or a sports chronograph can time and count the laps. As I say before “honesty and responsibility” been fair to others are the basic rules here.
I guess nothing will be lost trying to accomplish this thru a poll.
Again thx for visiting this poll and express your concerns;).
Cheers

eztuner12
2008.09.30, 04:50 PM
With the comments raised from the participants in this poll I can start posting rules for the M96XHFAY events.

1. No club needed, you can participate from your home track.
2. At one track as many participants as you consider can run at once, I recommend no more than 3 (three) and minimum participant per-track 1 (one).
3. No judge required. We all have to be honest, responsible and fair to others.
4. Any time control system, including a buddy of yours with a basic hand watch with chronograph or a sports chronograph can do
5. You can do your race any time during the appointed date, at morning, afternoon or night, until 12:00PM
6. Submission of individual race results can be done with in the first 48hrs from the end of the appointed race day Race will end at 12:00 PM of the appointed date. Submissions will be thru interned to a designate e-address.
7. Only mini-96 tracks with expansion kits are allowed.

As more comments and suggestion are in, other rules will be established
Any comments as well as suggestion are very welcome.
Regarding participant groups, I recommend:
· Stock MR-02.
· Stock MA-010 AWD.
· Stock MR-02 Novice.
· Stock MA-010 AWD Novice.
· Modified MR-02
· Modified MA-010AWD
· Open-Outlaw.(Any modified mini-z or pan as Sinister, InzaneP28 and MRCG).

I will like to clear up again, that this proposed event does not have to see in nothing with the already established ongoing HFAY events. These events will be for fans that have a Mini-96 with expansion kit or are planning to buy one.
Thx
Cheers

briankstan
2008.09.30, 05:58 PM
eztuner12, good luck with this.

at one time I did have mini-96 time trials as part of HFAY, I designed several tracks and had it established as a Stock, F1, and Open class. I decided to give it a shot as a few people had asked about it. after posting up the tracks and the few times I had received (1 or 2 times) and only on 1 track. When we redesigned the website I didn't see a need to carry it over as I hadn't even received a time in over a year.

I hope you have better luck in your Mini-96 adventure. :)

just to clear things up, one doesn't need to belong to a club or even establish one to participate in HFAY all one needs is 2 wide L tracks, a timing system capable of tracking 2 cars, and couple of buddies, a wife and kids, or anyone that wants to race. So essentially a group of 3 could run without a problem. We tried to keep it simple so that even the smallest of clubs or individuals could participate without it costing a fortune. BTW, the mini-96 and a mini expansion cost only $99 less then 2 wide L's so it's not that big of a difference.

eztuner12
2008.09.30, 07:01 PM
Hi Briankistan and welcome to this poll
Definitely you words have great value and certainly experience is not stupid.
I have plenty of space in my both homes here in DR, as well as, Miami FL and $99 is not a issue to me, I poses a Gyro-z lap system with bridge for about two years, still in its box never opened brand new. At once I planned with a pal to open a hobby shop in Miami but my personal/family business had to be attended in order to expand worldwide, very time consuming and tuff work, so this hobby shop never came to reality, maybe in the future when the economy stables back I will then open this hobby shop, as a hobby.
I have seen a few photos of fans with Mini-96 tracks here in this forum and others, as well of many concerns about budget issues, I my self have a couple of this 96 tracks and couple of expansion kits and thought way not establish a HFAY with mini-96??? So that’s way I came up with this poll. If at the end the outcome is not good, there will be absolutely no lost for me, just the little time invested and the fun while doing it.
I do have my little HFAY here; I do participate in the HFAY event with my laser time control that takes up to 150 laps, I use different modified motors as stock are too slow, and go against my time, as well as, the HFAY laps amount. I occasionally setup my two mini-96 along with two expansion kits, invite friends over and have a blast, this we do for money, and winner can win up to U $1000 since the entry for the main event is $100 per piece. Very interesting and fun, I forget the beers and drinks, wife’s are welcome as well, “this is mandatory”:eek:
But this is not the them here, it is about those that have or are planning to buy a Mini-96, cant afford a lap system and want to measure their driving skills, machine performance and fun to those that applies to what I have noted before
About rules, the have to be some rules, time and lap control a buddy is a-ok judge your own.
Thx for the luck whishing, I guess I need it to accomplish this goal.
Hey man your comments are always welcome here:), while it lasts.
Again thx;)
Cheers

TheRinger
2008.09.30, 09:12 PM
I'm not here 2 start anymore trouble, just 2 apoligize 4 my actions. Now that U made it more clear I understand what U R trying 2 say. I now personally like the idea and wish I could change my vote even though it doesn't count. I have nothing againest a mini 96 with expansion, just the one that I had I got used 4 200 dollars and the rails were not as high as my buddies mini 96. So when I drove 2 close 2 the rails or drive at them the car would fly off the track and of coarse break a few parts especially with my F-1. The cost 2 replace the rails was more than a new mini 96 with expansion pack and radioshack was selling off there remaining tracks dirt cheap so I got 2 wide L's 4 290 dollars and traded off my old track 2 a friend who was trying 2 open his own hobby shop and wanted 2 get into mini z racing. I know this is probably more info than anyone cares 2 know and will want me kicked of the forums or bust on me more so once once again I am sorry 4 causing trouble. I really think this idea has got a chance.

eztuner12
2008.09.30, 09:43 PM
Welcome back The Rings
Apologies accepted, no harm done just words. About your vote, no problem, those that will read you latest note, this one I am replying to, will know that you wanted to reveres it if possible, plus in my record I will change it as a positive vote, at the end the results would be for my information and considerations.
Some long and good friendships relations have started after a squabble. I hope this will be the case; you have a new friend here:).
By the way, you can help by promoting this new M96HFAY to some of your pals that have a mini-96 and a limited budget and want to have fun thru participating and measuring their skills and lean racing machines performance.
I am starting to think I posted this poll in the wrong place, it is to hidden, but nothing can be done now.
Cheers man and welcome any time;)

eztuner12
2008.10.01, 12:43 PM
Any ideas regarding prizes? Maybe some shop can be interested in offering discount coupons, this certainly would incentive their well needed sales:eek:. lets say; 5% 3rd place, 10% 2nd and 15% 1st place. Just an idea.;)
Cheers

eztuner12
2008.10.02, 09:46 AM
Ok we got some prizes for the winner plus promotional support…
This note came from John Shanklin Operations Manager AtomicMods:D

Richard,
Thanks for the well wishes.

