PDA

View Full Version : New McLaren F1 Lemans LARK

Old Crow
2009.01.05, 07:30 PM
Just arrived, MR-02 wheels are F 2.5 and WideR 3.0.

This is on my AWD F 3.5 and WideR 2.5. It will fit AWD, but needs front modification.

byebye
2009.01.05, 07:33 PM
Beautiful!!!

What offset?

Kris

Old Crow
2009.01.05, 07:45 PM
Offsets are listed in first post.

It looks really long, but, it's just as long as a Enzo.

color01
2009.01.05, 08:19 PM
Are you serious? That looks like a ridiculously long tail. :eek: Might even have to chop some of it off to keep the car from understeering too much. But looks good! I guess as soon as the whitebody arrives in the shop I'll have to buy one. :)

lfisminiz
2009.01.05, 10:04 PM
Looks good Carl. I just got some "white" body versions today to paint. Really cool bodies BUT they are much bigger than the old version.

eztuner12
2009.01.05, 10:11 PM
Looks good Carl. I just got some "white" body versions today to paint. Really cool bodies BUT they are much bigger than the old version.

Hi lfisminiz
Where did you get the unpainted version??:eek:
THXXXXX
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2009.01.05, 10:23 PM
Just arrived, MR-02 wheels are F 2.5 and WideR 3.0.

This is on my AWD F 3.5 and WideR 2.5. It will fit AWD, but needs front modification.

Hi Old Crow,
Man she is just a beauty. Love it!:eek::eek::eek:
It seems a wider offset could fit.:confused:
It the one on the pics an 4WD or 2WD?
Would the old front body clip be useful on this new one??
Please post your ride feedback as soon you can!:D
Thxxx
Cheers

lfisminiz
2009.01.06, 06:10 AM
Richard - r c miniz.com;)

byebye
2009.01.06, 08:46 AM
Offsets are listed in first post.

It looks really long, but, it's just as long as a Enzo.

Ooops my bad!:o

I was excited about the pics lol!

Those are pan car offsets! THis should be a great car for HFAY and big tracks for hot motors. I think this is gonna be my next project.

Thanks for posting pics!

Kris

Old Crow
2009.01.06, 07:39 PM
Hi Old Crow,
Man she is just a beauty. Love it!:eek::eek::eek:
It seems a wider offset could fit.:confused:
It the one on the pics an 4WD or 2WD?
Would the old front body clip be useful on this new one??
Please post your ride feedback as soon you can!:D
Thxxx
Cheers

In the picks it's 4WD.

Old body clip, I'm pretty sure won't work.

Atomic has front offset in 4WD, 4.0 narrows, I think. I'm using 3.5 narrow in the picture. Rear 2.5 wides in the pic, again I think Atomic has a wider one.

Old Crow
2009.01.06, 07:44 PM

They are much longer, and wider then the old version. The rear over hang concerns me for handling, I'm thinking of taking the rear wing off.

It weighs 6.5 grams more then the Enzo, the wing and screws alone weighs 3.5 grams. Still With everything on the body, 43.4 grams total.

Tjay
2009.01.06, 08:01 PM
I definitely have to try this on my awd... ;)

lfisminiz
2009.01.06, 10:19 PM
Carl, try it with wing first. Sometimes weight is good at the right lace. I love the look of the body but when i took my white version out to look at it, the size did stand out to me.

lfisminiz
2009.01.06, 10:19 PM
Carl, try it with wing first. Sometimes weight is good at the right place. I love the look of the body but when i took my white version out to look at it, the size did stand out to me.

eztuner12
2009.01.06, 11:28 PM
Yes Old Crow, you should try it with the wing as lfisminiz said. As I can appreciate on the pics, it has an enhanced front lower lip (spoiler) as well as a nice flat & wide front bonnet (hood ) area with relatively good angle, that may compensate the long tail with down force elements.
Please post your test ride outcome as soon you test it:):):D
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2009.01.06, 11:42 PM
Yes Old Crow, you should try it with the wing as lfisminiz said. As I can appreciate on the pics, it has an enhanced front lower lip (spoiler) as well as a nice flat & wide front bonnet (hood ) area with relatively good angle, that may compensate the long tail with down force elements.
Please post your test ride outcome as soon you test it:):):D
Cheers;)

I canít edit my previous post in this thread:rolleyes::mad::D
It has two big grill dish scoops on top of the front lower lip that will assist on front down force too. Any ways, you can go with rear harder damper springs or softer at front and a harder compound rear tires & softer compound front tires formula.
Cheers

EMU
2009.01.07, 03:43 AM
That body looks great, although a lot of rear weight. I personally would try it without the wing.

