PDA

View Full Version : KO PROPO America Mini-Z Grand Prix

Z_408
2008.11.26, 04:14 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/Iron%20Man%202008%20Turkey%20Day/hin032208_7.jpg

I am giving everyone time to get their Mini-Zs ready for this one, so mark your calenders. More information and details to follow.

Date: March 7, 2009

Tjay
2008.11.26, 04:50 PM
Good News Binh!

CristianTabush
2008.11.26, 05:02 PM
Awesome! We are there! OCRC is also tentative for a big Mini-Z Event sometime in March-April TimeFrame...

EMU
2008.11.26, 08:00 PM
Sounds interesting, I will have to see what the funds look like around that time of year...

yasuji
2008.11.26, 08:58 PM
will there be pan car??????:D

lugnutz
2008.11.26, 09:04 PM

it doesn't look like it,that stinks two big events and no MOD pancar

emu depending what work looks like at that time maybe i can go too

EMU
2008.11.26, 09:05 PM
It says open 2wd ;) So I would think you could use a pan. . .

Frank, that would be great.

Flashsp-2
2008.11.26, 09:54 PM
I'll be back in the states (NM) early next year, maybe I can swing this as part of a family trip to Sacramento. Hmm....open motor mod AWD, that's right up my alley. So how 'open' is this anyway, carbon chassis/lexan/foam open? Looking forward to the rules as the come down.

Z_408
2008.11.26, 11:21 PM

Sorry Grant, no pan car class. The reason is that it is not a Kyosho ASC.

Z_408
2008.11.26, 11:22 PM
I will have all the rules up soon.

yasuji
2008.11.27, 12:04 AM
bummer.. i guess i wont be attending this one either.....:( ...

CristianTabush
2008.11.27, 12:15 AM
Grant, you really need to just throw an ASC over your Pan Car and run it. It will not handle that much differently. A little less traction, but since you can run any motor you can run something a little slower to suit your aggressive driving style. If you can drive a Pan Car, you can Drive anything :)

yasuji
2008.11.27, 12:36 AM
Grant, you really need to just throw an ASC over your Pan Car and run it. It will not handle that much differently. A little less traction, but since you can run any motor you can run something a little slower to suit your aggressive driving style. If you can drive a Pan Car, you can Drive anything :)

ct.... ill think about it...;)

Z_408
2008.12.02, 03:16 PM
ct.... ill think about it...;)

Grant, I saw that you were messing with the AWD, how is that going? You could run that class. CT is right, just throw a ASC on your pan car, it will be pretty close.

yasuji
2008.12.03, 03:49 AM
Grant, I saw that you were messing with the AWD, how is that going? You could run that class. CT is right, just throw a ASC on your pan car, it will be pretty close.
awd is way off pace here and @ kenon....approx a full second slower....stk class cars are going as fast as my awd:mad:...its fast its low....ive had philip and lucas drive it as well....it likes to flick to the moon:(im just not smooth enough :eek:

CristianTabush
2008.12.03, 12:54 PM
The AWD is going to be hard to get it going as quick as the MR-02's at Kenon. The grip is just so high, the MR-02's don't miss a beat. Try running hard tires, like Kyosho 40 slicks in the front and 30 Radials in the rear. Soft swaybar in the front. Start from there and fine tune it. How long have you been working on your Pan Car set-up? Hehehe, it will just take more time, and it might not ever be as fast as the 02's there. It is just a different class...

The stock 2WD's were almost as fast, or as fast as the Mod AWD's in Vegas, Jacob, Lucas and Lex both ran 10.6's in stock, TJ managed a 10.5 in Mod AWD and Jon and I managed 10.6. In 2WD mod, Jacob and Alberto ran 10.4's in Pan Car you managed 10.0 and Stephen 10.1, so the speed difference is noticeable in higher grip levels.

Z_408
2008.12.03, 03:43 PM
awd is way off pace here and @ kenon....approx a full second slower....stk class cars are going as fast as my awd:mad:...its fast its low....ive had philip and lucas drive it as well....it likes to flick to the moon:(im just not smooth enough :eek:

Try running the CSF18, CSF20, or CSF25 in the front. These were recommended by Bill Wrotty at the worlds. This is what he ran on his car and he had no flipping to the moon problems. They need to be glued on but they work well on a high grip track. We used these on Stevens AWD at the worlds and it made a big difference in the flipping department.

lfisminiz
2008.12.03, 05:20 PM
Whats CFS18 etc... in the front?:o

yasuji
2008.12.03, 05:31 PM
Whats CFS18 etc... in the front?:o

pn carpet slicks

yasuji
2008.12.03, 05:33 PM
Try running the CSF18, CSF20, or CSF25 in the front. These were recommended by Bill Wrotty at the worlds. This is what he ran on his car and he had no flipping to the moon problems. They need to be glued on but they work well on a high grip track. We used these on Stevens AWD at the worlds and it made a big difference in the flipping department.

i will try it....the track @ the worlds had far less grrip than what we have @ kenon or here @ my shop.... so it will proably work

lfisminiz
2008.12.03, 09:59 PM
Thanks grant.:)

Tjay
2008.12.04, 03:10 AM
Some set-up advice for your AWD @ Kennon track.

With my set-up at the Worlds, I was still having traction roll problem but not as much as the others... I ran slightly worn Kyosho 30 degree slicks up front. The secret is to place a super glue on the side wall but only half of it not the entire side wall.

For the Rear I ran worn down kyosh 20 slicks glued to the rims, no glue on the side wall and rounded side wall (I sanded it down).

Make sure to lower the car as low as possible. I use PN low down springs...

Good luck Grant! Let me know how it goes.

yasuji
2008.12.04, 03:33 AM

With my set-up at the Worlds, I was still having traction roll problem but not as much as the others... I ran slightly worn Kyosho 30 degree slicks up front. The secret is to place a super glue on the side wall but only half of it not the entire side wall.

For the Rear I ran worn down kyosh 20 slicks glued to the rims, no glue on the side wall and rounded side wall (I sanded it down).

iv tried all of that and then some.....lol next will be what binh mentioned....i startes with your set up....the k20 is too soft for the awd chatters alot and causes a loss of grip on quick transisions resulting in the flick to the moon :confused:
the tire which had the most side grip is the pn 10 radial.... i have been using tha pn30 deg front trued to 23mm and ran it all the way down to the rim....with the same result...so far the best ive come up with
it only flicks to the moon when the batts are new....but it pushes on throttle
lucas and philip can drive it without traction rolling...but they are such smooth drivers:D
i dont wanna have to change my driving style to drive this awd.....;)
hopefully carpet fronts will do the trick

yasuji
2008.12.04, 03:35 AM

oh and like i said earlier.....even tho we used the same track @ the worlds.....
cashman conv ctr had far less grip then we do here in so cal;)

CristianTabush
2008.12.04, 10:08 AM
If you have an on power push, reduce rear droop.I still think you need to go harder tires than what you are running. K30 radials rear are great and some K40 slicks in the front would be a great starting point. My AWD did not threaten to flip once in Vegas with 40 Radials in the front. It wasn't as quick as TJ's, but there were a ton of different issues for this reason (starting with I did not have time to fine tune the set-up) so it was a bit hard to drive at high speed. And I drive really aggressively as well, it just doesn't look like it because of the way the cars are set-up. Just remember how many times I flipped the MR-02 at the regional in stock vs. Joe, running the exact same car...

honda nsx
2008.12.04, 11:54 PM
what!!!! no LM 102 class????:eek:

Z_408
2008.12.08, 02:52 PM
what!!!! no LM 102 class????:eek:

This class has not been decided yet.

Z_408
2008.12.08, 02:53 PM
iv tried all of that and then some.....lol next will be what binh mentioned....i startes with your set up....the k20 is too soft for the awd chatters alot and causes a loss of grip on quick transisions resulting in the flick to the moon :confused:
the tire which had the most side grip is the pn 10 radial.... i have been using tha pn30 deg front trued to 23mm and ran it all the way down to the rim....with the same result...so far the best ive come up with
it only flicks to the moon when the batts are new....but it pushes on throttle
lucas and philip can drive it without traction rolling...but they are such smooth drivers:D
i dont wanna have to change my driving style to drive this awd.....;)
hopefully carpet fronts will do the trick

Any update for us?

Z_408
2008.12.09, 05:42 PM
Attached are the rules and regulations. Sign-ups will go up soon. Please stay tuned.

Tjay
2008.12.09, 06:05 PM
Awesome Binh! I like the min weight, open motor, stock classes and mini class!

EMU
2008.12.09, 07:44 PM
What will the handout motors be for each class? Will we be able to run 90mm bodies at 94mm, or 94mm bodies at 98mm, etc. in the sedan and open classes?

Z_408
2008.12.09, 07:49 PM
What will the handout motors be for each class? Will we be able to run 90mm bodies at 94mm, or 94mm bodies at 98mm, etc. in the sedan and open classes?

