PDA

View Full Version : Turkey weekend bash at the beach!

hrdrvr
2008.11.12, 10:55 AM
I know its short notice, but we are going to do some saturday afternoon racing on the 29th. Our plan is to open the doors between 10 and 11 for practice and get started on some qualifiers and heats by 1pm. We should be able to get in a good day of racing and have time for you guys a few hours away to make the run home.

There will be a $10 race fee. This covers all classes if you choose to run them all. We will have pit space and power for every one attending. We have a huge concrete area and you are welcome to bring larger RCs (and flying type) if you care to show them off or open them up.

There will be five classes.

Formula 1:
Kyosho F1 chassis
Kyosho F1 body
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) wheels. They have to be stock size and excpet stock tires
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) tires. Any rubber tires, no traction comound
Electronics and motors have no limitations
4xAAA batteries, no lithium

Mod Class:
Any 1/28th scale chassis
Any 1/28th scale body
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Rubber tires, no foams, no traction compound
Pan bodies as well as lexan are excepted

2WD Stock class:
Any 2WD 1/28th scale chassis
Any ASC body (inlcuding LM type), No pan shells, no lexan
Electronics have no limitations
Box stock (Kyosho, xmod, Iwaiver) motor, or PN70t (HFAY and PN handout are excepted) motor

AWD Stock class:
Any AWD 1/28th scale chassis
Any ASC body (inlcuding LM type), No pan shells, no lexan
Box stock (Kyosho, xmod, Iwaiver) motor, or PN70t (HFAY and PN handout are excepted) motor

LeMans Spec Class:
2wd MiniZ chassis (MR01, 015, or 02)
Kyosho LM ASC (102mm)
Kyosho LM style wheels (the ones that match the body!)
Kyosho LM tires only! They can be any grade, but must be LM specific.
Kyosho box stock motor only!

We are going to go ahead and plan to split AWD and 2WD in stock class, but combine them in mod. I dont have enough trophies made up to support 6 classes. It looks like there will be plenty of support for both stock classes.

The sign-up list so far is:

LeMans
Collin
Ed
Griffin
Hank
Mike
Shane
Spakey
Stan
Tannie

2WD Stock
Dale
Dale Jr
Eric
Hank
Landon
Matt
Serrano
Spakey
Tannie

AWD Stock
Andy
Billy
David
Eric
Everett
Hank
Landon
Matt
Serrano
Shane
Tannie

Mod
Andy
Dale
Eric
Everett
Hank
Landon
Mike
Serrano

Formula 1
Andy
Dale
Hank
Landon
Matt
Mike
Shane
Tannie

We will run two 5 minute qualifiers and 8 minute mains. There will be bump ups. We will determine how many in each class based on participation.

Sign in will be done at the track by 12pm. It would be appreciated if you posted that you are coming. The more we can expect, the better the day will go.

Just so its clear to those who havent been to our place. It is at a business location, but we have clean restrooms, heat and AC, and covered outdoor pit space.

Our group has been growing lately, and we welcome any one of any age or any skill level! Please come out to the beach for a fun run! There will be some one to race on your skill level!

The address is:
3046 Emory Rd
Myrtle Beach, sc, 29577

Parking will be in back of the bulding. Just come through the gate on the right and youll see where to go.

EDIT: Food and pit situation updated on page 4, post #47 (link).
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=325873&postcount=47

dalew2828
2008.11.12, 11:00 PM
Will the speedy 07 be used in the stock class as well.

hrdrvr
2008.11.13, 08:01 AM
WELCOME TO MZR DALE!!

To answer your question, no, the speedy07 would not be legal for stock class. I limit stock class to the PN70T or a box stock motor. It really keeps stock class very tight. It also makes for some seperation between the stock and mod class.

FWIW, a speedy07 or similar motor will probably win the mod class. Our track isnt all that huge, so there is no need for uber hot motors to get around it quick.

BTW, are you local to MB?

mleemor60
2008.11.13, 08:41 AM
Will the speedy 07 be used in the stock class as well.

Dale,
I have 70t motors if you need one. High Speed has them in stock also. The MB layout(s) tend to be technical but big fun and they are really nice people to spend time with. We should get a group up and come down. I'm going regardless. The weather is still nice, Hotels are cheap. What to heck. Their facility is just a couple miles south of 501 just a couple blocks off 17 past the airport.

dalew2828
2008.11.13, 10:25 PM
Iam from the hsh area iam going to try to come down ,me and my son an run stock and may be mod. Looking forward to racing outside hsh.

hrdrvr
2008.11.14, 07:53 AM
Ive had nothing but good experiences racing with the guys from HSH. I look forward to meeting you and your son. Maybe you can help Mike gather up a few more people to bring down :D

In the interest of some of our local racers I have decided to possibly add a class to the mix.

