PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans Style Race with AWD At Maj's Hobby Shop In Saddle Brook New Jersey

Cherub1m
2008.10.24, 05:45 PM
Hi Everyone

A trophy race is coming at MHS hopefully in a 2wk, we need at least 10 participants. The style of race is, Le Mans Style with AWD. 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will receive a trophy in the A main. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will receive a trophy in the B Main.

Rules:

-Two 5min. qualifiers and 500 lap mains.
-MA010 chassis (AWD).
-Any stock motor capable of running in a stock am PCB (except the ATM Stock R) so you can run the box stock kyosho motor, PN 70T, Speedy 05, Speedy 07 BB, Speedy AWD, ATM Standard, ATM Stock (not Stock R), ATM AWD.
-Any PCB with or without upgraded fets. No aftermarket ESC and RX.
-During the heats and main you cannot change tires you can rotate them while pitting, you can however change your tires in between heats.
-You will have unlimited pitting to fix broken parts if needed and unlimited battery changes.
-You can only run the MA010 chassis you ran the heats with
-Any Transmitter.

This will be a fun race.

MikeL
2008.10.27, 02:53 PM
How is it lemans style if it's only one class? shouldn't it be AWD, MR02, and 015's all racing together with sub class and an overall winner?

EMU
2008.10.28, 01:12 AM
Also, LeMans style would be done by time, not laps :P

When I first saw this, I thought it was only going to be LM bodies, on AWDs... I was wondering how they would fit the 102mm wheelbase.

Cherub1m
2008.10.30, 07:36 PM
How is it lemans style if it's only one class? shouldn't it be AWD, MR02, and 015's all racing together with sub class and an overall winner?

Good point Mike, we just wanted to increase the participation with the MA010 chassis. The AWD chassis is a great chassis but, if we allowed all chassis I think most would be driving an MR02.

Also, LeMans style would be done by time, not laps :P

When I first saw this, I thought it was only going to be LM bodies, on AWDs... I was wondering how they would fit the 102mm wheelbase.

Another good point. We haven't finalized the time date yet, and we are open to suggestions. I kind of like the idea of keeping it pure and true to LeMans style and doing it by time. I'll run that by the guys.

Right now we have about 7 guys that are interested. Are you guys thinking about it?

EMU
2008.10.31, 01:22 AM
I would love to attend, although I have the see if I can make it to the race. Transportation is allways the most difficult part. Also, I dont have a MA010 right now.

Cherub1m
2008.10.31, 10:37 AM
I would love to attend, although I have the see if I can make it to the race. Transportation is allways the most difficult part. Also, I dont have a MA010 right now.

Hi EMU

How do you get to Action RC all the time? Have you looked into the NJ Transit? I think they have some stops that are fairly close.

You dont have a MA010 :eek:. Dear heaven's!!! didnt you have like 2 or 3 of those with SAS kits? Did you ebay them :rolleyes:

EMU
2008.10.31, 12:32 PM
To get to Action, I take Subway -> Ferry -> SI train... takes about 2.5hrs each way (when I make the ferry).

I will look into NJ transit. Last time I went to MHS, I took a shuttle bus and was picked up by Sai.

I still have one, with SAS (old) and bad electronics. The parts are 2 years old, and I am sure pretty tweaked. I have put most of my focus into the MR015 chassis. Especially now that we dont really run AWD at Action anymore. We only run 3 classes per night now. This series is 2wd stock, 015 spec, and Nascar. Next series will be 2wd stock, 015 spec, and probably F1 70t (possibly PAN 70t).

MikeL
2008.11.03, 01:40 PM
Good point Mike, we just wanted to increase the participation with the MA010 chassis. The AWD chassis is a great chassis but, if we allowed all chassis I think most would be driving an MR02.

You can do that, I'd just call it something other than LeMans ;)

Cherub1m
2008.11.08, 09:08 AM
Hi Everyone

I know they are more Miniz MA010 (AWD) chassis lovers/owners out there, come out and represent the AWD chassis. Well, has of right now, we have 6(7)willing to participate in the race.

Philip
Maj
Junior
Sean
Willy
Sai
Roland (I haven't asked Roland yet but I think he may be interested, if he will race a Pan Car, he will race a MA010 AWD:D)

I know Eric is planning on getting an AWD if he can sell his 1/10 scale car. And Brian is a new comer that may participate. I know they are some others that expressed some interest. If anyone else is interested that live or will be in the area please let me know. Time and Date has not been set yet until we have enough participants and we all agree on a time that is best for everyone. It should be a fun race.

Old Crow
2008.11.08, 04:20 PM
I would be interested, but I need to know when. So I guess I'm a possibility.

Cherub1m
2008.11.09, 07:46 AM
I would be interested, but I need to know when. So I guess I'm a possibility.

