PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MaHa advice...

cowboysir
2008.11.20, 01:59 PM
Hey guys,

Long story short, i just got a Maha 9000 and I'm pretty stoked about it. I don't have a manual with it so i'm curious about a few things:

1. I understand what each catagory does except for refresh/anaylze catagory is all about...is that used for checking what the cell condition is or can that catagory be used for repeaking?

2. I plan on transfering all my typical charge rates for my cell brands from my "bulk" setup but if I plan on using the discharge feature can I transplant the ATM discharge tray rates to a similar rate on the Maha?

3. to rebuild capacity in older cells (if I can) is there a standard number of cycles i should shoot for?

I'm sure I'll have questions about the charger as i go but I'll start with these for now.:D

Quick (and probably stupid) battery question: When I go about "matching" my cells into packs/groups of four, am I shooting for just mAh or am i going for voltage and as near a mAh as possible?

Thanks for your help...and I hope that no one minds me asking questions that have probably been asked before.:D

JuniorWKR
2008.11.20, 03:53 PM
Hey guys,

Long story short, i just got a Maha 9000 and I'm pretty stoked about it. I don't have a manual with it so i'm curious about a few things:

1. I understand what each catagory does except for refresh/anaylze catagory is all about...is that used for checking what the cell condition is or can that catagory be used for repeaking?

2. I plan on transfering all my typical charge rates for my cell brands from my "bulk" setup but if I plan on using the discharge feature can I transplant the ATM discharge tray rates to a similar rate on the Maha?

3. to rebuild capacity in older cells (if I can) is there a standard number of cycles i should shoot for?

I'm sure I'll have questions about the charger as i go but I'll start with these for now.:D

Quick (and probably stupid) battery question: When I go about "matching" my cells into packs/groups of four, am I shooting for just mAh or am i going for voltage and as near a mAh as possible?

Thanks for your help...and I hope that no one minds me asking questions that have probably been asked before.:D

For the older cells send them through the breakin cycle twice (takes 36 hrs each time...

refresh analyze is a simple charge... rest... discharge... rest... charge... where u can set the charge and discharge rates... after ur done refreshing mark the batteries 1 - 4 before takin them out and right down the stats i.e. voltage and mah... this will help u in grouping ur batteries when ur done...

With the charger refresh ur bateries once a month and send them through the break in once every 3 months if ur doin ur standard once a week race with a day or two of practice...

Remeber on the break in mode u set the batteries mah capacity...

as far as matching try to make both volt and mah as close as possible... this will give the best results... u can also put together very good practice sets also by taking ur lower voltage ones and putting them together with the higher mah read outs... this will give u less punch and greater run time...

Skv012a
2008.11.28, 01:06 PM
im getting one of these myself and my question is, what is the optimal quick charge setting that would cut the time in at least half and not overheat or damage the cells?

bermbuster
2008.11.28, 06:36 PM
im getting one of these myself and my question is, what is the optimal quick charge setting that would cut the time in at least half and not overheat or damage the cells?

you just toss in the cells and make no adjustment....it charges the cells at 1 amp which means a 900mah pack will charge a fully spent cell in less than an hour. This is pretty much a safe charging rate. You want to be careful if your using the new sho 750s they may vent with this setting.

Skv012a
2008.11.29, 11:42 AM
And the 1hr charge won't shorten the batteries' lives or anything like most 15 minute ones since this guys has all the safeties, correct?

JuniorWKR
2008.11.30, 01:13 PM
And the 1hr charge won't shorten the batteries' lives or anything like most 15 minute ones since this guys has all the safeties, correct?

that is correct... and this charger is the best for the 750's when charged on the soft mode... this charger has a conditioning mode which is also one of the best.... takes 14 hours but well worth it...

bermbuster
2008.11.30, 05:50 PM
the one hour charge is basically in battery terminology 1c (capacity)
1000mah= 1c 900mah=.9c
the safe limit is 1c for most cells.....

Skv012a
2008.12.01, 02:15 AM
Sounds greats and thanks for heads up. Looks like this is 60$ very-well spent.