Although we haven't participated, I've always been a fan of the HFAY concept. In my opinion, the "World Cup" formats are not marketed adequately, only because it makes no sense economically with virtually no ROI. So the HFAY proceeds to fill that niche for organized competition.

So it sounds like you are really on to something. The Mini-96 is by far our best selling track in RCP's product line, so I feel very confident that the market for a series like this is definitely there. I'll be glad to help you market it once you get the particulars. Off the top of my head, we can add a link on the Mini-96 product page and on the Local Racing Club page. I also like the idea of contributing prizes. I think we should do a solid gift certificate instead of percentage discount, but I'm open to either. Keep me posted...

Thanks, John ShanklinOperations Manager

So go ahead with your vote at the poll. If you are having difficulties to find this poll, please let me know thru this thread so I can start a new poll easier to reach
Cheers to all;)

eztuner12
2008.10.02, 11:52 AM
Hello Briankstan
As some one suggested to Link this poll to a more accessible thread. Can you orient me in how to do so?, I have never before done this and not very good with computers. Don’t want to mess things up.
Certainly will be very thankful for your help;).
Cheers

briankstan
2008.10.02, 12:02 PM
Hello Briankstan
As some one suggested to Link this poll to a more accessible thread. Can you orient me in how to do so?, I have never before done this and not very good with computers. Don’t want to mess things up.
Certainly will be very thankful for your help;).
Cheers

just post the url address in the other threads, this way they can click on them and come here to read what you are proposing. also you won't have to duplicate the same post in multiple locations.

all thread are equally accessible, and most people will use the "New Posts" link that shows them the new posts in the entire forum. so nothing is really more visible than anything else. :)

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29660

eztuner12
2008.10.02, 12:52 PM
Thx so much briankstan for the HELP.:)
Have done it, it was very simple exercise, and the forum didn’t bite me back!!:D
Again thxxxxx…
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2008.10.02, 08:15 PM
I will like to ask from those fans that are voting positive (YES) to let me know in which of the proposed categories you are willing to participate:
· Stock MR-02
· Stock MA-010 AWD
· Stock MR-02 Novice
· Stock MA-010 AWD Novice
· Modified MR-02
· Modified MA-010AWD
. Open-Outlaw (Any modified mini-z or pan as Sinister, InzaneP28 and MR-CG)

THANK YOU for your positive vote and great contribution, as well as, soppurt to the growth of the mini 1.28 scale;)
Cheers

PridgeoK
2008.10.02, 08:40 PM
I'll bite: I'm one of those rare guys who bought the mini-96 and expansion, then a lapcounter a while after. I love the flexibility the small track has. The mini-96 fits my small backyard patio to a tee (8x12) which is why I made the original purchase, and the expansions let me set up in my carport for larger, more interesting layouts. So for sure - I'd be in to trying this.

That said, I've been kicking around the idea of getting a pair of wide-L's for a while now and trying to get into the HFAY things as well - I'd likely want to do both if I had both sets of track. My main stumbling block, besides spending more of my limitted cash on track, is weather - the tracks I set up are outdoors, and here in Vancouver it rains... fairly often (to say it conservatively). I'd want to be able to run the layouts when I can - I may not be able to do it on a particular day of the month.

What I'd really like to see, besides the standard layouts you'd use, would be a forum-based brew-your-own, where anyone could post their own layout using standard RCP sets - be it mini-96, wide-L's, combo tracks, with or without expansion sets including the chicanes, sweeps, etc. People could then decide whether they want to run your layout if they have the peices to do it and post their times they've run on it. Clubs could try other clubs larger tracks, folks at home could try other smaller scale tracks...

I know this could probably be done here in the forums just by posting your own images & such, but it'd be nice to have a custom website specifically for this type of thing with a good layout and an easy form for up'ing your data. A good blogging package might be able to be customized for this...

Not sure if that would work, but there you have it...

I agree with imxlr8ed though... it might be difficult to get a good buy-in for this mini-96 concet since the original HFAY is so established. I'd personally like to see it work out though!

Kevin.

PridgeoK
2008.10.02, 08:45 PM
I will like to ask from those fans that are voting positive (YES) to let me know in which of the proposed categories you are willing to participate:
· Stock MR-02
· Stock MA-010 AWD
· Stock MR-02 Novice
· Stock MA-010 AWD Novice
· Modified MR-02
· Modified MA-010AWD
. Open-Outlaw (Any modified mini-z or pan as Sinister, InzaneP28 and MR-CG)

THANK YOU for your positive vote and great contribution, as well as, soppurt to the growth of the mini 1.28 scale;)
Cheers

I'd likely be doing the stock MR-02, at least initially, and would want you to put the F1 in there. My kids might get in and play as well, albeit infrequently.

Cheers,

Kevin.

eztuner12
2008.10.02, 11:31 PM
Good comment and suggestions Kevin.
The great advantage of the RCP Mini-96 track ($199.99), is that you can set it up practically in any place in your home/Apt, If you have the extra space and want to go wider, here is were the expansion kit ($101.99) comes in, plus the array of layout design you can achieve. To accomplish all this different layouts with a Wide L track ($200) you will need two Wide L tracks, and add $200 extra, in addition you will need a bit bigger space.:eek:
About the track layout, I will leave this to the participant. What I have in mind, is to request from the participant of each group to present their favorite layout and put it up for a contest thru a poll, so that every one have the chance to decide democratly, my second option will be to design 6 to 8 deferent layouts, and let the participants to be the judge. Either ways you the participant will make the final choose.
Abut integrating: chicanes, 45 degree, large radius turns, it is possible, considering, of course, the accessible budgets of the participants, somewhat of top priority to have in consideration. About combining layouts with expansion in some areas of the track and other areas without expansion is a good idea, one of my personal favorites, and it could be made too. Again you will decide in which layout you want to race, even if the majority of one specific category want to race in a simple Mini-96 with no expansion is probable, at the end the votes thru a poll will decide.
Regarding a www.com for the M-96XHFAY (Mini-96 with expansion How Fast Are You) events, it is totally with in the plans.
Tell your kid, not to worry, on my next post with additional rules if suggestions arrive and more categories suggestion as well, I will include F-I class, so he can go right ahead and make their votes, you don’t have to be 18 to be able to vote here. As a mater of fact, a local friend asked me about F-1 and MR-015 too. I am thinking that to have a specific category in a race event, we should have at least 5 to 6 entrees per category to make it achievable. I intend to give prizes to the three first places of each group; here is where the sponsor pitches in with their great support and contributions as our 1st sponsor AtomicMods. The sponsors have a very important word in this aspect. What do you think?
All what I have say here, as well as, if these event would be accomplished, really depends on the amount of (YES) votes in this poll, so contact your friends, and motivate them to pitch in.;)
Kevin, thx you for your suggestions, contribution and support to make this event a reality, as well as, for the growth of the mini-1.28 class.
Cheers

WeBoC
2008.10.03, 06:56 AM
I voted YES.
Because in our club (in Belgium) we drive on 2 mini-96 + 2 expantion packs and some more RCP add-ons.
When we started whit RCP we were not able to go for the bigger 50cm one.

