PDA

View Full Version : LeMans Style AWD Race At MHS

Cherub1m
2008.11.16, 04:23 PM
Hi Everyone

The event will take place at Maj's Hobby Shop, 350 Market Street, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 (PH#201-820-1347) on: Dec. 21, 2008 Doors will open at 10AM for 2 hours of practice (if you want to come earlier you can talk to Maj and work it out with him) and the event will begin promptly at 12PM.

Here are the rules once again:

-Two 5min. qualifiers and 500 lap mains.
-MA010 chassis (AWD).
-Any stock motor capable of running in a stock am PCB (except the ATM Stock R) so you can run the box stock kyosho motor, PN 70T, Speedy 05, Speedy 07 BB, Speedy AWD, ATM Standard, ATM Stock (not Stock R), ATM AWD.
-Any PCB with or without upgraded fets. No aftermarket ESC and RX.
-During the heats and main you cannot change tires you can rotate them while pitting, you can however change your tires in between heats.
-You will have unlimited pitting to fix broken parts if needed and unlimited battery changes.
-You can only run the MA010 chassis you ran the heats with
-Any autoscale body (ASC bodies only)
-Any Transmitter.
-190 grams minimum weight limit

Note: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will receive a trophy in the A main. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will receive a trophy in the B Main.

I strongly recommend for the participants to bring has many chargers has they own or can pack in their bags.

Please post or msg me if you are interested.

As always its going to be a fun day of racing at MHS.

Cherub1m
2008.11.16, 04:36 PM
So Far these are the participants:

List for the AWD LeMans style race is still growing.

-Philip
-Maj
-Junior
-Sean
-Willy
-Sai
-Roland (If I get his AWD handling very well without the SAS Pro he may race:eek:)
-George
-Old Crow (will let us know 2wks before the race)
-k_bojar (Has to many obligation around the holidays most likely wont come)
-Eric (anyone wants to buy a 1/10 scale rc from him so he can get an AWD:D)

bermbuster
2008.11.16, 07:06 PM
I got my secret weapons for the awd lemans race.....
here is a hint SE

JuniorWKR
2008.11.17, 07:51 AM
here is a hint SE

Secret Weapon.... for 500 laps im still tryin to figure out how to do autopilot on my remote.... i figure its gonna take anywhere from 1hr 15mins to 1hr 45mins... im thinkin of overdosing on ritalin and ginko biloba before the race...

Cherub1m
2008.11.17, 08:17 AM
Secret Weapon.... for 500 laps im still tryin to figure out how to do autopilot on my remote.... i figure its gonna take anywhere from 1hr 15mins to 1hr 45mins... im thinkin of overdosing on ritalin and ginko biloba before the race...

Junior, you know there is a mandatory drug test before the race:D.

George Secret Weapon? Hmm... SE What is that?

JuniorWKR
2008.11.17, 08:19 AM
Junior, you know there is a mandatory drug test before the race:D.

LOL... im gonna have to bring in some outside piss... or that garunteed to pass synthetic stuff from japan...

JuniorWKR
2008.11.18, 09:02 AM
here is a hint SE

Let me guess someone is hand winding u a motor to get alot of run time?...

JuniorWKR
2008.11.18, 10:48 AM
Philip, whats with the rule of only bein able to run stock motors?.....

Cherub1m
2008.11.22, 11:42 AM
Hi Everyone

The event will take place at Maj's Hobby Shop, 350 Market Street, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 (PH#201-820-1347) on: Dec. 21, 2008 Doors will open at 10AM for 2 hours of practice (if you want to come earlier you can talk to Maj and work it out with him) and the event will begin promptly at 12PM.

-MA010 chassis (AWD).
-Any stock motor capable of running in a stock am PCB (except the ATM Stock R) so you can run the box stock kyosho motor, PN 70T, Speedy 05, Speedy 07 BB, Speedy AWD, ATM Standard, ATM Stock (not Stock R), ATM AWD.
-During the heats and main you cannot change tires you can rotate them while pitting, you can however change your tires in between heats.
-You will have unlimited pitting to fix broken parts if needed and unlimited battery changes.
-Any Transmitter.

Note: 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th will receive a trophy in the A main. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd will receive a trophy in the B Main.

I strongly recommend for the participants to bring has many chargers has they own or can pack in their bags.

Philip, whats with the rule of only bein able to run stock motors?.....

Hey Junior

Well, Maj and I thought it would be best to have the same motor rules for this race has the current rules for the AWD class. Also, with these motor choices the cars are very fast and easier to control, which translate into better, faster driving and less broken parts (currently my Atomic stock in my AWD is very fast). However, it is still Maj's final decision to change the motor rule if you wishes.

JuniorWKR
2008.11.22, 01:15 PM
Hey Junior

Well, Maj and I thought it would be best to have the same motor rules for this race has the current rules for the AWD class. Also, with these motor choices the cars are very fast and easier to control, which translate into better, faster driving and less broken parts (currently my Atomic stock in my AWD is very fast). However, it is still Maj's final decision to change the motor rule if you wishes.

i have my own ideas on racing this race... i just felt that maybe we were takin away someones decision to run faster and do more battery changes... in the end its still the first one to 500... i personally think that if we all run stock motors we will all be racing the same race and will come down to driving... and like always the best driver will win... i feel thats my advantage to this race... i also feel that we arent givin some of the other guys with lesser driving skills a chance to compete using the tuning knowledge and tricks...

bermbuster
2008.11.22, 01:26 PM
im on my way to majs...
im ready to start tuning my awd....
Lemans will never be the same....:D

JuniorWKR
2008.11.22, 01:55 PM
im on my way to majs...
im ready to start tuning my awd....
Lemans will never be the same....:D

Good Luck.... Mr. SE.....

Cherub1m
2008.12.11, 01:46 PM
Hi Everyone

-MA010 chassis (AWD).
-Any Transmitter.

Just a reminder, the AWD race is in Dec, 21 2008. Look above for details.

Cherub1m
2008.12.20, 01:45 PM
I am sorry to say but its official. The AWD race for Sunday Dec. 21 2008 at MHS Hobbies has been canceled due to poor weather conditions.

Cherub1m
2008.12.29, 05:48 PM
Hi Guys

I've been busy these past few weeks. About the AWD race. Most likely they will be another date, unfortunately I wont be able to organize it, maybe someone else will take the lead or Maj will post something (hint George :D).

Scrapper
2008.12.29, 05:56 PM
i might be interested id have to set up my awd

JuniorWKR
2009.01.19, 11:25 AM
cricket... cricket... cricket...