PDA

View Full Version : PN Racing MR015/02 High Clamp Force T-Bar Mount

crazyracer
2009.01.06, 02:18 PM
http://www.pnracing.us/new/product_image/385_1.jpg
High Clamp Force T-Bar Mount

Machined threads allow for higher clamping force on T-Bar to prevent shifting during high g-force cornering. Application of high torque to stock self tapping screws to prevent shifting of T-Bar often lead to stripped screw holes.

Double length aluminum T-Bar Mount with 4 interlocking tabs to insure precise alignment with chassis. Alignment of T-Bar mount is achieved thru interlock of holder to chassis alignment tabs instead of self tapping screw torque.

Countersunk crews are inserted one adjustment position after of T-Bar screw hole. Therefore, chassis with stripped holes for T-Plate can be salvaged with this T-Bar Mount that use a different hole location

Installation Instructions

Note that since T-Bar Mount is double length, only the forward two T-Plate positions can be used on the chassis. (This is usually not an issue since the forward two position is enough to accommodate pretty much all bodies.)

Install the two countersunk screws to hold the T-Bar Mount onto the chassis. Do not over tight the self tapping screws, or the hole on the chassis may strip.

Fasten the T-Bar onto the holder with two machine screws. Be sure the machine screw threads protrude past the T-Bar Mount when the screws are seated. This will insure full thread engagement. Machine screws can then be torque tighter than the self tapping countersunk screws to securely fasten the T-Bar. Take care not to over torque machine screws.

It is advisable to test fit the T-Bar on the holder with the machine screws first to verify that that the machine screw threads protrudes past the holder. A minimum of 1 thread protrusion is recommended.

This item NOT use for 94mm RM and 106mm MM Wheels Base.

http://www.pnracing.us/MR2035-a.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/MR2035-b.jpg
http://www.pnracing.us/MR2035-c.jpg

ruf
2009.01.06, 04:07 PM
Nice idea Philip! I'd probably use longer screws in front too on an unstripped chassis.

benmlee
2009.01.14, 10:51 PM
This is definitely a good idea from Phil. Free running screws makes it so much easier to change H-plate. You don't have to worry about stripping out the chassis when trying different H-plates.

Skv012a
2009.01.15, 01:10 AM
Well, why not remove that top ridge at one end so it COULD be used with 94mm? I don't see why the mount can't be flipped and used the same way if you want the longer available wheelbase.

yasuji
2009.01.15, 02:10 AM
Well, why not remove that top ridge at one end so it COULD be used with 94mm? I don't see why the mount can't be flipped and used the same way if you want the longer available wheelbase.

this mount is designed for 94 thru 102 wheelbase using the proper mtr mts
the ridge @ the top is to better locate the H-plate so it will not move under racing conditions ;)

Skv012a
2009.01.15, 03:33 AM
this mount is designed for 94 thru 102 wheelbase using the proper mtr mts
the ridge @ the top is to better locate the H-plate so it will not move under racing conditions ;)

Seeing how the stock plastic spacer works just fine and that this clamp simply replaces that spacer with a more useful one, I don't really see a need for that ridge at the expense of limiting the possible bases. IMO if I were to buy an aluminum part, I'd want to get the most out of that money.

yasuji
2009.01.15, 11:11 AM
Seeing how the stock plastic spacer works just fine and that this clamp simply replaces that spacer with a more useful one, I don't really see a need for that ridge at the expense of limiting the possible bases. IMO if I were to buy an aluminum part, I'd want to get the most out of that money.

not only is it more useful but it also gives a more firm feel to the rear end
this is an excelent part for racing :p

EMU
2009.01.15, 12:33 PM
I see this as a must buy part, I like the way it is designed... Makes a big difference with confidence that the t-plate will stay in place.

dvsstrike
2009.01.15, 04:57 PM

your kiddin right? this things works the shizz. you can use the older version if you want to change wheel bases. this is the best thing pn could do if you run 94mm-102mm

Red Team
2009.01.16, 02:45 AM
Already ordered one. I'll let you know how it works.

Skv012a
2009.01.18, 09:00 PM
Ordered one as well and will see how loose the plates are on it "without" the ridge thing. If I don't like it it, I'll cut it, else keep it until I need to cut it.

dorifto46
2009.02.06, 01:14 AM
I bought one of these the other day and it made a big difference for me with my pn h plates. It holds the H plate very solid in place and now i dont have to adjust my radio steering balance at all after a hard hit.