Carl, can you take a pic of the bottom of the body/inside?

eztuner12
2009.01.08, 05:09 PM
Hi
Perchance this body would work on an AWD 102w/b :eek: with a little work on the rear fender, as some guys do on 94 w/b shells to convert it 98w/b
Cheers

EMU
2009.01.09, 01:20 AM
I have tried the 3Racing 102mm gears, but they didnt mesh well. I think they are molded, not machined. I dont think that any other company makes gears for 102mm AWD... 102mm 2wd should work fine with this body.

eztuner12
2009.01.09, 11:09 AM
I have tried the 3Racing 102mm gears, but they didnt mesh well. I think they are molded, not machined. I dont think that any other company makes gears for 102mm AWD... 102mm 2wd should work fine with this body.

I was thinking in a 98-w/b-center drive shaft with a 98mm-spur gear.
In line to accomplish a 102 w/b AWD, we must use an ATM or PN 98 w/b-extension kit, plus a SAS Pro or Pro V-II with a 98-w/b-adapter plate, and slide the motor gear further out, aligned with the spur gear.
This may work!
Cheers

hrdrvr
2009.01.09, 12:56 PM
^ Thatll work to get your spur gear out to the diff, but how do you get the pinion gear out to the spur? Ive run this through my head tons of times, as Id like to run 102 for some testing. I just cant figure it without the 3r gears.

eztuner12
2009.01.09, 01:21 PM
how do you get the pinion gear out to the spur? .

As I wrote on my previous post. You slide the motor gear further out about 3 to 4mm on the motor armature shaft, you will have to use a ATM aluminum motor gear with the set-screw.
Cheers

CristianTabush
2009.01.16, 03:42 PM
So nice, but so long :o It is really unfortunate but it will for sure be on my shelf as a display. This is probably my favorite racing car ever...

eztuner12
2009.01.16, 04:18 PM
So nice, but so long :o It is really unfortunate but it will for sure be on my shelf as a display. This is probably my favorite racing car ever...

Hi Critian.
Have you tested this new McLaren???:)
Please post you test-ride outcome, compared to the old McLaren and the Enzo.:)
Thanks so much!!!
Cheers;)

hrdrvr
2009.01.16, 07:17 PM
As I wrote on my previous post. You slide the motor gear further out about 3 to 4mm on the motor armature shaft, you will have to use a ATM aluminum motor gear with the set-screw.
Cheers

Oops, i missd that. :o

Ive never had an ATM gear. If you really think you can slide it out ~4mm and be comfortable with the alignment you should definitly try it and report back. I wouldnt be comfortable with that on any of the gears Ive run.

Im also still a little shady about getting everything to line up right. I gave up 98mm some time back because of the lack of decent gear mesh options. Ive come back to it recently with good results, and would be delighted to try out 102 :D

eztuner12
2009.01.16, 07:53 PM
Oops, i missd that. :o

Ive never had an ATM gear. If you really think you can slide it out ~4mm and be comfortable with the alignment you should definitly try it and report back. I wouldnt be comfortable with that on any of the gears Ive run.

Im also still a little shady about getting everything to line up right. I gave up 98mm some time back because of the lack of decent gear mesh options. Ive come back to it recently with good results, and would be delighted to try out 102 :D

I have try the 102mm w/b, but with no body since I can't find a 102 w/b shell that would fit on the 4wd chassis. the test was very good, but without a body you can't really appreciate it to make/write a comment or review about it.
Cheers

EMU
2009.01.16, 09:00 PM
Richard, the Mazda 787 should fit...

eztuner12
2009.01.16, 10:06 PM
Richard, the Mazda 787 should fit...

