PDA

View Full Version : Bought my first OVERLAND... Need suggestions.

tlkris
2008.12.26, 11:25 PM
Hi All,

Got a brand new black Ford F50 for $45 (Super Autobacs is clearing out their stock)...

Anyway, here are my questions:

- Are all Overland 2X4? Can it be converted to 4X4?

- What bodies out there that I can use to replace my F50 without adjusting the wheelbase? (is there a body compatibility list?)

- Is there a ball diff upgrade available?

- what type of 'stock' motor upgrade can I use?

Thanks everyone in advance.

okoye
2008.12.26, 11:46 PM
well the f150 is the longest for everything else its the shorter settings.. there isnt a body compatible list as far as i know

MINIz guy11
2008.12.27, 09:16 AM
Hi All,

Got a brand new black Ford F50 for $45 (Super Autobacs is clearing out their stock)...

Anyway, here are my questions:

- Are all Overland 2X4? Can it be converted to 4X4?

All Overlands are 2x4, a 4x4 conversion will need a lot of thinking and modding.

- What bodies out there that I can use to replace my F50 without adjusting the wheelbase? (is there a body compatibility list?)

I see no reason why you would want to keep just one wheelbase, as the small parts kit that comes with all Overlands have all the different mounts for different wheelbases. Just loosen a few screws and remove the C-clips and you should be able to adjust the wheelbase to anyone you want. All Overland bodies fit, just have to adjust the wheelbase.

I believe GPM has a ball differential available, but I am not sure about the quality or usefulness of it

- what type of 'stock' motor upgrade can I use?

I believe any stock motor used for MR-02's would be fine for a Overland. I'm not up to date with the new motors, but the PN Racking Speedy 05BB (which was the top stock motor when I left :p) should work fine.

Thanks everyone in advance.

My answers are in bold.

referjohn
2008.12.27, 09:59 AM
Welcome to the O/L world!
plenty of O/L bodys will fit, you must change wheelbase per body......

What is this overland gonna be used for?
i Have 2 OL's
my suggestion for light duty crawlin or lite off-road trailing.

shorting wheelbase, lock rear diff, change out pinion, LSSM mod, find a
Pajero body, and have fun.

i also have a F-150= i use this on my MINI-96 . it handles really well in stock form on the MINI-96 due to the tracks small scale- i can nearlly hold full throttle laps with it..

Again O/L 's have limits, but are A MUST HAVE 4 TRUE MINI Z ADDICTION

HammerZ
2008.12.27, 03:53 PM
No sure about the Escalade, but the H1 and H2 bodies are also the long wheelbase setting like the F150. Most others use the shorter wheelbase settings. I like the H1 body the best with very short overhangs, The F150's rear bumber sticks way out there and not the best trail body. It handles track racing good enough though.

pomme de terre
2008.12.28, 01:45 AM

There is, but its not very good. I had a GPM one before and its not very useful if you plan to "offroad". It slips way too much, and cannot be tightened enough to act as a locked differential. The only thing it helped with was saving the other gears when landing jumps (since it allowed for a little slip).

tlkris
2008.12.29, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your responses...

I guess just keep the stock diff then.