PDA

View Full Version : F1 vs. mini-z parts

ViperKid
2002.06.07, 11:15 PM
i just got my pay check for putting up fences, and i want your honest opinion. should i get a mini-z f1 or some more alloy parts for the old viper? i got $200 and i already spend $50 for the tison-lewis fight, which tison will win! Could some one who was an f1 help me out, are they better than mini-zs? thanks, can't wait till saterday!:p :p

Mondo
2002.06.08, 04:28 AM
Viperkid,

I was in the same situation a while back.
I bought the F1.
Now I own two Mini-Z Racers and two F1's.

The detail on the F1's is stunning too!
The hop-ups for the F1's are quite limited, as out of the box, they handle like they are on rails.
The F1's needs a ball-diff, bearings, kingpins, motor and some softer tyres.
That's minimal compared to a Mini-Z Racer!

The Thunderer
2002.06.08, 04:55 AM
I like the F1's very much but I use the StreetRacers more (and I really like them too). As for hop ups, there seem to be more and more coming out for the F1, but there will never be as many as for the streetracers.

I'm kinda like Mondo. I've got 3 StreetRacers and 1 F1 (and quite a number of different bodies to change to when I get bored). And to think that it all started when my brother, Crusader 4x, e-mailed me a PICTURE of a Z! Now, look where I am!!!

I'm thinking of adding 1 more F1 to the stable (more if those beautiful bodies on that Japanese site start coming out). Then, I've got other RC's to work on (RS4, ABC, BRP, Bit Char G). What did I step into???

mini-z
2002.06.09, 12:46 PM
i got $200 and i already spend $50 for the tison-lewis fight, which tison will win!

Oops, 'fraid not! Lewis smashed him bad! Anyway, do you race, or just drive for fun? Do you have friends or people in your area with Zs? If you race, then you may want to go with the hop-ups. If not, then you may want to get the F1 so that you can have a friend drive your other Z if there's no one in your area that has them.

ViperKid
2002.06.09, 01:42 PM
yeah, that sucked, but tison was strong for two rounds. no one in my area has mini-zs and if there are i haven't found them. I race by myself, just for fun. i want something that i can smash and bash, and i'm afraid the f1 won't take it, kind of like tison. oh, well guess it's more blue alum. :p

Mondo
2002.06.11, 03:53 PM
ViperKid,

You want something to "smash and bash"?
Then a Mini-Z just isn't for you.

I recommend a Traxxas T-Maxx

ViperKid
2002.06.11, 04:19 PM
I recommend a Traxxas T-Maxx

no thanks i've had it with nitro car and trucks, besides i love mini-zs and you can smash and bash to a certain degree. i have seen mini-zs take some pretty hard hits, sure you may break something now and then but it won't totally distroy the car, it holds up better than my other 1/10th cars for sure!