PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Z Turkey Shootout @ ILR

Z_408
2008.10.27, 05:14 PM
Time to get your Mini-Z's out of the closet. Inside Line Racing will be hosting a Turkey Shootout. This will be a one day event. We will have three classes, novice, sportsman, and expert. 2WD and AWD cars will be in the same class. We will HANDOUT motors on race day. To ensure everything is as fair as possible, for novice and sportsman, gear ratio will be limited to 44/10. In the expert class you can run any gear ratio. Trophies will be awarded to the top 3 finishers in each class. If there is enough interest we will also run a F1 class.

Event: Mini-Z Turkey Shootout

Date: November 22, 2008

Race time: 5 pm

Race Fee: $20

phea
2008.10.27, 11:04 PM
Do we get to keep the hand out motors?

Gofast
2008.10.27, 11:29 PM
Hand out motor and gear limitation! Finally, my kind of race! I'll be there.

Z_408
2008.10.28, 12:19 AM
Do we get to keep the hand out motors?

Yes, you can keep the motor.

bcpzx3
2008.11.02, 08:13 PM
think i might have to come back to do this race

Gofast
2008.11.03, 02:21 PM
What are the gears to use in the AWD to achieve a 44/10 for novice?

Z_408
2008.11.03, 05:05 PM
think i might have to come back to do this race

What do you mean might?

Z_408
2008.11.03, 05:07 PM
What are the gears to use in the AWD to achieve a 44/10 for novice?

The lowest you can go with stock parts is 4.5 ratio. If you have ball diffs then you can go to 26 spur instead of 28.

bcpzx3
2008.11.03, 11:54 PM
lol as in put my 2wd back together and come to race :D
Been broke and lazy to rebuild/fix my 10000 cars

Steven@ILR
2008.11.12, 08:59 PM
Tony you should come back for this race. Long time no see! Moto misses you :D

yasuji
2008.11.13, 03:57 PM
will this be a tripple A main format or just a single race?

CristianTabush
2008.11.13, 04:18 PM
If you are going, you will need some SSG's Grant! Let me know!!! ;)

yasuji
2008.11.13, 04:26 PM
If you are going, you will need some SSG's Grant! Let me know!!! ;)

oh yess.....ssg baby....
hmmmmm ..... maybe ill need some awd ssgs as well.......;)

phea
2008.11.14, 12:21 AM
Right SSG's will definately help. I think we're shooting for triple A mains, i'm not too sure, Binh will have to clear that up. From what I heard theres going to be a few national level racers from nitro and 1/10 electric trying out mini-z at this event.

Grant are you planning on driving your Pan over here?

yasuji
2008.11.14, 12:39 AM
Right SSG's will definately help. I think we're shooting for triple A mains, i'm not too sure, Binh will have to clear that up. From what I heard theres going to be a few national level racers from nitro and 1/10 electric trying out mini-z at this event.

Grant are you planning on driving your Pan over here?

that is the plan.....i wonder what the handout motor is

phea
2008.11.14, 12:42 AM
The handout motor is a mystery.... Binh's not telling anyone what it is. :(

yasuji
2008.11.14, 12:44 AM
im trying to get lucas and some others to come up there as well but not sure yet:o

yasuji
2008.11.14, 12:45 AM
The handout motor is a mystery.... Binh's not telling anyone what it is. :(

will you be driving your pancar as well?

phea
2008.11.14, 12:49 AM
I'm most likely not going to race my pan. That class isnt too big over here yet, although there is a few people interested in it. I only started because of you guys at kenon. :p

Z_408
2008.11.15, 03:17 PM
Handout motor is still a mystery. We will have triple A-mains.

Z_408
2008.11.18, 06:43 PM
Only a few more days to the Turkey Shootout. Get your cars ready.

Z_408
2008.11.22, 01:00 AM
Track layout just finished. It is a scaled down version of the PN worlds track. Trophies and handout motors ready to go.

cyberdude
2008.11.22, 02:19 AM
Binh... did you try to copy the PNWC track layout? it looks a little similar with tha 180 degree turn after the straight away.. look's good. I'll be there early.. like 10 in the morning to practice with my newly tuned car.... hehehe.

