PDA

View Full Version : socket for FET

kendar2008
2008.10.28, 02:16 AM
Dear Atomic,

i just bought mini-z mr02, and i burn one of FET on it. so i discuss with my friend, and he said that i should look for socket for FET, so if i burn one again, i not need soldering work for it. my question was if there any socket for FET?

Thanks

herman
2008.10.30, 02:47 AM
greetings kendar2008...

and welcome to the forums...

generally the fets are soldered onto the pcb board...

and when they are burnt or fried, you replace them... by de-soldering the old fried fets, and soldering the new fets... there is no other way aroundt it...

have it done by somebody who knows how to change out fets... it should not take too much time... probably less than 10 min if done by an expert...

good luck and hope this helps...

just came back from jakarta... kuningan
where do you race over there? is there a track?

kendar2008
2008.10.30, 06:21 AM
thanks herman...it help so much...so i don't try to find any socket for it. btw...one thing again...can i find FET in electronics part store...or only on hobby shop...same as my prior quote that my friend told me to replace it for bigger FET (ohm?)...so it can stand more heat and electric shortcut...is this right?

mini-z track in jakarta in JaCC (near Grand Haytt hotel)...there's retails shop to.

Again, Thanks
kendar2008

Cherub1m
2008.10.30, 06:21 PM
Dear Atomic,

i just bought mini-z mr02, and i burn one of FET on it. so i discuss with my friend, and he said that i should look for socket for FET, so if i burn one again, i not need soldering work for it. my question was if there any socket for FET?

Thanks

I really hate soldering FETS I always have to redo something. Sockets for FETS would be so nice. Hint Hint PN, Atomic, 3Racing, and Kyosho :D.

chung3j
2008.10.30, 07:42 PM
He may mean better quality fets with stacking. You need them for higher loads, i.e. lower turn motors, more drivetrain resistance and more buffer when you stall. although there are specs for the fets, how they come out does not necessarly reflect that. Choosing is more trial and error, but so far it is generally accepted that the best are fairchild and PN's. Fairchild you can get at some hobby shops and electronics vendors, but PN's are RC Kenon exclusive

herman
2008.10.31, 02:09 AM
i've compiled some info regarding fets that you could check out... (almost forgot about that link) it's kinda old... and i think there are better fets that are available now...

i have a couple of 4562 fets in my car... works pretty good and really old school 7389 fets in older cars...

with the newer 2.4ghz cars, i think the electronics are much better than the older cars... they've got better fets (3010 against the older 4004 fets)

each fet has a spec sheet... have somebody who knows what he's doing take a look at them... some fets are better than others... (don't ask me though cause i have no idea)

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10419&highlight=fets+101

darn, grand hayatt eh? is that central, north, south, east or west jakarta?
i will take a mental note of that when and if i do get another chance to go to jakarta... thanks for the info...

p.s. maybe you can go to the tracks you mentioned and ask the guys over there... i'm pretty sure that somebody will be able to change out your fets in no time...

and while you are there, maybe you can take some pics and post them on the forums... :D how is the mini-z scene over there in jakarta?

check out another forum, it has it's own indonesian mini-z thread...
from rctech.net

http://www.rctech.net/forum/indonesia-racing/146918-mini-z-242.html

good luck

kendar2008
2008.11.01, 12:17 AM
in central jakarta...near HI...(hotel indonesia) or grand indonesia...place in tanah abang...well if you want you can contact me if you in here....

kendar2008
2008.11.01, 12:26 AM
btw...my new pcb has arived...but something still in question...there's socket for FTUN...what that stand for? i wanted to modified the old one. FET..ummm...had number on it...if i can find highger resisstant like FET works...can i put on it? or i should used origonal FET for it?...works like resistor...nice to talk to you all... for Cherub1m...thanks...and it very nice if there any socket for FET...same as you...i hate soldering process...for Herman...well a lot of plays mini-z but seem it little community in here and spread all over Jakarta. it hard to find track and spare part...that's why i wanted to build one community and start to build track...so all miniz can play again...hopefully...it still plan...cheerss

kendar2008
2008.11.10, 11:53 PM
hi...

i'm jumpering the fet to another pcb (small one)...the i pararell the feet works seem like stacking...and it work...kind a tricky for wiring from sub pcb to main pcb...

thanks,
kendar