PDA

View Full Version : 2008 November Race Schedule

svt-racer
2008.11.04, 09:08 PM
Guys, for this month, I can only be at the track on the 7th and 14th. It would be back to back weeks, but we would finish early in the month!;) The other alternative would be either a Saturday evening or Sunday during the day.

I hope everybody else can make it too on those same days, if at all possible.

Regards,
Carlos

mini-z
2008.11.05, 06:23 AM
Guys, everyone please advise on this ASAP, since the 7th is only two days away - I actually wouldn't mind doing a Sunday this month though? FYI the Dojo moved over one building to 4110, the pits and tracks are still at 4130 right now though, so please keep in mind that the first portion of the next race date will need to be spent moving things over etc. Thanks! :cool: :)

]-[ector
2008.11.06, 12:04 PM
I am flexible. But I do not want to run both races the same night.

]-[ector
2008.11.06, 02:42 PM
I would run both ways at the same time if we raced during the day.

wolfman
2008.11.06, 09:07 PM
I can make 7th and 14th.

Hippo
2008.11.07, 01:08 PM
I can do tonight, but I talked to Will this morning and we didn't think it would be today. I can call him if we're serious about tonight.

-Dan

PS David I need to talk to you about warehousing and stuff.

Hippo
2008.11.07, 02:09 PM
talked to Will. He may be able to stop by. No guarantees.

He's definitely interested in a Sunday (16th?) if it can be arranged.

mini-z
2008.11.07, 02:24 PM
Guys, I think doing tonight is too short notice for some people - honestly it's too short notice for me, I'd already planned for tonight to be spent working on the warehouse move, which in theory I could do while everyone's racing etc., but, I'd prefer doing the 14h and a Sunday (I'm thinking the 23rd, since the 16th is too close to the 14th, and the 30th is TG weekend)? :)

mini-z
2008.11.07, 02:26 PM
-[ector;322160']I am flexible.

...as evidenced by this month's issue of BI! :D :p :D

-[ector;322190']both ways at the same time

:eek:

mini-z
2008.11.07, 03:06 PM
Guys, can everyone please post to the thread just to confirm they read this/they agree that we're not racing tonight - just don't want to have to worry about people showing up at 7pm to a locked door etc. :)

onrailz
2008.11.07, 03:06 PM
I can't make it tonight. I don't even have my radio or charger even if I could. I am down for any other Fri of the month or the Sunday thing.

]-[ector
2008.11.07, 03:07 PM
Carlos forgot his password so it's up to me to declare it's on for tonight the 7th. Tell all of your friends.

mini-z
2008.11.07, 03:48 PM
-[ector;322398']Carlos forgot his password so it's up to me to declare it's on for tonight the 7th. Tell all of your friends.

J, did you read the above - it's NOT on for tonight - too short notice - first race this month will be 11/14.

]-[ector
2008.11.07, 04:08 PM
ok fine but you get to be the one to break the news to Carlos .|.. )o(

mini-z
2008.11.07, 04:32 PM
I've been txting him all day, can you make sure he's been getting my txts and understands what's going on etc.? :confused:

wolfman
2008.11.07, 04:49 PM
i am ok with not racing. If you want load stuff into my suv i can drive it to the other warehouse. Can't stay all evening.

Hippo
2008.11.07, 05:28 PM
Okay, I'm out for tonight. Who want's to call Will and let him off the hook?

]-[ector
2008.11.08, 07:07 PM
Well I raced yesterday and all of you who didn't want to show up came in DEAD LAST. I made a new trophy for you, I call it the "ZQ Gimp Collar". It comes complete with it's own leash. The requirement for winning such a prize is that it be worn for the entire following race and have your picture taken in various compromising positions with your fellow ZQ recipients.

wolfman
2008.11.08, 10:12 PM
hector u funny guy :D:Dwe know u can't run without us

mini-z
2008.11.09, 11:19 AM
So, is everybody OK w/ the 14th (Friday) and 23rd (Sunday)? :)

mini-z
2008.11.09, 11:38 AM
Btw Dojo members, please sign up for our Group:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

:)

]-[ector
2008.11.09, 02:48 PM
the 14th & 23rd is ok with me

2wdMod
2008.11.10, 02:27 PM
OK guys so where is this club at?? my son and I have been running for the last 3 winters in our base ment here in Jackson and we would like to come out and see what your race scene is like.During fair weather seasons we run outdoor dirt in the morl series and some FTMS races, and at washtenaw r/c a few times during the winter months.We would really like to get into a mini-z club for the winter time.So do we need personal transponders ?? if so what brand system do I need to buy them for??Also what classes are you guys running?? Thanks in advance for the info! C Sulski.:cool:

]-[ector
2008.11.12, 11:47 AM
2Wdmod,

We usually race near Michigan Ave. and Carpenter Rd but I hear that the track is moving. There's some guy who's on the forums a lot, his name is Mini-z something who knows all of the details. If you can find him in here somewhere he should be able to answer all of your questions.

For the timekeeping system he sometimes has transponders for sale and sometimes doesn't. There are a few loaners that can be sorted out on race day. Any parts you might need to be in compliance with our series rules can be purchased at the race from the guy who runs the place. He has a funny haircut and short attention span but should be able to help.

cvt01
2008.11.12, 10:31 PM
-[ector;323089'] He has a funny haircut and short attention span but should be able to help.

