PDA

View Full Version : WTB: dummy chassis

Dudemeister
2009.01.07, 08:58 PM
NAME : Chris Pirvan
DESCRIPTION : Dummy chassis

Looking for 4 or 5 dummy chassis with or without wheels. If no wheels, they should at least have the axles.

Display case would be a plus but is not required.

Let me know what you have and how much you're asking for it/them shipped.

atallfunguy
2009.01.07, 10:16 PM
I have the Chassis, display case, rims, tires, everything,

Your price 0

Just pick it up at ILR or I can give it to one of the guys that come to race from SF on Sat.

Do you know Romel or Hernandez ??

Paul

Dudemeister
2009.01.07, 10:25 PM
I have the Chassis, display case, rims, tires, everything,

Your price 0

Just pick it up at ILR or I can give it to one of the guys that come to race from SF on Sat.

Do you know Romel or Hernandez ??

Paul
Thank you Paul,

I appreciate the offer, and I'm sure that we will be able to work something out. Yes I do know Romel and Jonathan, so if you can send it with them, that would be great. :)

On the other hand, if you want to check out the bodies first hand, I'm planning on being there around 2-3 PM.

Chris.

Dudemeister
2009.02.03, 02:36 AM
I'm still looking for some dummy chassis.

The previous offer did not come through, so if anyone has some dummy chassis for sale, let me know your asking price. You can post here or send PM.

My custom Ferrari F430's are looking for some "undergarments".;)

Thanks

jude26
2009.02.03, 11:47 AM
I've got one. I don't know, how about $10 shipped? Comes with axles, no wheels or tires.

mini-z
2009.02.03, 12:12 PM
We've got dozens of dummy chassis, cases, and tires - we plan on adding them in a new part-out section of the shop - what do people think w/b a fair price? :)

Skv012a
2009.02.03, 12:32 PM
We've got dozens of dummy chassis, cases, and tires - we plan on adding them in a new part-out section of the shop - what do people think w/b a fair price? :)

Body is 20$, rims are 5$, 40 tires could be 5-10$, the case prolly $10 by itself, so dummy could be $5 since it serves the least purose out of the whole AS set.

marc
2009.02.03, 02:06 PM
Don't forget to include the dumby chassis wheel nut's. Those are the little black nub's that you pop off when you remove the wheels from the axles. The dumby chassis is incomplete without those as they are vital to keeping the wheels on. I've never tried it, but I dont' know if the alloy wheel lock's will work on the dumby axles. I would say $2 dollars for a full set of four of those wheel lock's.
Oh yea, let's not forget that plastic peice that holds the dumby chassis onto the display base!

Dudemeister
2009.02.03, 08:30 PM

I think a fair price for the a display case with a dummy chassis is about $10.

Especially if you consider that some of these have already been paid for, I assume that these parts are left over after the ASC body was used for either customization of a ready set, or sold to racers who bought the bodies strictly for racing not collecting. So the remaining parts (dummy chassis, wheels and display case), have already been paid for, so whatever they bring on the open market is pure profit.

Body is 20$, rims are 5$, 40 tires could be 5-10$, the case prolly $10 by itself, so dummy could be $5 since it serves the least purose out of the whole AS set.
Don't forget to include the dumby chassis wheel nut's.... I would say $2 dollars for a full set of four of those wheel lock's.
Oh yea, let's not forget that plastic peice that holds the dumby chassis onto the display base!

Seriously, have you guys really thought this through? This stuff that is considered "trowaway" (since the really important part is the ASC body), at the prices you guys have set, it would cost $27. For 3 dollars more I can buy a complete ASC gloss coat, keep the dummy chassis and the case and either sell the ASC body, race it into the ground, or simply throw it away. I think you guys need to step back and reconsider what you THINK you'd be willing to pay for it, because you KNOW that if it when it comes down to it you won't pay it.

So, now that we are talking prices, and this is the thread I started after all, I am willing to pay $5.00 for a dummy chassis with axles and wheels, and $10 for a complete set.