We have already had wanted to have a go at HFAY but the track restriction didn't allow us to do that.
I think that once this get started up we will give this a try.
We'll just have to see in what category our cars will fit.
I think that the other regulars at the club will join to (they are not all on the forum here).

eztuner12
2008.10.03, 11:19 AM
WeBoC, very welcome to this poll
First I have to say that Iam a fan of your Country I have been all@ it, Quemen, Bruges, Mons, Tourne, Brussels and so on… Love the food specially Moules and a fan of the Galette du roi, Waffles, popcorn with sugar at the movie theater etc. About beers? Best of the world specially Duvell, mois oui bien sure!!!, oh yeah!!!
Thx for your positive vote and great contribution to this idea.
Please induce your friend to register at this great forum Mini-ZRacer, top notch to discus all about Mini-z and learn from others fans, plus make new friends from @ the world this way they can make their votes and post in which group they like to participate.
Thx again for you YES vote
Cheers
PS Great 1/8 fuel on road driver, as well as, grand track at Belgium, slot car racing too.

Tjay
2008.10.04, 10:52 PM
would this seperate 2L wides HFAY from mini-96 HFAY? If so, then it should be fine.

Richard: I saw on one of the post that you plan on having some type of "world cup"? This would be a great event. For the world event, race should be on a regular size track since mini-96 is too tight to have 6-8 cars. I think it would be better than atomics or pn's world cup since this event you can use any manuf on your car.

good luck!

eztuner12
2008.10.05, 12:30 AM
Hi Tj, welcome to this poll.
Yes it would be a separate event from the ongoing WideL HFAY events, if that’s your question.
About the WC. Since these M-96XHFAY would be as the real F-1 championship, a certain number of individual races with three winners for each race per group plus accumulative point to each place from the 6th place to the 1st place. At the last race of the championship, the racer that has accumulate the most point would become the M-96XHFAY World Champ, this is the start idea, but well open to suggestions from the participant before the championship begins.

On the other hand I was thinking of coming up with a Mini-1/28 World Championship event at Miami FL.:eek:. base on a 3 days event, with one (1) organized practice day, one qualifying day for three (3) 5min qualifications per group per class to determinate each group/class racers positions, and on the last day, all groups/class 8min final races. Certainly the winners for each A-Main class (Stock-TWD/Stock-AWD, Modified-TWD/Modified-AWD, Open-Modified) would become the 1/28 scale World Champions. This is a rough idea. But undoubtedly in mind.:)

At this point, I am focusing on the M-96XHFAY championship; first the poll to accomplish it, plus find sponsors for the prizes, I really want to present prizes to each race winners, as well as a grand prize for the championship points winners, later to be sure it will be a success and well-organized event, so that it will continue for year to come.:):):D
Thx and have a great rest of the weekend!
Cheers
PS. Remember to make your vote, if you have access to a Mini-96 track with expansion, and want to participate.;)

Tjay
2008.10.05, 02:27 AM
Hey Richard,

I have no access to mini-96 track so I'd keep the vote to those who has 'em but I do want you to consider me as one of the sponsors. Please let me know what I need to do/give for their prizes.

Thanks!

eztuner12
2008.10.05, 11:30 AM
Hey Richard,

I have no access to mini-96 track so I'd keep the vote to those who has 'em but I do want you to consider me as one of the sponsors. Please let me know what I need to do/give for their prizes.

Thanks!

WOW :eek:TJ.
That’s great news from you, to collaborate with this event thru a sponsorship; I certainly will take your word for it!!!;)
Since this is an long distance event I guess the best prizes to handle is discounts on stores or gift certificates, so that I can provide the winners with a code# and with it the can buy what they want at the specific sponsor store.
If you have a store let me know the name, so that I can post it here at the time I mention the sponsors. Up to now AtomicMods and you are the sponsers, fortunate more sponsers will pitch in; I am trying to avoid an esclusivity sponsorship. I will keep you post of the outcomes. The success of this championship depends on the result of this poll here and on another forum too.
Please send me an e-mail with your e-address, so that I can contact you at the required time about the final outcome of the polls, regarding your sponsorship, remember to let me know the name you want me to mention as the sponsor.
Again very thankful for your contribution to this event, as well as to the hobby very specially to the 1.28 scale
Thx man:):):D
Cheers

Tjay
2008.10.06, 06:08 PM
Hi Richard,

I have sponsored few races already. Although their small events... you can take my words for it. The name would be under... check your pm. ;)

Regards,
TJ

eztuner12
2008.10.08, 06:34 PM
Another good news about giving prizes to the winners of the M-96XHFAY championship.

It is of great honor to announce, that we have gotten another new sponsorship for the Mini-96 with expansion HFAY championship, in this occasion it is, Fast Pace Racing, A new shop for Mini-1.28 scale, which will be opening soon. At this moment, it is on the final touches of its web page. This hobby store is hold by TJ Macabuhay, well known in this forum as Tjay, Thank you Tjay for the great support & contributions to this M-96XHFAY championship, as well as for the mini-1.28 scale and fans.

So it comes up to, two (2) sponsors for the championship prizes that will be given to the three first places winner of each race thru the championship AtomicMods and Fast Pace Racing.
Fortunately more sponsors are in the way. So go ahead and pitch in your positive votes here at the poll.
Thank you too, for your great support & contributions to this M-96XHFAY championship, as well as, for the mini-1.28 scale, thru your positive vote;).
Cheers...

CristianTabush
2008.10.08, 10:52 PM
Ok we got some prizes for the winner plus promotional support…
This note came from John Shanklin Operations Manager AtomicMods:D

Richard,
Thanks for the well wishes.

Although we haven't participated, I've always been a fan of the HFAY concept. In my opinion, the "World Cup" formats are not marketed adequately, only because it makes no sense economically with virtually no ROI. So the HFAY proceeds to fill that niche for organized competition.

