PDA

View Full Version : MR-02 from MR-015?

nocomply
2009.01.07, 10:30 AM
Sounds dumb, I know, but I picked up a brand new Nascar ready set.

I never like the battery set up on my old 015s, and the same still holds true.

So, by buying the main chassis kit for an 02, can I swap everything else into that, and have a physically appearing 02?

The set was just dirt cheap to get a running car. I don't like the Nascar body either, so what is the factory wheelbase length on the Nascar cars?

Starsky
2009.01.07, 05:04 PM
Are you buying a RTR chassis set, a skeleton chassis set, or a chassis set w/o a controller?

Notwithstanding, there probably aren't many upgrades you could transfer other than the motor, PCB, wheels, and tires. I'm not 100% sure though, cuz I don't have an MR-015.

MINIz guy11
2009.01.07, 05:11 PM
You cannot just buy the main chassis kit as the chassis small parts from the MR-015 do not fit the MR-02. The easy way would be to buy a skeleton chassis, as that would include the chassis small parts kit too. Even then so, I'm not positive the skeleton chassis will come with the power wire holders, as I don't recall my skeleton chassis including one.

Also, you will need a MR-02 tierod.

I believe that is all you need. I'm not sure about the motor mounts of a Nascar kit, but I think they are either MM or RM, and not the newer LM motor mounts.

HammerZ
2009.01.08, 08:31 AM
Nascars are MM mounts with a 102mm wheelbase.

The funny thing is the MR015 skeleton kits have the plastic screw pieces for the board wires, why the MR02 skeleton kits don't have those pieces I have no idea. You have to also buy the small parts set for those anyway.