PDA

View Full Version : How to fix a La Crosse charger, when a cell vents ??

atallfunguy
2008.10.05, 02:01 PM
I have 2 La Crosse Chargers with 1 battery compartment bad as a result of the new Orion 750 SHO cells venting.

Anyone know how to fix the chargers ?

Both chargers have no visible corrosion or any signs of anything abnormal.

The only way I know that the cells vented is that you can see the juice on the positive side of the batteries.

When I turn the charger one the charger thinks that there is a cell in the tray reading voltage.

When I place a cell in that spot it will not charge it correctly.

Any help would be great..

yasuji
2008.10.05, 02:28 PM
I have 2 La Crosse Chargers with 1 battery compartment bad as a result of the new Orion 750 SHO cells venting.

Anyone know how to fix the chargers ?

Both chargers have no visible corrosion or any signs of anything abnormal.

The only way I know that the cells vented is that you can see the juice on the positive side of the batteries.

When I turn the charger one the charger thinks that there is a cell in the tray reading voltage.

When I place a cell in that spot it will not charge it correctly.

Any help would be great..

when i had that happen to me i took it apart and i used a damp Qtip and wiped the board near the terminal clean....i think that the batt acid creates continuity ... also clean the terminals

atallfunguy
2008.10.05, 09:02 PM
will try that.

Any other ideas ??

hpgod
2008.10.06, 06:59 AM
I use rubbing ( isoprohol) alchohol to cell the tray on my duracell 30 minute charger when the cells vent.

AFMiniz
2008.10.09, 03:02 AM
I experienced the same. I placed a cell in compartment "A" and the charger recongised that there was another cell in compartment "B" (in fact not). As a result, even I really place a cell in compartment "B", it doesn't work.

Atallfunguy, did you try all methods and get your charger fixed?

atallfunguy
2008.10.09, 10:22 AM
I will try to get it working this weekend.

I will let you know

P