Although I love John, I have to disagree with his view of the ROI about the World Cup, it even kind of irks me that he says what he says. Since At*mic M*ds makes absolutely no performance parts for the Mini-Z maybe, their view is too narrow, as if they had blinders.

The World Cup is the reason why I got hired and worked for them, it was how they were able to market themselves and position themselves as a Mini-Z shop. Competitions as such also are what lead manufacturers to produce better parts, which in turn stores like At*mic M*ds can sell at a Premium. So saying that the World Cup has no return on investment is pretty ignorant in my opinion... Not taking away anything from what Richard is trying to get going, I think it is a great idea.

If the World Cup didn't have return on investment they would not be claiming on their front page that they were 2005,2006 and 2007 World Champions (which in actuality is false advertisement since the only World Cup Race they won was when I won 2wd stock last year, 2005 belongs to REFLEX and 2006 BELONGS TO THE FEINSTEINS...)

Sorry about my rants, it is exactly that kind of commentary from the Dark side the reason why I left in the first place...

eztuner12
2008.10.09, 10:28 PM
Hi Cristian, very welcome to this poll.
Just wanted to say, that I personally respects Johns point of view, as well as yours too Cristian. I think that at the time you took your decision and left from AtomicMods, as you mention, you made your point very clear at that time. Now that you have the control of your own business (REFLEX) to take care of, you can trace your own policy base on your criteria and experiences. Looking back and getting mad about it wont help, only a waist of energy and effort that you can well use on your own business to make it go forward.
I want too clear up to the readers, that my self, this poll or the effort I am making to accomplish this championship, dos not in any ways have to see with the past issues between John and Cristian. Neither I have taken a side in predilection, since it is not of my deliberation to do so. I only can wish the best for each of them in the success of their business and hope this issue in any way affect your participation and soport to this poll or your decision to collaborate thru your positive comments an suggestions to this particular event, I trust that at the time you are going to vote, you are going to focus on the good reasons for what this poll, as well as the championship was design, taking consideration that one of the reasons was, to bring more fans in to the hobby and integrating all fans into a grand family with the same interest in common, the passion for the R/C hobby specially 1.28 scale.
Cristian, you are very welcome to become one of our sponsors thru REFLEX, if you wish. I encourage you to do so; we really are in the need for your support as a vast expert and a sponsor in order to accomplish the success of the M-96XHFAY championship, as well as the growth of the hobby. Again welcome man!!!
Cheers…:)

ruf
2008.10.10, 02:26 PM
Let's get this straight. John and Cristian have and had NO issues with each other. Cristian has never said anything but good things about John to me. That being said, AtomicMods is a business first, and racing comes second if at all. They don't have a desire to race unless it directly contributes to revenue, and this makes them very successful business. At Reflex, we've always been a race team first. Most of the time, we've just been a race team period. The business sprang up from us trying to get the fastest parts for ourselves and our fellow racers. And now, we make those parts when they don't exist. If we don't learn by racing at the highest level, we can't develop our parts (nor our content). I don't think either Cristian or myself are mad about anything. We nearly go broke travelling to big races with "no ROI", but we learn something from each race. That knowledge gets transferred to our racers via a tech article or a new part. That is our ROI. In the end, we all focus on what's important to us. AtomicMods will keep running their strong business, and we'll keep differentiating Reflex from the pack.

As for sponsoring this project, we would be happy to consider it pending some clarification. Here are my thoughts on the concept:

1) I love Mini-96. Great stuff for a home track if you have the right expectations. The issue is that Mini-96 will never be Wide-L's... A lot of people buy it thinking that they will have the best of both worlds, but that's not really true.

2) I would NEVER try to compare a Mini-96 track to a Wide-L track with times. Your initial argument is moot. A similar expanded Mini-96 will not only be narrower, but SHORTER resulting in a shorter lap and a faster lap time. You just can't compare the two. If you give me 2" off of each corner, I'll give you 0.5s/lap. On top of that, the expansion adds more seams and seams are the enemy...

3) My advice is to promote Mini-96 for what it is. A lot of people have it, but not much of it. It also allows for new and interesting layouts. I wouldn't try to make the layouts Wide-L-esque by expanding it everywhere. First of all, most people won't have that much track. Second of all, it starts creeping into HFAY's competency, which it really can't match. Keep Mini-96 as Solo2 to HFAY's Solo1.

4) I really admire you for trying to reach out to more hobbyists' competitive drive, and trying to address the fact that a lot of people have unused Mini-96. The issue is that racing needs structure and limitations, especially when new racers are involved. I think you have too many classes, and while the idea of mod and outlaw classes may be interesting to you, it will be detrimental to your efforts. Big motors on small tracks aren't much fun. I understand the desire to accommodate everyone, especially those tinkerers that dump a lot of money into their cars, but that will bring the series down in my experience. I really feel that one of the biggest reasons that HFAY has taken off in the past year or so is the standardization of the motor. The same goes for 70T stock racing. Cristian and I have spoken in the past that a race director needs to be a dictator. Instead of trying to make a lot of classes for every single racer, set the rules for the greater good and force people to run them or they can run somewhere else. Otherwise, people will lose interest, and the club just falls apart after a few months. We've seen it happen many times in many scales.

5) I'm sorry, but hand-counting with a stopwatch just doesn't work, especially in a time-trial scenario. Moral integrity aside, there is just too much room for error. If you're racing door-to-door, then fine, it's ok to keep track of the laps and see who crosses the line first. But to compare multiple tracks remotely with stopwatch times is completely inconsistent and unfair. There are already too many variables in place with temperature, humidity, track condition, etc., adding human error makes any attempt to judge speed and skill impossible. If you must hand-count, then reverse the count to laps - i.e. 70 laps in 8 minutes. This will create brackets or bands that racers can aspire to. Then if you really want to know who is the fastest in each bracket, you can settle that at a championship race. Just a thought.

ProfoxCG
2008.10.10, 05:02 PM
anyway, I have been wanting to buy a min96 but could not justify it.
If this comes through I would jump on it.

Also, Dnanos - how sweet would it be to have a dnano class on a a mini96?
(just a thought)

anyhow, why cant we just use te non-expanded mini96 track? I would love to setup a HFAY spec chasis for home.

eztuner12
2008.10.10, 05:12 PM
Hi ruf and welcome to this poll.
I really don’t know if John and Cristian have a pending issue or in fact the issue is with AtomicMods. But the way he expressed seemed to me there is a problem, I could be wrong.
What I am sure is that this poll thread is not the way for Cristians statement. It does not have to see with the thread, completely out of the theme or topic, there are other places where he could made his statement or as well open a new thread or talk directly with John too
About your opinion regarding this championship, some I agree, some I disagree, but first I respect your opinion as well as Cristians and Johns.