Handout motor has not been decided yet, however this will be a stock type motor. The only requirement is to run 102mm bodies at 102mm. Then for the Mini class you must run a 90mm body or smaller.

byebye
2008.12.09, 07:55 PM
What about chassis modifications? Can we use the PN mr-02 to -015 narrowing kit on an MR-02 to run the mini sport class? Or other chassis mods like the tower bars or the WTF system?

Thanks!
Kris

Tjay
2008.12.09, 07:58 PM
What about chassis modifications? Can we use the PN mr-02 to -015 narrowing kit on an MR-02 to run the mini sport class? Or other chassis mods like the tower bars or the WTF system?

Thanks!
Kris

Hi Kris,
If I'm not mistaken, I think you can run those as long as the wheel doesn't stick out of the body and you're running the right wheelbase.

byebye
2008.12.09, 08:00 PM
Hi Kris,
If I'm not mistaken, I think you can run those as long as the wheel doesn't stick out of the body and you're running the right wheelbase.

I don't think you can run any narrow body for the mr-015 on the mr-02 without it (the wheels) sticking out of the body. I think that would be a really cool class to run that's why I asked. I had a GTI setup with the narrow kit and a HM and it really stuck to the track.

I'm thinking of fitting this and the DC endurance race into my travels next year.

Kris

Z_408
2008.12.09, 08:44 PM

Thanks!
Kris

The PN conversion you are talking about is what everyone is doing. This mod will let you run most of the 90mm bodies with +0 narrow fronts and +0 wide rears. This or they are running an AWD.

honda nsx
2008.12.10, 06:44 PM
i hope the hand out moter is a stock 70 turm and not somthing crazy like the Mz at the last race.

Z_408
2008.12.11, 02:51 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/Iron%20Man%202008%20Turkey%20Day/hin032208_7.jpg

Tjay
2008.12.25, 03:55 PM
Hey Binh: Few guys asks me about the Super Sport Sedan and Sportsman Super Sport Sedan Class. The rules are exactly the same but with different class names. Is this suppose to be like Novice and Sportsman Class? Also, sedan meaning sedan/4doors like audi, is300 bodies? Please advice.

Thanks!

Z_408
2008.12.26, 03:00 PM
Hey Binh: Few guys asks me about the Super Sport Sedan and Sportsman Super Sport Sedan Class. The rules are exactly the same but with different class names. Is this suppose to be like Novice and Sportsman Class? Also, sedan meaning sedan/4doors like audi, is300 bodies? Please advice.

Thanks!

You are correct. The rules for both classes are the same. The only difference is one class is for experts and one is for sportsman/novice. We are trying to make this a fun event for everyone. The word sedan is misleading. You can use any body.

atallfunguy
2008.12.29, 03:09 PM

we had the same problem here in santa clara when we were running the pn handout.. now that we are running the atomic handout the times are getting close.

This is also because we dont have the grip you guys do.. if you remove some grip the awd will become more competitive.

atallfunguy
2008.12.29, 03:10 PM
this is going to be a big event.. better get there early so you can sit inside

Z_408
2009.01.02, 05:37 PM
http://www.redrc.net/2009/01/2009-ko-propo-mini-z-grand-prix/

Z_408
2009.01.06, 04:54 PM
Sign ups are up on our site. Last day to sign up is February 10th, no exceptions. Good Luck.

http://www.insidelineracing.com/kograndprix.html

Z_408
2009.01.13, 08:44 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that there are only a few weeks left before the sign up deadline which is FEB 7th. There will be no late sign ups nor any sign ups the day of the race. I hope everyone can understand we need to make arrangements ahead of time.

thanks,

Binh

crazyracer
2009.01.14, 04:55 AM
KO Propo Amercia confirmed our sponsor, all STOCK MOTOR will be use
PN Racing Mini-Z PNWC 70 Turn Offical Stock Motor [Parts # 110670]

http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/386_1.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/386_3.jpg

Tjay
2009.01.14, 01:08 PM
That's great Philip! I guess I better stock those motors ;)! Will you be there for this race?

yasuji
2009.01.14, 01:33 PM
That's great Philip! I guess I better stock those motors ;)! Will you be there for this race?

Philip and i will be attending this race as well as the rest of Pacific MZR...and most of the guys from RC Kenon:D im thinkin there will be @least 10 guys from socal if not more;)

Tjay
2009.01.14, 02:28 PM
Sounds good Grant! I hope to have my parts ready by then... :)

Tjay
2009.01.19, 03:31 AM
Just signed up. This is going to be another ILR fun event! :)

ambind
2009.01.19, 04:19 PM
Philip and i will be attending this race as well as the rest of Pacific MZR...and most of the guys from RC Kenon:D im thinkin there will be @least 10 guys from socal if not more;)

This will be a great racing. I will be there, just signed up and the rest of the team will be there too. :)

Z_408
2009.01.20, 07:33 PM
Just signed up. This is going to be another ILR fun event! :)

Thanks for signing up. It is going to be fun for sure.

Tjay
2009.01.20, 07:39 PM
This will be a great racing. I will be there, just signed up and the rest of the team will be there too. :)

That's good new Lucas! I'm going to have to work on my stock 2wd... I hope Chad can make it as well. :)

Z_408
2009.01.20, 07:42 PM

Lucus, that is great news. Make sure you get the rest of the guys to sign up. We will not be having any late sign ups for this event.

Z_408
2009.01.21, 05:26 PM
This just in........

Joel Johnson to race Mini-Zs at the KO Propo American Mini-Z Grand Prix.

yasuji
2009.01.21, 06:03 PM
This just in........

who is joel johnson???

Z_408
2009.01.21, 06:46 PM
who is joel johnson???

Here you go, now VP of Kyosho.

http://www.rcracing.com/Page.cfm?InfoID=832

yasuji
2009.01.21, 07:01 PM
Here you go, now VP of Kyosho.

http://www.rcracing.com/Page.cfm?InfoID=832

sweet.....:D

ruf
2009.01.21, 07:38 PM
AWESOME... The Magic Man returns!!!

Slipstream
2009.01.21, 07:48 PM
This just in........

So everyone will be fighting for second. :D

CristianTabush
2009.01.22, 10:47 AM
I have always said it and always will... There has never been a better RC On-road driver.

crazyracer
2009.01.22, 12:07 PM
That's good new Lucas! I'm going to have to work on my stock 2wd... I hope Chad can make it as well. :)

Yes, Chad should be come, so the total drivers from SoCal should be over 10.

crazyracer
2009.01.22, 12:10 PM
So everyone will be fighting for second. :D

I don't think so, we had top of the stock class drivers in California.

Tjay
2009.01.22, 12:43 PM
I was able to race EJ Evans last night at ILR and he mentioned that he might be able to come on this day. Also Leo Zheng is going to be there.

This is an event you guys don't want to miss!

Z_408
2009.01.22, 03:10 PM
With all the big names showing up, I am very excited about this race. Just getting in the A main will be a task of its own. Everyone also please remember that we do have a sportsman class, so don't be intimidated by the big names. Mini-Z and RC in the end is suppose to be about fun. If we get enough sign-ups under sportsman I will even split the groups into sportsman and novice. If you don't want to race, please come on down and watch. This will be an event not to be missed. All of the racers in that come to my track are very friendly and are willing to help out anyone who shows up. If you have a Mini-Z, bring it on down to the track.

Binh

yasuji
2009.01.22, 04:07 PM
With all the big names showing up, I am very excited about this race. Just getting in the A main will be a task of its own. Everyone also please remember that we do have a sportsman class, so don't be intimidated by the big names. Mini-Z and RC in the end is suppose to be about fun. If we get enough sign-ups under sportsman I will even split the groups into sportsman and novice. If you don't want to race, please come on down and watch. This will be an event not to be missed. All of the racers in that come to my track are very friendly and are willing to help out anyone who shows up. If you have a Mini-Z, bring it on down to the track.

Binh
hehehe...due to the fact that this will be my first time racing an asc can i change my entry to sportsman or maybe novice:o .......lol....j/k....:D

JacobFeinstein
2009.01.22, 05:35 PM
Its about time you pulled that Pan Car body off your car Grant...;)

yasuji
2009.01.22, 05:59 PM
Its about time you pulled that Pan Car body off your car Grant...;)
i am only takin off the pan body for this one race due to the lack of a pancar class

to me this compares to motorcycles
like i am racing a motogp series(best motorcycle technology/ handfull of great riders)going to a WSB race(production based motorcycles with restrictions/many great riders);)

this is going to be a one off race for me....just for fun with no pressure:rolleyes:
no expectations.....for me, i will be a rookie racing with a bunch of veterans...
should be loads of fun and a good experience trying to be on pace with all the great asc drivers that i have watched and heard about:D

ruf
2009.01.22, 07:10 PM
So which class is MotoGP?... :p

yasuji
2009.01.22, 07:33 PM
So which class is MotoGP?... :p

you know the answer to that.....;)

yasuji
2009.01.22, 07:51 PM
lexan wings and body cutting???is this legal for this race?????
i.e. replacing the stock wing and posts for a lexan
and cutting some of the body?or adding material?:confused:

Slipstream
2009.01.22, 08:24 PM
I don't think so, we had top of the stock class drivers in California.