Hi EMU,
I did considerate it in one occasion, even though, I am not into Japanese cars bodies specially Japanese GTPs, just really love Euro cars specially German. Some one, donít remember who, told me that to fit the Mazda 787 on a AM 4wd, I hade to do major work on the shells inside to make it fit, specially if a SAS was used on the 4wd chassis, some thing about fitting the SAS upper A-arms.
I ordered a new unpainted Mc-Le Mans, if it doesnít work fine on 98 w/b, which I think it will, Then I will work on its rear fenders to go 102 W/B.
Thxxx;)
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.01.28, 07:47 PM
Hello Guys.
Well, today I pick-up my unpainted Mclaren F1 GTR. I have to say, that to me, it is the most beautiful racing version Mini-z shell I have seen:eek:. Extremely detailed, nice shape and curves, the fact you have two options (Low Down force Aero & High Down force Aero) in which you can select to assemble it, is just great.:):):):):D
I was so impressed that I glued the side body mounts clips to the shell and the front body clip to my AWD chassis and just started to go around the track for a few laps just to feel its handling, ho wings, no lights, windows, nothing just the plain shell and love how it looks. I didnít go very fast so canít evaluate its handling capabilities, but certainly got the feeling it has a great potential to be a top gun.
At this point I have no time to full assemble it or test drive it:(, I guess this will happen in a month or so, but really looking forward to do so:D.
Cheers.;)

marc
2009.01.28, 10:07 PM
That Mclaren has an awesome azz. How do you like the new hand-polished finish as apposed to the Clear Gloss?

lfisminiz
2009.01.28, 10:27 PM
marc, he has the UNpainted version. The hand polished looks good to me. As far as race durability...i dont know. I put the autoscales on shelf and race the custom painted white bodies.;)

eztuner12
2009.01.29, 12:39 AM
Hi marc
Our friend lfisminiz is right, my Mc-GTR FI is an unpainted shell (white Body Set, None Decoration) as Kyosho refers to.
I really donít like to race with painted Auto scale bodies, they are too heavy, breaks to easy if some one crash into you, or hit you and throws you out of the track:rolleyes:. Really to me it is a pity to damage them, they look so good on a self:). So this one is to kick AÖ:mad:
Cheers;)

hrdrvr
2009.01.29, 08:21 AM
I think the hand polish is fine. It may not be as good as the awesome gloss cote, but ASCs are still far better than any other RC body Ive ever seen. Ive got this MclGTR, and the DBR9, and I think both of them look great.

There is still plenty of gloss to the paint, and I havent noticed any peeling of decals yet. Here a links to a couple of close-ups of the mentioned hand polished bodies.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2009-01-26021.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2009-01-16040.jpg

And just for giggles, here is a pic of mine on my mod AWD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/2009-01-26011.jpg

eztuner12
2009.01.29, 03:33 PM
Yep!!! Nice pic man:eek:.
Thxxx...
Cheers

Jace1283
2009.01.29, 10:20 PM
(yells) Mclaren eats cow fodder! CLK GTR for life!!! (runs away)

haha j/k. that body looks super smokin fast. how durable does it look? i saw it for 49.99, are they serious? just how fast do you plan on going with a body like that?, lol

hrdrvr
2009.01.30, 09:15 AM
Haha, you could have chosen anything else bu the CLK. I dont like how that body runs, lol.

Ill be honest, I dont really like Mclarens. I didnt like the way the street versions performed, or looked. This one on the other hand has a great stance, great curves, and a very mean look. The reason I bought it though (yes, even at $50 :rolleyes: ) is because of the way I hoped it would handle. Its a big body, which for me is fine for mod class, and great for holding the AWD down on its rubber.

As far as how fast I plan to go....as fast as I can, lol. This AWD is about the fastest thing Ive got for straight line, and with his new body and set up, it is mad fast and easy to control around the track.

EMU
2009.01.30, 02:59 PM
Landon, I am pretty sure he is referring to this CLK GTR, not the one that is already made for Mini-Z
http://www.autocult.com.au/img/gallery/full/CARmageddon1940.jpg

I think they would race very similarly if this were to be made...

hrdrvr
2009.01.30, 04:31 PM
^ Haha, you are probably right. I was thinking of the DTM CLK, lol.

mleemor60
2009.01.30, 06:24 PM
Thanks to LimmetED we very nearly do have the CLK GTR as well as the Porsche GT-1. Things are really looking up. Now if we could just get Kyosho to build white bodies and call them barn doors like the bigger body producers do to avoid liscensing we could get the stuff much quicker.

camaro93
2009.01.30, 06:34 PM
man that car looks great on those rims it just fits the car the frist set adn what leight is that body

thanks

Jace1283
2009.02.23, 07:38 PM
As far as how fast I plan to go....as fast as I can, lol. This AWD is about the fastest thing Ive got for straight line, and with his new body and set up, it is mad fast and easy to control around the track.

anyone have more input on the toughness of this body and it's handling on different chassis or classes?