This class will be a LeMans spec. It will only happen if we have enough people to fill it and stock, as the classes overlap a bit.

LeMans Spec Class:
2wd MiniZ chassis (MR01, 015, or 02)
Kyosho LM ASC (102mm)
Kyosho LM style wheels (the ones that match the body!)
Kyosho LM tires only! They can be any grade, but must be LM specific.
Kyosho box stock motor only!

If we can have 6 or more in each class (not going to be a problem for stock) then I will run both classes. If not the LeMans class will be included in stock.

I must say though, LeMans class races have brought us our closest finishes and tightest battles of any class recently. Ill run both stock and LM to help fill the class, and with the few locals who are interested, we really just need a few more to commit :D

pinoyboy
2008.11.14, 04:05 PM
So far, it looks like I'll be able to make it:D I should be in for F1, pan, and stock. I might be able to make the Lemans class as well.

hrdrvr
2008.11.14, 11:26 PM
Thats awesome Hank! I cant wait to run with you again. Ill be a little more up to speed so hopefully I can give you a run for your money this time around :D

mleemor60
2008.11.15, 08:03 AM
I'll finally get to meet you too.

cosmicsoul
2008.11.15, 09:17 AM
I think the wife is warming up to the idea of spending the day at the outlets all I need is to come up with some extra money so she can shop all day. Any one looking to buy a spare Mini-Z lol:). If anyone cares I went slot car racing last night with my son we had a blast. Slot cars rock they are not as cool as Mini-z but cool. They have a perfect spot at the track for a pretty nice RCP track (my sudden facination for slots has alterior motives). Anyway as usual I hope all is well with all you kidz in Mini-Z land. Good to know about the 70 Turn motor thing gives me an excuse to set up one my three 2.4 cars that I never run.

Jay Vasquez

hrdrvr
2008.11.15, 10:09 AM
Cool Jay. I can understand how its hard to find extra money these days :roll: Hopefully she wont hurt you too bad :D

The 70t with a 2.4 board (or singe 4562s for that matter) is a quick little motor with the right battteries and gearing. FWIW, I was running the 2.4/70t combo in the F1 I drove at NexoCon. Its a very smooth linear motor too, which makes it feel a little slower. IMO, thats a good thing, as it is so easy to drive.

Also, you guys wil be suprised at how even the cars running this motor are, no matter what FETs they are running.

pinoyboy
2008.11.15, 10:23 AM
Hey Landon, it'll be fun racing with you again! I know you've been able to get use to RCP more than last time and you've been to a lot of the big races on the east coast. I think things will turn out different this time!

Jay, whats up? How is the F1 working out for you? Don't you have a Dnano as well? Make sure and bring it, we can do some laps in between heats:D

Hey Mike! Thanks for all you help when I made that trip to NC. It'll be nice to thank you in person. I'll try and make another trip HSH next year as it was fun and there were some good racers there.

As for the track, how many tiles long is the straight? I'd like to try and possibly get the correct gearing for 2wd and possibly awd

hrdrvr
2008.11.15, 05:12 PM
Hank the straight will be between 18 and 20 tiles long. I gear the AWD in the range of 17/19-29/31 for our usual layouts. If I can get a little extra track, it may end up being a very fast layout with a couple of tight sections. Otherwise, youve seen the layouts I normally post :D

Im going to start working on a design for it in the next couple of days, but Im not setting anything up until late friday night. No one will have any laps on it until Saturday morning :D

hrdrvr
2008.11.16, 09:38 AM
I drew up about 5 different layouts yessterday that all have merrit as being fun to run on. Ive got to recount some peices and make sure all of them are possible with the kits I have. Im borderline on all of them, but the goal is to use evreything Ive got :D

Also, Ive been getting a lot of questions about transponders. I will have loaner transponders for those who dont have their own GiroZ tansponders. Itll be a little tough to keep organized with people sharing, but I think Ive got a good idea about how to keep it simple. If most folks commit before the actual day, I think I can schedule it out where there is minimal hassle.

If you have your own, by all means post here the ID number. If not, Ill still take care of you on race day. The biggest help wil be if every one allready has their own connector mounted up. Ive got extra, but I dont think Ill have enough for every car for every one who is coming. The ones I have Ill loan out with a small deposit. Otherwise you can get your own for under $3 at Kenon, or $4 at Amods. I didnt see them instock at Amods, but kenon has them listed.

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281

If they are out of stock on those, there is one for $4 that has the connector for the transponder too. Those will work just the same.

http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2508

I hope the forum doesnt block the links. I would post links to tinyrc.com, but they dont carry GiroZ as far as I know.

