PDA

View Full Version : 27mhz am and 2.4ghz modules question

kryten
2008.12.08, 03:46 PM
Will the 27mhzam and 2.4ghz helios modules work with other 27am/2.4 rec's?,HPI RF-1 27mhz AM rec for example

briankstan
2008.12.08, 04:44 PM
I use my mini-z AM module with my Venom Mini Giant truck, it works fine. :cool:

I can't speak about the 2.4 module though.

kryten
2008.12.08, 04:58 PM
I plan to use mine on a vmg too but with a HPI RF-1 rec.

Slipstream
2008.12.08, 11:23 PM
The mini z 2.4 ghz module is not the same as the regular KO 2.4 ghz module.

AFAIK the mini z 2.4 finds an open channel and locks onto it. The regular one does frequency hops and constantly skips around to find the best signal.

With that I don't think the mini z module will work with regular 2.4 receivers.

J-Milz
2010.03.17, 06:57 PM
Help! My AM ko (orange) module is not working anymore in my jr z-1 radio (identical to ko propo Helios). I would like to send it into KO to have it looked at because I still use it when I run spec slash once a month. Has anyone ever sent it in for repairs? Is there a shipping adress you guys may know of? Do anyone know how much? Any info would be very helpful.

bermbuster
2010.03.17, 07:16 PM
Help! My AM ko (orange) module is not working anymore in my jr z-1 radio (identical to ko propo Helios). I would like to send it into KO to have it looked at because I still use it when I run spec slash once a month. Has anyone ever sent it in for repairs? Is there a shipping adress you guys may know of? Do anyone know how much? Any info would be very helpful.

did you try not fully seating the module....let it stick out a small amount and see if it works. if it does put some double sided tape (leave the backing on one side) and it will make an awesome spacer for the module.

KO usa is great to deal with if your module needs repair.....
go to the website and get the phone number.