PDA

View Full Version : alignment is screwed

okoye
2008.10.07, 10:14 AM
so um my overland front end is kinda sloping to one side only on the front. i need to fix it badly

briankstan
2008.10.07, 11:20 AM
do you possibly have a broken mount where the little arms mount to the front case?

this will cause the suspension to act like that.

maybe post up some pics.

okoye
2008.10.07, 12:02 PM
the whole front assembely is off. its not the wheels its the actual box that holds the whole front servo box and gears

EMU
2008.10.07, 01:03 PM
What shocks do you have? If they are oil shocks, drain them and refill them. Are the shock shaft lengths differerent? You could have broken a shock tower or a ball joint screw hole on the servo case (front box). Also check that your servo wires arent causing any binding.

kryten
2008.10.07, 01:17 PM
I bought a s/h OL recently and the front of that would stick to one side too.It turned out to be the ball joint screw on the underarm where it attatches to the front gearbox was siezing in the joint and causing the front end to sit at an angle.I used a small drop of bearing lube and worked it around well,seems to have done the trick.

okoye
2008.10.08, 11:41 AM
im retiring the damn car or selling it

kryten
2008.10.08, 11:54 AM
Have you tried any of the suggestions yet? Have you isolated where it is sticking? You're going to need patience to get it sorted!:)

okoye
2008.10.08, 12:19 PM
well i cant find my parts screw drivers. but i have some stuff i have might dissasemble like right now and see whats up cause i seriously think something is off.

575racer
2008.10.08, 12:23 PM
you know something is off lol. it doesnt need the whole car taken apart, it could be that the screws on the shock mount has come off where it attaches to the chassis or the link mount is broken like what happened to me.

okoye
2008.10.08, 12:36 PM
you know something is off lol. it doesnt need the whole car taken apart, it could be that the screws on the shock mount has come off where it attaches to the chassis or the link mount is broken like what happened to me.

im thinking that it has something to do with the ball screws that holds the frotn sway bars in. actually im only taking the front apart but if that isnt the problem. then its time for the back.

p.s. anyone have a tut on how to do a strong sauder? my wire that goes to the antenna has a few wires off.