VAzRACER
2008.11.16, 12:10 PM
I thought you guys ran core there, oh well. I will look into getting my own transponder in the next week to make things easier for you. I have been playing with the idea of getting a giro z system anyways. Do you know if the giro z software will work with Vista, I've never heard anything on it.

Is there any specific number I should get for the transponder? Or will it not matter.

Thanks

hrdrvr
2008.11.16, 01:26 PM
ll post the full list on monday, but I know number 3 or 4 would be cool. Im not sure if Zround will work with vista. Ill look and see if it says anything on the software monday.

VAzRACER
2008.11.16, 02:32 PM
Thanks, put me down for transponder 4. Thanks for checking on the software, I cant find too much on it. I might just have to shoot them an e mail to find out.

kromie101
2008.11.16, 09:58 PM
landon,i'm oredering #10,16 and 19 transponders from Amods. i just dropped the bomb on the wife of how much i was spending:eek:. but it's all good with a back rub:cool::cool::D i told her i'd take care of her;).cya

hrdrvr
2008.11.19, 10:09 AM
Wow, between the new racers, and you guys bringing your own transponders, it really limits the availability of frequencies for us (a good thing). Hopefully all of them will be in use on the 29th :D If any one else wants to purchase one for this event try and get numbers: 3, 21, 23, or 24. All others are in use or spoken for.

Last weekend I took some time and drew up some layouts. We should be able to get a fun fast techinical trackin with no problems at all. I came up with a lot of different variations of these two tracks, but this will give you guys an idea of what Im shooting for.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/11-19-2008095451am2.jpg

mleemor60
2008.11.19, 11:11 AM
Keep up the good work. Either of these would be sufficient for me become totally lost and confused.

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.19, 12:36 PM
Mike
Ditto on the confused and lost:eek:

LT
Both layouts look good and we should mention that the layout will not be set up until last thing Friday night or first thing Saturday morning of the race, so the locals will not get the advantage of extra practice.

hrdrvr
2008.11.21, 12:31 PM
Het guys. For you all coming from out of town, you can find us on google maps. Our address is apparently not registered, so directions will take you to the center of our road about a 1/4 mile down the street.

If you search google maps with the lat/lons itll show you right where we are. The coordinates are: 33.686568, -78.953612

Otherwise our address is:
3046 Emory Rd
Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577

yasuji
2008.11.21, 12:50 PM
Wow, between the new racers, and you guys bringing your own transponders, it really limits the availability of frequencies for us (a good thing). Hopefully all of them will be in use on the 29th :D If any one else wants to purchase one for this event try and get numbers: 3, 21, 23, or 24. All others are in use or spoken for.

Last weekend I took some time and drew up some layouts. We should be able to get a fun fast techinical trackin with no problems at all. I came up with a lot of different variations of these two tracks, but this will give you guys an idea of what Im shooting for.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/11-19-2008095451am2.jpg

i like the layout @ the top..... nice;)

mleemor60
2008.11.21, 02:26 PM
Het guys. For you all coming from out of town, you can find us on google maps. Our address is apparently not registered, so directions will take you to the center of our road about a 1/4 mile down the street.

If you search google maps with the lat/lons itll show you right where we are. The coordinates are: 33.686568, -78.953612

Otherwise our address is:
3046 Emory Rd
Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577

The only trick is to not miss the turn off of Hiway17S.

mleemor60
2008.11.21, 02:28 PM

If you left now you could make it. It would be really nice to see you and Kelly again.

pinoyboy
2008.11.21, 05:50 PM
Is there enough participation for separate awd and 2wd classes? Also, lemans class is strictly lemans bodies with 102mm wheelbase? I was thinking of trying a 98mm wheelbase under the body, but I can do 102mm.

hrdrvr
2008.11.22, 10:13 AM

I knew you would like the faster more flowing of the two :D Its a shame you cant make it out. I really look forward to running with you again some time. I just saw that you wont be going to the ILR race either. I hope all is well with you and the fam.

Is there enough participation for separate awd and 2wd classes? Also, lemans class is strictly lemans bodies with 102mm wheelbase? I was thinking of trying a 98mm wheelbase under the body, but I can do 102mm.

Hank, I dont know that we are going to get enough participation to divide up AWD and 2WD. MOst of the new flks from our group only have LM cars, and a couple have stock AWDs. There are a coupe of us that could run both 2wd and awd, but most of the older racers here only run AWD. It really depends on the out of town participation and who I ccan talk into tryng some things out here. If i do divide up stock class (not a lot of mod following here at all) that would force s to two qualifiers for time reasons. Adding one or two more classes may make a long day for some one like you trying to do it all in one day. Im still open for it, and I would a put a car in which ever need help getting built up :D

Everyone (even locals that get on here) please post all the classes you would run if they were available!