Please keep in mind, that in no way this is a PRO event, this championship is focused and design for Mini 1.28 amateurs fans that posses an Mini-96 track or are in process to acquire one, due to its affordability, as well as for its reduced size, you can practically layout a track at any reduced area in your home. This event is to have fun while measuring your driving skills and car performance, to those fans that don’t have a near-by club or track to participate and again have FUN!!!! This is a good foundation and in no way is intended to compete with others PRO events nor jeopardize any personal interest or business interest, I will not make money with this event this is just a GAME to me and it has been a fun game for ever, even at the time a raced as team driver around the world for many years and for FREE, never accepted a penny ever. And other than kits parts and fuel, I always have pay for my expenses, I have hosted international events for free, inviting racers from around the globe and covering their expenses, this is an entertainment to me, as it is for so many fans here in this forum.
I am starting to believe that some persons have the wrong perspective of this event and are viewing it some how as a bad thing, maybe a competition. Maybe some of the negative votes are from people that don’t qualifies for the event by even not having a Mini-96 track, If so they aren’t doing any harm to me what so ever but doing it to others that maybe this will be their only chance to compete in an event (amateur event), I can assure this. To me this is a fun game and it will be until the end. No mater what. So please be open-minded, reasonable and don’t read between words, there is nothing there, just cheer fun. Here is a synthesis or a vision to this idea.
Have a great weekend to all, and enjoy life, as well as this magnificent hobby.
Cheers;)

The vision;
The initiative for creating an M-96XHFAY (Mini-96 with eXpansion How Fast Are You) events, is in order to bring all those mini 1.28 class amateur fans with Mini-96 track or that are planning to buy a Mini-96 track, together in one competition from the comfort of their homes or clubs, way not, so that we can test, as well as prove our driving skills and car performance while making our investments worth though having fun and wining prizes.
Since each race event will be mainly from your home, been responsible, honest and fair to others, will be the primary requirement from each participant. Keeping in mind the budget limits of some fans is one of our main concerns, reasons why we are targeting to minimal investment requirements for the participant.

eztuner12
2008.10.10, 05:34 PM
anyway, I have been wanting to buy a min96 but could not justify it.
If this comes through I would jump on it.

Also, Dnanos - how sweet would it be to have a dnano class on a a mini96?
(just a thought)

anyhow, why cant we just use te non-expanded mini96 track? I would love to setup a HFAY spec chasis for home.

Hi ProfoxCG, welcome to the poll.
A mini-96 track with no expansion for Dnanos is an excellent idea!! :D

About racing on mini-96 with no expansion, it is possible if there is the quorum for the race, I guess for stock cars right? I hope others go for it too.

As I have been mentioning, the participants will decide the categories considering no les than 5 to6 racers per class. I take care of the results posting, prizes and basic race rules.
The categories I posted are just a suggestion due to the large number of fans with those particular chassis.
Thx for your positive comment and contribution. Remember we need your positive vote to make this happened.
Have a great weekend.;)
Cheers

ruf
2008.10.10, 06:16 PM
Hi ruf and welcome to this poll.
I really don’t know if John and Cristian have a pending issue or in fact the issue is with AtomicMods. But the way he expressed seemed to me there is a problem, I could be wrong.I've known Cristian for a long time, and I've met John more than once. Both are good dudes, both respect each other a great deal, and they get along fine.

What I am sure is that this poll thread is not the way for Cristians statement. It does not have to see with the thread, completely out of the theme or topic, there are other places where he could made his statement or as well open a new thread or talk directly with John too
About your opinion regarding this championship, some I agree, some I disagree, but first I respect your opinion as well as Cristians and Johns.I agree. This is not the time or the place for a discussion like this. Honestly, these types of things probably shouldn't be discussed on open forums, but in a bar over drinks! :D

Please keep in mind, that in no way this is a PRO event, this championship is focused and design for Mini 1.28 amateurs fans that posses an Mini-96 track or are in process to acquire one, due to its affordability, as well as for its reduced size, you can practically layout a track at any reduced area in your home. This event is to have fun while measuring your driving skills and car performance, to dose fans that don’t have a near-by club or track to participate and again have FUN!!!! This is a good foundation and in no way is intended to compete with others PRO events nor jeopardize any personal interest or business interest, I will not make money with this event this is just a GAME to me and it has been a fun game for ever, even at the time a raced as team driver around the world for many years and for FREE, never accepted a penny ever. And other than kits parts and fuel, I always have pay for my expenses, I have hosted international events for free, inviting racers from around the globe and covering their expenses, this is an entertainment to me, as it is for so many fans here in this forum.
I am starting to believe that some persons have the wrong perspective of this event and are viewing it some how as a bad thing, maybe a competition. Maybe some of the negative votes are from people that don’t qualifies for the event by even not having a Mini-96 track, If so they aren’t doing any harm to me what so ever but doing it to others that maybe this will be their only chance to compete in an event (amateur event), I can assure this. To me this is a fun game and it will be until the end. No mater what. So please be open-minded, reasonable and don’t read between words, there is nothing there, just cheer fun. Here is a synthesis or a vision to this idea.
Have a great weekend to all, and enjoy life, as well as this magnificent hobby.
Cheers;)

The vision;
The initiative for creating an M-96XHFAY (Mini-96 with eXpansion How Fast Are You) events, is in order to bring all those mini 1.28 class amateur fans with Mini-96 track or that are planning to buy a Mini-96 track, together in one competition from the comfort of their homes or clubs, way not, so that we can test, as well as prove our driving skills and car performance while making our investments worth though having fun and wining prizes.I don't think I have the wrong perspective on it, but you may have cleared it up for others. I really like the concept. I just think that it needs a few minor changes in order for it to really flourish.

Since each race event will be mainly from your home, been responsible, honest and fair to others, will be the primary requirement from each participant. Keeping in main the budget limits of some fans is one of our main concerns, reasons why we are targeting to minimal investment requirements for the participant.You've got a very clear mission statement. Now, you just have to make good decisions to support that vision. Here is a summary of input based on my experience with numerous clubs in different scales.

1) Layouts - Keep them small. ProfoxCG has it right on. Most people who buy Mini-96 have a very limited space and/or budget. By making large expansion layouts to emulate Wide-L's, you contradict your goal of "minimal investment requirements". Later on, it might be cool if you could purchase some expansion sets and part them out for "small expansions" at a minimal investment increase. Maybe we at Reflex could help you with that? I just don't see a need for a full-expansion Mini-96 layout.