Phillip I was joking but he is an excellent driver with multiple world titles.

BTW Joel is also from California. ;)

Z_408
2009.01.22, 09:41 PM
lexan wings and body cutting???is this legal for this race?????
i.e. replacing the stock wing and posts for a lexan
and cutting some of the body?or adding material?:confused:

Yes, lexan wings will be legal. You can also cut some of the body, no major changes. What body are you planning to run?

yasuji
2009.01.22, 10:00 PM
Yes, lexan wings will be legal. You can also cut some of the body, no major changes. What body are you planning to run?

not sure yet.....still haven chosen but id like to stay @ 98 wb...:confused:

Z_408
2009.01.22, 10:06 PM
not sure yet.....still haven chosen but id like to stay @ 98 wb...:confused:

If you want to stay at 98, then I would recommend the new Mclaren, 07 350Z, or the DB9. For the most traction, I would run 94. Have you given the LM bodies at 102 a try?

yasuji
2009.01.22, 10:08 PM
If you want to stay at 98, then I would recommend the new Mclaren, 07 350Z, or the DB9. For the most traction, I would run 94. Have you given the LM bodies at 102 a try?
i have tried the 102 bodies....kinda sluggish on the transitions.... how is the new mclaren:cool:

color01
2009.01.23, 04:59 AM
Heavier than a pan body. :p

I'd take the 350Z and leave the rear diffuser mostly intact (dremel the really low part but don't take out the vents/diffuser entirely as Cristian recommends), use the PN 6d radials and you'll have plenty of traction. ;) The new McLaren looks like it would need a LOT of dremel work to get enough steering, but I haven't tried it yet.

Z_408
2009.01.23, 03:35 PM
Just locked down the location for this race, Cupertino Square Mall, former known as Valco Fashion Park. The space is huge and with plenty of room for spectators to watch the event from above. This is turning out to be the biggest Mini-Z event the bay has seen. We have a lot of big guns coming out.

Please remember that the deadline to sign up is Feb 7th, NO EXCEPTIONS.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/vallco-fashion-mall.jpg

Z_408
2009.01.23, 03:37 PM
i have tried the 102 bodies....kinda sluggish on the transitions.... how is the new mclaren:cool:

The old one transitioned very well, some might have called it too loose. The new one seems to have made all the problems go away. If you want plenty of traction and steering, use the 07 350Z. The unpainted versions are out of stock now but I am sure Philip can find you one.

yasuji
2009.01.23, 03:57 PM
Just locked down the location for this race, Cupertino Square Mall, former known as Valco Fashion Park. The space is huge and with plenty of room for spectators to watch the event from above. This is turning out to be the biggest Mini-Z event the bay has seen. We have a lot of big guns coming out.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/vallco-fashion-mall.jpg

sweet location......iv always wanted to race in the view of the public again like we did in Portugal 07 pnwc.....im glad i decided to attend this race
ive already signed up payment is on its way:D

yasuji
2009.01.23, 04:05 PM
payment sent

Tjay
2009.01.23, 04:45 PM
Perfect location Binh! This is going to be fun!!!

The question now is... 2wd or Awd? ;)

yasuji
2009.01.23, 04:58 PM

hehehe....im only running 2wd mod.....should be fun....
will the grip change from ilr to the mall????
and will there be practice on friday?

ambind
2009.01.23, 06:12 PM

This is gonna be awesome, the wive will be happy too since plenty of places to go shopping :D. Tjay how you been..I think you should run both classes ;)

Z_408
2009.01.23, 06:31 PM

Like Lucus said, BOTH.

Z_408
2009.01.23, 06:33 PM
hehehe....im only running 2wd mod.....should be fun....
will the grip change from ilr to the mall????
and will there be practice on friday?

Grip should be the same at both locations. Every time in the past that we have done a mall race is was pretty close. Practice on Friday will be at our track.

Z_408
2009.01.23, 06:34 PM
This is gonna be awesome, the wive will be happy too since plenty of places to go shopping :D. Tjay how you been..I think you should run both classes ;)

The fountain is no longer there. The space we have is huge. I am planning the track size to be 24 x 14 tiles. I can't wait.

Z_408
2009.01.24, 05:15 PM
A more recent pic of the place.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/vallco-fashion-mall2.jpg

Z_408
2009.01.29, 08:37 PM
Only a few more days left to sign up for this race. If if you plan on racing please sign up soon. The deadline is Feb 7th. There will not be any late entries. I hope everyone can understand a lot of planning has to go into planning an event such as this. Good luck and I will see you at the mall.

PNracing
2009.01.29, 09:00 PM
Only a few more days left to sign up for this race. If if you plan on racing please sign up soon. The deadline is Feb 7th. There will not be any late entries. I hope everyone can understand a lot of planning has to go into planning an event such as this. Good luck and I will see you at the mall.

Hey Binh:

Can you tell us the full address of the mall, we need booking hotel early! thank you!

Philip

Z_408
2009.01.29, 09:03 PM
Hey Binh:

Can you tell us the full address of the mall, we need booking hotel early! thank you!

Philip

10123 N Wolf Rd.
Cupertino, CA 95014

Cross Streets: 280 / Wolf Rd. / Valco

Phone: (408) 255 - 5660

We might have a kids class, will your son be racing?

PNracing
2009.01.29, 09:10 PM
10123 N Wolf Rd.
Cupertino, CA 95014

Cross Streets: 280 / Wolf Rd. / Valco

Phone: (408) 255 - 5660

We might have a kids class, will your son be racing?

Let me consider, i will try!

PNracing
2009.01.29, 09:32 PM
Hilton Garden Inn Cupertino
Cupertino, CA $80.00 per night + tax.

GOOD DEAL!

Booking at Hilton web site (https://secure.hilton.com/en/gi/res/choose_rates.jhtml;jsessionid=YPIPK0MYDHS2GCSGBJN2 22Q?_requestid=190406)

crazyracer
2009.01.29, 09:37 PM
Driving directions to 10123 N Wolfe Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014
from Kenon Hobby!
356 miles about 5 hours 34 mins

Z_408
2009.01.29, 10:28 PM
Driving directions to 10123 N Wolfe Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014
from Kenon Hobby!
356 miles about 5 hours 34 mins

With your car, I would say it should only take 4 hours max.

crazyracer
2009.01.30, 01:04 AM
With your car, I would say it should only take 4 hours max.

Hey! which car you talking about? my Pan Mod only 36 mph, so around 10hours should be arrive.

Z_408
2009.01.30, 04:27 PM
Just to clear up some questions about the race. I have renamed the class to hopefully clear up any confusion.

Expert Super Sport Sedan
Sportsman Super Sport Sedan
Formula 1
2WD Open
AWD Open
Mini Sport

At this point we have 3 kids under the age of ten signed up. I am hoping to have a kids class. So if you know any kids that want to race, please let me know. All kids in this class will receive a trophy.

This is going to be a crazy event, don't miss out.

Z_408
2009.02.02, 05:34 PM
I want to thank everyone for signing up. With a week left for sign ups this should be a great event. Some more pictures of the race location, the track will be in front of the escalators.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/CupertinoMall001.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/CupertinoMall002.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/CupertinoMall003.jpg

Z_408
2009.02.02, 05:44 PM
A short video from downstairs looking up at the balcony.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/th_CupertinoMall004.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/?action=view&current=CupertinoMall004.flv)

Z_408
2009.02.02, 05:45 PM
Video from top looking down. We will be pitting by Will Smith.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/th_CupertinoMall005.jpg (http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/?action=view&current=CupertinoMall005.flv)

phea
2009.02.05, 01:57 AM
This event is gonna be pretty fun. Just checked with Binh on the turnout and so far 31 racers have signed up, not including the last minute signups like me... ill sign up on saturday haha

EMU
2009.02.05, 02:09 AM
I need to consult with a couple other racers to see what classes we are going to run, so we will probably sign up on Saturday as well :p

Tjay
2009.02.05, 02:27 AM
I'm running 2wd stock and maybe AWD mod... maybe.

phea
2009.02.05, 02:32 AM
You are running 4wd mod TJ, very nice..... Im building up a new ATM spec 2wd for the ATM race, might as well use it for the KO as well :). So most likely ill be running 2wd stock and mod.

Z_408
2009.02.05, 05:31 PM
We are almost up to 40 racers signed up now. Only two days left for sign ups. Good luck.

Z_408
2009.02.07, 05:35 PM
47 and counting on the last day of sign ups..........

Z_408
2009.02.07, 05:40 PM
The link below is a list of hotels near the mall. The mall is the purple thing at the corner of Stevens Creek and Wolfe. The best rate seems to be at Hilton Cupertino ($80). I am trying to get a group rate there. I will keep everyone updated.