Assume that stock 2WD, stock AWD, mod 2WD, mod AWD, F1, and LeMans spec were all available.

As of now, there are no rules about which motor mounts or suspension you use in LM class. I dont see why you couldnt run 98mm. You are still limited to the LM wheels and tires, and a box stock motor. Otherwise go for it. You may show us the next step in LM performance, lol.

pinoyboy
2008.11.22, 10:38 AM
I'd like to get in as many races as possible, so I'd like to try and run all 6.

mleemor60
2008.11.22, 11:56 AM
2WD Mod, LMstock and F-1

yasuji
2008.11.22, 01:14 PM
If you left now you could make it. It would be really nice to see you and Kelly again.

sorry guys...hopefully ill be out there in the begining of the year;)

kromie101
2008.11.22, 06:34 PM
i'm in for LM spec class and AWD stock.

collin is LM spec

griffin is LM spec

VAzRACER
2008.11.23, 01:20 AM
I'm in for stock awd, mod 2wd and F1. I got my transponder this week, it is number 4.

If you need a filler for 2wd stock I can do that to, but I'm not planing on running it at this time.

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.23, 10:26 AM
Eric & Landon

Man, the trophies look great:D.
It makes me want to run in all classes to have some type of a chance at an "A" main, good job guys and a thanks goes out to my yard guys for the bases.
Landon
I'll sign up where you tell me to, you may need some fill in places.
It looks i will have help on the grill, so i may have more time for racing:)

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.23, 10:51 AM
Grant

Sorry you are not going to make for the Turkey Beach Bash.
But, we look foward to seeing you the first of the year, let us know in advance, if you can, so that I am not in florida.

VAzRACER
2008.11.23, 08:28 PM
I'm in for stock awd, mod 2wd and F1. I got my transponder this week, it is number 4.

If you need a filler for 2wd stock I can do that to, but I'm not planing on running it at this time.

I drove all my cars today, my 2wd mod car is just not working for me right now, I'm just not consistent enough with it. My new stock 2wd setup is on point so I'm down for that for sure. My F1 is still good. After driving my new Awd Stock car I'm going to do that class as well.

I will be running 2wd stock, awd stock, and F1.

Thanks and sorry for the change.

hrdrvr
2008.11.23, 08:44 PM
The first post has been updated with parking information, the address, and a tenative drivers list.

dalew2828
2008.11.24, 05:28 PM
i will be running 2wd stock,mod,an F1. My son is running 2wd stock.

B-main
2008.11.24, 08:16 PM
im doun for la and 2wd stock if my car comes in by then if not ill be there on the sidelines

hrdrvr
2008.11.25, 08:50 AM
^ I hope your car makes it. Is that LM and stock? Ive put you down for those tenatively. LMK if Ive got it worng :D

Drivers list updated guys!

hrdrvr
2008.11.25, 01:11 PM
Drivers list updated again!

pedrocamp
2008.11.25, 05:07 PM
This is looking like a great event, wish I could make it! Happy Thanksgiving, look forward to seeing the videos.

Pedro

kromie101
2008.11.26, 11:11 PM
just wondering if anybody that is coming this weekend from out of town might have a extra new pn -70 stock motor they wanna sell? i'm tring to run another class and i'd like to use that motor. thanks eric

mleemor60
2008.11.27, 08:18 AM
I should be able to oblige on the 70T. It isn't brand new but hasn't been run enough to be called broken in. I am bringing quite a bit of stuff that can be for sale.

hrdrvr
2008.11.27, 10:28 AM
Wish you could be here with us Pedro! I hope youre having a good thanksgiving in FL.

Eric, you may want to get Mikes extra used 70t. I may have to do some swapping to get one that runs for 8 minutes.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERY ONE!!!

I hope every one has a good one and travels safe this holliday.

kromie101
2008.11.27, 10:57 AM
thats awesome,i'm all over the motor:). i'm gonna bring a pocket of cash if your gonna have a garage sale:D.i just can't let the wife know:o lol

cya sat

B-main
2008.11.27, 11:58 AM
bring a lot of stuff im getting out of 1/8 offroad and just getting in to mini z's.im in need

hrdrvr
2008.11.27, 08:51 PM
We rearranged our conference room and a vacant office and now have indoor (heated) pit space. I've got plenty of chairs for everyone. We have electricity in the rooms, but not run to every table, so you should bring your own drop cords and power strips. All pit space is still pretty close to the parking area, so you won't have to go far with all your gear.

