http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/bmxtrev/14609.jpg
GT-R
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk268/bmxtrev/14610.jpg

neweraz84
2008.10.12, 02:58 PM
this cant be, lol

paul_england
2008.10.12, 05:08 PM
lol its relli nice, i seen the mustang for sale but not seen the GTR yet, is a relli nice body, but shame the Xtals are soldered to mainboard now.

briankstan
2008.10.12, 05:41 PM
shame the Xtals are soldered to mainboard now.

really? wow that is a dumb move.

bmxtrev
2008.10.12, 08:54 PM
i feel sorry for the kids that are going to buy one of these. [poor souls]
the bodies look nice [loving the gtr], but other than that, they're just not worth it. Maybe for $10 they'd be worth getting for an introduction to mini rc. But anything above that, and they're a big waste of money, not to mention time.

and if the crystals are really getting soldered on now, thats just downright retarded. since theres only the 2 new xmods out now [and the increasingly rare transformers ones], only two people could race at a time, and they'd have to buy different rtr's. I wish the shack would just stop selling these things. :(

pinoyboy
2008.10.12, 09:02 PM
The only thing I'm hoping for with the revival of the xmods is that they bring back RCP wide ovals. Then they'll have to clearance them for $50 again:p

bmxtrev
2008.10.12, 09:11 PM
^ LOL!!!

exactly what i was thinking :eek:

it'd be nice to see that wide-L for $100 again. :cool:

paul_england
2008.10.13, 02:38 PM
are kyosho ever going to bring out thr new skyline as an autoscale, it would be sweet as autpscale as xmod bodies are crap to be honest, and as for the xtals and the fact that the 65 stang was probally a money saving plan as new moulds werent needed to produce, it seems they are going for a money saving plan and not trying to compete with kyosho for 1/28 scale, and the evo's were bad compared to mini z's, and now they make the EP even worse :confused: they are really stupid.
btw i wish they did tracks that cheap in UK !

Roketmini
2008.10.13, 10:09 PM
The GTR is misproportioned and the Mustang still has the hideous wheels. I'm waiting for the Xmod trucks to come back so I can build a cheap trail beater.

paul_england
2008.10.14, 03:41 PM
it is, the gtr just doesnt look right to me lol, i dunno if its the windows or what but its the side that looks relli bad.

simpleskin
2008.10.15, 04:41 PM
are kyosho ever going to bring out thr new skyline as an autoscale, it would be sweet as autpscale as xmod bodies are crap to be honest, and as for the xtals and the fact that the 65 stang was probally a money saving plan as new moulds werent needed to produce, it seems they are going for a money saving plan and not trying to compete with kyosho for 1/28 scale, and the evo's were bad compared to mini z's, and now they make the EP even worse :confused: they are really stupid.
btw i wish they did tracks that cheap in UK !

They come out in December, Red for sure and I think silver/greyish one.

paul_england
2008.10.15, 04:43 PM
ooh, i will have to get one then!

i just hope they glosscoat not fine hand polish like the DBR9 + blue FXX

hilldebrandt
2008.10.16, 08:47 PM
The only thing I'm hoping for with the revival of the xmods is that they bring back RCP wide ovals. Then they'll have to clearance them for $50 again:p

My thought as well.
I got me 3 of them last time they did that....hehehe

yamar6
2008.11.08, 01:40 PM
I bought the GT-R.The body Has no screws at all.It's built like the mini z bodies.You can't put no body kits on it and the windows are glued in.Im waiting for the R8 body in spring.It's realy not a bad car now.they beefed up the parts that broke and used better plastic.But you do all that and leave the same electronics in.Thats just dumb my radline atleast has FM .

XMDrifter
2008.11.10, 11:54 PM
you can mod the soldered in crystal out and get an old friend board's crystal plug soldered on there. the plug is secured by a screw, and i think you can make the xmod worthwhile again.
they have so far:
idiotic remolded stang
GTR(believe me, i bought it, and it's not out of proportion)
2008 Z06

and later the R8's supposed to come out.

the thing really is beefed up quite a bit.
the critical parts are a tad thicker, and the wheel slop isn't as bad as the previous generations. still recommend alloy knuckles and stubs.
the AWD upgrade has changed and it doesn't click anymore and the diff doesn't click either.
the thing is smoother than before.

Downfall is still the electronics/TX and crappy lug nuts

the bodies (cept for the mustang) will be lighter because they won't be doing bodykits anymore. the CG has dropped a tad, (my new xmod rolls over less than my old one.)
the throttle and steering is still a bit under iwaver level, but it's been improved from the last evo release.

the new xmods are called "xmods street" by radioshack.

i'll be tuning my xmod in the meantime while this new info is gone over.
i hope to build a better handling xmod as this new release has improved handling characteristics. (no snap oversteer when steering hard)

yamar6
2008.11.14, 04:37 PM
How could you say there not worth 49.99.I~s the ma-010 worth 150.00 with all there problems.i feel sorry for the kids that are going to buy one of these. [poor souls]
the bodies look nice [loving the gtr], but other than that, they're just not worth it. Maybe for $10 they'd be worth getting for an introduction to mini rc. But anything above that, and they're a big waste of money, not to mention time.

and if the crystals are really getting soldered on now, thats just downright retarded. since theres only the 2 new xmods out now [and the increasingly rare transformers ones], only two people could race at a time, and they'd have to buy different rtr's. I wish the shack would just stop selling these things. :(

yamar6
2008.11.14, 04:41 PM
i have the gt-r and im going to put a mini z board in it.Im happy they beefed up the chassis so it's worth puting a new board in.you can mod the soldered in crystal out and get an old friend board's crystal plug soldered on there. the plug is secured by a screw, and i think you can make the xmod worthwhile again.
they have so far:
idiotic remolded stang
GTR(believe me, i bought it, and it's not out of proportion)
2008 Z06

and later the R8's supposed to come out.

the thing really is beefed up quite a bit.
the critical parts are a tad thicker, and the wheel slop isn't as bad as the previous generations. still recommend alloy knuckles and stubs.
the AWD upgrade has changed and it doesn't click anymore and the diff doesn't click either.
the thing is smoother than before.

Downfall is still the electronics/TX and crappy lug nuts

the bodies (cept for the mustang) will be lighter because they won't be doing bodykits anymore. the CG has dropped a tad, (my new xmod rolls over less than my old one.)
the throttle and steering is still a bit under iwaver level, but it's been improved from the last evo release.

the new xmods are called "xmods street" by radioshack.

i'll be tuning my xmod in the meantime while this new info is gone over.
i hope to build a better handling xmod as this new release has improved handling characteristics. (no snap oversteer when steering hard)

bmxtrev
2008.11.14, 07:57 PM
How could you say there not worth 49.99.I~s the ma-010 worth 150.00 with all there problems. At least with the ma-010, you are not doomed from the start with crappy electronics.

yamar6
2008.11.15, 10:44 AM
i don't know why guys think the evo has a wide turn.I can turn my evo in my hallway just like i did with my mr-02.I would like to get the Ma-010 but i keep reading that there is so many problems with them.It seems you have to pay another 100.00 so it won't break.

XMDrifter
2008.11.28, 03:06 PM
my evo has kinda wide turning. but hey, it's the understeer from my AWD kit.
the ma010 doesn't really break that easily.
back to topic:
xmods aren't worth 10 bucks.
if they were, then you'd have locked suspension, no awd available, the motor couldn't be changed, and no upgrades...just a kid toy you'd find at walmart.
but these aren't supposed to be kid-toys.
if you really ar bugged by the electronics, just swap a mini-z or iwaver board in and drive it that way.