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-363437-hilton_garden_inn_cupertino-i;_ylt=AuXZEG3g6mxpwoFtLEtpYW2MPGoL

Z_408
2009.02.07, 06:09 PM
48 and counting............

Z_408
2009.02.07, 11:55 PM
53 and counting..............

Z_408
2009.02.08, 12:21 AM
57 and counting...

EMU
2009.02.08, 02:48 AM
This is going to be a bigger race than the PNWC in Vegas was :eek:

I just registered :D Sedan, F1 and 90mm ;)

yasuji
2009.02.08, 03:03 AM
57 and counting...

is that 57 people??????or total entry?wow:eek:

EMU
2009.02.08, 03:16 AM
Im assuming people... I think its too little for total entry, since most people are going to run multiple classes.

Z_408
2009.02.08, 03:48 AM
Im assuming people... I think its too little for total entry, since most people are going to run multiple classes.

Thanks EMU, just got your payment. We are over 60 racers now. I have not calculated the total entries yet, but lets just say it's going to be a lot. It is going to be one fun event.

EMU
2009.02.08, 04:14 AM
Did you get Willy Wong's entry? He should also have entered tonight.

ruf
2009.02.08, 06:20 AM
Willy!!! :)

Z_408
2009.02.09, 02:44 PM
Did you get Willy Wong's entry? He should also have entered tonight.

I just check and did not see Willy's sign up.

SaiTam
2009.02.09, 03:00 PM
Willy just told me he can't make this one. I cannot either. Good luck to all racers.

Tjay
2009.02.09, 03:01 PM
Willy just told me he can't make this one. I cannot either. Good luck to all racers.

I hope to see him at RCX then.. :)

yasuji
2009.02.09, 03:14 PM
did u get my signup and payment? never got a confirmation

yasuji
2009.02.09, 03:19 PM
never mind.... i got it.....i hope:o

Z_408
2009.02.09, 07:34 PM
never mind.... i got it.....i hope:o

You were one of the first to sign up and pay. How is your ASC car coming along?

yasuji
2009.02.09, 08:14 PM
You were one of the first to sign up and pay. How is your ASC car coming along?

so far so good.....i can go as almost as fast as my pan car.....and kinda consistent too...i can run the walls closer and rub them if i want;)....at first it was awful i had to make alot of changes:mad:.....now its not too bad:rolleyes:......still not a pancar..:p
im looking foward to just having fun @ this race...:D

Z_408
2009.02.09, 08:18 PM
so far so good.....i can go as almost as fast as my pan car.....and kinda consistent too...i can run the walls closer and rub them if i want;)....at first it was awful i had to make alot of changes:mad:.....now its not too bad:rolleyes:......still not a pancar..:p
im looking foward to just having fun @ this race...:D

Good answer Grant. We should all remember that RC racing should be first about FUN. See you next month.

Z_408
2009.02.13, 05:50 PM
Just looking at the calendar and if I can read it correctly, there are only 21 days left to one of the biggest Mini-Z races of the year. We are at nearly 70 racers over 6 classes. We have also opened up a youth class for anyone who knows any youngsters that want to race.

If I can help out anyone by answering questions about the race, please feel free to ask me anything. I spent a few hours yesterday completing the track layout, it will be 24 by 14 tiles.

I will have the racers list up soon.

EMU
2009.02.13, 06:24 PM
Can we get a sneak peek at the layout?

Z_408
2009.02.13, 06:37 PM
Can we get a sneak peek at the layout?

I will be posting the layout on March 5th. Is that sneak peak enough for you?

EMU
2009.02.13, 06:48 PM
As long as other people dont get to look at it before then, and setup for the layout... then it sounds fine. Everyone should have it revealed at the same time, to keep it fair.

Z_408
2009.02.13, 09:39 PM
As long as other people dont get to look at it before then, and setup for the layout... then it sounds fine. Everyone should have it revealed at the same time, to keep it fair.

Not to worry, NO ONE will see the layout before I post it. I am pretty sure only a select few could even build the track due to the number of tiles and space required.

yasuji
2009.02.13, 10:15 PM
Just looking at the calendar and if I can read it correctly, there are only 21 days left to one of the biggest Mini-Z races of the year. We are at nearly 70 racers over 6 classes. We have also opened up a youth class for anyone who knows any youngsters that want to race.

I will have the racers list up soon.

how will all this :confused:be done in one day?????no practice????????

Z_408
2009.02.13, 10:17 PM
how will all this :confused:be done in one day?????no practice????????

We will have practice in the morning and racing in the afternoon. It will be a long day of racing.

yasuji
2009.02.13, 10:28 PM
We will have practice in the morning and racing in the afternoon. It will be a long day of racing.

What time close of the shopping mall?
What time you open at the morning?

Z_408
2009.02.13, 11:08 PM
What time close of the shopping mall?
What time you open at the morning?

The mall closes at 8pm. We will be starting at the crack of dawn. I should be setting up around 7am and the track should be open around 8:30am. Nothing is set in stone yet, but we should have plenty of time to finish and have fun.

yasuji
2009.02.13, 11:28 PM
The mall closes at 8pm. We will be starting at the crack of dawn. I should be setting up around 7am and the track should be open around 8:30am. Nothing is set in stone yet, but we should have plenty of time to finish and have fun.

cool.....what timing system will you be using?
sorry for so many questions....:o

Z_408
2009.02.14, 05:18 PM
cool.....what timing system will you be using?
sorry for so many questions....:o

I am sure there are a lot of questions out there, this just clears more things up for people out in the open. Thanks for asking. The timing system is still not yet decided. I will let everyone know as soon as I know.

20 days left.........

yasuji
2009.02.15, 02:04 PM
a few more questions......
do we need to bring pit tables?
power cords? chairs?
will there be bump ups?
will this race run cw or ccw?
and how many drivers in the A main?

Z_408
2009.02.15, 05:51 PM
a few more questions......
do we need to bring pit tables?
power cords? chairs?
will there be bump ups?
will this race run cw or ccw?
and how many drivers in the A main?

No need to bring tables. I am having all the local guys brings tables for all the out of town racers. This is also the case with chairs. Race will be in the cw direction. Eight drivers in the A main. Bump ups not decided yet.

Z_408
2009.02.17, 04:05 PM
Just want to announce that Giro-Z will be the official timing and scoring for the KO Propo race.

We will be using the bump format for racing. In each class the top 7 will be guaranteed a spot in the A-main. We will them bump the winner from each lower main. All mains will have 8 racers unless a class has 10 or 11 races then we will run all cars in the main. The track should be large enough to accommodate this. All mains will be single 10-minute mains except for expert super sport sedan. This class will be triple 6-minute A-main.

I will update as soon as more information comes available.

yasuji
2009.02.17, 05:14 PM
Just want to announce that Giro-Z will be the official timing and scoring for the KO Propo race.

We will be using the bump format for racing. In each class the top 7 will be guaranteed a spot in the A-main. We will them bump the winner from each lower main. All mains will have 8 racers unless a class has 10 or 11 races then we will run all cars in the main. The track should be large enough to accommodate this. All mains will be single 10-minute mains except for expert super sport sedan. This class will be triple 6-minute A-main.

I will update as soon as more information comes available.

would you like us to submit our personal transponder #s for ease ?

Z_408
2009.02.17, 07:16 PM
would you like us to submit our personal transponder #s for ease ?

No personal transponders will be used.

Z_408
2009.02.18, 07:16 PM
I just dropped by the mall today to check things out. The temperature in there is good and the tile floors are pretty warm. Traction should be the same as our track. Traction is up since Grant raced with us last year. I have a tentative schedule done and it is going to be tight to fit all the racing into one day. I know it can be done though. One thing I have to cut out is the triple A main the the expert class. All classes will now be single A main. I will post the schedule once things are finalized.

Tjay
2009.02.18, 07:44 PM
10 mins A-main... 10 mins of torture and I signed up for it. lol...

Grant: It's nothing like how it was the last time you came and visited. Now the temp is controlled to 70-75 degree. Very warm for both drivers and the track. When you see me shake, it's not because I'm cold but because I'm all nervous and 'ish... :D!

phea
2009.02.19, 01:08 AM
One thing I have to cut out is the triple A main the the expert class. All classes will now be single A main. I will post the schedule once things are finalized.

GG. :eek: ..........

Tjay
2009.02.19, 01:27 AM
GG. :eek: ..........

Where were you today Stephen? I hope to see you on Saturday. I need help with my 2wd. lol...

phea
2009.02.19, 01:35 AM
Where were you today Stephen? I hope to see you on Saturday. I need help with my 2wd. lol...

thought i could make it, but i got busy... i need help with my 2wd lol

Z_408
2009.02.20, 03:14 PM
Racer count by class:

Expert Stock: 26

Sportsman Stock: 24

Formula 1: 9

2WD Mod: 12

AWD Mod: 12

Mini: 12

MantisMMA
2009.02.27, 04:35 PM
well since the race is a week away how bout we post some pics to help identify who is who?!?! this is my first time posting pix so i hope this works!
the sc will be my 96mm 2wh stock car and the NSX is my 96mm AWD. im not positive that i will use the NSX...... pending testing tomorrow.