Track layout just finished. It is a scaled down version of the PN worlds track. Trophies and handout motors ready to go.

cyberdude
2008.11.22, 02:21 AM
Stephen is practicing with the new track layout already?

Binh... did you try to copy the PNWC track layout? it looks a little similar with tha 180 degree turn after the straight away.. look's good. I'll be there early.. like 10 in the morning to practice with my newly tuned car.... hehehe.

yasuji
2008.11.22, 03:51 AM

damnit!!!!!sorry Binh and guys.... i am not gonna be able to make it this time.......hopefully the next one:(
i have a package coming over to ilr from reflex racing.....could you let me know if it shows up.... thanks Binh

Z_408
2008.11.22, 03:13 PM
damnit!!!!!sorry Binh and guys.... i am not gonna be able to make it this time.......hopefully the next one:(
i have a package coming over to ilr from reflex racing.....could you let me know if it shows up.... thanks Binh

No problem Grant. We will catch you next time. I just got the package. Let me know what you want me to do with it.

Z_408
2008.11.24, 09:47 PM
Congrats to all the winners of the Turkey Shoot-Out. In the Novice class we had 12 entries. I always love to see a big novice class. John from San Francisco was our winner, followed by Adrian out youngest racer, and Khanh coming in third. Tonydee just missed the podium by one point. We raced triple A-main style.

In the sportsman class, Art B showed that he was the man to beat taking the TQ spot and then winning all three mains. David Yu took the second spot and Berni finished third. There was great racing in the sportsman class with many lead changes.

In the expert class, Romel a former club28 Mini-Zer, took the top spot with 2 A-main wins and the TQ. TJ finished second and Doug Graham took third.

All in all we had 27 racers show up for Mini-Z. If you include everyones support group, we had a full house of almost 45 people. What does that mean? It means when there is a battle on the track, you can hear the crowd screaming loud. If you have never been here, the crowd is right on top of you while you race. All the racers stop and watch all the mains. I would say it is similar to a college basket ball game. It is very intense. You just have to experience it.

Thank you for everyones support. I hope everyone had a good time racing. I will get pictures up soon. Please remember at the end of the day we are just racing with toy cars, just have fun.

See you at the track.

Iron Man race is this Thursday. It is not too late to sign up. The track will open at 9 am and racing will start at 10 am. Updated list of racers:

Stephen Bui

Hung Nguyen

Khanh Nguyen

Mike Ma

Mr Coach Jose

Tony Dee

Alan A

cyberdude
2008.11.25, 05:47 AM
Binh, That was a good race.. I was just not feeling very well and still not feeling well. Hopefully by thursday, I will be alright.

Congrats to all the winners of the Turkey Shoot-Out. In the Novice class we had 12 entries. I always love to see a big novice class. John from San Francisco was our winner, followed by Adrian out youngest racer, and Khanh coming in third. Tonydee just missed the podium by one point. We raced triple A-main style.

In the sportsman class, Art B showed that he was the man to beat taking the TQ spot and then winning all three mains. David Yu took the second spot and Berni finished third. There was great racing in the sportsman class with many lead changes.

In the expert class, Romel a former club28 Mini-Zer, took the top spot with 2 A-main wins and the TQ. TJ finished second and Doug Graham took third.

All in all we had 27 racers show up for Mini-Z. If you include everyones support group, we had a full house of almost 45 people. What does that mean? It means when there is a battle on the track, you can hear the crowd screaming loud. If you have never been here, the crowd is right on top of you while you race. All the racers stop and watch all the mains. I would say it is similar to a college basket ball game. It is very intense. You just have to experience it.

Thank you for everyones support. I hope everyone had a good time racing. I will get pictures up soon. Please remember at the end of the day we are just racing with toy cars, just have fun.

See you at the track.

Iron Man race is this Thursday. It is not too late to sign up. The track will open at 9 am and racing will start at 10 am. Updated list of racers:

Stephen Bui

Hung Nguyen

Khanh Nguyen

Mike Ma

Mr Coach Jose

Tony Dee

Alan A