With my family in town for the holidays, I've contracted a grill master (my grandpa, so be nice to him! :)). He'll be cooking hot dogs and hamburgers for the most part of the day (He's my grandpa, so be nice to him! :)). Burgers will be $3 and hot dogs will be $2. We'll also have chips and drinks, so you won't have to leave the track to get food. However, if you prefer something else, there is McDonalds, Subway, KFC, and a couple other places that are relatively close.

hrdrvr
2008.11.28, 01:03 PM
Hope every one had a great holliday. We ate too much :D

Less than 24 hours to go guys and gals. It looks like its going to be a good turn-out. With this many people comig and running 5 classes there are going to be a lot of laps turned. Be ready to race! My telephone number is 843.385.3447. Any one can call if they have trouble finding the place or think you need better details than what mapquest and google can provide.

We look forward to seeing all of you tommorrow! If any one is planning on coming and hasnt posted, please let me know what classes you plan to run. The more we can plan in advance the easier itll be to get through all these races!

DAMZer
2008.11.30, 08:36 AM
Wish I had known about the race earlier, would have been perfect action for a rainy day!!

I've been out of it lately as my mom had a stroke at the end of October. Just haven't had the time and too tired to do a lot of anything.

Looks like the action has really picked up since this summer. "Build it and they will come"

I know y'all had fun yesterday and can't wait to see some pics.......John

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.30, 12:41 PM
yesterday's event was a lot fun here at the beach.:)
thank you everyone for coming and participating, and a special thanks goes out to sarah and landon for keeping everyone organized and flowing.

if anyone has any suggestions for the spring break bash, please let us know.

Daddy Rabbit
2008.11.30, 12:51 PM
John
Sorry to hear about your mother and I hope things are improving.
It was a lot of compitition going on yesterday and we wish you were here.

Tanny
Sorry you missed it also, but you and everyone else will have plenty of notice on the Spring Break Bash.
Landon will have dates in the very near future.
Hope your trip went well.

hrdrvr
2008.11.30, 02:07 PM
J, We wish you could have been here too. I've been meaning to call you for the last couple weeks to let you know, but I kept thinking that you would check the forum. I had a post in the MB thread about it a couple weeks back.

Hope things are better with your mom. I know it's tough with her so far away from you and with your busy work schedule. But you really need to squeeze in some time to come run with us! It's great stress relief! :) We have a very competitive group now, and I know you'd have fun.

Turkey Bash Recap

The event was great yesterday. A big thanks to everyone who came out and showed their support. I really enjoyed getting to run with you guys from NC and hope that you had enough fun to make the trip again sometime. I hope all the MB folks had a good time and caught the "bug" to get into a few more classes! :D It was a really long day for you guys, and most of you only ran one class. Almost all of you were there till the very end, and I really appreciate the support.

A big thanks goes out to Daddy Rabbit for manning up the grill. My grandfather was feeling under the weather and couldn't make it, but DR stepped in and took the reigns. I know you only got to run one class and you had to fight your way to the A Main, but I hope it was enough to make the day worth it for you. Thanks for all your hard work.

A majorly huge thanks goes out to my wife Sarah. Without her, it wouldn't have been possible for me to enjoy the event as much. She did a great job calling the races and barring a few small setbacks, she ran a flawless event. And again, thank you, thank you, thank you. :D

It was a learning experience for us, and I think overall everything ran pretty smoothly. With 5 classes and the participation we had, we ended up running a total of almost 3 hours of racing. Even with a few racer delays, computer difficulties, re-sort/re-shuffle time, short lunch and dinner breaks, and an awards/pictures ceremony, most everyone was out of there by 9:00. We managed to accomplish a lot in one day, and I appreciate everyone's support, patience, and cooperation throughout the day. Everyone kept a level head, and we had a great atmosphere with intense competition. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.

As far as racing goes, Hank (pinoyboy) had pretty much untouchable cars all through qualifying and for a better part of the mains. He started on pole in every A Main and was the undisputed Top Qualifier. He also snatched up a silver and a bronze to go with his 3 gold trophies. Matt (VAzRACER) had a great showing and walked away with a bronze, a silver, and a gold for the 3 classes he raced. I had a tough time chasing the two of them all day, but I got my fair share of trophies too! :D

Race Rundown:

Local racers really showed their stuff in Le Mans class. We had 2nd through 5th on the starting grid in the A Main. Hank had the pole, of course. :rolleyes: He ended up lapping the field. Monty took 2nd, a lap ahead of 3rd. Only seconds separated Shane, KB, and Collin, in a close battle that was great to watch. In the end, Shane took home the bronze after winning the bump-up from the B.

Hank was completely untouchable in Mod class. His red Enzo was hooked up beyond belief, and no one could keep up with it. He was beating my AWD in all areas of the track, but I managed to hang on to 2nd place. Eric (kromie101) got his trophy by finishing 3rd, and Daddy Rabbit was a lap behind in 4th. It was a good showing for Daddy Rabbit to make the A, as he had a hard-fought battle all through qualifying and in the B Main with Dale (dalew2828) to get the bump-up.

