PDA

View Full Version : March 7th, Myrtle Beach, SC

hrdrvr
2009.01.14, 04:15 PM
Myrtle Beach MiniZ Racers and 843 R/C Hobbies are joining forces to bring you Myrtle Beaches first large sized small scale event :D This event will be sponsered by 843 R/C Hobbies as well as MBMZR and a few others. So far I have secured sponsership from reflexracing.net (big thanks to CT and the gang!), and look to gain a few more.

EDIT: I spoke with CT this week, and reflexracing is putting us together a nice package of door prizes! I also secured a deal with 3CGrafx for some custom PitBoards to give away as door prizes! This is in addition to all the garb that our club and LHS are going to put up!! There are goig to be a lot of happy people walking away from this one :D

The owner at 843 promises ot put up some great prizes as well. I wouldnt be suprised if a couple of 2.4 chassis sets ended up on the door prize table :D There will be plenty of other race-worthy garb to be had as well!

We are going to be holding the event at 843s new track set up. This RCP track consists of 6 wide-Ls, an expansion tile pack, and wide radius insde corners. It covers somewhere in the neighborhood of a 40'x25' space with an everchanging, flowing layout. The layout for this event is sure to be set up for high speed and technical racing alike. You can check the Myrtle Beach area section for pics on 843s track room set up.

There will be plenty of pit space and power available, but if you want to bring an extra power strip or extension cord, it may not be a bad idea.

Parking is a little thin, but should be ample. The last few poeple who arrive may have a little bit of a walk, so if you want a choice spot, you better get here early :D

***The track will be open for practice friday night until 9pm, and will re-open for at 9am saturday morning.***

SIGN IN WILL END AT 11AM, AND QUAIFIERS WILL START PROMPTLY AT 12.

EDIT FOR UPDATED INFORMATION
Ive decided to copy all of the posts with important info to this original post. Itll be easier for people coming to the thread to find the information.

CLASSES:
We will run four classes: LM, F1, stock, and mod. The hobby shop has taken on a new format as well, by including a sportsman event for each class. It really has promoted folks getting into racing, and I think it may help get a crowd out for this event. It gives the different skill levels a chance for their best qualifying scores, as well as giving every one a chance at an 8 minute main and an "A" victory. See below for rule specifications.

LeMans Spec Class:
Kyosho MR02 only
Kyosho LM ASC (102mm, no shortening!)
Kyosho LM style wheels
Kyosho LM tires only! They can be any grade, but must be LM specific.
Electronics have no limitations
Kyosho box stock motor or PN70t <- THIS IS A CHANGE!!
4xAAA batteries, no lithium

Formula 1:
Kyosho F1 chassis
Kyosho F1 body
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) wheels. They have to be stock size and excpet stock tires
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) tires. Any rubber tires, no traction comound
Electronics and motors have no limitations

Stock class:
Any 1/28th scale chassis
Any ASC body except LM type, No pan shells, no lexan
Any plastic or aluminum mini-Z wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Rubber tires, no foams, no traction compound
70t un-modified* bushing motor only (Kyosho, PN, or ATM)

*Unmodified means exactly what it says. The race directors have the right to DQ any motors suspected of foul play. No extra cooling holes, no holes for accessing the comm, no brush swapping, no spring swapping, no opening the can for any reason what so ever. If you are running an after market motor pod with a kyosho stock motor, you are allowed to drill two holes for mounting it, as long as you do so without opening the can.

Mod Class:
Any 1/28th scale chassis
Any 1/28th scale body (86mm to 106mm)
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Rubber tires or foam tires, NO traction compound
Pan bodies as well as lexan are excepted
Batteries have no limitations

There are no weight limits on any classes, but excesive removal of material from the bodies is prohibited. The body must appear stock form the outside. Removal of material for suspension, steering, and track clearance is legal. Removal of aero parts from the front to keep from catching on/under the walls is legal. Formaula-1 cars must have front wings installed, but can be modded or protected from catching walls. If a bumper is used, it cannot be wider then the outside of the front wheels. Touring bodies can be modded to run different wheel bases in stock and mod, but LM bodies must remain 102mm for LM class.

Again, track directors have the right to refuse to let some one run a specific body or DQ some one who has run a body that does not comply with these guidelines.

SHOPPING and ATTRACTIONS:

This has a lot of the local shopping spots listed.
http://www.myrtlebeachshopping.com/

Broadway is a great place to shop, but there are also hotels, resaraunts, night clubs, and aquarium, and a couple of theaters. Its only a few minutes from 843 RACEWAY, so it may be a good spot to stay as well :D
http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

There are also all kinds of shows and nightly attractions that you guys may be interested in for friday night if you are coming down a day early. I doubt we should plan around any thing for saturday night, as pending the crowd, we may have a long day of racing ahead of us :D In searching for a good list of live attractions I came across this MB visitor site that should cover just about everything I didnt. :D
http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/

Its got everything youd want to know about visiting MB, so that should be a good resource for wives/families planning to attend.

Another thing, if youve got kids coming, you may be interested in one of the beaches fun parks. :D Ironically, they arent listed on the previous site, but google has a good run-down of them. They are all within 20-30 minutes of 843.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=myrtle+beach+theme+parks&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

PRICING:

For this event we will do one fee for all classes offered. It will be $20 for adults, and $10 for 15 and under. One of the forum members here said it best, "if you can drive to the track, you can pay the fee to race" :D

This fee will include your rental transponder if you need one, and a door prize ticket. It will however not include the transponder harness. The LHS (or I) will have them for sale/loan on site for those who dont have them allready.

You can also grab one up online or at most LHSs. RcKenon almost always has them in stock. (Click me for direct link) (http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281)

TENATIVE DRIVERS LIST:

Formula 1 (13):
Art
Dale
Earl
Ed
Gregg
Hank
Jay
Landon
Mike
Rylan
Shane
Tannie
Wade

LeMans (21):
Andy
Bobby
Collin
Ed
Ed R
Gregg
Griffin
Hank
Jay
KB
Kevin
Landon
Matthew
Mike
Monty
Pedro
Rylan
Shane
Tannie
Wade
Woodie

Stock (22):
Andy
Art
Bobby
Brandon
Dale
Dustin
Earl
Ed
Eric
Gregg
Hank
Jay
Jeremy
Josh
KB
Landon
Maya
Nate
Pedro
Shane
Tannie
Wade
Woodie

Mod (13):
Andy
Dale
Earl
Eric
Gregg
Hank
Jay
Josh
Jeremy
Landon
Mike
Pedro
Wade

pinoyboy
2009.01.17, 12:06 AM
I'm thinking 4 classes at most
-MR-02 stock
-Lemans stock
-F1
-mod(mr-02, ma-010, or aftermarket chassis)

hrdrvr
2009.01.17, 09:13 PM
Thats pretty much what weve decided to go with. :D I want all classes to be run with any chassis though. There are a few folks out there that may prefer to run AWD in stock, and I dont want to deter them, especialy if thats all theyve got. Also, I like keeping things open to all of the new chassis that are coming out, and believe they should have a place in stock class as well.

We will run four classes: LM, F1, stock, and mod. The hobby shop has taken on a new format as well, by including a sportsman event for each class. It really has promoted folks getting into racing, and I think it may help get a crowd out for this event. It gives the different skill levels a chance for their best qualifying scores, as well as giving every one a chance at an 8 minute main and an "A" victory. See below for rule specifications.

LeMans Spec Class:
Kyosho MR02 only
Kyosho LM style wheels

Formula 1:
Kyosho F1 chassis
Kyosho F1 body
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) wheels. They have to be stock size and excpet stock tires
Kyosho F1 (or aftermarket) tires. Any rubber tires, no traction comound

Stock class:
Any 1/28th scale chassis
Any ASC body except LM type, No pan shells, no lexan
Any plastic or aluminum mini-Z wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Rubber tires, no foams, no traction compound
70t un-modified* bushing motor only (Kyosho, PN, or ATM)

*Unmodified means exactly what it says. The race directors have the right to DQ any motors suspected of foul play. No extra cooling holes, no holes for accessing the comm, no brush swapping, no spring swapping, no opening the can for any reason what so ever. If you are running an after market motor pod with a kyosho stock motor, you are allowed to drill two holes for mounting it, as long as you do so without opening the can.

Mod Class:
Any 1/28th scale chassis
Any 1/28th scale body (86mm to 106mm)
Any plastic or aluminum miniZ wheels (14mm X 22m or less)
Rubber tires or foam tires, NO traction compound
Pan bodies as well as lexan are excepted
Batteries have no limitations

There are no weight limits on any classes, but excesive removal of material from the bodies is prohibited. The body must appear stock form the outside. Removal of material for suspension, steering, and track clearance is legal. Removal of aero parts from the front to keep from catching on/under the walls is legal. Formaula-1 cars must have front wings installed, but can be modded or protected from catching walls. If a bumper is used, it cannot be wider then the outside of the front wheels. Touring bodies can be modded to run different wheel bases in stock and mod, but LM bodies must remain 102mm for LM class.

