PDA

View Full Version : HFAY Big Track Event 1

briankstan
2008.12.28, 10:30 AM
I have received times for the big track from the following clubs. you have until the 3rd of Juanuary to submit you times.

Racer Class:

Salt Lake Mini-Z
Mini Speedway
Mini-AZ
Rising Sun Racing
Stafford Racers UK
Flipside Racing
DOW
Ann Arbor Mini-Z Dojo

F1 Class:

Salt Lake Mini-Z
Mini-AZ
Rising Sun Racing
Stafford Racers UK
DOW

Open Class:

Mini-AZ
Salt Lake Mini-Z
Rising Sun Racing
DOW

mk2kompressor
2008.12.29, 03:41 AM
RSR sent:)

briankstan
2008.12.29, 08:06 AM
List Updated

briankstan
2008.12.29, 10:33 PM
list updated, Brian I got your times.

Everyone else, you have a few more days to get your races in, don't forget to get the times submitted. I'll give you until the 3rd of January to have them to me.

thanks.

imxlr8ed
2009.01.03, 04:54 PM
DOW and DCGTG sent today... sorry for the delay.

pinwc4
2009.01.03, 05:08 PM
Hopefully you got Flip Sides also?

briankstan
2009.01.03, 05:22 PM
DOW and DCGTG sent today... sorry for the delay.

Hopefully you got Flip Sides also?

got them, I hope to have time updated tomorrow. :cool:

briankstan
2009.01.04, 01:13 PM
HFAY Big Track Event Results have been posted to the HFAY Site. (Scroll down for all results).

http://hfay.tinyrc.com/HFAYLargeTrackEvent/LargeTrackEvent1/tabid/161/Default.aspx

Top 3 in each class are as follows, I missed the top 3 in Racer and Open by one spot :o

Notes: MBMZR (hrdrvr's club) had a mix up and only ran 8 minute mains so that really hurt their chances. Ann Arbor Mini-Z Dojo also didn't have the wide inside corners, so they chose to run anyway with the standard corners, and still managed respectable times.

Great Job everyone.

Racer (stock)

1st. - lfisminiz (DOW)
2nd. - Tallgeese (DC GTG)
3rd. - VAZRacer (DC GTG)

F1 (stock)

1st. - VAZRacer (DC GTG)
2nd. - imxlr8ed (DOW)
3rd. - The Ringer (DC GTG)

Racer (Open)

1st. - FastMoFo (Salt Lake Mini-Z)
2nd. - lfisminiz (DOW)
3rd. - Gasman (DOW)

TALLGEESE
2009.01.04, 01:56 PM
Just wanted to say Congrats to Larry for getting the win in the HFAY Stock class.. I'd also like to to congratulate VAzRACER for getting the win in F1, Matt's been on fire with that F1 lately.. Great racing by both of them.. Also wanted to say good job to TheRinger and Imxlr8ed in the F1 class as well..

pinwc4
2009.01.04, 05:04 PM
Congratulations

This was a fun track, I look forward to getting to do this again.

imxlr8ed
2009.01.04, 05:32 PM
Wow... Ryan is on the move, and it looks like BStan is moving right along with him! You guys did really well!

Was a rough day for some here, but we did well. Jeremy obviously had a breakage in F1 (big damage), Gasman had one as well, but got right back in it and gave it his best! Matt was just too much for me... constant, consistent pressure and when I saw him coming up about 3/4 through, I knew the lead would be gone. And of course, Larry is on his way to becoming a monster... really starting to click for him now and he certainly earns it!

Cool race as expected... and big congrats to all who participated! Can't wait for the next one!

Brian, ask Ryan which Autoscale he wants!

Larry won a track?!?!? You need a bigger basement dude! ;)

Sucks about MBMZR's mistake, but I have no doubt they would have done well!

lfisminiz
2009.01.04, 09:13 PM
WOW, great event. It was absolutly great running with the DC guys. There was alot of top racers running together. Congrats to all that ran. Im impressed with the number of people that ran a bigger track and had the room. Be looking forward to the next "BIG" track event.:)

briankstan
2009.01.04, 11:12 PM
Brian, ask Ryan which Autoscale he wants!

