PDA

View Full Version : Twitchy Servo

jcr
2008.12.02, 11:47 PM
Just got a MR02 with the AM radio kit. First time turning it one, I found that the servo seems twitchy (from radio noise?) so I installed the antenna (which I forgot to do) and it decreased the amount of twitch. But the servo still twitches but not as bad. What is causing this problem and how to resolve it?

rickyb
2008.12.03, 04:59 PM
google "mini z steering pot"

babstar
2008.12.03, 05:15 PM
Don't want to spoil your fun but, you should have bought the 2.4 ghz sys.
The AM's are notorious for that. I'm switching to 2.4 on al my MR015/02's. Al though with some tweeking on your TX, cleaning/fixing the pot etc. you can reduce this. It is possible but not for 100% and takes time.

gl.

jcr
2008.12.03, 10:05 PM
cool... will give it a try when I got the time. It's not that bad that I need to go to 2.4 in my opinion... or at least not yet. I've never seen this problem with my 1/10 before but then again things are package differently.

matxr4ti
2008.12.04, 12:33 PM
i bought a new RV project micro fine-tune esc (mini-z PCB) .before i put it on i check how everything working and find out that the steering motor and pot is no good. it come with twitchy servo.:mad::mad::mad:

Azooboy
2008.12.07, 12:57 PM
i bought a new RV project micro fine-tune esc (mini-z PCB) .before i put it on i check how everything working and find out that the steering motor and pot is no good. it come with twitchy servo.:mad::mad::mad:
I did that twice, I thought it was because I installed fets before I mounted the esc RVProject. So I bought another esc to mount just as it comes... and the same again. On top of that, every time you have other radios around, the car goes out of control :(...

eztuner12
2008.12.18, 03:58 PM
I did that twice, I thought it was because I installed fets before I mounted the esc RVProject. So I bought another esc to mount just as it comes... and the same again. On top of that, every time you have other radios around, the car goes out of control :(...

If you can solder, I would recommend up-grade the Pot VR wires.
A few days a go, I installed an new ATM Pot VR to my AWD and change the two wires with regular hobby servo wires (red, black, white) only used two wires as needed, and my steering is perfect, even better than when my car was new. I also put a drop of “Comm. Drop” to the pot wiper and adjusted the Pot rear-side center pin were the wiper makes contact with the wiper signal platform (were you solder the signal wire, center wire) it was to tight and binding, I enlarged the plastic pot cover center hole very little, in line to make sure the wiper move free.
As I say earlier so good; smooth, predictable, responsive to command movements:D, It will go very slow if you turn your Tx wheel slow with no choppy steering what so ever, and if your command is fast it will go so fast :eek:I had to adjust my Helios steering speed values to my driving style and needs.
I have heard and read the wiring on the Project VR board all wires have to be re-soldered.
Hope this aids.;)
Cheers

Azooboy
2008.12.18, 04:31 PM
Thanks EZ.
I might try to do it that way soon. I'll tell you how it works.
I could not stand the wires breaking for nothing so I changed them all.
I have two VR boards and I've tried one with fets on track and the radio transmission is very noisy. Nevertheless the second one just stock(with new wires of course) has absolutely no interference at all, but I do not feel confident enough to give it a try on track.
Any way the 2.4Ghz ASF does not have any of those issues at least at the moment.
BTW I just received my module today for EX Helios and I've got stuff to do. 2.4Ghz ASF is THE "Sheet".

eztuner12
2008.12.18, 05:17 PM
Thanks EZ.
I might try to do it that way soon. I'll tell you how it works.
I could not stand the wires breaking for nothing so I changed them all.
I have two VR boards and I've tried one with fets on track and the radio transmission is very noisy. Nevertheless the second one just stock(with new wires of course) has absolutely no interference at all, but I do not feel confident enough to give it a try on track.
Any way the 2.4Ghz ASF does not have any of those issues at least at the moment.
BTW I just received my module today for EX Helios and I've got stuff to do. 2.4Ghz ASF is THE "Sheet".

Helios with the Am Mini-z module is what I use and am absolutely happy with it. Unless this Am PCB damage I don’t intend to go 2.4Gz's, I have try them and they are good indeed, but since I feel very comfortable with my AM and no one here can beat me on the track between beer's, drink's and races (I am the only one that don’t drink);), I see no reason to change. As I mention, if my AM PCB go bad, then I will go ASF, I have try it and like it, only thing is the slow reverse transaction, but since practically I dont need reverse, basically only to position the car on the starting grid at the start of a race. I don’t mind what so ever, If it was for me, I prefer no reveres on Mini-zs, so I can pump stop on command when I need and not go to ABS permanently since in most occasions I don’t want ABS.
Cheers