Z_408
2009.02.27, 08:18 PM
well since the race is a week away how bout we post some pics to help identify who is who?!?! this is my first time posting pix so i hope this works!
the sc will be my 96mm 2wh stock car and the NSX is my 96mm AWD. im not positive that i will use the NSX...... pending testing tomorrow.

Your cars look fast just sitting there.

Z_408
2009.02.27, 08:26 PM
The winners from each class will be getting an official KO Propo Mini-Z GP set up board to celebrate their victory. It measures 4" x 6" and under the post-it is the race day layout.

Tjay
2009.02.27, 11:59 PM
Very nice. The best set up board ever... I'm gonna have to drop my mod class:) and focus on stock. See you guys tomorrow.

Robert I.
2009.02.28, 10:14 AM
Do you have a tentative list of regitered drivers? If possible can you post it in this thread? Just to make sure that our registration went through.

yasuji
2009.02.28, 01:40 PM
just a week to go.....im pretty sure that all of us from socal will be there @ ilr on friday mid day....to practice for sat
on sunday a few of us plan on going to fpr....i hope tj is open.....can you confirm?:D

Tjay
2009.02.28, 01:53 PM
Hey Grant,

Almost everyone from LA. Sick! It's almost like last years RCX :).

Yes we will be open.

See you all next week!

Z_408
2009.03.02, 12:52 AM
Please check the list below to see if you are registered correctly. If there are any mistakes, please contact me as soon as possible. Kids class is still open.

Expert Super Sport Sedan
1 Scott Kimbrow
2 Ariel Resurreccion
3 Bennett Lo
4 Chad Nelson
5 Doug Graham
6 Drew Budiarto
7 EJ Evans
8 Eugene Uyterlinde
9 Jacob Feinstein
10 Jaime Manzanilla
11 Jim Bishop
12 Joe Chen
13 Jon Dy
14 Jun Cadiente
15 Ken Brumblay
16 Layman Reis
17 Leandro Resurreccion
18 Lex Tyler
19 Lucas Tobing
20 Marcus Williams
21 Paul Clanton
22 Robert Iguidez
23 Stephen Bui
24 Steven Huynh
25 TJ Macabuhay
26 Willy Wong

Sportsman Super Sport Sedan
1 Alan Mendoza
2 Albert Langarica
3 Armand Cruz
4 Art Maglabe
5 Art Bacalso
6 Benjamin Lee
7 Berni de Nina
8 Bob Daugherty
9 Daniel Cho
10 David Yu
11 David Castro
12 Derrick Victoriano
13 Dominic Garza
14 John Chin
15 John Trapsi
16 Khanh Nguyen
17 Micheal Carino
18 Mike Ma
19 Moto Kawai
20 Peter Dinh
21 Robert Feliciano
22 Roland Timario
23 Ryan Sagisi
24 Tony Dee
25 Willie Fok

Formula One
1 Bennett Lo
2 Charles monette
3 David Yu
4 Eugene Uyterlinde
5 Fernando Jose
6 Hung Nguyen
7 Joe Chen
8 Layman Reis
9 Randy Luu
10 Roy Tolentino
11 Tony Dee
12 Willie Fok

2WD Open
1 Grant Matsushima
2 Ariel Resurreccion
3 Chad Nelson
4 Cristian Tabush
5 Doug Graham
6 EJ Evans
7 Jacob Feinstein
8 Joel Johnson
9 Leo Zhao
10 Philip Ng
11 Stephen Bui
12 Willy Wong

AWD Open
1 TJ Macabuhay
2 Lucas Tobing
3 Steven Huynh
4 Cristian Tabush
5 Doug Graham
6 Lex Tyler
7 Marcus Williams
8 Jacob Feinstein
9 Romel Tuason
10 Jonathan Hernandez
11 Jun Cadiente
12 Ken Brumblay

Mini Sport
1 Art Maglabe
2 David Yu
3 Joey Ellis
4 Berni de Nina
5 Philip Ng
6 Benjamin Lee
7 Mike Ma
8 Joe Chen
9 Romel Tuason
10 Eugene Uyterlinde
11 Richard M
12 Eric Vasutin

Kids Class
1 Andrew Kimbrow
2 Adrian Ma
3 Matthew Hui

bobaFET
2009.03.02, 05:43 PM
to some of you 21+ out of towner's into nightlife scene, i will be racing this event but will be working after race at a Downtown SJ night club. if youre interested going out after, send me an email to get on the list or table service. (give me first and last name pls)

venue info: www.saborlounge.net

Berni@iLoveClubin.com

Z_408
2009.03.02, 08:12 PM
I also wanted to add that we will be having a Dnano track set-up for people to test drive. If you know anyone that's been wanting to try one out, let them know.

Robert I.
2009.03.03, 01:25 AM
Thank you for posting the names. :) :)

Gofast
2009.03.03, 02:17 AM
Binh,

Can you please post the race day schedule?

Z_408
2009.03.03, 04:12 PM
This is the tentative schedule for race day. It will most likely not change much from this. I am trying to not give anyone back to back races.

Start End Min
7:00 AM 8:00 AM 60 Setup
8:00 AM 11:00 AM 180 Open Practice/Group Picture
11:00 AM 11:07 AM 7 1 Round 1
11:07 AM 11:14 AM 7 2
11:14 AM 11:21 AM 7 3
11:21 AM 11:28 AM 7 4
11:28 AM 11:35 AM 7 5
11:35 AM 11:42 AM 7 6
11:42 AM 11:49 AM 7 7
11:49 AM 11:56 AM 7 8
11:56 AM 12:03 PM 7 9
12:03 PM 12:10 PM 7 10
12:10 PM 12:17 PM 7 11
12:17 PM 12:24 PM 7 12
12:24 PM 12:31 PM 7 13
12:31 PM 12:38 PM 7 14
12:38 PM 12:45 PM 7 15
12:45 PM 12:52 PM 7 16
12:52 PM 12:59 PM 7 1 Round 2
12:59 PM 1:06 PM 7 2
1:06 PM 1:13 PM 7 3
1:13 PM 1:20 PM 7 4
1:20 PM 1:27 PM 7 5
1:27 PM 1:34 PM 7 6
1:34 PM 1:41 PM 7 7
1:41 PM 1:48 PM 7 8
1:48 PM 1:55 PM 7 9
1:55 PM 2:02 PM 7 10
2:02 PM 2:09 PM 7 11
2:09 PM 2:16 PM 7 12
2:16 PM 2:23 PM 7 13
2:23 PM 2:30 PM 7 14
2:30 PM 2:37 PM 7 15
2:37 PM 2:44 PM 7 16
2:44 PM 3:04 PM 20 Re-Sort
3:04 PM 3:11 PM 7 1 Round 3
3:11 PM 3:18 PM 7 2
3:18 PM 3:25 PM 7 3
3:25 PM 3:32 PM 7 4
3:32 PM 3:39 PM 7 5
3:39 PM 3:46 PM 7 6
3:46 PM 3:53 PM 7 7
3:53 PM 4:00 PM 7 8
4:00 PM 4:07 PM 7 9
4:07 PM 4:14 PM 7 10
4:14 PM 4:21 PM 7 11
4:21 PM 4:28 PM 7 12
4:28 PM 4:35 PM 7 13
4:35 PM 4:42 PM 7 14
4:42 PM 5:02 PM 20 Sort Kids practice
5:02 PM 5:14 PM 12 1 Mains
5:14 PM 5:26 PM 12 2
5:26 PM 5:32 PM 6 3 kids
5:32 PM 5:44 PM 12 4
5:44 PM 5:56 PM 12 5
5:56 PM 6:02 PM 6 6
6:02 PM 6:14 PM 12 7 kids
6:14 PM 6:26 PM 12 8
6:26 PM 6:32 PM 6 9
6:32 PM 6:44 PM 12 10
6:44 PM 6:56 PM 12 11 kids
6:56 PM 7:08 PM 12 12
7:08 PM 7:20 PM 12 13
7:20 PM 7:32 PM 12 14
7:32 PM 7:44 PM 12 15
7:44 PM 7:56 PM 12 16
7:56 PM 8:11 PM 15 Trophies
8:11 PM 9:11 PM 60 Clean up

EMU
2009.03.03, 05:07 PM
Looks like it will be a tightly run event. From what I see, there will only be one practice session?

Z_408
2009.03.03, 05:52 PM
Looks like it will be a tightly run event. From what I see, there will only be one practice session?

You are correct, this will be a tightly ran event. This is only going to be one practice session. We will do 4 minute intervals for practice with two F1 only sessions.