Again, track directors have the right to refuse to let some one run a specific body or DQ some one has run a body that does not comply with these gudlines.

More details to come later :D

hpgod
2009.01.20, 01:16 PM
What is the address for the hobby shop? I do not see it in the forums here.
I am planning on coming over from atlanta with the family and trying to plan a hotel.
Art Shull

hrdrvr
2009.01.20, 02:20 PM
Art,
Ill get the physical address for you, but IDK if itll do any good. The street isnt listed on mapquest, google maps, or any GPS Ive ever tried. You can look it up on google maps or on your GPS by the lat longs easily though. (33.677582, -78.964566)

Are you guys going to try and stay on the beach? If you get a place close to the south end, you wont be more than 10-15 miuntes away. The street that cuts over from the beach to the LHS is right at the very south end of ocean blvd (where it ends in Myrtle Beach anyway). If you dont want to pay beach dollars, look into the hotels around "Broadway at the Beach (http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/)". There are lots of things for the wife and kids to do at broadway, and its only about 10 minutes from the track. Since its not right on the beach, pricing is a lot cheaper (atleast it was back the last time I looked for a room :D)

I hope this helps. Ill get you the address when I can, but if youve got any more questions, dont hesitate to ask :D

VAzRACER
2009.01.20, 07:09 PM
Just use the cords that Landon listed, they put you right in front of the alley that the shop is in. Just print the map you get and it makes it easy to find the exact place.

hpgod
2009.01.26, 08:42 PM
body question is removal of the extra window material under the roof allowed?

hrdrvr
2009.01.26, 09:31 PM
^ Yeah, thats fine Art. Basically if it looks stock from the outside, Im good with it.

hpgod
2009.01.27, 12:11 PM
I am trying out the new audis since people said they handles like a lexus. They are more top heavy then the lexus, ie rolling more. I am hoping that removing the extra material will get similar to my lexus setup is refined and that I love.

hrdrvr
2009.01.27, 01:43 PM
The audi seemed to hae a lot moe steering than the lexus IMO. It also performed a lot better at low grip tracks than the lexus does.

FWIW, the track at 843 will have a tad more grip than Patricks track did when I was down there. My F1 and AWD were almost diealed without any changes, but I couldnt get the rear of my 2wd stock to find traction, even with PN 6s or SSGs. I dont know how Hank modded his cars when he came down here for the Turkey race, but he should be able to give you some insight to traction levels. His cars were hooked big time up on our track, and traction is almost equal from mine to the hobby shop :D

hrdrvr
2009.02.04, 09:23 AM
Well guys we are only about a month away, and feb is a short month :D There have been plenty of verbal committments so even though the thread doesnt show a lot of activity, there is a good crowd planning to attend!

I wanted to drop a few links on the thread for the wives.

This has a lot of the local shopping spots listed.
http://www.myrtlebeachshopping.com/

Broadway is a great place to shop, but there are also hotels, resaraunts, night clubs, and aquarium, and a couple of theaters. Its only a few minutes from 843 RACEWAY, so it may be a good spot to stay as well :D
http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

There are also all kinds of shows and nightly attractions that you guys may be interested in for friday night if you are coming down a day early. I doubt we should plan around any thing for saturday night, as pending the crowd, we may have a long day of racing ahead of us :D In searching for a good list of live attractions I came across this MB visitor site that should cover just about everything I didnt. :D
http://www.visitmyrtlebeach.com/

Its got everything youd want to know about visiting MB, so that should be a good resource for wives/families planning to attend.

Another thing, if youve got kids coming, you may be interested in one of the beaches fun parks. :D Ironically, they arent listed on the previous site, but google has a good run-down of them. They are all within 20-30 minutes of 843.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=myrtle+beach+theme+parks&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

Hopfully this will get things started for folks making plans to come in from out of town.

hrdrvr
2009.02.04, 09:33 AM
For this event we will do one fee for all classes offered. It will be $20 for adults, and $10 for 15 and under. One of the forum members here said it best, "if you can drive to the track, you can pay the fee to race" :D

This fee will include your rental transponder if you need one, and a door prize ticket. It will however not include the transponder harness. The LHS will have them for sale on site for those who dont have them allready.

You can also grab one up online or at most LHSs. RcKenon almost always has them in stock. (Click me for direct link) (http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281)

mleemor60
2009.02.04, 09:36 AM
Landon, High Speed ordered a handful yesterday so our group should be covered.

pedrocamp
2009.02.04, 12:21 PM
Looking forward to the race Landon. MRCG is together, actually run it tomorrow at High Speed for the first time. I think I may run Stock, Mod and Lemans. No F1. May bring the AWD...

Pedro

hpgod
2009.02.04, 12:24 PM
I have the hotel booked. Its a little far from the shop but the indoor water park will keep the kids happy:)

I will need 2 harnesses.

I am in for f1 and stock.

If the heats are seperated enough I may run mod also if I have time to swap motors.

Art Shull (atlanta)

hrdrvr
2009.02.04, 12:50 PM
Landon, High Speed ordered a handful yesterday so our group should be covered.

Cool Mike. Having them mounted upon arrival will be a good thing for you guys ;)

Looking forward to the race Landon. MRCG is together, actually run it tomorrow at High Speed for the first time. I think I may run Stock, Mod and Lemans. No F1. May bring the AWD...

Pedro

Dang, no F1 :( j/k

Ive been working on my MRCG, but for some reason the AWD is just so much more fun to work on, lol. Im hoping to run MRCG in mod, but Ill have an AWD ready too :D

I have the hotel booked. Its a little far from the shop but the indoor water park will keep the kids happy:)

I will need 2 harnesses.

If the heats are seperated enough I may run mod also if I have time to swap motors.

Art Shull (atlanta)

Art, unless you went all the way up to North Myrtle, you wont be any more than 25-30 minutes away. Its a small beach :D Keeping the fam happy is WAY more priority than driving distance on this trip, lol.

Ill have two harnesses set aside for you. I dont think heats will be seperated enough for motor swapping, unless you dont need time for anything else but that. Stock and mod will probably be sperated by LM or F1, but with a bunch of heats to run, Im hoping everything moves on pretty fast. Id just plan on two classes if I were you. :D

Thanks guys for sharing your desired classses guys. Ill edit a tenative drivers list into the first post soon.

pinoyboy
2009.02.04, 12:55 PM
I'm in for all classes as usual:p

mleemor60
2009.02.04, 01:00 PM

I will need 2 harnesses.

Art Shull (atlanta)

Art, I carry a few extra motors just in case something goes wrong. Unless you need something off the map for a motor I'll do my best to help you out.

TALLGEESE
2009.02.04, 04:40 PM
Landon, I just found out this past weekend that I might possibly have a ride down to this event.. I was wondering what timing system do you guys use down there? I'm pretty positive it's Giro-Z, but I'd like to be sure so I can prep my cars for this event beforehand to save some time. If I can make this event, I'm plannning on running stock and mod class, maybe F1 as well..

mleemor60
2009.02.04, 04:58 PM
Jeramy, it will be great to see you again. This is going to be a really good event. You will be glad that you made it.

hrdrvr
2009.02.05, 09:34 AM
Hank, you didnt have to say that :D Ill be running all of them with you again, hoping I can steal atleast one from you :D I know youll be coming for that F1 win, so Ill be defending that one the hardest, lol. I got Matt in F1 again the last time he came down too, so I know y'all are both going to be after me big time in that class :D

J, Itll be great to run with you again! I hope you do decide to run F1. Im trying to get it promoted at our track (very hard when they are AM :(), and it would be great to show these locals a full field of fast racers :D

We do run Giro-Z. You can get the transponder harness (http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281) at RcKenon. We will have loaner transponders, so you dont have to buy one of them. If you want one for convinence sake, let me a get an updated list of numbers that are in use at our track before you purchase.

hpgod
2009.02.05, 11:21 AM
mleemor60

I have mod motors. just only 1 updated mr02 chasisis. We dropped mod locally due to turnout this year so I have not kept a 2nd chasis up to date. WTF,2.4board etc.

I can easily pop in my pn speedy 07/atomic stocKR for mod in a heat if I am not back to back. with stock/mod.

Hank where have you been? I have up my boards to 2.4 since we last saw you. I am still chasing patrick in F1, He has picked his F1 speed up to way faster then his 2wd.

mleemor60
2009.02.05, 11:39 AM
Art if I can help I will be glad to.

pinoyboy
2009.02.05, 12:41 PM
Hank where have you been? I have up my boards to 2.4 since we last saw you. I am still chasing patrick in F1, He has picked his F1 speed up to way faster then his 2wd.

