PDA

View Full Version : Alfa Brera... will if fit?

Tjay
2008.12.17, 01:25 AM
90mm class is getting very popular here in N. Cal. I want to run in this class since it is a fun class. Anyway, I have a 90mm 2wd HM (high mount).

1. What wheel offset do I need to run on the brera?
2. Do I need to get the 015 front end conversion?

Thanks!

EMU
2008.12.17, 02:08 AM
Send lugnutz a PM, he has the body... I havent used it, but I dont think it will work on an MR02 without the conversion.

Get yourself an F40 or LP500 with an RM setup and call it a day. The F40 would be better for low grip, LP500 for high grip.

Tjay
2008.12.17, 03:00 AM
the idea is to have fun with this class not really trying to go all crazy with the race bodies... If I was going for the LCG, I would just stick with the stock class racing. Shoot! I'm even planning on running my vitz/yaris body. ;)

EMU
2008.12.17, 03:36 AM
One of the most fun 90mm bodies I have driven is the Audi TT. I just love how it looks, and it drives pretty well too.

I know what you mean though... Thats how the MR015 class originated at Action RC. We just wanted to have fun, it started as a spec mini-cooper class, then evolved to a 90mm HM class, and then to a MR015 class with MR01/015 bodies that couldnt fit an MR02 without the tower conversion. This is honestly the most fun class of racing. In one of the qualifiers last Sat, the top 5 cars were seperated by about 2 seconds... The 6th car had pulled off. Sai and I both using the f355, Lugnutz using the Dino, and Willy Wong and a local young gun Jonathan using the 300c. Sai and Willy had to leave early, and the main led to Jonathan and I battleing it out for half the race, he took the win :(

Slipstream
2008.12.17, 04:54 AM
Oh just run an AWD Tjay. :D

Azooboy
2008.12.17, 10:07 AM
1. What wheel offset do I need to run on the brera?
2. Do I need to get the 015 front end conversion?

Thanks!
Hi Tjay.
I have that body too and you definitely need a conversion kit.
Offset wise, it is hard to find negative offset but it would allow you to wear wide rims at the back.
Otherwise you can use front wheels all around and have fun.
I'm not sure cause I did not try, but I believe you can even mount it with a regular RM pod. Could anyone please clear that point? Thanks.
Ciao.

Tjay
2008.12.17, 02:44 PM
Slipstream: I refuse to run awd... the next time you'll see that awd is probably on next years PN World's.. :) Not unless you want to buy it. ;)

Azooboy: Thanks for the heads up! I do have quite a few negative offset at the shop, Front and Rears. Perhaps I'll mess around with it. I like the looks of the body, kind of looks like my mazdaspeed3 but in silver...

Slipstream
2008.12.17, 04:49 PM
Slipstream: I refuse to run awd... the next time you'll see that awd is probably on next years PN World's.. :) Not unless you want to buy it. ;)

Azooboy: Thanks for the heads up! I do have quite a few negative offset at the shop, Front and Rears. Perhaps I'll mess around with it. I like the looks of the body, kind of looks like my mazdaspeed3 but in silver...

So you won with the car but refuse to drive it? :confused: haha. Ok I'll buy it if your driving skills come with it. :D

Tjay
2008.12.17, 05:11 PM
^ hahaha... yes. AWD, especially mod, for me it's too crazy! It feels like the car has a mind of it's own because of the speed and the torque steer that you get... I prefer 2wd any day. 2wd just dont like me :(. hehhe.. I'm just going to keep on trying... I guess.

See you soon!

atallfunguy
2008.12.17, 07:28 PM
So you won with the car but refuse to drive it? :confused: haha. Ok I'll buy it if your driving skills come with it. :D

TJ is failing to mention that if he ran his AWD every day he would need a 3rd job to pay for it. He wears out a set of tires with that monster in about 30 min.
With his 20+ hours of tracktime per week that would get crazy expensive.

lugnutz
2008.12.17, 09:23 PM
hey Tjay i ran this body on a 015 with 0 degree Narrow offset rm,it is a good handling body but i switched to a Ferrari Dino and it was better;) here at Action R/C Speeedway we have a very FUN but competitive 015 class,i'm glad that i 'm running this class it's just to much FUN

Slipstream
2008.12.19, 08:08 PM
^ hahaha... yes. AWD, especially mod, for me it's too crazy! It feels like the car has a mind of it's own because of the speed and the torque steer that you get... I prefer 2wd any day. 2wd just dont like me :(. hehhe.. I'm just going to keep on trying... I guess.

See you soon!

I thought you fixed all the steering problems? :confused: Put in a front one-way and all your steering issues will go away. Muhahahahaha :p

I'm the opposite. I can't get a good feel for my 2wd.

Slipstream
2008.12.19, 08:10 PM
TJ is failing to mention that if he ran his AWD every day he would need a 3rd job to pay for it. He wears out a set of tires with that monster in about 30 min.
With his 20+ hours of tracktime per week that would get crazy expensive.

OMG you guys get 20+ hours of track time? :eek: I'm lucky to get 1/2 hr a week. Then again I don't own my own track.