PDA

View Full Version : traction roll prob!

rickyb
2008.11.17, 08:25 PM
please help me make it stop?:confused:

okoye
2008.11.17, 08:47 PM
lower the center of gravity....in other words lower it and most likely change the body

ProfoxCG
2008.11.17, 09:01 PM
use a harder tire in the front..
can you tell us what you setup is and the surface you are driving on?
keep in mind that my RCP setup doesnt work at ALL on the floor tiles in my house.

;)

rickyb
2008.11.18, 03:45 PM
how can i lower the center of gravity? the body obviasly,but how to lower the chassis cog?

ProfoxCG
2008.11.18, 03:59 PM
Tell us where you're driving it.
to lower the CG you need to use shims on the lower part of the knuckles

rickyb
2008.11.18, 04:50 PM
i race at my house on a 18x14 rcp track. if i use laydown springs in the front with shims under the knuckles. but what aboutthe rear?

herman
2008.11.18, 07:35 PM
you're better off changing the tires to a harder compound up front like what profoxcg suggested... it'll turn out cheaper and it will be a whole lot easier to do.. you'll have to experiment though as to finding what compound will work best for you.... hope this helps and good luck :D

rickyb
2008.11.18, 08:25 PM
thanks for your replies:D

EMU
2008.11.18, 10:34 PM
Use low profile tires (3Racing AWD narrow tires are a good starting point), shim the knuckles, shim the motormount (if no differential height adjustment on the mount), shim the front body clip lower (this will also raise the rear of the body slightly which allows the wheels to articulate without rubbing the body).

Make sure that the tires are not contacting the body when the suspension is loaded. That will cause an instant flip... An easy way to check if the tires are hitting is to put pencil on the body above where the wheels are and see if it gets worn off when driving (white out is a good substitute, wait for it to dry before testing).

What body are you using, what wheel offsets, tires, suspension setup?

I true my tires to lower the profile on my 015. Allows the chassis to be lowered, and the body can be lowered more since there is more clearance from the smaller profile tires.

JuniorWKR
2008.11.19, 08:20 AM
on my 015 im runnin aw 40 grooves up front with 2.0 degrees of camber and having great success. the other thing im doing is shimming down the front clip that holds the body on... if u put shims between the chassis and the clip it will lower the body... put as many as u can before the tires rub... i like doin this instead of shimming the suspension... also if u still find that ur traction rollin glue the sidewalls and run a small bead over the edge... what this will do is keep the tire from rollin and it will make the tire push under extreme conditions... doin this with the aw40 grooves gives u the best of both worlds... u can have all the traction u need without rollin... also on my 015 i run one step softer on the t-plate to take some of the pressure off the front of the car... but in return i run a 1 step thicker oil on the top plate to slow the car back down...

rickyb
2008.11.19, 04:25 PM
great responses!!!!!!

herman
2008.11.19, 07:49 PM
hey dude... what body and tires are you using?
:D

EMU
2008.11.20, 12:54 AM
I am currently using the R32 Skyline. I used to use the 350Z a lot, since it is very light. The R32 allows a little more clearance front and rear, although it is about 10g heavier than the 350z. With the 350z I could only run narrow rear tires comfortably. The R32, I can fit wide rears.

I am going to be trying a few new bodies soon...

herman
2008.11.20, 08:54 PM
cool emu... :D

rickyb... what body / tires do you run?

marc
2008.11.22, 06:41 PM
i race at my house on a 18x14 rcp track. if i use laydown springs in the front with shims under the knuckles. but what aboutthe rear?

For the rear you could remove the spacer, but that might make it too low to do any good. I think the suspension setting kit that Kyosho sells might work on MR01, I'm getting it for my MR15 and I think it's specifically MR02 and MR15, but might work on MR01 as well, will try when I get it and let you know.
You might also want to consider getting the tripple roll shocks they made for the MR01 as well. The tripple roll shock consists of the top shock, and the two side shocks. This usually helps with traction roll's I think.

EMU
2008.11.23, 01:03 AM
R32 Skyline was a little too top heavy. Today I tried the 250 GTO, on the same chassis as the R32 and 350z were using with no adjustments (shaved rear wheel wells a little for clearance). It had a little less steering (still enough for a pretty tight track), but less body roll and was smoother in the corners. I think I traction rolled maybe once or twice tonight. One disadvantage is that the lower part of the body is curved, so contact with other cars will tend to lift the 250GTO, so I am still going to continue my search for the best 015 body. The Chrysler 300 is a big hit at the local track, I did win a championship season with it, but it doesnt really fit my driving style. I cant drive it aggressively enough.

I would choose a disc damper setup with top shock over the triple shock. To lower the rear of the car, you can use the Kyosho spacer set that Marc reffered to. Or you can use a broken Kyosho carbon t-plate between the t-plate and the motormount..

rickyb
2008.11.23, 09:25 AM
hey guys i changed the bod. to the 350z and put on the susp. part with 2 vert shocks, def. helped a lot. just widening the wheels made all the dif. in the world..

Hekyl
2008.12.02, 08:13 AM
Traction rolling occurs when the tire starts to flip inside out. A light bead of glue on the outside edge (sidewall) works well for me. Remove your tire and see if there are sign of dirt on the outer edge, if so this will remedy your problem... it has for me.

EMU
2008.12.02, 08:15 PM
Traction rolling occurs when the tire starts to flip inside out. A light bead of glue on the outside edge (sidewall) works well for me. Remove your tire and see if there are sign of dirt on the outer edge, if so this will remedy your problem... it has for me.
So, what do you do to remedy the traction rolling if the tires are already glued and it is rolling? Glueing helps, but tire peeling off the wheel is not allways the problem.

ProfoxCG
2008.12.02, 08:33 PM
depends on the chassis, for an Ma01, usually more camber in the rear helps.
for an Mr02 I would try harder springs in the front, or a higher tire compound in the rear (all around)

rickyb
2008.12.03, 03:57 PM
theres no way to add camber to the rear?

EMU
2008.12.03, 05:09 PM
On the MA010 there is, which is what he wrote :p

eztuner12
2008.12.14, 08:51 PM
please help me make it stop?:confused:

Have you try painting the tires sidewalls with CA glue. I had passed on this old tip to others and voila traction roll gone. If not go ahead and try it, it may help you too.
Hope it does.:)
Cheers
;)