Hey Art, I've been doing a lot of different things lately. School, tennis, messing with my rc18ts, etc. Maybe I'll come out to the next race, I'll need to tune my car as last time I could not get the car to turn

Recently, I've been trying to prepare for the March race. I'm actually having a hard time figuring out what I'll use for stock and mod since you know I have lots of cars:p. Anyways, here is hoping it will be enough!

TALLGEESE
2009.02.05, 02:46 PM
Jeramy, it will be great to see you again. This is going to be a really good event. You will be glad that you made it.

Thanks, I'd like to make this race so I can get the chance to run with you, Landon, and hopefully some of the other people I got to run with at Nekocon last November..

J, Itll be great to run with you again! I hope you do decide to run F1. Im trying to get it promoted at our track (very hard when they are AM :(), and it would be great to show these locals a full field of fast racers :D

We do run Giro-Z. You can get the transponder harness (http://www.rckenon.com/public_html/shop2/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3281) at RcKenon. We will have loaner transponders, so you dont have to buy one of them. If you want one for convinence sake, let me a get an updated list of numbers that are in use at our track before you purchase.

Landon, I'd like to get in on the F1 action, if I can make it down there I'll definately try to run that class.. As far as the transponder leads, I've still got a few left over from last years PN regional event I can use.. I'll probably have to use one of your loaner transponders though..

hrdrvr
2009.02.05, 06:38 PM
Well, I think F1 will have a good showing with the HSH and ATL guys coming out. It would be nice to get as much track time with every one as I can, but make sure you dont run something your not comfortable with. While I like getting in as much track time as I can, I probably hurt myself in classes I could do better in. Im at a home field advantage here though, and dont have to concentrate too hard on finding traction :D

Woodrow
2009.02.07, 10:49 PM
This is Woodie from 843 and you can count on Kevin and myself for some good sportsman class competition. Ill be racing the lemans sportsman class and whatever i can run in for the stock class race. It looks like between locals and everyone from out of town this will be a big event!

hrdrvr
2009.02.08, 10:41 AM
Woodie,

WELCOME TO MZR!!

This does promise to be big event! Im glad you are going to be able to run in stock class as well. Most of the MB guys didnt have anything other than LM cars last time I had an event. Itll be great for y'all to get to run with the people coming in town! It looks like Ill have enough stock entries to do a sportsman class in stock as well. If not, Im sure there will be some one on your skill level coming in you can rival up against :D There always is at these events :D

Oh yeah, I saw you had a good run yesterday, and moved up to fourth in the point series. Thats great! You are in striking distance for that top three too!

hrdrvr
2009.02.09, 08:16 AM
Hey Kevin,
WELCOME TO MZR!!

Im glad you guys joined up. You can find all kinds of information about our MiniZs here on this forum. There is tons of info about batteries, tires, tuning, bodies, and anything else you can think of.

I cant wait til this race! Its promising to be a good one :D

hrdrvr
2009.02.17, 01:09 PM
Kevin, you mentioned not being able to find the LMPS thread, so here it is :D Sorry it took me so long to post it for ya.
http://minizracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30859

Im thinking layouts for the event, and have a few ideas. Im leaning towards some variation of one of these, and I think I like the botom one better :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/tracks/TrackLayout.jpg

Should be fun!!

pinoyboy
2009.02.20, 04:47 PM
so, what type of gearing should i expect for this huge track?

hrdrvr
2009.02.20, 04:55 PM
No one here as jumped over to 64p, but we are gearing pretty high with the 70t motors. Most all of us are running 9/44 in LM, and Im running 10/44 in stock 2wd. I havent run the stock AWD on the track, and havent played much with gearing. I get around the track seemingly fast with my 19/31 so far, but Ill probably experiment with some higher ratios on this layout during the Q rounds. This layout will only be up for a limited time before the event, so no one will have very much time experimenting. This will be the fastest layout weve ever set up too!

pinoyboy
2009.02.20, 05:06 PM
No one here as jumped over to 64p, but we are gearing pretty high with the 70t motors. Most all of us are running 9/44 in LM, and Im running 10/44 in stock 2wd. I havent run the stock AWD on the track, and havent played much with gearing. I get around the track seemingly fast with my 19/31 so far, but Ill probably experiment with some higher ratios on this layout during the Q rounds. This layout will only be up for a limited time before the event, so no one will have very much time experimenting. This will be the fastest layout weve ever set up too!

Sweet, sounds good. Hmm, I'm thinking about coming a day early since the amount of racing that I planned over spring break decreased.

pedrocamp
2009.02.20, 05:47 PM
Will the track be open Friday night?
Will rabbit tacos be available (concessions)?
Will there be any Samurai Ninja Teddy Bears, dudes with kitty ears or bananas spectating?

Pedro

hrdrvr
2009.02.20, 06:37 PM
Hank, sounds good. I replied to your PM :D

Padro, Thats a positive on the open track for friday night. Ill verify the exact hours (usually 11-7), and get them posted early next week.

As for those items you requested, Im ashamed to say, we wont be providing many of those :D

If you are half serious about concessions, those wont be on site, but they arent far either. There is a McDs and chinese right across the street, and a couple of pizza joints that are close enough for carry out or delivery.

mleemor60
2009.02.20, 08:43 PM
How about the place where we ate lunch the last time I was down? That was a good sandwich and really great fries.

hrdrvr
2009.02.20, 08:54 PM
That was Beef O'bradys. I think it would be a little far to run grab food from between qualifiers, but it is a good option if youve got some one to run puck up for you. We may have some on willing, but Id plan on eating something close, or having a food runner :D If youve got some one to run out for food, the options are endless. There is everything you could possibly think of within 10-15 minutes of the place, its juat a matter of how fast they can have it ready for you.

bigmike17
2009.02.20, 11:06 PM
Whats the Closest motel?

hrdrvr
2009.02.21, 08:49 AM
Theres a super6 or a motel6 or something like that very close to the hobby shop, but its a little sketchy. The closest "clean" hotels are going to be the ones at broadway at the beach. There is a link in the first post with some information. Broadway is about ten minutes away and has all kinds of restaraunts, shops, and nightlife.

EDIT: Here is thel ink for Broadway. (http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/) You can click "accomodations" and it gives you the telephone numbers and adresses of the hotels onsite.

MORE FOOD:
I remembered a couple of other food options. There is a KFC and a subway that are also very close to the track!

mleemor60
2009.02.21, 11:40 AM
Nothing like a bucket of "Portable Bird" at the race track to draw a crowd.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.02.22, 08:34 AM
bigmike17

There is a new Marriott/Courtyard less than 5 miles north off Rt 17, on Harrelson Blvd. Easy on off 17 and surrounded by alot of eateries and is on the same property of the Coastal Grand Mall, which is the latest and greatest in the area. If you like I'll post the contact info.

Andy

hrdrvr
2009.02.22, 08:35 AM
^ I forgot about that one! Its brand new and probably the best spot if people are coming in just for the event :eek: Ill get the info posted on it first thing tommorrow!!

Ed Roberts
2009.02.22, 09:55 AM
I spoke to the owner of the Hobby Shop and the track will be open to at least 9pm Friday night for practice.

For hotels I would check out the ocean front on the south side of Myrtle Beach. There is some pretty good deals going on this time of the year. If you want to stay on the beach I'll get some hotel names and numbers for you guys tomorrow.

bigmike17
2009.02.22, 04:18 PM
bigmike17

There is a new Marriott/Courtyard less than 5 miles north off Rt 17, on Harrelson Blvd. Easy on off 17 and surrounded by alot of eateries and is on the same property of the Coastal Grand Mall, which is the latest and greatest in the area. If you like I'll post the contact info.

Andy

Thanks for the info. I would diffently like to stay as close to the shop as possible. I'll check it out.

VAzRACER
2009.02.24, 10:15 PM
What time is 843 going to open thrie doors Saturday? I wont be ablr to get off work to make the Friday night practice.

Thanks

hrdrvr
2009.02.24, 10:39 PM
We will be opening the doors at 9am. There will be plenty of time for practice and chit-chat, but at 12, the racing begins!

Its getting close, and Im getting excited. I dont think my mod car is going to be right yet, but Im going to work on it hard this/next week. I havent driven my F1 since the time we raced them a while back. Atleast my LM and stock cars get regular work outs and are dialed well.:D

Do you plan on running all the classes Matt?

imxlr8ed
2009.02.24, 11:07 PM
I just want to be sure the classes are what was listed previously, and I have a question...

LeMans Spec Class:
Kyosho MR02 only
Kyosho LM style wheels

I heard something like we have to use the stock motor pod, diff and disc dampener setup that comes with the LMs... is this true?

I will be getting my hotel reserved tomorrow, thankfully one of my members is going with and we're using his new car instead of my old tank! (thanks Hildebrandt!)