What is the Autoscale for?

imxlr8ed
2009.01.05, 10:44 AM
I offered the top 16U in Stock a new Autoscale for this event and top in Stock for the older racers gets a Wide "L". It's in the manual for this event.

briankstan
2009.01.05, 10:56 AM
I offered the top 16U in Stock a new Autoscale for this event and top in Stock for the older racers gets a Wide "L". It's in the manual for this event.

man, it's going to be like a second christmas for him :) where should I have him look for something in stock?

I know he would like one of those DBR9's and he also wants a gulf Mclaren, the DB9's are pricey if you can find them, and the Gulf isn't available in the States.

imxlr8ed
2009.01.05, 12:13 PM
I pmed you...

VAzRACER
2009.01.05, 04:57 PM
DOW and DC owned it. Congrats to all. This was a great event, racing is always close with us and the guys from DOW. We need to get back together for the next one.:D

It sucks that they guys from MBMZR ran 8 min mains instead of 10, I've raced with them a couple times and they are great guys and are faster every time I go down there. I'm sure we will see a few of then in the top of the rankings on the next one.;)

imxlr8ed
2009.01.05, 05:29 PM
It wouldv'e been alot different up top if they ran the full ten... they did pretty well for 8!

hrdrvr
2009.01.06, 08:43 AM
Haha, thanks guys! Our top 3 would have ended up just into the top 20, so thats not too bad. We were all running Kyosho box stock motors too (which Im sure some others were too), so I am pleased with our result.

I was mostly dissapointed for my boy Collin. He is 11 and one heck of a racer. If he would have held pace he would have been right around the 70 mark with Ryan which, would have put him in the running for the 16 and under win.

We will be back around for the bnext one, and even with my little mistake, I think I got some interest up for this seasons HFAY. Its always been tough on me to get these guys to run on such a small track (even if its only one night a month). I was hopping this event would spark enough interest that we wouldnt have any problems getting participation, but recently we had our LHS intall an RCP track. Their track is something like 40x25, so its been hard for me to get people to come race on our 14x30. Its going to be real hard to get them talked into running on a 14x14 once a month. The good thing is, is that Collin, his brother and father are all intereted now. If they and I can get together, we will have enough to do it. Now will just be the task of finding the time.

Oh, and Ed, I was really hoping to get some results up for F1. I would have liked to have continued our friendly rivalry :D

The DoW and DC group did dominate. I hope to get to run with y'all in person sometime soon. Stay tuned to the event section for some interesting east coast events this year! Y'all can come down and try to over run the south :D

imxlr8ed
2009.01.06, 09:14 PM
Oh, and Ed, I was really hoping to get some results up for F1. I would have liked to have continued our friendly rivalry :D

I'm sure sometime in the next few months, I'll be taking one of my longer journeys down your way... when do you guys hold the Diablo again?

VAzRACER
2009.01.06, 10:26 PM
Ed, I was just racing with Landon and the guys this past weekend, he told me he wants to do a race for spring break, in the begining of March. I think he is going to get the dates together and posted this week.

imxlr8ed
2009.01.06, 10:47 PM
Cool, thanks!

hrdrvr
2009.01.07, 02:36 PM
Ed,
Mike (mleemor) who puts on the Diablo is getting real close to having a place to race it. They lost the place they used last year, and its not turning out as easy as we hoped for finding another. Charlotte is a big city, and he will get it sorted soon Im sure.

AS far as an event in Myrtle Beach goes, I got with one of the guys from the off-road track last night, so Ill be posting official details very soon (no later than friday). The date will be March 7th, and Ill post all other information in the event forum.

Im hoping both of you guys can bring some of your groups down. Itll be on a big layout with plenty of pit space and plenty of great prizes. The owner of this LHS goes a little overboard and he is talking about wanting to give away like 5 ASF cars for door prizes. We will have whatever he comes up with and a good but of garb from other sponsers. Myrtle Beach MiniZ Racers will be a sponser as well, so the prize packages should be very stout :D

imxlr8ed
2009.01.07, 04:49 PM
I've got alot more time for adventures like this, just have to convince some of my guys to tag along!

ROAD TRIP! :cool:

arch2b
2009.05.10, 06:01 PM
i know i'm not the only one here thinking we have a couple weeks to plan the next big track event for july.... anyone else have this on thier radar?

hrdrvr
2009.05.11, 08:19 AM
I didnt have it on my radar, but Id like to get in on it again :D

arch2b
2009.05.11, 08:27 AM
I didnt have it on my radar, but Id like to get in on it again :D

cool, started the necessary thread for it HERE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=347003#post347003)