PDA

View Full Version : 2,4 ASF board stopped to work correctly after 15 minutes...

nusadua
2008.12.28, 08:14 AM
Hello everybody, yesterday we have made an endurance race at our club. Several of us used the new 2,4 ASF cars. The first race no problems, but the second and each next one hour race, the same problems to all racer with 2,4 ASF board cars. Every 14-15 minutes of race the cars with the 2,4ASF stopped to work correctly. The throttle accelerate and steering operated by self.... after 1-2 minutes all was working correctly... but the the race deficit was horrible... this has repeated every cca. 15 minutes of race...

The question is, have anybody from You explanation for this?
Or have anybody the same experience with an incorrect behaviour with 2,4ASF board?

Thanks for the answer!

Nusadua

MantisMMA
2008.12.28, 09:19 AM
what motors?

nusadua
2008.12.28, 09:39 AM
Hello, motors were diferently... some of used atomic standart, some kyosho standart, some chilli...
For example me atomic standart with 2,4 ASF stacked 2x3 4562 FETs...

hilldebrandt
2008.12.28, 12:54 PM
Boy...that's strange !

But it sounds like there was a mass interference across the whole 2.4 spectrum in the area you were racing at. Especially if ALL the 2.4 PCB's were affected at the same time. And every 15 minutes or so ??

Put that one in the "Ripley's Believe It or Not" book...LOL

Felix2010
2008.12.28, 12:56 PM
If everyone running 2.4 ASF cars experienced problems, then maybe there could be an interference issue? I would say check and make sure the club doesn't have any 2.4ghz phones running or a wireless 2.4ghz router up while you are racing (Especially older 2.4 devices). Even though this supposedly shouldn't be a problem - Since the ASF system searches for "clean" frequencies when turned on - The KT-18 manual lists the following reasons for "Loss of control":
- Another 2.4ghz device is being used nearby.
- Main road or large steel pylon is nearby

Appliance such as microwave ovens can emit strong electrical waves.
Also, some LAN and/or Bluetooth devices can cause pairing problems. I would suspect any similar device could possibly cause a loss of signal strength/interference, which would lead to glitching/erratic behavior.

I struggled for a time with this, and replaced my old wireless router with a new one; And I got rid of my ~8 year-old 2.4 cordless and got a DECT 6.0 cordless. No more problems.
I also had a problem with my Helios module, but have since found out my module was defective (It was one of the first modules released). After replacing the defective RF901-SM Mini-Z module, everything is peachy.

Hope this helps. I know how aggravating this problem can be

lugnutz
2008.12.29, 08:06 PM
i'm not sure what your problem may be because we ran an enduro race that was 3 hours long and we used speedy 07 with no problems at all.i did see that you said some of the guys were using chilli's which is a very hot motor,i'm going to have to say that all the cars were geared incorrectly for that type of racing and for your track

babstar
2008.12.30, 04:41 AM
I've no experience in 2,4 boards going wierd or sick with enduro races. Last time around we did a 4 hours race with 4 or 5 ASF's and no one had a radio problem. We all used xspeed motors though and non of us has tampered with the boards, no custum fets or stacking, just standard boards. Maybe its because of your fets?

Ibrake Ifry
2008.12.30, 09:47 AM
If everyone running 2.4 ASF cars experienced problems, then maybe there could be an interference issue? I would say check and make sure the club doesn't have any 2.4ghz phones running or a wireless 2.4ghz router up while you are racing (Especially older 2.4 devices). Even though this supposedly shouldn't be a problem - Since the ASF system searches for "clean" frequencies when turned on - The KT-18 manual lists the following reasons for "Loss of control":
- Another 2.4ghz device is being used nearby.
- Main road or large steel pylon is nearby

Appliance such as microwave ovens can emit strong electrical waves.
Also, some LAN and/or Bluetooth devices can cause pairing problems. I would suspect any similar device could possibly cause a loss of signal strength/interference, which would lead to glitching/erratic behavior.

I struggled for a time with this, and replaced my old wireless router with a new one; And I got rid of my ~8 year-old 2.4 cordless and got a DECT 6.0 cordless. No more problems.
I also had a problem with my Helios module, but have since found out my module was defective (It was one of the first modules released). After replacing the defective RF901-SM Mini-Z module, everything is peachy.

Hope this helps. I know how aggravating this problem can be

I am going to have to agree. If this happened to everyone using the 2.4 cars, at the same time, than there is definately some problems with outside interference. I doubt that the motors had anything to do with the problem since you guys said you had stacked fets. Besides, lets say one of the cars started acting erratically because of the motors, chances are that the fets would be fryed and the car wouldn't start working again. I have seen this problem with 2.4ghz band happen when microwaves are on, 2.4ghz cordless phones ring, or 2.4ghz wireless routers are on. In fact when i am on my laptop using a 2.4ghz wireless linksys router i have been disconnected if my phone rings (which really sucks if i am playing an online game!)