PDA

View Full Version : Monster, which parts?

Netcon
2008.10.23, 02:35 PM
Hello all. :D
I am pretty new here. Signed up ages ago but never posted much. I am about to trade my Kyosho Mini Inferno ST for a 2 week old Mini-Z Monster! I was wondering which upgrades to go for first. I will be using this mostly for bashing about indoors and outdoors jumping and pulling wheelies. I heard it was a good idea to upgrade the shock towers to alloy for more strength any other part that breaks I will replace in alloy. Does anyone recommend any decent shocks to go for? I also read that bearings are good to go for and a better motor. If I went for an x-speed would it pull wheelies from a stand still without having to upgrade the electronics and where can I get most of this stuff?! I can't seem to find them anywhere :(
Cheers,
Netcon.
:)

paul_england
2008.10.23, 04:38 PM
hey i bought a mini z monster from the shop [tinyrc] a month ago but sold it to buy an awd, you can get monsters from this shop for $69.99 but shipping is like $40 almost.
im preety sure that with an xspeed it does wheelies fron standing btu cant be certain, the shock towers will help, i reccomend bearings deffo, also an alloy wheelie bar may help if you get an xspeed, the best place to get oarts from is EGRmart or ****** if your from the uk, but i have to reccomend tinyrc [ ;) ]
but shipping is cheaper from the other two, and the products are cheaper but tinyrc is better as it supports forum... :o
they are really fun and i wish i could have kept mine! the diff locking plate is also a really good idea by kyosho! but bearings, towers + maybe wheelie bar id go for, probally some SHO batts [super high output].
good luck!,
paul.

Netcon
2008.10.23, 05:27 PM
Oh jolly good! Thanks for all the info and I can't wait to recive your monster! ;)
I'll prolly order those shock towers this weekend for the arrival!

boohoo
2008.10.24, 11:33 AM
only thing you do need is the front shock tower as that seems to break the most you dont need the alloy wheely bar standard one will do fine some really good batts aswell

marc
2008.10.24, 12:18 PM
I don't think EGR sells aluminum parts for the Monster as the only company that made aluminum parts was GPM. I could be wrong though. If you want cheap aluminum, there's also Iwaver but I'd stick with GPM. I think somebody was selling a really nice chromed Monster for around 120 bucks with some nice GPM alloy on it. Search ebay, there is a seller that has a nice collection of alloy for the monster including some rare parts. I think R.C.X-Mini also has'em.

paul_england
2008.10.24, 01:17 PM
ye egr dont do monster i think rc m a r t do tho and
rcx,~~~ mini

Netcon
2008.10.24, 01:42 PM
only thing you do need is the front shock tower as that seems to break the most you dont need the alloy wheely bar standard one will do fine some really good batts aswell

I have mega good batterys ;)

I don't think EGR sells aluminum parts for the Monster as the only company that made aluminum parts was GPM. I could be wrong though. If you want cheap aluminum, there's also Iwaver but I'd stick with GPM. I think somebody was selling a really nice chromed Monster for around 120 bucks with some nice GPM alloy on it. Search ebay, there is a seller that has a nice collection of alloy for the monster including some rare parts. I think R.C.X-Mini also has'em.

Yeah I'll prolly replace in GPM as its better quality and chit!

ye egr dont do monster i think rc m a r t do tho and
rcx,~~~ mini

Ya I've had a look on those sites. Some nice stuff the have! :D