Gofast
2009.03.03, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the schedule. The crew at ILR does a great job running races so I have faith. Now I need more faith for my driving. And looking at the driver list? Yes, I need more. :o

im8im8
2009.03.04, 04:28 AM
Hey Mini-Zers

Want to win an ASC(Yellow F50), Kyosho 8 degree rear tires, or a free lunch?

I will be conducting a survey during this event for my Pharmacy School research project. I am trying to assess how much risk society is willing to take when it comes to medications. I just thought that Mini-Z part of society should have a voice.

Take my quick survey and you can be entered to win one of the three prizes.

I will be walking around soliciting people to do the survey. If you are interested and can not find me during is awesome event then ask Binh. He knows who I am.

See you Saturday,
Vincent

Z_408
2009.03.04, 04:07 PM
Hey Mini-Zers

Want to win an ASC(Yellow F50), Kyosho 8 degree rear tires, or a free lunch?

I will be conducting a survey during this event for my Pharmacy School research project. I am trying to assess how much risk society is willing to take when it comes to medications. I just thought that Mini-Z part of society should have a voice.

Take my quick survey and you can be entered to win one of the three prizes.

I will be walking around soliciting people to do the survey. If you are interested and can not find me during is awesome event then ask Binh. He knows who I am.

See you Saturday,
Vincent

We have nearly 70 racers signed up. Make sure you bring enough surveys.

Z_408
2009.03.04, 04:09 PM
Just got off the phone with the local newspaper and they will be covering the race. This should give Mini-Z and RC racing some great exposure.

im8im8
2009.03.04, 07:12 PM
Just got off the phone with the local newspaper and they will be covering the race. This should give Mini-Z and RC racing some great exposure.

Awesome promotion Binh!!! 70 competitors, and newspaper coverage!!!

I noticed that there are some underage competitors. The survey I am conducting is for 18 yo and older. However, if you are under age than you can ask your mom or anyone you know that is 18 yo or older to take it for you and hand in the last page to me on Saturday so you can be entered into the raffle.

I attached that survey.

Vincent

Z_408
2009.03.05, 02:58 PM
Final driver list is attached. I will post the final schedule soon.

Z_408
2009.03.05, 04:05 PM
Just finished the schedule. This is going to be a fun day and most likely the biggest Mini-Z event of the year. If you can't race, come on out and watch the action. Just a reminder, we will have the Dnano track set up for test drives.

Z_408
2009.03.05, 05:09 PM
As promised, below is the t-shirt for the event and the race layout.

http://imgur.com/EUH1.jpg

PNracing
2009.03.05, 10:25 PM
If we can get the internet access, i will make the race Live Cam and Live Chat Room, try this link at March 7 11:00am.

http://www.PNWC-Live.com

herman
2009.03.06, 01:03 AM
how bout a back print on the shirt with a small logo print on the front left side...
just a suggestion...

yasuji
2009.03.06, 10:36 AM
getting ready to make the trip up to ilr this morning and im feeling the jitters:D
hoping to be there @ 3pm.... if there is internet access there pnracing and myself will try to broadcast live from the event tomorrow;)
www.stickam.com/matsushimas

Z_408
2009.03.06, 02:54 PM
I will be broadcasting todays practice if anyone is interested.

Davey G
2009.03.06, 04:09 PM
I still cant get a live stream..

Tjay
2009.03.06, 06:36 PM
Just got a call. CT and LA folks are already at ILR... perhaps getting some laps on the track. :)

See you all tomorrow!

Davey G
2009.03.07, 08:36 PM
Got an update from EMU a few minutes ago...lets see what I can remember

They were in the middle of the 3rd round.

Jacob TQ in stock
EJ TQ in Mod
Cristian TQ in awd
EMU TQ in F1
Philip NG TQ in 90mm, EMU 2nd

lfisminiz
2009.03.07, 11:51 PM
MORE, MORE..............:D Should be a HUGE race.

Tjay
2009.03.08, 04:28 AM
Awd mod
1st CT

2wd mod
Jacob
Leo

2wd stock expert
Jacob
Tj
Lukas

That's all I ca remember mow I'm finally going to sleep :)

ruf
2009.03.08, 07:04 AM
Wow what a race! Tremendous congrats and thanks go out to ILR for putting on quite possibly the biggest little Mini-Z race ever! Also to KO, Kyosho, PN Racing, and Atomic for their continuing support of this scale.

Here are the quick results from the Reflex team:
F1 Stock - Joe Chen (1st)
Mini Sport Stock - Joe Chen (2nd to Philip Ng's ballistic F40)
Expert Stock - Jacob Feinstein (1st)
2WD Mod - Jacob Feinstein (1st)
AWD Mod - Cristian Tabush (1st), Lex Tyler (2nd running Cristian's b-car)

Congrats also go out to David Yu for taking the Sportsman Stock victory!

My 2nd place drive in Mini was the most fun I've ever had racing! Big thanks to PN's Philip Ng, but you be hearing all about that soon...

This race was one for the ages! More later...

crazyracer
2009.03.08, 12:02 PM
I still cant get a live stream..

Sorry, becuase the shopping mall no internet access for us, so we can't make it live.

Cherub1m
2009.03.08, 05:16 PM
Any videos? also will someone post the main results with time, lap times, and fast laps?

taisantobi
2009.03.09, 02:05 AM
Congrats to the whole Reflex Team! Incredible Job, winning nearly every category we were starting! This once More shows the strength of our international team. Can't wait for the race coverage by ct! Tobias

Tjay
2009.03.09, 02:39 AM
What an incredible event ! ! ! It felt like 2008 RCX/RCP but bigger! much bigger! We had big names like Ej Evans of Top Racing/PN Racing, Scott Kimbrough of Kyosho, Joel Johnson of Kyosho, Mr. PN racing himself Philip Ng and many more...

I'd like to Thank Inside Line Racing for hosting the biggest Mini-Z event ever! It was a great experience being able to race with the big dogs. I learn new things everytime I go to big races like this. Also, would like to thank PN racing, Atomic, Reflex Racing, Kyosho and KO Propo for sponsoring this event!

Congratulations goes to:
Jacob F. This kid is just amazingly smooth! Having a chance to race with this kid is always a priveledge. Congrats Jacob!!!

Joe Chen: This guy is the only driver I've seen (since early 2008 Atomic regionals) who drives and talks to people and sometimes to himself :D and still put out a good show! You did great Joe! I love the mini class race! That cooper was DIALED ! ! ! Congrats on the F1 and Mini Cooper Class!

Philip Ng: How the heck do you do it?! Own Rckenon, Manufacture product (PN Racing) and host races and still able to race in big events and still win??? You must have RCP track in your living room :D! You sir are one of the guys I look up to. Thank you for making such a great product for our community! Congrats on the Mini-Class! Also, nice prototype. When are you going to send me some product for testing. ;)

Cristian Tabush: Congrats on the win! You did great! Dont forget to send me those proto... I want to test them for my awd. ;)

The best part of racing mini-z is that even though we compete and try to beat each other on every event we go to... after the race we are all friends and we are all just having fun racing.

Next stop... RCX. :)

yasuji
2009.03.09, 04:30 AM
Matsushimas would like to congratulate all of the winners @ the kopropo race this weekend
especially Philip Ng of PN Racing for his total domination of the 90 MM mini class
All of the 90 mm speicalists were out in force from all over the country ,Philip built his car just 1 week before this race and was able to out run the field ,leading by 4+ laps by the half way mark verry impressive

Matsushimas local fast guy and Pacific MZRs Stock class specialist,Lukas Tobing, ran good all day in the Expert Stock class making the Amain in a class that all the top drivers were in attendance
Lukas ran well for the duration of the race and even led for a few laps.....running second with a few laps to go , a small mistake put him down to the 3rd spot @ the finish congrats
as for myself..... i had a tough time adapting to the lack of traction in 2WD mod...i tried everything under the sun.... few guys pointed out that my car was just way to fast
my first heat was horrible....i was drifting my 2wd mod thru the whole track for the whole race ending up way down in the order...that is when Paul from ILR came over to me and mentioned to me that i should lower my high pt....i couldn't thank him enough....heat 2 was a much better heat i ended up 3rd .... after then the reshuffle....for the third heat i stunk it up....tried somthing different and made it worse resulting in getting bumped down to 6th
im not sure of the results but was able to finish in the # 5 spot....i did also manage to run the fastest lap of the 2wd mod Amain it was 10.379....:D
i had lotsa fun.....
up next......PANCARS PANCARS PANCARS:D

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:17 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0001.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0003.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0004.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0005.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0006.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:23 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0007.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0008.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0010.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0011.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0012.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:23 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0013.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0014.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0015.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0018.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0019.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:24 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0020.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0021.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0022.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0023.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0024.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:25 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0025.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0026.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0027.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0030.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0031.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:26 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0033.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0034.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0035.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0036.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0037.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:27 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0038.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0039.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0040.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0041.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0042.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:28 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0043.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0044.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0045.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0049.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0050.jpg

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 02:28 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0051.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0053.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0055.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0057.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/pnwc2008photos/090307KOrace/09KOrace_0061.jpg

ruf
2009.03.09, 03:24 PM
Great pics Philip!

