PDA

View Full Version : Can I run a PN s02 motor with ASF stock fets?

ProfoxCG
2008.10.07, 03:12 AM
I just did a conversion on my MR02 to ASF and I found a new S02 motor in a drawer. The box said "must use external turbo or fet upgrade" now this was back in 2003, I wonder if I can safely run it with the stock ASF board.

Thanks,

Flashsp-2
2008.10.07, 04:44 AM
The S02 is pretty mild in the grand scheme of things. I would say that it should be fine, just check the temp after running to make sure things aren't too hot. Other than that, you should be good to go, the ASF boards are pretty stout...

ProfoxCG
2008.10.07, 01:07 PM
The S02 is pretty mild in the grand scheme of things. I would say that it should be fine, just check the temp after running to make sure things aren't too hot. Other than that, you should be good to go, the ASF boards are pretty stout...

how does it compare to a speedy07 or an X-speed V for that matter?

While we are on the subject, are the "ugraded" stock fets from the ASF board going to make my car "faster" ?

ProfoxCG
2008.10.14, 01:07 AM

I have a question, you said the S02 from PN is "mild" can you explain why ?
PNs description is a 37T motor, compared to the speed07 52T, isn't the S02 faster?

Flashsp-2
2008.10.14, 05:25 AM
Sorry for not getting back to you the first time. The S02 is mild compared to motors like the Anima II or the Atomic Chili, as well as handwounds that are out there (I've made much, much hotter motors). The S02 is definitely faster that the Speedy, no doubt about that, but the S02 isn't a crazy fast motor in the grand scheme of things.

ProfoxCG
2008.10.14, 12:35 PM
so if I wanted to run an anima II for example, even if I have an ASF board with 3010 fets (4) stock amount, i would need to stack some more?

Flashsp-2
2008.10.14, 03:20 PM
I've heard that some people have run the Anima II on the ASF board without upgrading, but it's not something that I would ever do.

ProfoxCG
2008.10.14, 04:09 PM
I've heard that some people have run the Anima II on the ASF board without upgrading, but it's not something that I would ever do.

when upgrading the Fets, you mean placing more 3010 on top, or do you just get a stack or a "better" fet? (is there?)

Traveler
2008.10.14, 10:10 PM
I believe the PN S02 is their torque tuned motor, meaning it draws less amps than speed tuned motors. Is should be fine on a stock 2.4 Ghz board, but as suggested, keep an eye on the temps. In terms of speed compared to the Speedy, the S02 should be faster off the line but the Speedy will likely have higher top speed.

ProfoxCG
2008.10.14, 11:05 PM
I believe the PN S02 is their torque tuned motor, meaning it draws less amps than speed tuned motors. Is should be fine on a stock 2.4 Ghz board, but as suggested, keep an eye on the temps. In terms of speed compared to the Speedy, the S02 should be faster off the line but the Speedy will likely have higher top speed.

I ran it tonight for a little bit, and it was torquy but slow.. as soon as i put back my xspeed I felt fast again lol.

doesnt the less turns the faster the motor?

DJ Kyosho
2008.10.15, 03:00 AM
I ran it tonight for a little bit, and it was torquy but slow.. as soon as i put back my xspeed I felt fast again lol.

doesnt the less turns the faster the motor?

I never ran the S02 motor but try to play with the gearing, you might be able to make it a little faster.

ProfoxCG
2008.10.15, 08:54 AM
I never ran the S02 motor but try to play with the gearing, you might be able to make it a little faster.

sure, but I think my xspeed is way faster honeslty