EMU
2009.02.23, 08:41 PM
I have only driven it on an MR015, and it handles pretty good.

lfisminiz
2009.02.23, 09:30 PM
Ive been testing with it this past weekend on the 02 chassis. Its a big body but seems pretty nimble and precise in the corners. Im liking it more and more.

hrdrvr
2009.02.24, 08:36 AM
Ive still only run it on my mod AWD, and I still like it. I will say, I got the new VDS 2.5, and am back to prefering 94mm for now. Ive still got the Mcl set up, and will continue testing along with this VDS body before I rule out 98mm.

As for the durability, it seems like a VERY solid body. The lens buckets are flat and have good contact along the body. The body is also very thick in the front, and there is plenty of material around the head lights and body clip. The shape of it is also very good for glancing off of contact, so Id say, these should be good long lasting bodies, under normal racing conditions :D

Some one earlier asked for the weight as well. It weighs in at 43.5 loaded up with tire rubber, but without the body clip.

JoeKimble
2009.02.25, 04:03 PM
That is sweet looking

Jace1283
2009.03.11, 04:14 PM
old crow says he has 2.5s on the back, my question is...based off his pic what offset do you think fits in the back, 3 will fit no doubt, whatabout 3.5?

http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26429&d=1231201806

eztuner12
2009.03.11, 05:58 PM
Hi
I fitted 3.0 offset at rear and it is a perfect fitment, perhaps 3.5 would be to close to the fender edges. At front I m using 3.5 and yes there is so much space left, that a 4.0 or 4.5 offset would be the right fitment, but no one makes over 3.5 offset at least for 4wd chassis that I know.

Well, I am finishing with the detailing on my white unpainted Mc-FI GTR, so soon Iíll post some pics.
I have ended with clearing up the roof air scoop and roof itself for true air circulation into the chassis area and removed the two side rear air circulation openings to prevent a parachute effect, have clear up the windows at the rear & front edges under the shell to fit the rear SAS Pro V-II & front upper plate for free suspension movement, beside I filed down inside the front fender so the tires will rotate free under full load plus finished with the black colored body details & accessories gluing. I am on my way to paint the front lights case and voila:):):D.
Cheers

color01
2009.03.11, 06:32 PM
I'm running my McLaren GTR with enough shims on the rear axle to give the wheels an effective +3.5W offset. Still plenty of space left, this thing is as wide as the PN Pan Car. :)

In the front I've fitted +3N on the MRCG, so that's like +5.5N for the MA010, lol... this body has a LOT of wheel room to play with.

Btw, do you Autoscale owners have the high-downforce wing in the box? I have the white body and I find myself liking the high-downforce wing more than the low-downforce one. I think the extra height of the wing is making the rear end a bit more progressive, yet more planted because of the weight.

EMU
2009.03.11, 06:43 PM
Brian, the ASC does not come with the extra wing :( Guess there is a reason to buy the white body. I am going to try running this on an MR02 this week, and see how it feels. Last test was on an MR015... and I liked it, it was just too large to use for a 70t class (IMO). I used 1N/3W on the MR015. Basically Enzo offset...

Richard, ATM has +4mm front wheels... part AWD200-N40

eztuner12
2009.03.11, 07:25 PM
Brian, the ASC does not come with the extra wing :( Guess there is a reason to buy the white body. I am going to try running this on an MR02 this week, and see how it feels. Last test was on an MR015... and I liked it, it was just too large to use for a 70t class (IMO). I used 1N/3W on the MR015. Basically Enzo offset...

Richard, ATM has +4mm front wheels... part AWD200-N40

Hi Eugene
Thx for the ATM 4.0 offset info.
I think am using the same Enzo offset with the nice PN D5 Spoke alum rims.
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.03.14, 12:09 PM
Hi Gentlemen
Here are the pics to my McF1-GTR Le Mans
Notice the roof air scoop for true air intake, as well as the two side rear air circulation openings to prevent a parachute effect and release inside carbine hot air
Btw, again no good pics, as usual from me!:(
Cheers:)
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/eztuner12/McF1-GTRLeMans016.jpg
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/eztuner12/McF1-GTRLeMans006.jpg
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/eztuner12/McF1-GTRLeMans004-1.jpg
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/eztuner12/McF1-GTRLeMans005.jpg
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/eztuner12/McF1-GTRLeMans003.jpg
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq219/eztuner12/McF1-GTRLeMans008.jpg

lfisminiz
2009.03.14, 12:20 PM
Very nice body work.

eztuner12
2009.03.14, 03:22 PM
Very nice body work.

Thanks for the complements. The roof air-intake & both rear air exhaust openings were a hard task to accomplish, without messing up the body, since they are so small, but at the end they came-out very neat, much better, than painting them black.:)
Not much of a paint job since I really like the white color, which I can afford now, because mini electrics donít get dirty as gas cars do.
I really like the black details, specialy at the rear end and the front grill look like effect, my wife painted on it, simple but nice. Perhaps realistic.
BTW, Iíll like to thx Philip ďMr. PNĒ for the nice PN decals, as well as Menson and all the ***s from EGR Mart, for the nice too ATM decals, certainly my two 1/28 scale favorite brands:):):):D.
Cheers.

color01
2009.03.14, 03:25 PM
Looks good, what did you cut out the rear vents with? I definitely can't do that with the dremel tips I have...

eztuner12
2009.03.14, 04:04 PM
Looks good, what did you cut out the rear vents with? I definitely can't do that with the dremel tips I have...

Thanks Brian:).
I first made one tiny hole in each corner then two larger ones on the center of the simulated vents, with my Dremel, then started to remove material with an xacto until I was close to the edges, then filed down the rest with a carton women nails file, which I cut to fit it in and finished with 800 water sand paper, to smooth it as the shell surface. I used the same method on the roof air scope too.
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.03.14, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the complements. The roof air-intake & both rear air exhaust openings were a hard task to accomplish, without messing up the body, since they are so small, but at the end they came-out very neat, much better, than painting them black.:)
Not much of a paint job since I really like the white color, which I can afford now, because mini electrics donít get dirty as gas cars do.
I really like the black details, specialy at the rear end and the front grill look like effect, my wife painted on it, simple but nice. Perhaps realistic.
BTW, Iíll like to thx Philip ďMr. PNĒ for the nice PN decals, as well as Menson and all the ***s from EGR Mart, for the nice too ATM decals, certainly my two 1/28 scale favorite brands:):):):D.
Cheers.

Ups!!! I guess I misspell: Menson and all the ďguysĒ from. That the little stars came out

pchan0
2009.03.14, 11:17 PM
I just open mine up...:)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff294/pchan0/CIMG2341.jpg

eztuner12
2009.03.15, 12:13 AM
Hi pchan0
That was my second option, if I messed-up while cutting out the simulated rear vents. I bet that as you did yours, will provide a better air flow, practically 0 parachute effect, as we remove all the rear material on larger R/C scale cars, specially on GTP and Lola shells
Cheers

herman
2009.03.16, 02:48 AM
pchan0
that looks pretty clean... is that spoiler stock?

dahlis
2009.03.16, 03:27 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/dahlis/20090315142.jpg

Paintjob ala Dahlis for PN race in Sweden. Orange for PN racing yellow and blue for Swedens color.

herman
2009.03.16, 07:23 AM
eztuner12 - simple and very clean... i like it...

byebye
2009.03.16, 07:28 AM
pchan0
that looks pretty clean... is that spoiler stock?

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31160

Yeah it comes with two spoilers. I did a short write up.

I'm liking the body so far. I'm loving the paint jobs and looks of this body.

Kris

eztuner12
2009.03.16, 08:13 PM
eztuner12 - simple and very clean... i like it...

Thx 4 da complements herman:):).
As I explained earlier, I really like white bodies on R/C vehicles and mini-zs practically donít get dirty, nothing you canít wash out with water & soap or rubbing alcohol. By the way this shell weights 40 grams (Very heavy) with the material I have removed from the roof, rear vents and front area, and using the low down force rear wing, canít imagine who much weight paint & clear coat plus high down force rear wing will add.

Dahlis
Great paint job man, it looks extremely racing, any rear pic?

Cheers

color01
2009.03.17, 01:14 AM
I have a hunch that the high and low downforce wings weigh about the same. :confused: I'll be able to confirm or refute this in a couple days when I go back home...

Nice paint dahlis! Although if you're racing on Regupol, have you considered taking off the wing altogether?

dahlis
2009.03.17, 02:06 PM
Thanks.
I`ve just test it one evening and the fastest lap I did was without any rear wing. Fastest lap only 0.1 sek slower than the PN Pan Car and almost with now test time at all. And with very little change in chassie setup.
Next time Iīm going to test more and i think I need a different setup in the rear, cause now it was not stabile enough to push hard. But it got lots of steering so I think the body has potential.

My body weight is 44gram but I will sand and dremel it a lot.