Now someone PLEASE post a vid of that Mini Main! :D

crazyracer
2009.03.09, 03:50 PM
I only have Exp Stock and 2WD Mod vid, I wll post today later

JacobFeinstein
2009.03.09, 03:55 PM
Awesome job Binh for running such an organized event. Big thanks to all of the sponsors (especially Reflex ;)) for contributing to one of the biggest and best events ever. Congratulations to all of the winners, I don't think I 've ever seen such a high level of competition. And I think we all have to add a special congratulations to Joe for his awesome run in the Mini Sport main, which he made pretty entertaining.;)

Tjay
2009.03.09, 04:33 PM
F1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_k2alsMxw8&feature=channel

Expert Stock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK3E8wNaPCI

AWD Open

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ex0FVLO76U

2WD Open

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyRyzSsCY7M

Thanks Again Moto for uploading the vids!

EMU
2009.03.09, 05:30 PM
Great race. I had a great time. Definitely worth the trip out to Cali. Very good competition. Id like to thank all of the sponsors, KO, Kyosho, Reflex, PN, and my sponsor Atomic. And of course, the host, Binh... and Inside Line Racing. The event went very smooth, especially for a single day event, which was a big worry that I had before coming to the event.

This race was a lot of fun... especially the mini class. My damper unscrewed itself, and I was tweaked at the start, to traction rolling on the sweeper. I decided to pull it off so that I didnt make the marshalls work too hard, and not mess up other peoples races.

At the end of Fridays practice, I was considering dropping the F1 class. The car just wasnt working. I decided to rebuild it friday night. Used a new ATM diff, with 64p, and changed the tie rod to a GPM 1 deg toe in. This made my actual toe just about 0deg. Before the toe with a 0d tie rod looked like 3d toe out and the car was horrible. Last, I changed the body from the Ferrari body that I had on it to the Davey G painted McLaren. I had to shave out the rear to fit the damper... but that made a big difference. Made it easy to see. This was the class that I really wanted to win. I love F1, and running against Joe Chen in this class, is not an easy task. I TQ'd in the 2nd round, and he took my TQ away in the third... I knew it was going to be a good race between Joe, Layman and myself. There was a lot of traffic, having 13 cars on the track... but all three of us finished on the same lap. I think that I had the best car, but didnt have the best driving.

I really enjoyed running my MR015 spec class car in the stock class... I almost made it to the A main, but rubbed a board on the straight sending me tumbling. Where I lost my 27 lap run. I then traction rolled it in while leading the B main with less than 30 seconds to go, giving my teammate Willy the win and a trip to the A main.

I am very glad that I went to this race. I got to see a lot of familiar faces, and some new ones. I look forward to the next big event...

ambind
2009.03.09, 05:46 PM
I'd like to thank Binh from Inside Line Racing for throwing an awesome event and all the sponsors KO, Kyosho, PN, Reflex Racing and Atomic. Also would like to thank PN racing and Pacific MZR for all the supports. Congrats to all the winners! The level of competition was very high. It was one of the best racing that I've ever been into, it was great to see all the racers have fun and to watch all the main specially the red mini cooper that went madness around the track lol good job Joe!

The expert A main was so intense, it was a great race for the whole 10 minutes going back and forth battling for the lead. I must say it was one of the best racing and its a privilage to be part of it, everybody in the A main deserve their spots, good sportmanship and clean drving. Jacob, you're driving was super clean man..congrats..TJ...you owe me dinner lol j/k:D great job man!

The car felt good throughout the weekend as I made the progress setting it up in every qualifying rounds. The new front end worked like a charm without a doubt one of the best thing that I have in my car, the car is so planted with tons of on power steering and awesome high speed corner, but toward the end of the race the rear started to give up a little bit made the car kinda hard to drive due to over heat rear tires but other than that the car running great.

It was very tiring at the end of the day but it was worth it! and thanks to ILR crew for an awesome job putting everything together. Cya at RCX.

PNracing
2009.03.09, 07:39 PM
Expert Stock A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvG0Wn-Q80c

2WD OPen A Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fopkOuJLWc

CristianTabush
2009.03.10, 02:53 AM
TX represented well! Awesome race! I will be posting pictures of the winning cars from 2wd stock, 2wd mod and AWD mod on our site soon along with a little write up. The prototype parts on my AWD really made a difference. Some parts will be released this week, others will be within the next month. The 96mm AWD was just soo much faster than all the other cars. I had the only car that could consistently get 10.3's and 10.4's. If it hadn't been for the glitch on the last corner of the second qualifier, I would have been the only car to turn 29 laps the whole weekend. Considering the competition, that is not bad at all!!!

Good job Jacob, Lex and Joe! Considering the size of the team we had this time, we really did out-do ourselves ;)

Everyone else, thank you for making this happen. Especially Binh and Robert, you guys have re-set the standard! My special thanks go to Joel, Scott K, EJ, Eric Vasutin and Lex. You guys coming out here and competing with us really allows us to gauge our talent as drivers in the eyes of the general RC Public. This should do wonders for 1/28th scale RC!

Scott K is the current ROAR National 1/8th scale On-Road Gas Champion, Joel of course is the winningest ROAR National Champion in the History of the sport and EJ and Lex are well established 1/10th scale racers as well. Based on the performance of many of the Mini-Z only racers, I would say that our talent level is on par with even the "highest top fuel champions" of past and present. Not bad for little "toy car racers" ;)

taisantobi
2009.03.10, 12:54 PM
Hi CT,
once more a big hand from my side, great job of the whole reflex-team . Wish i could also join these events for reflex in usa to compete with the best mini-z and all the other RC-Car drivers.

At the mini-z masters the guy who beated me in standard and group-c is juergen baer, who also was 1/8 european onroad champion a few times, and i think i was on the same level with my driving skills.

Can't wait for my awd parts..... :)

Tobi

Z_408
2009.03.10, 05:32 PM
I would like to first thank the Mini-Z community for their support. This event would not be possible if it was not for the racers. This event is for the racers. All the sponsors came through with generous prizes and made sure everyone came home with something. Please support the sponsors, KO Propo America, PN Racing, Atomic, Giro-Z, and Reflex Racing. The behind the scene people also deserve a lot of credit for making this event possible. Basically without the ILR family, this event would have lasted a few days. My wife has been very supportive. Some of you guys may know Randy, he is my right hand man. All of his work goes unseen, but he had a lot to do with this event. My brother Steven is also the kid in the clutch. He had to set up all his cars on the day of the event and help me at the same time. Not a same feat. Thank you tech team. These were the young ladies at the tech table. I felt that their tech-ing was great and with a smile.

Big thanks to Philip Ng and Grant for all their support during the race with the timing and scoring. Those guys really know the software and got me out of many jams. In a way I wanted to host this race for Philip. He has put so much into the Mini-Z community and he never has time to race at the big events. This time I wanted to make sure he could play. I hope you had fun Philip. You will be hosting the next one so I can play.

For all the non Mini-Z racers that showed up for support, thank you. We did have a lot of big names at this event. Just to name a few, Joel Johnson, Scott Kimbrow, EJ Evans, and Eric Vasutin. I just hope this helps Mini-Z grow. This is the main reason why this event is held at a mall. It brings exposure to the hobby and grows the sport. I am here to help make this RC pie of ours bigger and not fight over a small piece of pie.

For me, the high light of the event was the kids race. These young racers we have are fast and have fun while racing. Matthew Hui the winner of our kids race showed a lot of confidence during his race. All the kids raced well and represented our sport with an amazing performance.

I was pretty tired after the event and spent most of Sunday and Monday sleeping. In the end I am pretty happy with how the event turned out and I hope everyone had fun. I hope I did not leave anyone out. Thank you everyone.

Official Results:

Expert Stock:
1st: Jacob Feinstein
2nd: TJ
3rd: Lucus
5th: Scott Kimbrow TQ

Sportsman Stock:
1st: David Yu
2nd: Mike Ma
3rd: Art Bacalso TQ

2WD Open: EJ Evans TQ
1st: Jacob Feinstein
2nd: Leo Zhao
3rd: Philip Ng

AWD Open:
1st: Cristian Tabush TQ
2nd: Lex Tyler
3rd: Jonathan Hernandez

Formula 1:
1st: Joe Chen TQ
2nd: Laymen Reid
3rd: EMU

Mini Sport:
1st: Philip Ng TQ
2nd: Joe Chen
3rd: Mike Ma

Kids Race:
1st: Matthew Hui
2nd: Adrian Ma
3rd: Andrew Kimbrow
4th: Jacob Leung
5th: Ian Lee

MantisMMA
2009.03.10, 07:46 PM
GREAT EVENT! it was my first big race and i had a great time! it was good to put faces to the names from the forum!

ruf
2009.03.11, 04:27 AM
Come on, you guys are killing me. SOMEONE has to have video of the Mini Sport main? :(

Tjay
2009.03.11, 02:07 PM
The expert A main was so intense, it was a great race for the whole 10 minutes going back and forth battling for the lead. I must say it was one of the best racing and its a privilage to be part of it, everybody in the A main deserve their spots, good sportmanship and clean drving. Jacob, you're driving was super clean man..congrats..TJ...you owe me dinner lol j/k:D great job man!

