PDA

View Full Version : ***RCP West Coast Challenge at RCX 2009***

RCPMini-z
2008.12.19, 01:20 PM
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4939/rcp8jm7.jpg

Anyone interested in participating in the upcoming event in 2009? (www.rcx.com)

Last years race was a huge success and the show in 2009 is already shaping up to be the best RCX event ever. The planning has already started for the April RCP West Coast event. Philip, from Kenon Hobbies/Pn Racing has already signed up as a sponsor and will be running the races for the event just as last year. As most of you know, Philip and his crew always put on a well organized event. I am sure Mini-zracer will be involved along with other small scale RC manufacturers/companies.

We are still working out all the details for sponsorship opportunities and other special deals for the drivers and those who come down to watch. Stay tuned for an official post on the event containing driver sign up information, show details, rules, trophies, prizes, hotel and other information.

Have a great Holidays all!
Best regards,
John Billig
RCP Tracks, Inc

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/5341/rcx2008dv7.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8494/rcx20081ij9.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2627/rcx20082ma7.jpg

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8628/rcx20093yv0.jpg

yasuji
2008.12.19, 03:37 PM
I will be attending this event this year... no excuses:rolleyes:

briankstan
2008.12.19, 05:54 PM
I'm interested for sure.. :cool:

RCPMini-z
2008.12.19, 06:52 PM
I'm interested for sure.. :cool:

Hmmmm........Can't think of a good reason why you would be interested.

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6936/rcx56sp7.jpg

briankstan
2008.12.19, 07:36 PM
Hmmmm........Can't think of a good reason why you would be interested.

:D ;) yea well, uh, the racing was fun too !! She was clearly in the Modified Class.

RCPMini-z
2008.12.21, 06:27 PM
Debating whether to include a dnano class or not. The cars will not be available to most here in the US, so I am not sure if there will be enough people who will own one to actually have a race.

What do you think?

briankstan
2008.12.21, 07:57 PM
yea, I'm not sure how many people have them. I know I don't as they are just to expensive to buy from overseas. I haven't seen them released state side yet.

RCPMini-z
2008.12.29, 10:38 PM
yea, I'm not sure how many people have them. I know I don't as they are just to expensive to buy from overseas. I haven't seen them released state side yet.

Maybe we should include a 1/18th scale class instead.

Tjay
2008.12.30, 02:31 AM
John: I'll be there for sure. ;)

color01
2008.12.30, 03:19 AM
RCX is mid-April, right? If it's in LA again I'd be interested in coming. :)

briankstan
2008.12.30, 07:30 AM
the dates for RCX are April 18-19 (Saturday-Sunday)

Maybe we should include a 1/18th scale class instead.

I think you might have better luck with the 1/18th scale over the Dnano.

I personally would like to race the Dnano, wonder if a deal can be brokered with Kyosho to offer the racers one at a discount, now I could go for that possibly. it would sure showcase it better than the small track they used last year, it was just too small for the speed of the Dnano.

briankstan
2009.01.06, 11:25 AM
John, do you have any updates on this race? if it's going to happen I'd like as much advance notice as possible so I can get thing booked.

thanks.

RCPMini-z
2009.01.10, 02:09 PM
John, do you have any updates on this race? if it's going to happen I'd like as much advance notice as possible so I can get thing booked.

thanks.

Yes, this race is a GO! Book away.

RCPMini-z
2009.02.06, 09:53 PM
Quick Update.

The RCP West Coast Challenge at RCX this year will be an official PN Racing Mini-Z World Cup 2009 – California Regional Race.

The top 8 drivers from each class will get an invite to the USA Semi-Final race. The PN World Finals will take place in Barcelona, Spain 10/31-11/1/2009.

arch2b
2009.02.06, 09:56 PM
great news!

curious but have you seen any slow down in the rc trade shows as we've seen with other industries due to the economy?

briankstan
2009.02.06, 10:02 PM
Quick Update.

The RCP West Coast Challenge at RCX this year will be an official PN Racing Mini-Z World Cup 2009 – California Regional Race.

The top 8 drivers from each class will get an invite to the USA Semi-Final race. The PN World Finals will take place in Barcelona, Spain 10/31-11/1/2009.

great, now if I could only make that top 8 :o

I guess I'll just have fun practice more. It will sure be fun trying. :D

I'll getting everything planned out for this race and it will be a lot of fun just like last year.

RCPMini-z
2009.02.06, 10:09 PM
great news!

curious but have you seen any slow down in the rc trade shows as we've seen with other industries due to the economy?

No real slow down. The major RC shows still exist such as Ihobbyexpo and RCX. Some of the larger manufacturers are looking outside the box with their marketing plans, such as exhibiting at more non RC shows, such as Nascar and the Long Beach Grand Prix. RCP Tracks exhibited at the SEMA show in Las Vegas last year and I saw Traxxas and Axial there exhibiting as well. There were a few RC companies at the Off Road Expo last year including RCP Crawlers and CEN. I think more companies need to go beyond the RC community to try and increase awareness for the hobby and their products.

arch2b
2009.02.06, 10:30 PM
i could not agree with you more and certainly wonder why manufacturers have not been doing this years ago. expanding the focus is going to be key to growth.