2) Timing/Ranking - let's assume that everyone is honest. There is always the element of human error, and to count the timing down to seconds would not be genuine. Maybe even limit it to a 3-minute run so the counter doesn't get bored a miss a lap? I also think the concept of lap ranking lends itself to more friendly competition. Racer A: "I ran 68 laps on layout #4!" Racer B: "Me too! I'm hoping I can break 70 laps next time!"

Here is also one scenario that I know we don't want to think about, but it has happened in the past in R/C, 1:1, and video games. A new driver is naturally talented, has a good setup and posts a very fast time. He gets accused of cheating by his fellow racers and quits due to the bad sportsmanship. I think that the broader ranking by laps instead of time may mitigate this possibility. Of course, you still have to be vigilant to foster a friendly atmosphere.

3) Classes - Keep it simple, and TRY keep it slow. Slow will be much more conducive to faster laps and less frustration, especially with the Mini-96. Let the lap ranking "tiers" categorize the novice/intermediate/expert levels instead of having a class for each. No one likes to be called a "novice", but at the same time, keep track of rookies and reward them in the first year, etc.

eztuner12
2008.10.10, 09:40 PM
Hi ruf
Now that’s what I mean by positive comments and suggestion, right on target man. I am aware of some of your comments and that’s where guys like you, Cristian, briankstan and many others, with there know-how can really help and make this event a 1st rating one.
Layouts:
Totally agree, keep it small to med-size. The expansion kit can be used in some sections of the track, if the majority of a specific group agrees to. A Mini-96 with only one expansion kit would be the biggest track scenario and to be used on the modified class, if there is a modified class, again the participants will determinate this, they will have to be no less than 5 to 6 participants willing to race in a determinate group, so that this group/class can be in the event.
About the selection of the track layout, I was thinking to design 6 to 8 layouts and let the participants thru a poll decide which will be the ones to be raced on. Maybe one track for beginners-stock motor and another for the advance racers-stock & mod-motors. I insist in modified class, because maybe there are some racers like me, which can handle a fassst car in a M-96 with one expansion kit, as well as an M-96 with expansion in some sections of the track very good.

Timing/ranking:
Super good suggestion.
About race time, no problem with me, if the majority of a group decide 3, 5 or 8 min race.
Timing system they don’t go near reasonable in price. But there is a homemade timing system that goes for about $35. This system will include; Hobbico Microzisers Digit Lap Counter $20. I got one at ebay for $0. 99 cents +S&H. One Laser diode $10 to $15. I got two for $1.99 at ebay + S&H. a telephone cable and a couple of project boxes from Radio Shack $ 3 each This lap time system register the fastest lap, it can be set from different race time and it can handle up to 500 laps. This can be a good tool in place of the sports hand chronograph. I can provide the link for the build-up instructions, it is very simple to build, and it operates on AA & AAA batteries. I personally have a complete Giro system NIB never opened since this $35 does a perfect job.
At the end we will have to relay on the honesty of each participant unless there is a judge but this is not possible if you are at your home, your wife and kids can help or participate as well, but not be a judge.

Classes:
Definitely keep it simple; again it will depend on the demand of the participants and no les than 5 to 6 racers per group/class.
I think beguines and advance drivers could keep it fair and simple, Unless more sponsors support the event to be able to give prizes to the three first places of each group.
Tomorrow or perhaps Sunday, I intend to post a resume of rules that I have been collecting from suggestions from this forum and another one in which a poll is going on as here.
About the sponsorship, No $ for prizes, I am suggesting discount coupons or Gift Certificates, in both cases the sponsor will provide me with code # that I will pass on to the prize winners so that they can make use of them at the sponsors shop. About giving out parts as prizes it could be but this will increase the cost to the sponsors plus maybe the winner won’t need that part, since it has it already.

Concept of the Championship & prizes:
What I have in mind is, to make this event as a F-I championship, a determinates # of races in a year (no less than 6 races) points accumulations per position ended at each race. At the end of the year the drivers from each category with the higher accumulated points will become the M-96XHFAY Grand champions or way not M-96XHFAY World Champions, Sub-champions and 3rd place winners
I intend to give prizes in each race and a grand price to the higher point Champs at the end of the championship. If it goes ok with these polls, I guess we can start on with the championship by January or February 2009
Again thank so much for your interest and great positive remarks, hope to hear some more:).
Cheers...;)

ProfoxCG
2008.10.10, 11:45 PM
this is very exciting !! now i can jusitify a second chasis =) maybe an Mr015 for HFAY.

eztuner12
2008.10.11, 11:15 AM
Hi ProfoxCG,
I personally am very happy with my M-96 track I guess it all depends on how much you practice and the driving skills you achieve thru practicing. Checkout the attach pics, this is one of my layouts on my permanent track in a 11’x12’ room in my DR home as you can see it has some expansion kit sections, at straightway & some turns. it is about 48' long, straightway is 12' long and I race a full modified MA-010 AWD.
Cheers…

eztuner12
2008.10.11, 12:40 PM
Taking in consideration some suggestion this is a rule up-date and some clear-up notes

With the comments raised from the participants in this and other forum ongoing poll I can add or change rules for the M-96XHFAY events

Some of the rules I have been thinking of, are as follow:

1. No club needed, you can participate from your home track. If a club want to participate they are welcome.
2. At one track as many participants as you consider can run at once, I recommend no more than 3 (three) and minimum participant per-track 1 (one).
3. No judge required. We all have to be honest, responsible and fair to others.
4. Any time-lap control system, including a buddy of yours with a basic wristwatch with chronograph or a sports chronograph can do. I have a $35.00 home made laser lap timing system option and will provide the link to build it. Very simple build-up, any race time setup, register fastest lap and can go up to 500 laps
5. You can do your race any time during the appointed date, at morning, afternoon or night, until 12:00PM
6. Submission of individual race results can be done with in the first 48hrs from the end of the appointed race day Race will end at 12:00 PM of the appointed date. Submissions will be thru interned to a designate e-address.
7. Only mini-96 tracks with expansion kits are allowed, unless all racers from one specific category, agrees on using simple Mini-98 track or combination of both (sections of the layout with expansion and other section without expansion, as well of the integration of additional track parts as; chicanes, 45 degree and large radius turns.
8. To be able to allow a group category race in the events, at least 5 to 6 entrees must be accomplished.
9. On stock categories the use of the same stock motor will be required.
Regarding participant groups, I recommend:
· Stock MR-02.
· Stock MA-010 AWD.
· Stock MR-02 Beginners.
· Stock MA-010 AWD Beginners.
· Modified MR-02
· Modified MA-010AWD
· Open-Outlaw. (Any modified mini-z or pan as Sinister, InzaneP28 and MRCG).
All these suggested categories/groups can varied according to suggestions and rule#8

Any other class of chassis will be admitted, if no les than 5 to 6 entrees are register in that specific category. Xmods are welcome too.

