PDA

View Full Version : Weird ASF board...

cowboysir
2008.12.02, 04:09 PM
Hey,

Looking over a car that a buddy owns I've come across a wierd ASF board function...

When i originally tested the car out, the forward/reverse function seemed to be backwards when the motor was swapped out to an X-Speed. After switching the wires (to the opposite of normal car markings) the forward/reverse seems to work but the board now acts like a hybrid i-series board...it'll go from forward right to reverse with no brake and when forward is then applied it has a pause then gives a good throttle.

The weird throttle function (forward to quick reverse then pause for forward) I can attribute to the switching of wires but I can't seem to get a good throttle when the motor wires are correctly mounted....it seems slower in forward than reverse no matter what I do with the throttle trim.

Does the KT-18 controller have a channel reverse or does the throttle trim button have a touchy center point...or does this all have to do with the new X-Speed?

Any suggestions would be welcome...and if you suggest re-binding give me an idea of how it's done on the KT-18 since I have an ASF module for my cars and can't figure out where the bind button is on the KT-18.:confused:

kryten
2008.12.02, 04:24 PM
I only had a kt-18 for a short while but holding the throttle forward trim on the tx for i think 2 beeps means the throttle settings are reversed.
To bind hold the same trim before turning tx on and wait for the light to change on the tx.It goes dim i believe.

lambo2000
2008.12.13, 07:03 PM
Hi,

It seems like I might got the same problem, my car gone crazy today, the remote started to blink and my throttle got reversed. Does any1 know why?

EMU
2008.12.14, 01:54 AM
Im pretty sure that I had the channel reversed at one point, and changed it back... try holding the FWD trim button for a couple seconds and see if that changes it. I dont remember exactly what I did to reverse it, but I think it was something alon those lines.

cowboysir
2008.12.14, 03:49 PM
The throttle channel did get reversed in my case and when it was figured out it seemed to be very low on throttle.

It was figured out that his TX was set in "training" mode.:rolleyes:

Weird that there would be such a thing, imo....:D

eztuner12
2008.12.14, 09:37 PM
Perhaps the X-speed motor has the internal magnets placed wrong (inverted) did you try with other motors?
Cheers

babstar
2008.12.15, 06:31 AM
The throttle channel did get reversed in my case and when it was figured out it seemed to be very low on throttle.

It was figured out that his TX was set in "training" mode.:rolleyes:

Weird that there would be such a thing, imo....:D

My girlfriend loves the training mode! :D

Action B
2008.12.15, 01:54 PM
My girlfriend loves the training mode! :D

How long has she been racing Mini-Z's for?

lambo2000
2008.12.15, 06:24 PM
Im pretty sure that I had the channel reversed at one point, and changed it back... try holding the FWD trim button for a couple seconds and see if that changes it. I dont remember exactly what I did to reverse it, but I think it was something alon those lines.

Thank you, I noticed that the left and right was swapped as well, I think I setted the controller for left hand, so I resetted the transmitter and now it's good again.

tongho
2008.12.19, 11:04 PM
My newly changed asf board for my F1 is weird too. Can any guru can help me?
when i pull the throttle trigger, there seems like glitch, the power of the car kicks in for a while and gone, then kicks in again. when i release the throttle and prepare for cornering, the power suddenly kicks in. i have do nothing, it's just weird.
i have tested with other transmitter too, the problem still there. i try to reset the setting of tx, but the problem is still there. Headache:mad:.......
Do anyone encounter this problem too, and can i reset the board or redo the fet can help this problem?
sorry for my bad english....:(

EMU
2008.12.19, 11:46 PM
Check that the motor wires are fully secured.

Virtual inertia is present on the ASF boards, where if you release throttle, it will still give a little forward action. This can be adjusted/disabled with the ICS connector.

tongho
2008.12.20, 01:36 AM
Check that the motor wires are fully secured.

Virtual inertia is present on the ASF boards, where if you release throttle, it will still give a little forward action. This can be adjusted/disabled with the ICS connector.

i know when i release the throttle, it will still give a little forward action, but my case is the car will run forward like i press the throttle when i release it for half a second.
i try the car at home and no problem. Everything seems ok, but in the track, the problem occured. it maybe due to the electric static????

color01
2008.12.20, 05:50 AM
The virtual inertia is one thing, but regarding the cutting-out of power, I was told this is a low-voltage problem due to the transmitter running off just 4.8V. So you could try adding voltage.

TJ had this ingenious/silly mod to his KT-18 where he wired the power wires to an external battery holder and then kept the resulting brick (5 AA batteries, 6.0V) in his pocket. Looks nuts but it works. In my case, I modified the battery case to work with AAA-sized lithium-ion batteries (2S2P, 7.4V) and then the problem went away.

But of course, only try this after you've tried everything else, since you will be completely violating your warranty.