I have been wanting to race with you and Chad after the Worlds. We (guys from N. Cal) didn't know we were suppose to break-in our motors so at the Worlds we ran our motors as it is. Thanks to Chad for telling us to break the motors in for an hour at the Worlds... For the KO race, all of us broke the motors in. I also learned how to check the brushes if it is properly seated. Thanks to Felix2010 aka Lawrence on that!

Lukas: Dinner at Goldilocks in LA when we go to RCX? :D

My 2wd stock was dialed. I was running my prototype Front Knuckles made by Ray Leung of HK TOOLING & DESIGN CORPORATION. My 2wd was just so consistent in and out of the corners. My front end was planted with no chatters in the main. :) Thanks Ray!

Also I never, never go to any of my races without Reflex Racing's SSG 2wd tires. You just carry so much speed in the corners and the best part of it, It lasted me my practice, qualifier and A-mains with the same set at PN WORLDS and I used the same one at KO race! CT I still got the set you gave me brand new. I'll use it for RCX, thanks bud!

See you all soon!

Red Team
2009.03.11, 02:39 PM
...I was running my prototype Front Knuckles made by Ray Leung of HK TOOLING & DESIGN CORPORATION. My 2wd was just so consistent in and out of the corners. My front end was planted with no chatters in the main. :) ...

This means we're gonna see a new product from FPR soon ? :D

briankstan
2009.03.11, 03:08 PM
I have been wanting to race with you and Chad after the Worlds. We (guys from N. Cal) didn't know we were suppose to break-in our motors so at the Worlds we ran our motors as it is. Thanks to Chad for telling us to break the motors in for an hour at the Worlds... For the KO race, all of us broke the motors in. I also learned how to check the brushes if it is properly seated. Thanks to Felix2010 aka Lawrence on that!

Want to share this procedure with the rest of us? I usually only run them on my PN motor stand for 15 minutes at 2.0 volts.

Tjay
2009.03.11, 04:12 PM
This means we're gonna see a new product from FPR soon ? :D

yes sir. ;)

Want to share this procedure with the rest of us? I usually only run them on my PN motor stand for 15 minutes at 2.0 volts.

Pretty basic.
Run it 1.5 volts
make sure you have the brush properly seasted (all the contact point touching the comm)
clean it and then oil the bushing

That's all I do.

Red Team
2009.03.11, 04:19 PM

CT posted a similar procedure on their site: http://www.reflexracing.net/motor_break_in.asp

Thanks Tjay, looking forward to see the new knuckle and everything else you'll come up with.

ambind
2009.03.11, 09:43 PM
Lukas: Dinner at Goldilocks in LA when we go to RCX? :D

I thought I told you to break it your motor overnight? NO?:D Goldilocks sounds good my friend!;)

Z_408
2009.03.12, 11:35 PM
Mains and heat sheets are up. Race report to follow.

http://www.insidelineracing.com/calendar.html

ruf
2009.03.13, 03:27 AM
Thanks for posting!

How the heck did I pull an 11.3 in Mini Sport qual? :confused: That's unpossible! I wish I had that in the main! :D

CristianTabush
2009.03.15, 05:10 PM
Our KO Race Page is up! Tons of images of the race as well as links to videos, results and pictures of our winning cars.

www.reflexracing.net/ko_propo_2009.asp

Cherub1m
2009.03.16, 11:49 AM
Our KO Race Page is up! Tons of images of the race as well as links to videos, results and pictures of our winning cars.

www.reflexracing.net/ko_propo_2009.asp

Nice, first place in 4 out of 6 events, and podium finish in 5 out of 6 events very nice.

Ok, now where is that sneak peak of the PN 90mm mid mount motor mount:D and yes someone get that Mini race video up:D

cyberdude
2009.03.16, 02:40 PM
Mains and heat sheets are up. Race report to follow.

http://www.insidelineracing.com/calendar.html

Binh.. It looks like it was a great race! Congratulations. Also, Congratulations to all the racers who've attended the race and special Congratulations to all the winners. I just wish I have postponed my trip to the Philippines so I can race with you guys... Anyway, there'll be next time. :)

herman
2009.03.16, 11:31 PM
sorry to be off topic...

I just wish I have postponed my trip to the Philippines so I can race with you guys... Anyway, there'll be next time.

hmm... cyberdude=vr2ldude? alan is that you? hey man sent you a pm... and sms... what up?

back on...

man thanks for posting all those pics... looks like the event was a really big one (big track too)... and most definitely a huge success!!! congrats to all the winners...

cyberdude
2009.03.17, 02:40 AM
sorry to be off topic...

hmm... cyberdude=vr2ldude? alan is that you? hey man sent you a pm... and sms... what up?

back on...

man thanks for posting all those pics... looks like the event was a really big one (big track too)... and most definitely a huge success!!! congrats to all the winners...

Herman.. yeah, it's me... :D

Z_408
2009.03.17, 04:35 PM
Binh.. It looks like it was a great race! Congratulations. Also, Congratulations to all the racers who've attended the race and special Congratulations to all the winners. I just wish I have postponed my trip to the Philippines so I can race with you guys... Anyway, there'll be next time. :)

Don't worry Alan, you always have next year. When are you coming back?

Z_408
2009.03.17, 04:40 PM
I really enjoyed putting this race on for the Mini-Z community. I am always trying to make things better and bigger. If anyone has any feedback about this race that would make this event better next time, please let me know. It could be anything. Such as, "Binh, please no name tags next time", or "Let's do shorter qualifiers and longer mains". I am open to anything that the people want.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

EMU
2009.03.17, 05:10 PM
Drivers should choose their standing positions in the main due to qualifying rank ;)

A couple big lights for the hard to see areas. I had a lot of difficulty making the transition from day driving to night driving, especially since there was no practice time after it had gotton dark...

It was an excellent event, and those were about the only two things that I noticed...

CristianTabush
2009.03.17, 05:22 PM
A taller driverstand :P I'm extra short and it was so hard to see that sweeper :o

OLHacker
2009.03.18, 01:13 AM
Binh, next time, please no name tags :) Excellent event I had lots of fun.

herman
2009.03.18, 03:34 AM
"Binh, please no name tags next time"
Binh, next time, please no name tags - olhacker
well even though you had nametags, i didn't notice them...
pictures were great... but i can't put the names to the faces...
would really like to know who they are even though it's through some pictures posted on the internet...

i've gotten to recognizing a couple of faces though...
pn, christian t, jacob, chad, joe chen and of course tj...

but it's your event... and i'm just a crazed mini-z fan from south east asia, some 7,300 miles away...

maybe you could post the names when you post pics???

CristianTabush
2009.03.18, 03:53 AM
Names are not up to Binh, I guess up to me.. I will mod the page with the names I know :)

Z_408
2009.03.18, 05:21 PM
Drivers should choose their standing positions in the main due to qualifying rank ;)

A couple big lights for the hard to see areas. I had a lot of difficulty making the transition from day driving to night driving, especially since there was no practice time after it had gotton dark...

It was an excellent event, and those were about the only two things that I noticed...

Two good points. I was not expecting that place to be as dark as it was when the sun went down. We will certainly have that taken care of next time. Good thing it was fair for everyone.

Z_408
2009.03.18, 05:22 PM
A taller driverstand :P I'm extra short and it was so hard to see that sweeper :o

That was the only way we could slow you down.......

cyberdude
2009.03.19, 02:07 AM
Don't worry Alan, you always have next year. When are you coming back?

I'll should be back in the bay area next month just in time for the RCX race.

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:13 PM
Local newspaper puts Andrew Kimbrow in the front cover. I will upload a PDF of the newspaper article soon.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/pics005.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/pics006.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0653.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:15 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0675.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0674.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0680.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0683.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:17 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0684.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0685.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0687.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0691.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0701.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:19 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0710.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0727.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0729.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0738.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0740.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0741.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:20 PM
Sorting the mains.
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0746.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0747.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0748.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0749.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0750.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:22 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0752.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0757.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0758.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0759.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0763.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:23 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0770.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0775.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:25 PM
The Winners........
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0782.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0787.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0791.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0802.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0806.jpg
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/IMG_0810.jpg

Z_408
2009.03.20, 06:26 PM
I hope that was not too many pictures. But if it was not enough, http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn274/insidelineracing/KO%20Propo%20American%20Minii-Z%20GP/

Thanks everyone and see you next year.

Z_408
2009.03.31, 07:32 PM
Just in case anyone wanted to read the newspaper article.

http://www.community-newspapers.com/cupertino_courier/cupertino.pdf