2WD Stock was an awesome race. This class was the most evenly matched and even after 2 good qualifying runs, I had to bump up from the B just to race with these guys. There were times in the race where it looked like either Matt, Hank, or I could come away with the victory. Two-thirds through the race, Hank and I were having a great battle, but Matt closed in and overtook both of us. He held onto it and took home the gold. Hank finished 2nd, with me following. It was Eric's first time running a 2WD stock car, and he proved he's going to be a contender in this class on our local track!

Hank had a blisteringly fast F-1 car and was miles ahead of the field coming into the A. Matt and I were both real confident in our cars and felt like we had something to prove. Hank came out the gates with the lead, and yet again, Matt and I gave chase. It was another hard-fought battle, from which I claimed the spoils. :D Matt ended up 2nd, with Hank in 3rd. Dale had a good showing, setting the fastest lap of the day at 6.55 after getting bumped up from the B. This was another one that wasn't decided until the last lap, which was exciting and seemed to spark a lot of interest in F1 among the locals. :D

In AWD Stock, Hank was very fast... yet again. :rolleyes: And again, Matt and I were determined to get our cars as fast as his. We were all pretty close to the same pace, but Hank's was slightly faster, and he came away the victor. I managed to stay in front of Matt to get my second silver of the day. Matt trailed in 3rd by less than a lap, to grab his 3rd and final trophy of the day. Eric finished 4th after winning the bump-up from the B.

The B Mains had a lot of tight racing as well. After bump-ups, Jay and Mike took home several certificates, and Dale and Rylan grabbed a few too.

Our main goal was to have fun, and I hope we accomplished that. Despite the hard work, I had a great time and look forward to our next event. Thanks again to everyone who participated. It wouldn't have been anything without all of you. It's great having the different clubs get together like this, and we should defnitely do it more often. I'd like for us to be able to have multi-club events like this on a regular basis, so if anyone has any ideas on how we can make that happen, or make it easier for travelers, let me know. Any other feedback on the event is welcome as well.

I'll have pictures and videos up by early next week.

hrdrvr
2008.11.30, 02:11 PM
Also, I am missing a transponder. If you have it, please let me know!

briankstan
2008.11.30, 04:16 PM
sounds like a great time, We need to have more races like that, but here in Utah we are so isolated form everywhere. I think the closest club is in phoenix and that it still quite a drive at 10-1/2hrs.

mleemor60
2008.11.30, 08:50 PM
It is good to welcome Landon and family into the ranks of those that have held their first large scale event. From where I sat it was a resounding success. Everything ran smoothly everybody was helpful and cooperative in moving the event along. They showed themselves capable of hosting events of an even larger magnitude. The CFI group in particular and the Myrtle Beach group in general appear to be ready for breakout growth and soon will be an east coast destination for Z racers looking for a vacation in the sand.

The food was good the fellowship was even better with another round of putting faces and names to "screen names". I am proud to have competed with this group and will go out of my way to do it again.

If I can find any fault at all it would be in the area of the thanks that Landon gave to Sarah for her efforts. As usual guys we can't get the job done without them. They don't like the time or money we spend on the hobby but when the chips are down the wives and girl friends make the sacrifices that are needed to see that everything goes as it should. This event would have been extremely tough without Sarah just as the Nekocon would have been without Maya and our own Diablo run would have been without my wife Debbie. Three cheers for Sarah and all the girls that help us make it happen and remember Landon, I was the witness.

GREAT JOB GUY'S SEE YOU IN THE SPRING.

pinoyboy
2008.11.30, 10:35 PM
Thanks for putting an awesome event together! It was also nice to meet everyone! I enjoyed running all the classes, a little hectic and tiring, but the good things out weighed them both. Is it to early to register for the spring event?:D

cosmicsoul
2008.12.01, 10:00 AM
Had a great time!!!! Sorry I didn't stick around for the awards, had to take the wifey out for dinner. Congratulations to everyone. Thanks to everyone who put on the event Momma Rabbit, Daddy Rabbit, Grandbaby Rabbit, Landon and the MVP of the event SARAH(way to go!!!!) Thanks everyone for having so much patience with me, technical difficulties and otherwise(if I annoyed or offended anyone my apologies). FYI I did turn in my #14 transponder. I enjoyed running all five classes. My only regret is not setting up my cars before the day of the event. Well it was great meeting every one Hank and Matt it was great seeing you all again. And to the rest of the MB crew it was great racing with and meeting you all. See you soon! Have a great Christmass Holiday and a Happy New YeaR!!!!!!!!!!

jAY

Ed Roberts
2008.12.01, 10:51 AM
Had a great time also.

