PDA

View Full Version : 2X2 stacked FETS

vincentliii
2009.01.10, 07:50 AM
I am trying to solder a 2X2 Stacked FETS to my miniZ PCB but the black component is blocking the way to the input legs. Do you desolder the black component ( Dont know what is it called) and fix the FETS ? Seems like there is no space and quite difficult to solder without removing the black component. Please help

byebye
2009.01.10, 09:29 AM
I am trying to solder a 2X2 Stacked FETS to my miniZ PCB but the black component is blocking the way to the input legs. Do you desolder the black component ( Dont know what is it called) and fix the FETS ? Seems like there is no space and quite difficult to solder without removing the black component. Please help

I always stacked layer by layer, never a pre-stacked set.

http://www2.mini-zracer.com/albums/album477/FET_upgrade_video_part_2.wmv

Kris

Action B
2009.01.10, 02:10 PM

I DO prestack the FETs. The black box is annoying but I just hold the soldering iron more vertically and just tack solder each leg to the pad. It is the most difficult part of the FET upgrade for sure. Sometimes I do touch the black box accidentally when I'm doing it, but if its only for a moment it will be fine. I've done four FET jobs in this way.

vincentliii
2009.01.11, 01:01 AM
ok I have managed to soldered pre stacked 2x2 FETS, the black component is quite irritating, now the car zips around very fast!!:p

Action B
2009.01.11, 06:57 PM
ok I have managed to soldered pre stacked 2x2 FETS, the black component is quite irritating, now the car zips around very fast!!:p

Great, I'm glad it worked out for you.

byebye
2009.01.11, 09:18 PM
Yeah FET stacking can be difficult. Its takes job after job to perfect your technique.

Kris

x_zminiracer
2009.01.12, 12:16 PM
you need a small tipped iron and even have seen a small curved tip used, and do the side with the black thing in the way first or you'll also have the other stack in the way.