PDA

View Full Version : Tallgeese and I Drifting

Skv012a
2009.01.12, 08:49 PM
cliplets of our lil session the past saturday, I'm still a long way from being smooth and consistent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAl8FwRRxU

TheRinger
2009.01.12, 10:03 PM
Cool video, I need 2 get a drift car together.

Skv012a
2009.01.13, 02:59 AM
Defenetly man. I got an 86 coming which I'll either do in all white like they sold here or red and black for variety's sake.

TALLGEESE
2009.01.13, 04:05 PM
Vid looks good Igor, I'm still a newbie when it comes to drifting the AWD so anytime I can get to practice is good for me..

Skv012a
2009.01.13, 04:30 PM
Lol, if you're a newbie then what does that make me?

pedrocamp
2009.01.13, 09:25 PM
You guys will be full on sideways by Nekocon time!

Pedro

cosmicsoul
2009.01.13, 09:57 PM
Cool vid, so do you guys have any suggestions in terms of steering adjust ments for drifting. Do you have your Tx steering adjustments (balance and travel) set a paticular way or do you you keep it the same as you would normally if your not drifting. I cant keep it sideways much after a turn, I have to straighten out until the next turn which is fine on the longer straights. I guess practice makes perfect. Have you checked out the vid from the FRP drifting event?

Jay

Skv012a
2009.01.13, 10:18 PM
I'm trying to learn to drift for speed than for show. The faster I can take a corner, the better. I myself run KT18 with bone stock settings and its fine IMO. I might adjust the throttle travel a little, but the rest lies in the skill vs setup. Wheelbase should be 94, I was much better with it vs 90. Last thing that TG recommended was PN 70 turn motor for long, cool runtimes.

I'll check and comment on that vid a tad later. Also, check my youtube channel for previous vid @ Awesome RC. After shooting that one, I could gun throught the wide right U turn full speed without wall-raping.

atallfunguy
2009.01.13, 10:48 PM
Check out the video from our club

this sundays drift comp and car show..

It was a fun event to watch..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgOA5lYpbRg&feature=related

Skv012a
2009.01.14, 01:43 AM

Looks great man. Whenever I get that mini 96, I was thinking of making it into a classic set of hairpins and then a long straight leading back to the beginning. Then prop it all with boxes or something to make it 3D and then start learning real touge drifting :D

Traveler
2009.01.14, 06:25 AM
cliplets of our lil session the past saturday, I'm still a long way from being smooth and consistent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynAl8FwRRxU

Nice vid. What kind of setup are you using, specially the tires?

Skv012a
2009.01.14, 04:57 PM
Drift narrows all around. No point in drifting with rubber really.

TALLGEESE
2009.01.14, 05:28 PM
Lol, if you're a newbie then what does that make me?

Until we both get some more practice, I'd say we're both newbs for right now Igor.. I've probably drifted my AWD a total of around 5-6 times so far, we need to run together more to raise our skill level..

You guys will be full on sideways by Nekocon time!

That's the plan Pedro, hopefully we'll have it down in time for this year's Nekocon in November..

Cool vid, so do you guys have any suggestions in terms of steering adjust ments for drifting. Do you have your Tx steering adjustments (balance and travel) set a paticular way or do you you keep it the same as you would normally if your not drifting. I cant keep it sideways much after a turn, I have to straighten out until the next turn which is fine on the longer straights. I guess practice makes perfect. Have you checked out the vid from the FRP drifting event?

Jay

Jay, good to hear from you man, have you gotten to run on those Kyosho drift wheels I gave you yet?? As far as transmitter settings, at the moment I've got my steering travel turned down to 80% with the steering speed turned down to 70% on my EX-1UR radio.. I'm running the steering balance at 0%, I like to run my steering slightly more responsive when I drift than when I do grip/regular driving.. As far as the FPR drifting event goes, I've been meaning to check it out..

TALLGEESE
2009.01.14, 05:59 PM

Wow, awesome vid, love the track layout and the cars, very nice.. If I had the opportunity to setup our track on a more permanent basis, I'd love to run the back straight over the top like that.. That's a great way to get a lot more track setup in a smaller area..

Skv012a
2009.01.14, 06:37 PM
Just set it up more often TG ;)

cosmicsoul
2009.01.15, 08:39 AM
Jeremy, definately been using those drift tires. Unfortunately, not with the desired result. My orange supra looks good though! Landon posted a large event at Myrtle beach on March the 7. Hope to see you guys there.

Jay