I will like to clear up again, that this proposed event does not have to see in nothing with the already established ongoing HFAY events. These events will be for fans that have a Mini-96 with expansion kit or are planning to buy one.
In order to maintain the stock classes fair and affordable, the same motor will be required to all racers so we will look for very popular accessible to find and affordable Stock motors.
The results of the event will be posted in this forum and others, as well as on a www.com that will be created if this idea is finally consummate.

About Stock and Modified classes:
Any chassis up-grades allowed in either groups, the difference would be on the motor you use. Stock motor for stock class, modified motor on modified class. In both of this classes all Autoscale bodies are allowed, but NOT Pan or lexan bodies. On the open/ outlaw class all autoscale bodies plus pan and lexan bodies are allowed with modified bodies as well as any type of batteries AAA, AA or Lipo.

Concept of the Championship & prizes:
What I have in mind is, to make this event as a F-I championship, a determinates # of races in a year (no less than 6 races) points accumulations per position ended at each race. At the end of the year the drivers from each category with the higher accumulated points will become the M-96XHFAY Grand champions or way not M-96XHFAY World Champions, Sub-champions and 3rd place winners
I intend to give prizes in each individual race and a grand price to the higher point Champs at the end of the championship. If it goes ok with these polls, I guess we can start on with the championship by January or February 2009. Rookie of the year prize will be considerate.

Cheers

Cherub1m
2008.10.23, 10:07 AM
Hey eztuner12

I read the rules I like them. I dont have an expansion kit, but maybe for Christmas the wife may let me get it. I have hobbico infrared timing system cheap but effective. You can set it for a timed race up to 10min or # of lap race up to 500 laps and you get your fastest lap time. Only downfall is you can only race one car at a time. Here is a link:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/gr/hca/hcap0002.htm

I am curious has to the people that voted no to Mini 96 Hfay, Do you all own or even planning to get a Mini 96 track? Or did you just vote... If the later is the case then, Richard you should consider doing the poll again and be more specific about voters should either own or are seriouly planning on getting a Mini 96 track with or without expansion. I really dont see why anyone would vote no specially if this is not something that would effect them in any way. An last but not least I dont mind setting up some track layout with you Richard with just the Mini 96 (I dont have the expansion kit yet) and do some time run for fun. If you like we could even record them.

Keep up the good work Richard

eztuner12
2008.10.23, 11:26 AM
Very good day Cherub1m,
About the lap timer I am talking about is the Hobbico with some simple modification, so you can use it on the RCP tracks.

Regarding the NO votes you are right Iam totally sure they don’t have or plan to buy an M-98 track, even due I was very clear at many occasions, and I was counting with honesty, fairness and respect to others, but they are many persons that have been affected some how thru this poll or the event in fact, I guess they feel this event is some kind of competition or it affects their personal interest, maybe envy or perhaps negative minds, don’t really care, what it counts on this poll is the YES votes. My mistake was giving the option of YES & NO, if I would just go with YES things would be more favorable. My mistake was based on the idea
that people would read straightforward what I wrote not between lines looking for what is not there, pure ignorance, idiocracy, unawareness, qualities that makes the difference between an intelligent person and an a retard person. But that’s live and they have to live with it.

I guess that for starters 8 persons interested in this event is very good, we can go ahead with the event and enjoy our self, measure-up our driving skills, our cars and have a lot of fun while wining prizes for our benefit, What I will need is the name of those persons, to contact them and start with the selection of categories, that we agree to race, I think that a race with 4 participants will be ok. But lets wait until the poll ends and see if these persons that are willing to participate contact me ASAP to arrange thing up. ;)

I accept your proposal and race between us for fun and keep records if no one comes forward, Thank you man!:):):D
Cheers
btw they are 9 Yes one person changed his no to yes but the poll can't be changed once is posted.

imxlr8ed
2008.10.23, 12:28 PM
Way to go... distance the guys who have been running in HFAY since it's inception. You shouldn't label people! If you are going to be a focal point for a new series, you shouldn't be suggesting that some MZR users are "retards"... you're not making any friends, that's for sure!

Now... for a semi-intelligent opinion,

I think the reason for most of the "NO" votes is the fact that it seemed you were polling about an additional HFAY event, and the majority of HFAY competitors take what we do very seriously. Talking with other HFAY members, it seems a little rag-tag to use any form of timing systems when it comes to this kind of competition level. We are all focused on honesty for all of our events, and the timing systems many of our clubs use is a very accurate way to keep track of it all. A stopwatch just seems a bit of a stretch.

So... it would seem that alot of HFAY die-hards just don't see what could come out of this with the rules you have listed there, especially when we already tried to get something done like this before. I would love to see some small Mini96 events as an addition to HFAY, but I would also like to see a bit more stringency when it comes to the rules in regards to the timing. I hope you get more people involved because I know there are alot of Mini96 owners out there... but I also hope you stop the name calling crap! Seriously.. if you're going to act like that, I don't want you anywhere near HFAY!

eztuner12
2008.10.23, 01:33 PM
Hey hello there imxlr8ed
I tell you what, seen thing positively, as a very positive person I am, I think that the mini-96 HFAY could be a first step to later on, move forward to the wide L track HFAY.:)
On the other hand if those that vote NO where racing on the ongoing wide L track and don’t poses or were planning to buy a M-96 track, they shouldn’t vote and be un-honest, not fair and not considerate to those that have the M-96 track. Having this in mind I guess I will never participate on a HFAY race, considering those three values a man should have. I am maybe a conservative, as well as striking in this aspect and still believe that a man’s word and honesty is very, indeed very impotent, I know I am not alone in this caracteristic.