And sometimes he looks not so straight, but he is. And even if he wasn't that would be cool too.

On a side note:
Our second daughter Lara was born on the 6th. Everybody is healthy and happy. My new project is to take a picture of her every day for a year. (I would do that even if I did not call that a project but it is more fancy this way)

Some of the early tries can be found here (on one of those she is like 3 seconds old - thats how long it took me to grab the camera after she showed up on the arrival side - she is lightning fast already, unlike his daddy):
http://flickr.com/photos/20997481@N04/sets/72157608804876235/

mini-z
2008.11.13, 10:27 AM
Guys, here's the official thread - please post any questions about the move etc. to that thread:

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30091

:)

mini-z
2008.11.13, 10:30 AM
OK guys so where is this club at?? my son and I have been running for the last 3 winters in our base ment here in Jackson and we would like to come out and see what your race scene is like.During fair weather seasons we run outdoor dirt in the morl series and some FTMS races, and at washtenaw r/c a few times during the winter months.We would really like to get into a mini-z club for the winter time.So do we need personal transponders ?? if so what brand system do I need to buy them for??Also what classes are you guys running?? Thanks in advance for the info! C Sulski.:cool:

2wdMod, absolutely come check it out - I'd actually recommend that you not make this Friday your first time though, as we'll be moving all of our stuff to a new building - maybe wait for the next race once everything's back to normal etc. We have a couple of loaner transponders, and usually have them for sale, and everyone's really nice and will let you borrow theirs etc. - basically just bring whatever you have, and everyone will help you out and get you running etc. :)

mini-z
2008.11.13, 10:31 AM
-[ector;323089']2Wdmod,

We usually race near Michigan Ave. and Carpenter Rd but I hear that the track is moving. There's some guy who's on the forums a lot, his name is Mini-z something who knows all of the details. If you can find him in here somewhere he should be able to answer all of your questions.

For the timekeeping system he sometimes has transponders for sale and sometimes doesn't. There are a few loaners that can be sorted out on race day. Any parts you might need to be in compliance with our series rules can be purchased at the race from the guy who runs the place. He has a funny haircut and short attention span but should be able to help.

:eek: Wow, as you can tell, Jason is the smartass of the group! The new location is just down the street from the old - just watch our threads here for updates, directions, etc. (or go to mini-zdojo.com). :)

mini-z
2008.11.13, 10:37 AM
And sometimes he looks not so straight, but he is. And even if he wasn't that would be cool too.

On a side note:
Our second daughter Lara was born on the 6th. Everybody is healthy and happy. My new project is to take a picture of her every day for a year. (I would do that even if I did not call that a project but it is more fancy this way)

Some of the early tries can be found here (on one of those she is like 3 seconds old - thats how long it took me to grab the camera after she showed up on the arrival side - she is lightning fast already, unlike his daddy):
http://flickr.com/photos/20997481@N04/sets/72157608804876235/

:) :) :) Wow, congrats P! I am now completely freaking out about ~2/24/09 after seeing those pics though! :eek:

wolfman
2008.11.13, 10:29 PM
I will be there the 14th sunday the 23rd should be okay as well.

2wdMod
2008.11.14, 12:04 AM
2wdMod, absolutely come check it out - I'd actually recommend that you not make this Friday your first time though, as we'll be moving all of our stuff to a new building - maybe wait for the next race once everything's back to normal etc. We have a couple of loaner transponders, and usually have them for sale, and everyone's really nice and will let you borrow theirs etc. - basically just bring whatever you have, and everyone will help you out and get you running etc. :)

Cool thanks for the reply's guys. We will shoot for your next race date then.As far as gear , I was just wondering what all classes you guys were running. right now all our stuff is set up for the basic 2wd stock set-up.I-stock motors, PN pan car body. What tires work on your track there ? At home here were running 10 deg rears with 20 deg rounded fronts.I would just bring everything I might need, but i dont know how much space you have for pit areas, and to bring every thing is like a carload of stuff, so I would rather have things pretty well squared around when I get there. Any way , I look forward to checking you guys out.

mini-z
2008.11.14, 03:54 PM
2wdMod, there's plenty of space, so bring anything you want to - just to make sure it's clear though, you'll be racing at the site of the http://shop.tinyrc.com/ warehouse, so anything you don't have, you can pick up when you race! Warning: we've had people faint when they first catch a glimpse of the Wall of AutoScales! :D Here's a good starting point for tires:

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19158

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=19036

Choose the "Pick up at the next Race" option to save on Shipping. Check out the HFAY S6 manual for details of what's legal etc.:

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/PointSeries/Season6/tabid/136/Default.aspx

Thanks! :)

mini-z
2008.11.22, 12:21 PM
Here's the official thread for tomorrow's race - everyone please post if you're coming, and indicate what time you'll be there - thanks! :)

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30185

svt-racer
2008.11.22, 07:06 PM
I will be there tomorrow. What time are we starting?

mini-z
2008.11.23, 10:42 AM
Noon. :) :cool: