PDA

View Full Version : 2.4 vs AD steering

Slipstream
2008.11.11, 03:38 AM
Can those of you that have access to a 2.4 and an AD cars check the smoothness of the steering? My 2.4 turns like the old AM where you can see fairly large jumps as you slowly turn the steering. On my AD car the steering is smooth and turns in very very fine increments like a digital servo. Thanks.

Tjay
2008.11.11, 07:01 AM
On your ASF, back the steering travel down till you hear the humming/buzzing sound. Once you hear it, back it down somemore till you can't hear it anymore.

My ASF on both cars has smooth steering and throttle.

LBRC
2008.11.11, 02:31 PM
Sounds like something is not right.

Replaced an AD Band CB in one of my cars with the ASF if anything Id say the steering on the ASF is smoother.

Slipstream
2008.11.11, 06:50 PM
On your ASF, back the steering travel down till you hear the humming/buzzing sound. Once you hear it, back it down somemore till you can't hear it anymore.

My ASF on both cars has smooth steering and throttle.

Are you referring to the humming when the travel is too far? I've set it so the max turn of the radio is near the max travel of the car. There isn't any humming.

I'll bring it to your store sometime and you can look at them.

Slipstream
2008.11.11, 06:54 PM
Sounds like something is not right.

Replaced an AD Band CB in one of my cars with the ASF if anything Id say the steering on the ASF is smoother.

I have 2 ASF and they are steering the same, notchy. The AD is much smoother and actually has a slight hum much like digital servos. :confused: