PDA

View Full Version : Which TX

skyler
2008.11.15, 11:23 AM
Is the Ko EX10 worth the xtra $ over the EX1UR? Or should I just stick with the KT-18?

herman
2008.11.16, 10:29 PM
depends on lots of things...
don't have either, but it do have a m8...

having a programmable tx will give you more options to adjust certain functions to your liking...

i suggest to try one or both out to see if it's really for you...

JacobFeinstein
2008.11.16, 11:48 PM
I personally have an EX-1 UR and I chose it because it suits me ergonomically. I like it more than the EX-10 simply because its a more compact radio, but the electronics in both radios (at least the newest URs and newest Helios) are identical.

EMU
2008.11.17, 12:12 AM
I like the feel of the Helios better than the UR. Although, I havent given the UR much wheel time. If I were to recommend one over the other, it would be the UR due to the price point and 30 model memory.

Jacob, are you positive that the newest EX-10 has the same electronics as the EX-1UR? I have been thinking about getting an expansion for my Helios, but may consider selling it to get one of the newest versions if it does.

I would choose the radio that feels the best to you. There are ways to use the KO modules with other radios (Futaba, Airtronics). If you are not comfortable with the radio, you wont be comfortable with any car.

skyler
2008.11.17, 02:26 PM
I like the feel of the Helios better than the UR. Although, I havent given the UR much wheel time. If I were to recommend one over the other, it would be the UR due to the price point and 30 model memory.

Jacob, are you positive that the newest EX-10 has the same electronics as the EX-1UR? I have been thinking about getting an expansion for my Helios, but may consider selling it to get one of the newest versions if it does.

I would choose the radio that feels the best to you. There are ways to use the KO modules with other radios (Futaba, Airtronics). If you are not comfortable with the radio, you wont be comfortable with any car.

Thanks to ALL for their answers.

Hekyl
2008.12.02, 01:54 PM
The old school design of the UR just feels right. It fits well and love the many great features like adjusting the amount of wheel travel. I picked up a buddy's EX-10 and looks like I should be pointing it at someone and pulling the trigger. In terms of balance the UR seems to place the weight more on the bottom. BTW these radios are under 200.00 dollars now.