PDA

View Full Version : Battery shootout review

pgeldz
2008.10.07, 06:59 AM
Hey everyone!

In setting up my new Mini-Z, I figured I'd post my experience with the different batteries I've been using.

This will all be subjective, as numbers only tell part of the story (plus, I don't have the equipment to give hard data, he he he). Still though, this will give you a rough idea how each battery fairs against one another in my experience.

All batteries were discharged then charged when new, and have had 3 normal cycles since.

The ratings I'm about to give will be 1 thru 5, with 5 being the best.

Here it goes...

ORION 900RT
Punch - 3.5
Top Speed - 3.5
Run time - 5
Price for four - $8.50

These batteries were very nice for testing different set ups. Very consistent from start to finish. Ultra long run times. Solid power all around.

INTELLECT 750
Punch - 5
Top Speed - 4.5
Run time - 2
Price for four - $14.50

These batteries had awesome initial punch, but fell off 3/4's of the way through their run time. Run time was easily the worst of the bunch, lasting about half as long as the other batteries in this test.

ATLANTIS 800 (by Intellect)
Punch - 4
Top Speed - 4
Run time - 4.5
Price for four - $13.50

These batteries were very nice. Very similar to the ORION 900RT, but just a little more powerful all around, and lasted almost as long.

ORION 750 SHO
Punch - 5
Top Speed - 5
Run time - 4
Price for four - $19.50

My favorite batteries of this test. Awesome, consistent power with what felt like the highest top speed of the bunch. For the power these put out, they lasted a pretty good while, much better than the Intellect 750's.

So that's my take on these batteries. While I can't give you hard numbers, I hope this will give you somewhat of an idea of how these batteries performed for me against each other in the same enviroinment.

:)

- Paulie

lugnutz
2008.10.07, 03:40 PM
hey paulie
1.what amp did you charge all of your batteries at?
2.what motor did you test with?and was it brand new when you started?
3.were you testing these on a track with a lap counter and if so was there anyone else on the track or were you by yourself?
4.was each test the same as far timed and for how long,a 5 minute,8 minute race?

good review of manufacturer and price keep it coming

pgeldz
2008.10.08, 02:34 AM
hey paulie
1.what amp did you charge all of your batteries at?
2.what motor did you test with?and was it brand new when you started?
3.were you testing these on a track with a lap counter and if so was there anyone else on the track or were you by yourself?
4.was each test the same as far timed and for how long,a 5 minute,8 minute race?

good review of manufacturer and price keep it coming

1. Charged at 1 amp

2. Kyosho X-speed

3. No lap counter, no one else on the track

4. I ran the track until the batteries fell off

:)

- Paulie

lugnutz
2008.10.08, 02:34 PM
thanks for the update paulie,maybe we need to compare notes with testing on a clock,

Tjay
2008.10.08, 03:57 PM
nice. Thanks for sharing!