Thanks Hank for all the info about Mini Z, now I just have to get the driving down.

I was using transponder #12 for the main and turn it in at the end of the race. I also checked with Stan and he said he turned his in also. I hope you find it.

Later,

hrdrvr
2008.12.01, 11:33 AM
Brian, we are lucky to have two active clubs within 4 hours of each other. The problem is, 4 hours makes it tough to do anything other than saturday racing, and neither of us race regularly on saturdays. We are going to have to change that though. Pedro and I are so closely matched that we need to get together more often. Up at Nkon, my dad found a rival in Earl as they were battling for all the B main wins. He found a new HSH guy (Dale) to rival this past weekend. We need to build on these challenges and get more folks involved in similar situations. I know my dad is going to be looking out for Dale and Earl when we make it up to the next Diablo, lol.

Mike, Thanks a lot for the kind words. Sarah will get her payment in full, and then some. I got started on a payment plan last night. Since Im going in installments, she is pretty much doubling it up for interest :D

Jay, Ill be honest, we went a little too long on your first hold up. I was right there with you though, and know the frustration you were going through. In hindsight, you should have probably forfitted that Q round and just made it up in round 2. It was just a bad circumstance though. When I looked at the car and saw the loose wire, I was like cool, we got this allready. Then something else went wrong. Again, it was something that looked like we could have it fixed in just a couple seconds, but it took longer than expected. All-in-all a couple of people may have gotten frustrated, but Ill say this, it didnt stop me from having a good time :D I was in a similar situation once up in PA at the PNWC. Phillip elected to give me the time to go swap out a spun diff in an AWD. If he can hold up 35 poeple waiting for me over a Q round when we were running three, then I didnt feel it was all that bad to hold up 15 when you only got two shots at qualifying with each car. Its always a pleasure to have you around. Next time we get to run together, lets really try and take some time to work on your AWD. It was tough with me trying to help the event along, and you had your hands full with 5 classes. Next time lets make the time!

Ed, Thanks a lot for coming and staying til the end. Thanks for double checking with Stan, but I think Ive got it narrowed down to who had the 'ponder last :D

Which brings me to the next thing :D Dale, I know you turned your transponder in from your last race, but could you check with Rylan? We were missing transponder number 12. It was last registered to Ed and Rylan, but Rylan ran his main (2wd) after Ed (LM). Maybe he forgot to take it back off, or it ended up in one of y'alls pit boxes. Id appreciate it if you double checked for me, and let me know if you run across it.

Thanks for alll the feedback! Again it was great getting to race with all of you guys! I look forward to the next south east event! Dale, and Matt, let us know you made it home safe!

hpgod
2008.12.01, 12:12 PM
hank
good job.
I look forward to giving you another hard run back home in Atlanta this week.

2EZ
2008.12.01, 12:49 PM
I am truely sorry to have missed all the fun but my prior plans for Thanksgiving kept me from being there. hope to make the next one.
Tannie

dalew2828
2008.12.01, 06:46 PM
Sorry to say it was in his car like he said it wasnt ,i will mail it to you . Any way thanks for the good time we had a blast just wish i could beat daddyrabbit LOL:D,next time. There are plenty of good drivers down there so i will have to work harder to beat any of you guys, DADDYRABBIT" thanks for letting rylan run your lm he really liked it a lot,it was great meating every one hope to do it again in the spring.

dale&rylan:D

hrdrvr
2008.12.01, 06:50 PM
hank
good job.
I look forward to giving you another hard run back home in Atlanta this week.

I look forward to getting a little more redemption from him on y'alls home soil next week :D This was the second time I got to run with him. Last time he waxed me bad. This time I at least had a respectable showing :D

I am truely sorry to have missed all the fun but my prior plans for Thanksgiving kept me from being there. hope to make the next one.
Tannie

We had a blast. Im totally sorry you couldnt make it, but it must have been nice seeing your family. Ill have videos and pictures posted tommorrow (no promises :D).

VAzRACER
2008.12.01, 06:55 PM
I also have to say this was a great event, great racing and great people. Hrdrvr, thanks alot for putting this together and I cant wait for spring break to get here for the next one. You have alot of good drivers down that way and alot more who are working their way up the ladder quickly.

I am going to be down there again between x-mas and new year, let me know if you guys will have any club races in that time and I will bring my stuff down there and have some more fun.

Thanks again.

Matt

pinoyboy
2008.12.01, 07:30 PM
I look forward to getting a little more redemption from him on y'alls home soil next week :D This was the second time I got to run with him. Last time he waxed me bad. This time I at least had a respectable showing :D

Sounds good man! Maybe I'll have a little better luck on the home track with the F1. I'll also get my 2wd stock car out thats made for the home track, the mclaren was put together just for the Turkey bash;):p

Do you also plan on putting up some of the qualifer and main results with the times? I didn't have that much time to compare the differences with all the classes.