RCPMini-z
2009.02.06, 10:48 PM
i could not agree with you more and certainly wonder why manufacturers have not been doing this years ago. expanding the focus is going to be key to growth.

There are a few that have been doing it for a few years now. HPI USA is one company that promotes the hobby and their products outside the RC community more than any other company I know. Traxxas has stepped up and now can be seen exhibiting at many shows outside the RC industry. Kyosho, Tamiya and HPI will be exhibiting at the Long Beach Grand Prix this year, which bring in over 180,000 people through the Lifestyle convention center with the 3 day event.

RCP Crawlers has been exhibiting at shows such as Nascar, AMA and the Off Road Expos for over 3 years now.

Tjay
2009.02.07, 02:56 AM
Why does it feel like there's big event race every month?! Weren't we just in Vegas for PN Worlds? :) Now it's already PN regionals?!

Already told the wife about the dates... I'll be there. This is going to be another FUN event!!!

yasuji
2009.02.07, 03:13 AM
Why does it feel like there's big event race every month?! Weren't we just in Vegas for PN Worlds? :) Now it's already PN regionals?!

Already told the wife about the dates... I'll be there. This is going to be another FUN event!!!

HA!...u need to come along with me.....ill be going to spain and sweden then back here to rcx....3 weekends in a row.....lol:D

Tjay
2009.02.07, 03:25 AM
I have full time job at Cisco and own a hobbyshop... I work 16 hours a day.. If you take me with you. I'll find ways to get a vacation from all this madness. :D Hook it up Grant! :)

yasuji
2009.02.07, 03:35 AM
I have full time job at Cisco and own a hobbyshop... I work 16 hours a day.. If you take me with you. I'll find ways to get a vacation from all this madness. :D Hook it up Grant! :)

wish i could.... this trip will break the bank for sure.....im glad rcx wont cost me as much...;)

Bigbarn
2009.03.06, 08:05 AM
When will registration for this event begin?

RCPMini-z
2009.03.06, 09:10 AM
I am meeting with Philip from PN today. We will have details posted over the weekend.

Thanks,
John

crazyracer
2009.03.06, 09:24 AM
I am meeting with Philip from PN today. We will have details posted over the weekend.

Thanks,
John

John

I will go to San Jose 8:00am for KO Mini-Z Race, sould be meet you neet week.

Philip

briankstan
2009.03.06, 09:33 AM
Who else is planning on making this race? I know I'll be there. I'm still working on a couple of others from our club.

For those of you that are thinking about it, but haven't decided yet. Last years race was great fun. There was a Great turn out, lots and lots of racing. Hanging out and meeting others from this forum, including some of the fastest guys out there. Oh did I mention LOTS of Racing? :cool: It was a great time and something that should be considered if you have the opportunity to make it.

I'm just bummed that if were are only running a PN Regional that we won't be running F1's

Maybe we can add them for RCX because it is a showcase of the Scale. ;) :D

RCPMini-z
2009.03.06, 09:38 AM
I will discuss the F1 class with Philip. Not dead yet. Also, Brian go ahead and reserve your room at the hotel I spoke of for exhibitors.

John

briankstan
2009.03.06, 09:41 AM
I will discuss the F1 class with Philip. Not dead yet. Also, Brian go ahead and reserve your room at the hotel I spoke of for exhibitors.

John

great, thanks !!

RCPMini-z
2009.03.11, 08:43 PM
Who else is planning on making this race? I know I'll be there. I'm still working on a couple of others from our club.

For those of you that are thinking about it, but haven't decided yet. Last years race was great fun. There was a Great turn out, lots and lots of racing. Hanging out and meeting others from this forum, including some of the fastest guys out there. Oh did I mention LOTS of Racing? :cool: It was a great time and something that should be considered if you have the opportunity to make it.

I'm just bummed that if were are only running a PN Regional that we won't be running F1's

Maybe we can add them for RCX because it is a showcase of the Scale. ;) :D

F1's back in. :)

briankstan
2009.03.11, 11:46 PM
F1's back in. :)

SWEET !! I have really been working on my F1 and have it right there with my Racer in lap times. I'm really stoked about putting it up against some of the best.

Bigbarn
2009.03.12, 12:47 AM
All I need is registration form. Fresh fish coming to Mini-z at RCX.

I watched you guys last year at the event and made the jump from 1/10th down to the most fun cars around. I have been racing for 21 years through all kinds of classes and cars. This is by far the most track time and fun I have ever had.

I hope Mini-z continues to grow.

briankstan
2009.03.12, 08:15 AM

I watched you guys last year at the event and made the jump from 1/10th down to the most fun cars around. I have been racing for 21 years through all kinds of classes and cars. This is by far the most track time and fun I have ever had.

Welcome, it's great to hear someone new say what we have know all along ;)

Last years race was great, I expect this year to be just as good or better.

briankstan
2009.03.16, 03:09 PM
So else it going to be making this race this year?

PNracing
2009.03.16, 04:20 PM

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=339767#post339767

Tjay
2009.03.16, 04:24 PM
I just signed up. We will be driving down to LA for this event.

RCPMini-z
2009.03.16, 05:55 PM
I just signed up. We will be driving down to LA for this event.

We will be in the same area this year. Right in the middle of the convention hall. See you there.