I'll probably run LM, Stock and F1... Mod might make the trip worthwhile though! Cya soon!

mleemor60
2009.02.25, 08:08 AM
Ed it will be good to see you again.

hrdrvr
2009.02.25, 08:35 AM
Ed, Its great to hear you are coming. Ill get the drivers list updated with your information. To clarify the rules about LM class, there are no rules about motor pods and suspension set ups. Its wise to use an LM specific diff, as your tires will be set too far in if you run a reguler MR02 one, but there is no rule against that. Basically, you can run whatever mods you want, as long as it appears stock from the outside. There are guys running LCG pods and multi-length DDSs. I think some one even has the ATM LM specific pod, but most of the guys are using the PN pod and spacing the diff out to center it. Personally, I run the stock pod and a gear diff :D

mleemor60
2009.02.25, 09:44 AM
Actually it's the 3Racing version not the ATM. In stock at Reflex. Pod and Dif for less than retail on K dif alone.

hrdrvr
2009.02.25, 10:03 AM
The guy actually has this ATM one.
http://www.rcatomic.com/atomic/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=139&Itemid=30

The 3r ones look promising too, but I still like the PN LCG ones, as they can be run with regular diffs too.

imxlr8ed
2009.02.25, 10:24 AM
Excellent! Thanks guys, I forgot all about the diff length difference. I'll probably run the stock one too.

Can't wait to race with you all again... should be a blast!

VAzRACER
2009.02.26, 12:01 AM
Landon,

Thanks for the info on the opening tmes of the store. I plan on running mod,f1,and LM. I am going to test my awd for mod but have a 2wd on reserve just in case.:rolleyes: I would like to do all the classes but I can never seem to get a stock car to go around the track fast enough.:(

Ed,

The stock mount and dds work very well, the lm car is close to stock except for a ball diff and camber knuckles and it is easily my best handling car in my box.(not to mention fun to drive:D) Just sand on the dds a bit, mine had some rough edges on it when it was new.

Action B
2009.02.26, 07:05 PM
I see that there is a stock body rule. Well here at seven cities we ride rough. Maya and I have bodies that well.. may not have all or in my case any of the stock headlight/taillight lenses.

I want to race though and well I don't think I can afford two new autoscales and the race entry fee along with the travel expenses. So..

I came up with a reasonable alternative solution....
http://www.minizracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26776&d=1235693294
What do you guys think? Can I race now?

Tjay
2009.02.26, 07:14 PM
If we don't have enough racers. Expert drivers are combined with Sportsman drivers but expert has to run a quarter on top of their cars to handicap them. Luckily I run sportsman. ;)

hrdrvr
2009.02.27, 12:38 PM
Thats a pretty funny idea B :D My logic for keeping the headlights and goodies in is not only for weight though. Its also because I enjoy the aesthetics of racing these little detailed gems. Your coin solution would make you have a definite disadvantage, but Id rather loan you a body, and let you run somehting a little more efficient and competetive :D

TJay, thats an interesting idea. Maybe you can come un with our sportsman sometime whenever you are our on the east coast :D

mleemor60
2009.02.27, 12:46 PM
He can be a little hard on bodies. I loaned him one at Nekocon. Next time I will loan one to Maya.

On another note it looks like at least 10 from here.

Beef O'Brady's on Friday? My treat birthday boy.

2EZ
2009.02.27, 01:39 PM
mleemor60 there are a lot of better places to eat here at "The Beach" us locals will be glad to help ya find them.

mleemor60
2009.02.27, 03:44 PM
mleemor60 there are a lot of better places to eat here at "The Beach" us locals will be glad to help ya find them.

My current favorite is the Flamingo Grille up about 66th and whatever the main drag is. Beef's french fries are really good an so is the Chicken Philly less the cheese. Besides it's only his birthday.

Davey G
2009.02.27, 03:50 PM
Landon....Who are the sponsors for this race??

:D

hrdrvr
2009.02.27, 04:30 PM
Haha! I was just coming on to check PMs and make the announcement :D BTW, youve got PM :p

WEVE GOT A NEW SPONSER!!

3CGrafx will be sponsering the event in the form of a custom PitBoard, in addition to a discount on a few more we are going to give for door prizes :D By the looks of some of Daveys other PitBoards, I can say these are going to be highly desirable :D

Oh, and if you feel the need to drop some teaser photos here in the thread, by all means......

mleemor60
2009.02.27, 04:49 PM
Davey G you are a gentleman and a scholar. Now if we could just get you off the Gisland everything would be wonderful.

imxlr8ed
2009.02.27, 05:54 PM
Someone please post the exact address, GPS coordinates or something like that... I can't seem to find where they were before.

mleemor60
2009.02.27, 06:43 PM
Ed, if you go to the event thread from the begining you will find the Lat and Long near the bottom of the first couple of posts. Feed them in on mapquest and it will take you to the place within a few feet but on the back side of the building. The front door is in the narrow alley between the buildings. I will be in down there on Thursday night. If you need help let me know. You might still have my cell number from Nekocon.

hrdrvr
2009.02.27, 07:58 PM
Here you go Ed. 33.677582, -78.964566

mleemor60
2009.02.27, 08:09 PM
1985 12hours of Sebring winner
http://alex62.typepad.com/imsablog/2007/07/12-hours-of-seb.html

mleemor60
2009.02.27, 08:18 PM
Stock, Modified and F-1 with back-ups. Some day I will learn how to post the picture.

hilldebrandt
2009.02.27, 08:55 PM
Hey guys,
I'll be coming down with Ed and Jeremy.
Put me down for all 4 classes ! :eek:
Thanks,

Gregg

Action B
2009.02.27, 10:11 PM
Put me and Maya in for stock class. We are thinking about doing mod class, not sure yet. We probably wouldn't be very competitive. I guess I could use my lithium pack I rarely use.

Davey G
2009.02.27, 10:14 PM
Haha! I was just coming on to check PMs and make the announcement :D BTW, youve got PM :p

WEVE GOT A NEW SPONSER!!

3CGrafx will be sponsering the event in the form of a custom PitBoard, in addition to a discount on a few more we are going to give for door prizes :D By the looks of some of Daveys other PitBoards, I can say these are going to be highly desirable :D

Oh, and if you feel the need to drop some teaser photos here in the thread, by all means......

TEASER.............

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/pb2_lr.jpg

Action B
2009.02.27, 11:29 PM
What is a pit board?

Do you set up your car on a board or something?

arch2b
2009.02.27, 11:57 PM
most race hosts require people to provide thier own pit towel or pit board. it just helps to keep tables clean i guess.

i have one of these fine boards but i don't use it as much as my atomic pit mat. it's just easier and quicker to get to in my box is all.

i still have not looked into car door trim for the edging to keep tiny parts from rolling off the edge. perhaps i can hit up pep boys this weekend.

kwsmith29
2009.02.28, 08:53 AM
Hey guys hope all are doing well. Here's some more racers to add to the list; Me and my son Josh will be there. Rodney and Conner Combs, and Dale and Ryland. Josh and I will be there some time Friday afternoon. I'll be running all four classes and Josh will be running stock and mod. Looking forward to racing with you guys....

Wade

hrdrvr
2009.02.28, 09:30 AM
Mike - The cars look great! Is that last group shot, some of all of y'all cars?

Gregg - Awesome! Itll be great to meet you! You wont be alone running all four classes :)

Action B - Ill put you and Maya down for stock. You may as well bring your mod cars and check 'em out on the track. If you can get around decent, itll probably be worth running them. There will be beginners and experiecnced drivers in all classes, so Im sure there will be some one to compete with!

The PitBoard is basically a perfectly flat surface that you can use to check for tweak, droop, etc. I usually use a towel to work off of, but I can never find a flat surface if I feel Ive got some sort of tweak issue.

Davey - That looks great! I cant wait to see the finished products!!

Wade - Holy cow!! Pedro and Mike have been telling me they thought a crowd may come from HSH, but thats a lot of names you just dropped :D Im glad you guys are going to be well represented. :D Ill get you and Josh added to the list, and let Dale and Rodney chime in for their teams classes :D I like to see fathers and sons enjoying this together. Im on the older end of the spectrum, but I get to enjoy this with my dad. Also, there is another guy in our club who has two sons who race with us, and it seems like a good family bond there too. :D

Action B
2009.02.28, 12:14 PM
You may as well bring your mod cars and check 'em out on the track.

We only have one car :).

If i run mod, I'll just be throwing in my lipo kit or a fast motor, tuning and hoping for the best.

arch2b
2009.02.28, 12:39 PM
these pitboards however are not totally flat. they are plastic sheets resting on screw points with cork spacers. atleast this is how mine was made. due to the materials and assembly it's almost impossible to ensure a true/precise flat and level surface unless additional spacers are used on the bottom to ensure the weight of a car/parts, etc. do not cause droop in the plates. it will be flat but not true/precise flat as a milled block of aluminum would be.

Davey G
2009.02.28, 01:10 PM
:D

ALL boards are done and ready to ship to Myrtle Beach. ENJOY!!

arch2b
2009.02.28, 01:26 PM
Gee thanks ARCH??????

Arch, you had one of the very very 1st ones ever made. I have stepped up my game....

SHEESH!!

geez, i had no intention of disparaging your work which we all know is of high quality, as attested to by myself and others. i was mearly pointing out that it would be technically imprecise to use it as a true flat surface to measure tweak, etc. the physical nature of the material and construction makes it very hard to achieve a true flat and level surface while items are placed on it. when i say true flat, i am referring to the alternative which could be a milled piece of solid material that has less flexibility, in this case, aluminum.

i'm sorry if you were offended by my post as it was not intended to do so.

i've been very clear that i have been and continue to be impressed with the quality of the pitboards you provide. my post was in no way personal in nature or taking away from the product you make. please don't take it personally. it was simply technical response to hrdrvr's reponse.
The PitBoard is basically a perfectly flat surface that you can use to check for tweak, droop, etc. I usually use a towel to work off of, but I can never find a flat surface if I feel Ive got some sort of tweak issue.

to take that point even further, the table surface as well presents a problem. i have the plastic folding tables at home and the surface of these will permanently warp if subjected to continued load. placing a flexible pitboard on this will present telegraphing of the surface deformation. unless you are using a sufficiently thick enough piece of polycab type plastic or piece of metal, your pitboard will warp to the contour of the table top.
ofcourse this is only relevant for those whom demand the 'perfectly' flat surface. for 95% of us, these graphic pitboards are excellent and server their purpose perfectly.

mleemor60
2009.02.28, 02:22 PM
Mike - The cars look great! Is that last group shot, some of all of y'all cars?

Gregg - Awesome! Itll be great to meet you! You wont be alone running all four classes :)

Action B - Ill put you and Maya down for stock. You may as well bring your mod cars and check 'em out on the track. If you can get around decent, itll probably be worth running them. There will be beginners and experiecnced drivers in all classes, so Im sure there will be some one to compete with!

Davey - That looks great! I cant wait to see the finished products!!

Wade - Holy cow!! Pedro and Mike have been telling me they thought a crowd may come from HSH, but thats a lot of names you just dropped :D Im glad you guys are going to be well represented. :D Ill get you and Josh added to the list, and let Dale and Rodney chime in for their teams classes :D I like to see fathers and sons enjoying this together. Im on the older end of the spectrum, but I get to enjoy this with my dad. Also, there is another guy in our club who has two sons who race with us, and it seems like a good family bond there too. :D

Landon, That is just my fleet and back ups. I left out the stock back ups as well as the AWD's

hrdrvr
2009.02.28, 07:40 PM
Ive seen another pic of these boards, and it was sweet! We had our final point series race today! The LHS owner upped the anti on first place prize money last second to make things more interesting, as neither of the winners were decided before todays race! He is making a big PN order to supply some door prizes for next week. I can only imagine what the prize table is going to look like!

hrdrvr
2009.02.28, 07:43 PM
I just stole this from the 3C Grafx thread!

Some new ones for the Myrtle Beach Mini Z Racers Club.....

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/springfling1.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/springfling2.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/springfling3.jpg
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w277/Dgraboski/springfling4.jpg

mleemor60
2009.03.01, 09:29 AM
Considering the fact that this event is growing to a size that should rank it Nationally, are you going to have enough tables and chairs? I am headed that direction on Wednesday so I need to know If I should load accordingly.

Great job guy's.

hrdrvr
2009.03.01, 12:03 PM
Weve got all the tables and chairs you could ever want :D We will be setting up the track room probably on wednesday, so you should be good to go without packing any tables or chairs. There will be enough chairs for some spectators as well. We may have to set some tables up IN the hobby shop, but the track room itself should house 30-40 comfortably :D

briankstan
2009.03.01, 01:35 PM
Man, I wish I could have made this race, it looks like a great turn out and should be a very fun event.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.01, 02:43 PM
Mike,

It's looks like you keep moving that arrival date up:)that's great.Will you be early enough to be racing with the NBMZR crowd at the CFI track, on Wednesday night? You know you and the gang are allways welcome, hopefully some others will arrive early.

The event seems to be sizing up nicely, no rabbit tachos though:(.
Look foward to seeing everyone. Has anyone heard from Jay and Earl?

mleemor60
2009.03.01, 04:14 PM
Andy, we are leaving here Wednesday afternoon headed for Charleston. Will be on the riviera Thursday afternoon. I have promised to buy Landon's lunch on Friday. Then want to go to the track.

I know that Jay is coming but not sure about Earl. Our group should be well represented and I hope to be a little better this time. Are you going to be running Pro or Sportsman? I will run what you do. Us grown ups got to stick together.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.01, 05:52 PM
Mike,

Old guys rule:D
I will be running S class everywhere they have one or what ever main they put me in. I hope you, Jay, Earl and Dale will be in sportsman with me and the other great guys in our clubs and the folks we raced at NeKoCon. I am looking foward to some good rematches.

What time will you be in town Thursday? Donna and I would like to get together with you and your bride for dinner Thursday night, if you have time. Let me know.

hrdrvr
2009.03.01, 06:23 PM
B,
We will be having more events like this :D You should try and come out sometime. If I were you though, Id probably be getting over to te CA races. Those are a lot more accesible to you Im sure. We have an airport though, and the track is only a few minutes from it :D

Mike,
Ill be placing people into their respective class based on my experiences racing with them in the past. Ive run with pretty much every one coming, but may some help from y'all on where to put Conner and Josh. Ill also need to find out where hildebrandt should be, but Ed can probably help me out on that one :D If not, Ill let the people Im unsure about choose their own destiny :D There are going to be plenty of entrants in LM and stock, but those are the only two classes where it looks like Ill divide out.

Its really shaping up, and Im getting excited! I got a chance to work on all of my cars this past weekend, and most of them are handling great. My LM, F1, and stock cars are slow, but ready :D In mod, Ive got all the speed I could ever want, I just cant hang on to it, lol.

mleemor60
2009.03.01, 06:40 PM
Landon, Conor is a heck of a lot better than I am usually. He is Rylands age or a little younger but is a good wheel man. Josh finished in the top 3 in one of the classes he ran at the Diablo. He is definitely fast enough to stay out of sportsman. If I could ever figure out the backing up thing I would probably be better.

Andy, that sounds like a plan. We should be in town by six if we leave Charleston by four. You should have my email address. Just send me a phone number and I will keep you posted.

hilldebrandt
2009.03.01, 08:42 PM
Did someone call my name ?
I thought I heard a bell ring......LOL.

Landon,
Running sportsman would be just fine for me. This is my first big event, and the last time I ran any event was an HFAY race almost 2 years ago.

I raced 1/10 scale dirt ovals many moons ago, so needless to say I'm a little rusty....

pinoyboy
2009.03.02, 03:46 AM
Just wondering, but does the track have internet access? I figured we can try to get a live video stream via stickam of the event. Maybe it will attract more people to attend future events?:confused:

I could volunteer and bring a laptop or something

hpgod
2009.03.02, 07:28 AM
does the shop sell 70t motors. I need to pick up 2 new ones.

Davey G
2009.03.02, 08:44 AM
Landon please check your e-mails. :D

mleemor60
2009.03.02, 09:03 AM
does the shop sell 70t motors. I need to pick up 2 new ones.

I will pick up the remainder of the inventory at our LHS if I can get out of the house after last night's little episode. Today will be warm enough to start a melt but the low tonight will give us a lovely black ice morning tomorrow. I will keep everyone posted as to what I am able to get done.

Action B
2009.03.02, 10:13 AM
I just noticed, your missing Nate and "Big-Boy Mike" from my club. They both intend on racing stock class.

I think everyone coming to this event should come to the Nekocon event this Fall. It would be great to have races like this more regularly.

hrdrvr
2009.03.02, 11:39 AM
Mike, I remembered Josh running strong at the Diablo. I just wanted confirmation :D We will let Rodney decide on Conner.

Gregg, You can run wherever you want, lol. Since Im not giving away prizes for finish positions it wont matter too much if some one ends up in the wrong class. There iwll be some other guys dusting off their cars for the event, so you wont be alone in the rust category, lol.

Hank, Thats a great idea. Ive never done streaming video, but we usually set the camera up close to the CPU. It is on the net, so Id be willing to try it out. Maybe when you get here friday, we can play with that some and see if we can get it rolling. If not, Ill get all the mains in my usual fashion (which means forgetting a few, lol), so every one can check out the videos next week.

Art, The sop does sell the new version PN motors. He sells them for $10, or for $15 he has some that he has broken in the brushes and worn in the comm. He does it on the PN motor stand, with a good comm cleaner, and he does it one brush at a time to minimize arcing as much as possible.

Dave G, Check email :D

Mike, we should be covered on motors, but you may want to grab up any remaining transponder harnesses. :D

Brandon, I didnt want to add Mike and Nate on on my own accord. Ill get them added in now though :D

One of the main things I want to do at this event will be to push the east coast events we have, and try and get folks interested in starting more. Feel free to promote NCon as much as you want while you are here. With you guys coming down, maybe itll spark more people from my group to come up and support that for y'all. Also, it should get you exposed to some other folks who are in driving range, but didnt make the trip last time. Events like this one, NCon, The Diablo run, the NCRC charity race, and other club hosted events are going to be VERY important for us to grow as clubs. We are trying to get events like the PNWC regional, and Im working on a new enduro series with CT over at reflex. Outside of those two groups hosting an event a year each, there really isnt much interest in the east coast outside of the NY area. Weve got to spark the interest ourselves! Between you guys willing to travel, and the DC group willing to travel, we should be able to pool up some nice events. There are a few guys from PA that are known to ride out, as well as a couple from NC, and our group. The big thing is, we need to try and get whole club (or atleast more than just one or two) participation from our clubs on these travelling events. The closer we get to that, the more fun we have, the more competition we have, and the more our area gets looked at for having racers in it :D If we can draw 40 to the Diablo, NekoCon, and next years Spring Fling, Id say we would get recognized as a real racing area! That would get more folks like Ko Propo, Kyosho, ATM and the others to set up events in this area as well.

mleemor60
2009.03.02, 12:19 PM
Very well stated my friend. Very well stated.

cosmicsoul
2009.03.02, 02:44 PM
Hey Landon,

Not sure where we are supposed to sign up. I will be running all 4 classes, Earl is going to run MOD, Stock and F-1? Anyway look forward to seeing you all soon!

Jay

TALLGEESE
2009.03.02, 02:54 PM
Just found out the other day that I should definately be able to make this event.. I'd like to thank hildebrandt and Ed in advance for letting me ride down with them for this race.. We might possibly have another local racer coming with us as well..

mleemor60, if you guys have any extra transponder leads for the Giro-Z I might be interested in buying one off you if that's okay.. I'd only need one, and that's only if I decided to run more than two classes...

Landon and Action B, you can count on us up here in the DC area to help promote all east coast events.. I had a really good time at Nekocon and the NCRC charity race last year..

Cosmicsoul, It'll be good to see both you and Earl at this event..

mleemor60
2009.03.02, 03:19 PM
Hey Landon,

Not sure where we are supposed to sign up. I will be running all 4 classes, Earl is going to run MOD, Stock and F-1? Anyway look forward to seeing you all soon!

Jay

Have you been able to talk Dave into coming?

mleemor60
2009.03.02, 03:21 PM
Jeramy, I think there is one left at our LHS. I will pick it up tomorrow.

hrdrvr
2009.03.02, 03:24 PM
Jay, you picked the right place :D Ill get you, Earl, and the 7 cities crew listed on the drivers list soon. I dont doubt you can run all four classes, but atleast have your cars built when you get here this time, lol. Itll be great to see you again.....I always have a good time when youre around :D

Jeremy, Thats awesome dude! Bring a friend too :D The more the merrier.

hilldebrandt
2009.03.02, 05:18 PM
Just a thought...

Are there going to be enough wiring harnesses for the transponders for everyone?
I don't have any and would like to purchase at least one that I can switch between cars.
For that matter is there enough transponders to rent out ?
Or should I quick get a harness from PN for my use and while I'm at it get a transponder ?

hrdrvr
2009.03.02, 07:40 PM
Gregg, Go ahead and get the transponder harness if you can. Ill have plenty of transponders, but if a lot of people come in without harnesses, and they are running a lot of classes, it may be tough to supply them all. You should get one for each car too. They are a bit of a pain to swap around, and time between heats is going to be short. Its going to be a fast paced day of racing, especially for those of us running 4 classes. :D

A good thing though, is a few poeple have been to the PNWC events (where thy had the same harnesses), and or my place before. Also, the hobby shop (High speed) in Charlotte got a bunch in, so the biggest group coming form out of town should be covered :D

VAzRACER
2009.03.02, 08:25 PM
Will I still be able to use my personal transponder, it would be nice not to have to get on before each heat. Man I'm getting excited, only a few days left. I will be there for the Friday night practice, somewhere around 5pm.

dalew2828
2009.03.02, 08:57 PM
Hey landon me and rylan will be attending sorry so short notice,.I will be running stock,f-1,mod, rylan will be stock,f-1, le mans. Cant wait, tell the rabbit iam coming for a rematch lol. See you guys saturday.

a7i20ci7y
2009.03.02, 09:00 PM
I finally got our room reserved tonight. Mike "Soundwave" "Bigboy" won't be able to make it, but Seven Cities should still be well represented.

hrdrvr
2009.03.02, 09:18 PM
Matt, you will be able to run yours.....mostly. There is a chance we may have to do some swapping through-out the day though. There arent enough transponder numbers for the amount of racers we will have, lol.

Dale, Its good to hear from you. The rabbit will be happy to hear you are coming out, as am I. Im going to get the drivers list updated right now, before Ive got too many pages to search updates on, lol. Itll be good to see Rylan again also. I remember he enjoyed running my LM car for a short period. I guess he enjoyed it enough to build himself one (or for you to build him one ;)). Talk to you soon!

a7i20ci7y, Atrocity, Nate Dawgg! Whats up man? Itll be good to hang with you again bro. Maybe this time around youll have some time to work on your cars, and even race some, lol. Itll be me in the busy seat this go 'round, but Im a talker, and I always find a way to get in a conversation, and a race, lol. I wish Mike could make it, but Im glad y'all three are coming. Itll be a good time to meet some folks and talk up NCon face to face with some new people who dont know about the event. Its shaping up to be a fun one!

mleemor60
2009.03.03, 04:32 PM
Hopefully I will be able to run my own transponder also. I did pick up the one remaining Giro harness that my local HS had. The new Parada tires won't be in until later in the week after I have left for the coast. 843 may already have them in stock. Ed could you post the basic Z inventory for all of us. High Speed has quite a few things that could be brought down if needed by some of the guys that are coming later in the week. Do you have the peel and stick "Hi my name is" labels so we can all see who is there? Keep us posted.

The excitement is building.

pinoyboy
2009.03.03, 07:13 PM
Hopefully I will be able to run my own transponder also. I did pick up the one remaining Giro harness that my local HS had. The new Parada tires won't be in until later in the week after I have left for the coast. 843 may already have them in stock. Ed could you post the basic Z inventory for all of us. High Speed has quite a few things that could be brought down if needed by some of the guys that are coming later in the week. Do you have the peel and stick "Hi my name is" labels so we can all see who is there? Keep us posted.

The excitement is building.

I'd be interested in what 843 hobbies has in stock as well. Still wondering about the new PN tires, so maybe I could try them out. I'm also intereseted if the shop or anyone has a set of Atomic 30 slicks I can buy?:o

VAzRACER
2009.03.03, 07:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone attending the event has a spare kyosho f1 bumper, the clear peice that goes under the front wing. I broke mine last weekend and ordered a new one today, but I dont think it will be here by the time I leave on Friday. I can pay for it with cash if anyone has one.

Thanks

Matt

hrdrvr
2009.03.03, 07:41 PM
Mike, I was by the store today, and looked at the inventory. He has a good bit of the regular Kyosho garb, like LM diffs and tires, motors, H-plates, shims, small parts, chassis, a few ASCs, etc... He also has a decent selection of pn stuff and more coming. Its mostly motor mounts, motors, and tires (radial rears and slick fronts in the standard degress), but there is also a lot of small things like springs and such.

I hope you guys arent coming down expecting to see a store like Kenon or anything. 843 has just begun to carry miniZ goods at all, and he is slowly building his inventory based on what we are buying. his stock isnt all that bult up, considering weve only been running miniZs at his shop for a couple of months. Luckily, he started with the track and timing system and not the stock. We can get stuff we need on the net (or get him to order it), but its hard to race at Amods, or reflex, or kenon, or tinyrc :D

Hey Ed, do you still have those MZR name tags Mike is talking about? Who ended up with the leftovers after NekoCon? That was the last time I saw any. It would be cool to have name tags, but I hadnt even thought about it until just now :D

hrdrvr
2009.03.03, 07:55 PM
Matt, I didnt see your post before the last one. Im pretty sure 843 has a couple of those on the shelf, as well as some K F1 tires. If not, I think Ive got an extra one on my shelf.

VAzRACER
2009.03.03, 08:11 PM
Landon,

Thanks for the help, if I dont get mine I will pick one up at 843.

mleemor60
2009.03.03, 09:22 PM
I should have spares in both plastic and aluminum/CF

TALLGEESE
2009.03.03, 09:38 PM
mleemor60, Thanks for picking up that extra Giro-Z lead.. If for any reason I'm not able to use it, I'd be more than happy to let someone else have it..

mleemor60
2009.03.03, 10:02 PM
Not to worry Jeramy. i am sure it will be put to use.

pinoyboy
2009.03.03, 10:54 PM
Also, if any one has some front F1 springs (same as mr-01 fronts), let me know, as I may need to buy some :D

mleemor60
2009.03.04, 07:58 AM
I don't know that I have any to sell but you are welcome to use what I have.

a7i20ci7y
2009.03.04, 10:06 AM
I'll see if I can get my paws on the neko name tags.

hrdrvr
2009.03.04, 10:37 AM
Matt, I definitly have an F1 bumper for you NiP if 843 doesnt have one.