I just wanted to bring something good to those fans that had a Mini-96 track; I personally play with these toys when short of time and rainy days. I am an 1/8 on-road fuel Pro enthusiast and when want to go real R/C racing, I go to the track and race, I have a beautiful permanent International track about 10 min drive from my home, here in the DR, where racers from all around America come occasionally to race on different international events and another one only 15 min drive from my Miami home, and enjoy the gorges aroma of fuel, hear the enchanting sound of high RPM’s while enjoying extreme speeeeed. Tody I only race for fun:):):D
Thxxx for your comment man, good point there.;)
Cheers

eztuner12
2008.10.23, 02:01 PM
imxlr8ed
By the way this is the chassis I’m racing now, This is a Serpent Veteq, produced around 2001-2002 an incredible chassis regarding performance superb, but one issue with it, due to its suspension complicity and geometry, it was difficult to set-up, something you don’t want on a race, but for fun racing and the time to set it up it is just perfect:):):D
See all the attach pics for your enjoyment;)
Cheers

imxlr8ed
2008.10.23, 02:03 PM
I think the point I'm trying to make here is that the poll was posted on an HFAY forum, asking HFAY members their opinion in regards to all of this. I know of a few HFAY members and many MZR members who have Mini96 tracks, so to just say they don't own one and they are being dis-honest or retarded for voting "NO", without knowing the exact truth is not in your best interests.

I'll go to bat for ALL of our members, best group of guys I've ever raced with! So just try to realize who we are and why we started HFAY in the first place, it was alot of work and alot of questions answered to get it to where it is today! We are the ONLY world-wide rc point series, and it's all done out of pure fun!

Yes... gas cars are fun too!

eztuner12
2008.10.23, 02:24 PM
I think the point I'm trying to make here is that the poll was posted on an HFAY forum, asking HFAY members their opinion in regards to all of this. I know of a few HFAY members and many MZR members who have Mini96 tracks, so to just say they don't own one and they are being dis-honest or retarded for voting "NO", without knowing the exact truth is not in your best interests.

I'll go to bat for ALL of our members, best group of guys I've ever raced with! So just try to realize who we are and why we started HFAY in the first place, it was alot of work and alot of questions answered to get it to where it is today! We are the ONLY world-wide rc point series, and it's all done out of pure fun!

Yes... gas cars are fun too!

I agree with you it was the wrong place to post this poll, just followed the forum rules to post on an existing thread, if there is one before opening another
I was aware three days after I open the poll but to late could not removed and place it on my own thread.
But I think I will open a new poll when this one is over, following some suggestion from others too:)
To be clear, my previous words were in order to those that voted without having or planning to have a M-96 track. Cool?;)
Cheers

ruf
2008.10.23, 03:47 PM
Votes are votes. No is no, and yes is yes. Throwing out votes is the same as throwing out data in an experiment - it completely devalues the scientific process. I haven't voted because I don't have a dog in this fight, but for you to ask for only yes votes in a poll is pretty silly, imo. The point is to gauge public opinion, positive and negative. If you want to call this a petition, then call it that.

eztuner12
2008.10.23, 06:22 PM
Votes are votes. No is no, and yes is yes. Throwing out votes is the same as throwing out data in an experiment - it completely devalues the scientific process. I haven't voted because I don't have a dog in this fight, but for you to ask for only yes votes in a poll is pretty silly, imo. The point is to gauge public opinion, positive and negative. If you want to call this a petition, then call it that.

Hey ruff good to have you back.
Excellent point ruff, well put:)
I think same as you do, that’s way I put both options, But I have received 4 personal e-mails suggesting that, some persons are voting NO because thy think that this event will jeopardize the ongoing HFAY, and they all asked me the big question: Give me a good reason why voting NO, if you have a M-96 track, this is for free, you get prizes, and only have to invest in a cheep motor? Personally I am still looking for the right answer in my head. Today one more person, this time here on the thread mentioned the same, so I figured I was wrong by giving the two options, YES or NO, What I am sure I did wrong, was posting the poll on this HFAY thread and using the same “HFAY” thing.
But I certainly think that 9 YES votes is very good :) to start with, since I was expecting @ 12 to 15 MAYBE 18, but 9 is a reasonable amount, since every one is racing from their home and M-96 is perfect for one racer, I am really glad about the outcome. With 4 to 5 drivers per category should be ok. I without doubt think that this event will live up to my expectation with 9 guys, I mean, after all if you have the track and want to have fun while competing plus wining price this is the right way to go; don’t you think?
Again your comment is right on target, at the end those that are going to participate aren’t the ones that voted NO right? It is just a measuring thing.
Cheers man;)

hrdrvr
2008.10.24, 07:52 AM
Give me a good reason why voting NO, if you have a M-96 track, this is for free, you get prizes, and only have to invest in a cheep motor?

I didnt vote either because I have no mini96 or relevant info for the thread. I have been following and would like to see where this goes. FWIW, I do think you should try and either get Brian involved, or call it something totally different than HFAY. If its affiliated, great, if not, make sure its clear.

The main reason for the post though, is to address the above question. I originally thought the same as you. My dad and I chose wide Ls with he intent of our group joining HFAY. Once we had the track we expected to have full participation from our gourp to run in the series. You dont need antyhing else. We privided the track and lap counter. All people would need would be there box stock motor, and to show up. Why wouldnt they? A number of reasons that I dont personally agree with, but are issues none the less. The majority of our racers didnt want to conform to HFAY motor rules, small track layouts, or a regimented point system. We chose to skip out on HFAY to keep the majority happy and active.

I just wanted to point out, there probably are people with mini96s, that could have valid reasons for voting NO.

As for our group. We have enough active members that are interested, and I will probably once again persue getting a committment from people going into the next season.

eztuner12
2008.10.28, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=hrdrvr;320445] A number of reasons that I dont personally agree with, but are issues none the less. The majority of our racers didnt want to conform to HFAY motor rules, small track layouts, or a regimented point system.
QUOTE]

Good point hrdrvr.
But this issues dont apply to this event, I proposed open and mod class, layout would be decided by the drivers, point regiment ,not determinated yet.
Thx pot the positive comment.
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2008.10.30, 05:17 PM
Hello
Now that the poll is over I would like to THANK every one how participated in this poll, thru its vote or thru its comment. The amount of views as well of the number of replies archived its just amazing.
I am very satisfied with the number of YES votes practically a 75% of what I was expecting, that’s excellent. So now what I need to move forward, is to contact those that voted YES and still interested in participate in the championship, to do this, I will need you to contact me at ezcorp@codetel.net.do so we can start coordinating the event final rules, groups, race days, amount of races over the year, and prizes giving for each race winners.
So I will be waiting for you!
Again thxxxx…and have a spoooooky Halloween day!
Cheers;)