Matt, it was nice meeting and racing with you! All your cars looked like they hooked up really well. I may have to ask you for F1 setup advice!

hrdrvr
2008.12.01, 08:56 PM
Dale, I guess you posted while I was typing that last reply. It was good talking to you. Thanks for sending the transponder back. Again, no worries and no rush on that! :)

I am going to be down there again between x-mas and new year, let me know if you guys will have any club races in that time and I will bring my stuff down there and have some more fun.

I'm sure there'll be some kind of club racing going on, I'm just not sure what or when yet. I'll let you know when the time gets closer, but you can definitely plan on bringing a couple cars! :D

Sounds good man! Maybe I'll have a little better luck on the home track with the F1. I'll also get my 2wd stock car out thats made for the home track, the mclaren was put together just for the Turkey bash;):p

Do you also plan on putting up some of the qualifer and main results with the times? I didn't have that much time to compare the differences with all the classes.

You don't need any better luck with the F-1! :D

Your Maclaren was hooked up. I'm scared of your real stock car! :)

I'll see if I can get the results into a form that can be easily posted. I'll also have the pictures and some videos up tomorrow for you to check out.

kromie101
2008.12.01, 09:28 PM
me and the boys had a great time. i don't care what landon said ,sarah you did an awesome job:p:D. landon you did a good job to but sarah was better:D good job on all your winnings.oooo yeah a big shout out goes to mama donna for watching little norah:cool:.daddy rabbit what can i say YOU DA MAN.you keep us fat guys full (me) lol. THE CFI CREW DID AN AWESOME JOB.THANKS AGAIN.

it was good to meet all the new peeps. some fast guys out there:cool:.

matt, thanks for letting me pick your brain about the cars.class act racer. he even thanked me when i let him buy:cool:. cya soon

hank,awesome job on the wins.i think i picked your brain a lilltle also thanks.

i think everybody thanked me for letting them by:D.real good group of racers. thats how it should be:).

it's awesome to see the LM spec class was the biggest class their at the race.it makes for tight racing,except for hank:p LOL. i wish more tracks or the big events had this class.it gave my 11year old a chance to battle with the fast guys and still be competitive:). thanks for having that class landon.

see you guys soon,eric

Daddy Rabbit
2008.12.02, 12:53 PM
Dale,
It was nice meeting and racing with you guys.
Next time I will have someone else cooking, so that I can race more classes with you, Mike, Jay and hopefully Earl.
Again thanks for coming and tell Rylan thanks for finding that transponder:)
I'll see you guys at the next Diablo or the Spring Bash, which ever comes first.

hrdrvr
2008.12.02, 03:09 PM
Still working on results and vidoes. Its looking like tommorrow on the videos. I have almost all of them done, but Id like to get 'em all in one post :D

Here are the pics of the folks who stuck around for the awards. Most of the B-Main guys jetted after their mains, so some of the podiums look a little skimp.

LM B-main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00966.jpg
Ed and Rylan

Mod B-main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00967.jpg
Dale

2WD B-main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00968.jpg
Dale and Rylan

F1 B-Main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00969.jpg
Shane

AWD B-Main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00970.jpg
Shane

I have to split into two posts because of the pic limt :(

A-Mains to follow.

hrdrvr
2008.12.02, 03:09 PM
LM A-Main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00971.jpg
Shane, Hank, and Monty

Mod A-Main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00972.jpg
Eric, Hank, and Landon

2wd A-main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00973.jpg
Landon, Hank, and Matt

F1 A-Main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00974.jpg
Hank, Landon, and Matt

AWD A-Main
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00975.jpg
Matt, Hank, and Landon

And finally a pic of Hank with all his trophies, including the coveted black TQ trophy that every one wanted :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Bash%20at%20the%20beach%202008-11-29/DSC00976.jpg

hrdrvr
2008.12.04, 10:08 AM
Here we go with the videos!

Of course, in typical fashion I didnt record the first race of the day (LeMans B-main). I also missed the beginning of the F1 A-main, and the entire mod A-main. Other than that, here are the races in the order the were run!

Mod B-main (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=bQiRt9kS7Sk)

2wd B-main (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=j4v2qAaGS24)

F1 B-main (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=aVaAVT9ao2c)

AWD B-main (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=W3YDmKsnRJ0)

LeMans A-main (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zAEN33emn5Q)

2wd A-main (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAqcM06Hcw)

F1 A-main (- the first three minutes) (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=kEDYBxfNpJ4)

AWD A-main (http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=I3-WXULa-UU)