Hank, Im in the same boats as Mike. Ive got some springs you can use, but dont know if I could sell 'em :D PLus, IDK if I want you finding what you need while you are here. Id rather you run psing'less if Ive got to be on the track with you, lol. I know oyu are coming after me in F1 too!

Nate, That would be awesome if you could find those!

hrdrvr
2009.03.04, 10:44 AM
Its looking like its going to be sunny and 70s for the weekend guys! This should be some perfect shopping/beach weather for the significant others. If you are having trouble convincing them, have 'em check out the weather channel :D

This also means that outdoor pit space will be unlimited, and traction will be plenty.

imxlr8ed
2009.03.04, 11:56 AM
Hey Ed, do you still have those MZR name tags Mike is talking about? Who ended up with the leftovers after NekoCon? That was the last time I saw any. It would be cool to have name tags, but I hadnt even thought about it until just now :D

I'm not sure who ended up with the balance, but I don't think there would have been many left. Too late to get them from here, maybe... might want to ask Dave (Mini-Z).

Pitting outside?... you're scaring me now. How much pit space do they have there? And if they do move us outside, I hope there are chairs and tables and power and such. :o

Side note... threw my LM together last night, took a few test laps... I can't believe how well this thing runs! Are we allowed to remove the underside of the tails on these bodies?

Action B
2009.03.04, 02:47 PM
OH! Maya and I will pit outside!

a7i20ci7y
2009.03.04, 02:55 PM
OH! Maya and I will pit outside!

A-men to that. It's been colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra doing push-ups in the snow here. Bring on the nice weather.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.04, 04:50 PM
Ed,
There will be plenty of tables and chairs inside and out, as well as drop cords. The weather is going to be great and some of the locals said that they were going outside to pit, if the owner will allow, but no one really has to.

Dale,
I am looking foward to a rematch, glad you are going to make it.
I will be runnig all classes except f-1:(, Landon has not had time to help me tune it in, but I'll see you in the other classes.:)

kwsmith29
2009.03.04, 07:05 PM
Got one more racer to add My youngest, Dustin. He should fit in with the sportsman guys in stock. Can't wait forthis one. It gonna be fun.

Wade

hrdrvr
2009.03.04, 07:22 PM
Ed, I was just joking about pitting outside. :D I wont discourage it, but itll sure be a lot easier keeping up with the events from indoors. We have close to 20 fairly regularly at our club races at 843. There is plenty of pit space for that number to be comfortable, and weve got room, tables, chairs, and power for a good 20 more. Thats being comfortable :D We can squeeze a few more in if we have to, and there is a shop in the back, where a few locals will likely pit anyway.

Brandon, Nate, Its been cold here too! We had threatening snow last weekend, and sub 20 degree nights. This weekend, we are looking at swimming weather :D Youve got to love the south!

Wade, Hes on the list :D

hrdrvr
2009.03.04, 07:25 PM
Got a call from Phillip today! He is sending out some PN gift vouchers for the top three in each class! Its much appreciated!

mleemor60
2009.03.04, 08:08 PM
Settled in for the night in Charleston. Be in Myrtle tomorrow afternoon. Daddy Rabbit I will keep you posted as to progress. Landon, will see you Friday if not before. I can hardly wait.

hpgod
2009.03.05, 06:40 AM
The family and I are headed that way after lunch today, cya friday for a hour on friday. I definately need the 2 transponder harnesses and 2 70t unbraoken in motors. My wife is wondering how we got a rc car racing trip for our wedding anniversary this year:) The xtra day at the hotel with indoor waterpark sold her on the trip.

My f1 is in 30 pieces after my daughter found it. She some how broke the jb weld on the motor mount converting the pn mount to disk damper compatible.:(

mleemor60
2009.03.05, 07:44 AM
I should have enough along to repair or replace the lovingly abused parts. In the event that 843 runs out of NIB 70T motors, I brought a couple extra that will be availabe for purchase.

I truly wish I was already there.

imxlr8ed
2009.03.05, 01:14 PM
Cool about the pit space... I was worried about about my lily white butt bursting into flames due to extended solar exposure at that latitude. :rolleyes:

Put the rest of my cars together last night... everything seems to be ready to go. We're still on track to get down there by tomorrow afternoon, this will be the furthest South I have ever been in life (hopefully I won't be leaning 7.30 degrees when I'm down there)... never knew that when I first started crashing little RC cars around in a garage years ago that it would turn into my biggest reason to travel these kind distances! It sounds like it will be worth every mile!

hrdrvr
2009.03.05, 03:07 PM
Art, Soudns great! A happy family will make for a happy trip :D Im sorry to hear about your F1 though. Maybe you can get it together in time....

Mike, Im trying to figure out how to get my daughter down to Savannah to be with her G'ma (having surgery right now) and my wife before the race. Its looking like im going to leave late tonight, and head back early tommorrow. I may be late for lunch. Youve got my number though (I got a new phone and dont have yours anymore), give me a call, or email/PM me your number, so I can let you know whats going on for lunch. You may have to wait on me a bit, or catch me next time :D I should be back around mid-day if my plan goes right.

Ed, We took the tables over to 843 today. We got 10 6' tables in the room and have room for a few more if needed. Its looking like we are going to have room for 40 easily, and could probably squeeze in 10 more without being too crowded. I think that should have us covered, unless there are a bunch of lurkers planning on coming, but not saying anything.

Also, if it makes you feel better, the Mushroom bowl is the furthest north Ive ever been! My wife had never been north of DC before that trip :D

imxlr8ed
2009.03.06, 12:18 AM
Time for my 2.5 hour nap! (if I do actually go to sleep!)

See you all soon! :D

mleemor60
2009.03.06, 07:05 AM
Stopped by the track yesterday on my way into town. Everything is set up an ready for all of us as we trickle in throughout the day today and tomorrow. My hat is off to 843 Hobbies as well as the area racers for the job they have done so far in providing for this event It appears that there is plenty of room for all of us. I can hardly wait for them open today so I can get in there and see how it drives.

See everybody later today and tomorrow.

2EZ
2009.03.06, 11:04 AM
I look foward to meeting a lot of you Sat just look for the oldest guy in the room!! just don't get me mixed up with Andy (Daddy Rabbit)
Tannie

hrdrvr
2009.03.06, 03:15 PM
Just stopped by the track, and forgot the extra transponder wires. I decided to check my emails and make sure nobody needed anything :D

It looks pretty quiet here, but the track is getting some action :D There are allready a few out of towners, as well as some locals at the track, so get here soon if you want a choice spot :D Im sure as people start getting off work, or trickling into town, the room is going to fill up pretty nicel tonight!

See you guys there!

mleemor60
2009.03.06, 10:38 PM
10:30 PM. Track shut down. everybody is in town and all but 3 or 4 made it to the track. Layout is long with several fast sections and some real busy spots as well. 40 plus feet of straight makes up for it. Traction is high and everybody was in high spirits. More tomorrow.

hrdrvr
2009.03.08, 01:34 AM
Ive got to give a big thanks to evrery one who came out for this event!!! Without y'all, James and I would have been pretty bored today. We could have gone home a LOT earlier though :p

It was a real pleasure getting to race with all the guys from HSH again. I hope I dont have to wait another year before we get to do it again, lol. I can only hope that when you guys put together another Diablo, that MB will be replresented equally as well. Y'all came out and did well in the sportsman and pro classes across the board. It was great to see Brandon, Maya and Nate again too, and just seeing you guys on the track has me ready and waiting for the next NekoCon! Ed, the trek down from PA is a long one. Im glad you decided to come along and pick my boy Jeremy up on the way! Its always great to run with you J. Gregg, it was nice to meet you for the first time, and I hope I get up your way and get some track time with you again. Y'all probably had the toughest weekend, so I truely hope it was worht it! Matt, youre becoming a regular around here, lol. Its always a pleasure to run with you, and I always like chasing your fast cars!! Speaking of fast cars, Hank was in the building!! He ran away with the most top finishes as well as being the most consistant qualifier of the day. He wasnt as dominant in qualifying as he was at the turkey race, but Ill be darned if he didnt win every main he rain in :o I dont know how he does it, but he can sure make a 70t motor fast. Fast enough he lapped the mod field with one in the main...**shakes head in dusgust, thinking my car was fast*** Art came out from ATL too, and showed why Hank is so fast. He has some quality racers back home to compete with on a regular basis. I wish you could have stuck around longer afterwards Art, but Im also glad you got to bring the fam along, and get some beach time with them. Im sure they are happier about the trip because of it.