Great Old Crow

Ill keep you posted, as well has everyone else.

k_bojar
2008.11.09, 09:17 AM
I'd be interested in this as well...

Just need to know more specifics about the date and time..

Plus - did anyone figure out how to get the LM bodies on the AWD?

Cherub1m
2008.11.09, 09:52 AM
I'd be interested in this as well...

Just need to know more specifics about the date and time..

Plus - did anyone figure out how to get the LM bodies on the AWD?

Hi K_bojar

We should have specifics on time and date soon (we should have date/time sometime next week)

The race is LeMans style so it does not have all the components of LeMans race. So we are using any ASC body I dont know of anyone yet that fit the LM bodies to an AWD, I've tried but gave up on the idea when I saw I had to cut to much around the driver area to fit the AWD chassis.

Again here are the rules:
Rules:

-MA010 chassis (AWD).
-Any stock motor capable of running in a stock am PCB (except the ATM Stock R) so you can run the box stock kyosho motor, PN 70T, Speedy 05, Speedy 07 BB, Speedy AWD, ATM Standard, ATM Stock (not Stock R), ATM AWD.
-During the heats and main you cannot change tires you can rotate them while pitting, you can however change your tires in between heats.
-You will have unlimited pitting to fix broken parts if needed and unlimited battery changes.
-Any autoscale body (ASC bodies only)
-Any Transmitter.

k_bojar
2008.11.09, 09:58 AM
Thanks

Is this solo drivers or team driving?

marc
2008.11.09, 10:55 AM
Don't forget to video tape this race! Sounds interesting. I assume this is going to be all grip style racing?

Cherub1m
2008.11.09, 11:35 AM
Thanks

Is this solo drivers or team driving?

Hi K_bojar

It's solo driver.

Don't forget to video tape this race! Sounds interesting. I assume this is going to be all grip style racing?

Hi Marc

Wow, video tape... not sure man that would be a 1.5 to 2 hour video recording of just the main not counting the heats.

marc
2008.11.09, 01:19 PM
You wouldn't have to video tape the entire thing. Just bit's here and there. :)

Cherub1m
2008.11.09, 11:35 PM
You wouldn't have to video tape the entire thing. Just bit's here and there. :)

Hi Marc

No promises, but we will see.:)

Cherub1m
2008.11.11, 08:04 PM
Hi Everyone

The event will take place at Maj's Hobby Shop, 350 Market Street, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 (PH#201-820-1347) on: Dec. 21, 2008 Doors will open at 10AM for 2 hours of practice (if you want to come earlier you can talk to Maj and work it out with him) and the event will begin promptly at 12PM.

Here are the rules once again:

-MA010 chassis (AWD).
-Any Transmitter.
-190 grams minimum weight limit

Note: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will receive a trophy in the A main. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will receive a trophy in the B Main.

I strongly recommend for the participants to bring has many chargers has they own or can pack in their bags:D.

As always its going to be a fun day of racing at MHS.

Cherub1m
2008.12.10, 04:33 PM
Hi Everyone

The event will take place at Maj's Hobby Shop, 350 Market Street, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 (PH#201-820-1347) on: Dec. 21, 2008 Doors will open at 10AM for 2 hours of practice (if you want to come earlier you can talk to Maj and work it out with him) and the event will begin promptly at 12PM.

Here are the rules once again:

-MA010 chassis (AWD).
-Any Transmitter.
-190 grams minimum weight limit

Note: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will receive a trophy in the A main. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will receive a trophy in the B Main.

I strongly recommend for the participants to bring has many chargers has they own or can pack in their bags:D.

As always its going to be a fun day of racing at MHS.

Just a reminder to everyone the time is close (Dec. 21, 2008) :D

Old Crow
2008.12.15, 04:58 PM
Won't be able to make this one, maybe next time.

Cherub1m
2008.12.20, 01:47 PM
I am sorry to say but its official. The AWD race for Sunday Dec. 21 2008 at Maj's Hobby Shop at saddle brook NJ, has been canceled due to poor weather conditions.

lugnutz
2008.12.21, 12:06 PM
it's snowing can't make it why me why ?

k_bojar
2008.12.21, 12:19 PM
it's snowing can't make it why me why ?

nothing but rain here :(

On one hand, I'm glad Philip cancelled the event

Any ideas about a makeup date?

bermbuster
2008.12.21, 01:06 PM
Im sure a new date will be posted...
most likely in February.

Cherub1m
2008.12.29, 05:46 PM
Im sure a new date will be posted...
most likely in February.

Hi Guys

I've been busy these past few weeks. Most likely they will be another date, unfortunately I wont be able to organize it maybe someone else will take the lead or Maj will post something (hint George :D).