If Tiny RC is indeed considering selling this stuff, at these prices I would buy a few pieces (5 to start with)

Skv012a
2009.02.03, 09:01 PM
Both of us said it should cost about $5 and you just said you WOULD pay $5 for it, so whats the problem?

briankstan
2009.02.03, 09:07 PM
$5 for the case and dummy chassis is a good price. more that that, it's not worth it.

jude26
2009.02.03, 09:16 PM
I guess it comes down to how bad you want/need it. You might be willing to only pay $5 at the most for it and by all means thats your choice. For me personally, for $5 its not worth packing up, cost of a padded envelope, postage and the hassle of going to the post office.

Dudemeister
2009.02.03, 09:23 PM
Both of us said it should cost about $5 and you just said you WOULD pay $5 for it, so whats the problem?

Actually, by your account, the rims were $5, the chassis was $5, the case was $10, and the tires were $5 to 10, that's $25. Marc then added $2 for the little wheel nuts, for a total $27.

That is the number I have a problem with. Yes, the dummy chassis with wheels, axles and lock nuts is worth $5, the display case is worth another $5.

arch2b
2009.02.03, 09:27 PM
where is the sense of community? i gave most if not all of mine away for the cost of shipping.

sure it takes some effort to find a free usps box, sit in front of the computer to print a shipping label and make the trip to the mail box to leave it there for the postman to pick up.

are you guys really that lazy that you can't take maybe 10 minutes out of your day to help another mini-z member?

i honestly have to say i'm disappointed by some of the responses here. i thought we as a community here were made of better stuff than opportunistic profit driven scalpers.

send me an email thru the forum. i will personally give you a dummy chassis from one of my shelf autoscales. all for the simple cost of basic usps priority shipping and a couple minutes of my time.

Dudemeister
2009.02.03, 09:30 PM
I guess it comes down to how bad you want/need it. You might be willing to only pay $5 at the most for it and by all means thats your choice. For me personally, for $5 its not worth packing up, cost of a padded envelope, postage and the hassle of going to the post office.

I agree with you, going through that is a hassle, unless you have more than one to sell.

If you had 4 or 5 to sell, and someone was willing to pay, let's say, $25-30 for all of them shipped, then you probably would do it, because the cost to put them in a Priority Mail box and ship them accross the country would be about $5. So you would net $20-25 on something that to you may not be worth anything.

Just a thought....

jude26
2009.02.03, 09:35 PM
Arch, you have to be commanded on your willingness to give things away and I've always been one of the first to command you on that.

Thats being said, not all of us can print out labels or have the ability to get it to the mailman. I personally have to go to the post office during lunch and where its located, I end up wasting at least 35-45 minutes.

Unfortunetly, we don't have all the same situation.

Dudemeister
2009.02.03, 09:36 PM
where is the sense of community? i gave most if not all of mine away for the cost of shipping.

sure it takes some effort to find a free usps box, sit in front of the computer to print a shipping label and make the trip to the mail box to leave it there for the postman to pick up.

are you guys really that lazy that you can't take maybe 10 minutes out of your day to help another mini-z member?

i honestly have to say i'm disappointed by some of the responses here. i thought we as a community here were made of better stuff than opportunistic profit driven scalpers.

send me an email thru the forum. i will personally give you a dummy chassis from one of my shelf autoscales. all for the simple cost of basic usps priority shipping.

I agree with you and do appreciate the offer. :)

However, I am hoping that the TinyRC store would be able to offer some for sale. I honestly think it's fair to charge $10 for a dummy chassis/case set, and would buy some immediately.

So before you deprive one of your models of its home, let's wait and see if "mini-z" and the store can come through with some of these.

Thanks.

arch2b
2009.02.03, 09:40 PM
Arch, you have to be commanded on your willingness to give things away and I've always been one of the first to command you on that.

Thats being said, not all of us can print out labels or have the ability to get it to the mailman. I personally have to go to the post office during lunch and where its located, I end up wasting at least 35-45 minutes.

Unfortunetly, we don't have all the same situation.

your absolutely correct dear sir. for those with extenuating circumstances, please ignore my rant as it does not apply to you. i leave it to the reader to determine.

Marianitem
2009.02.03, 10:20 PM
Dudemeister: sorry to use your thread but iīm actually looking for the same stuff. If inappropiate, just delete it :p

I have at least 3 bodies laying on my desk without a dummy. So if anyone else have some and is not using them let me know (PM me). I donīt actually need rims, and case would rise shipping too much i guess.

I guess a dummy without rims or case can fit an envelope instead of spending on boxes.

Thk you all.