This brings me to the locals.....You guys are awesome!! Im so lucky to have a competetive, motivated gorup of guys to race with week in and week out. Without your support, I wouldnt even have been motivated to do all of this! With the turn-out we had, and the feedback I got, Im ready to start planning the next one.....heck, Im lying, Ive allready started planning the next one, lol.

I want to re-thank the sponsers for the race. Reflex really did it up with the prize package, and lot of folks walked out the door with RR products in tow. The PitBoards by3C Grafx were a hit, and quite a few people were hoping for them in the door prize raffle. Coastal Forming jumped in a paid for the undonated PitBoards to get in on the event sponsership. The biggest sponsers turned out to be MBMZR and 843 R/C hobbies. We took in quite a bit of cash from the entry fees from the nearly 40 folks we had out :o I took the cash, went into the hobby shop, and bought up a TON of goods. We handed out 5 ASCs (one donated by RR), a half dozen sets of TO 750s, some good PN gear, and a few handfuls of other regular racing items (tires, etc...). PN racing has some gift certificates in the mail for the top guys in the pro classes, but they didnt get here in time. If/when it shows up, Ill be contacting you guys for addresses, so you can claim the rest of your prizes. My man Jay (cosmicsoul) walked away with a brand new Ferrari F248 Formula-1 RTR kit! Rumor has it he tried to trade the winning ticket away for one of Davey Gs board while there was nothing left on the table but the F1 :o

It was a VERY long day for me. It was a tough weekend over all with having to make the last minute trip down to GA on thursday night. It was tough running four classes, and keeping the event on track. Luckily I got excellent help from Ed Roberts, and James, the store owner. James called a lot of races for me, and Ed took on the real hard task of keeping the CPU straight (in addition to callin a bunch of races!)! He took care of all the input, the sorting of the mains, and everything that had to do with the CPU which took a huge burden off of my shoulders. Ed, this event couldnt have been where it was without your help, and I appreciate it BIG time!!! I want you as my wing man, all the time. In addition to running bunch of races James also donatied the location, track, and time. He has done a LOT for the local miniZ community, and I cant speak enough about the facility he has built/created for us to run at. IMO, he has one of the premier facilities for miniZ racing on the east coast, if not the US. Where else can you go on a reglular club race day and find 15-20 strong racers, and run on a track that is always ~40x25? On top of that we had almost 40 in his track room today, and every one was comfortable. I saw a couple of empty spots, and we didnt have to take advantage of the emergency space. I can see us having 50 at his place without having to go outdoors! BTW, he also arranged to have hot dogs at the event, which made it easy to not leave, and still get to eat.

I could sit here and give thanks and ramble on about how much fun I had, but Ill end it here. I know Ive forgotten, some one who came, or some one who helped, and I apologize in advance, and want to say thanks at the same time, lol.

Ill keep every one posted on the next event we are going to do. Weve got the reflex emnduro coming up in the summer. Im hoping maybe we can run a shorter version (4 hours) before it coes around to get every one used to the format. 7 cites, DC guys, PA guys, and you guys from HSH should be talking it up and getting your teams together :D Endurance racing is going to be fun new adventure for a lot of us! I cant wait to get it rolling!

Hank if you want to attend any of these enduros, Ive got a spot on a team for you, lol....but Im not kidding, lol.

Oh, and one more (one more) thing :D I apologize in advance for this event running so far into the night. Id like your thoughts on how I could keep this from happening again. I can only come up with a couple of solutions, and I dont really like any of them. I could limit the number of attendies to 25-30. I could eliminate one or two classes and/or run shorter qualifers/mains. I could make it a two day event. I prefer the format of one long day, and think it opens the event up to more people, but I want to hear y'alls feedback and ideas! Once we got started today (about 30 minutes late) it went pretty quick and smooth. With all the classes, and all the entries we ended up at around 3 hours per qualfying round. Thats a LOT of racing, considering we did that twice (almost no break in between rounds), plus all the mains, which were even longer :o It ended up over 12 hours when you factor in the couple of hours of practice, the drivers meeting, and the prize give away at the end. What could I have cut?

hrdrvr
2009.03.08, 01:37 AM
Ill have the videos up early next week. Im not going to do anything miniZ tommorrow at all!! Im lying, Ill probably be calling any of my friends thatll talk to me about the event, lol. Im not going to do any work related to MiniZ. Now thats a true statement :D

Ed may pop up anytime with the relusts. If for some reason you didnt grab them Ed, LMK. Ill run by 843 and grab the hard copies to get them posted.

BTW, if all of you guys heading back home could drop a line and LMK you made it home, Id appreciate it. Im especially worried about Gregg, Ed, and Jeremy, as they were talking about trying to make the trip home after the event was over! Ill be thinking of every one though, in hopes that all the journeys home are safe.

hilldebrandt
2009.03.08, 02:33 PM
Landon,
Ed, Jeremy, and I made it home A-Ok. It was darn near a 12 hour drive but we made it in one piece.
Now I'm hitting the sack.....LOL
I'll post more later.....

2EZ
2009.03.08, 08:59 PM
Landon
The event was great and lI had Lot's of fun for sure. I truely enjoyed meeting all of the out of towner's thanks to all of you for comming. I look foward to the next event. I think it ran well yet you are right a bit long but I am hard pressed to think of what I would leave out. Good job to Ed, and James but especily Andy and Landon as with out all of you this event would not have happened.
Tannie a Myrtle Beach Mini Z Racer

cosmicsoul
2009.03.08, 09:55 PM
Having traveled to event in Maryland, Va, SC and NC this was by the largest event that I have been to. Although I did'nt run for crap again, I had a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!! 843 has a top nothch facility as does MBZR!!!!!!!!! I would highly recomend the trip even if just to catch some club racing. Every one who help with the event was awesome. James the hobby shop owner was really cool too!

As far as Landon (HRDVR) I can't say enough about this guy. He is consistanly one of the nicesest guys I have ever met, he must get it from his parents(Daddy and Mamma Rabbit). He organizes, runs the computer, camera, helps everyone with there problems and still manages to be a top competitor. When I grow up I hope I can be as cool as Landon.

Last but not least I still can't get over winning the F-1. It is true I tried trading my ticket for a pit board to Earl and Wade. I'll tell you after running so terribly throughout the day winning the F-1 really lifted my spirits!!!!!!!! Thanks to the sponsors!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well to all my mini-z friends that I have met out there hope to see again real soon! Hildebrant, Tallgeese and ED. I am glad you all made it home safe you all are true diehards!

I am definately going to make it for the ENDURO, hopefully we can get a bigger crew down for this event!:)

James, Ed, Landon, Andy and every one who made it possible,

Muchisimos gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALLGEESE
2009.03.09, 12:14 AM
Landon, as hildebrandt already mentioned, all three of us made it home without any problems.. I ended up getting home around eight in the morning.. I had a really good time and I'd like to thank everyone involved with making this event possible.. This race had a really big turnout and I was impressed by how fast the local Myrtle Beach racers were.. I also was glad to see how much Landon has stepped his game up since I last saw him at Nekocon.. Unfortunately my LM car was plagued with front-grip issues which made it a handful to drive but I managed to do okay in the other classes I participated in..

Jay{cosmicsoul}, your'e one lucky S.O.B for walking away with that F1 readyset.. It was good to see you and Earl again, we need to get together again soon and run.. It was also good to see Action B again, that blue Enzo was pretty fast, if I ever need any FET work done, you can be sure I'll be sending my boards to you..

One last thing is I'd like to thank mleemor60 for the Giro-Z lead and for letting me borrow some of his tools.. I enjoyed talking and hanging out with both you and Pedro..

imxlr8ed
2009.03.09, 12:53 AM
Wow... cure for insomnia found! I crashed hard today, even slept for a good portion of the drive home! (still groggy... almost feels like a hangover) I'm so glad Greg took the wheel for the majority of the ride home, so in my mind... he was the best damn driver this whole weekend!!! Thanks again buddy!

Jeremy... you crack me up, I was warned by Matt a week earlier but had no idea how hilarious it would be! "Dead heat in a zepplin race" is forever etched in my mind... and a few other sick snippets of modern lingo. (I don't think I'll ever look at that specific ice cream treat the same way ever again!) Great driving once again... sorry you ended up on the wrong side of our little three lap bashfest in the one main, I'm sure I'm in for it next time!

I am extremely jealous once again... all of you have it way too good down there! :cool: 843 is just the perfect setup for MiniZing. What an amazing group of racers! All are at pretty darn near the same skill level and I think it has alot to do with the LM class being such a driver's class. The LM class was some of the most intense racing I've seen for a while! I was involved in a battle between 2 or 3 other drivers for a few laps and just those few little position exchanges were worth every mile of the drive! (sorry I ruined it at the end of the straight by turning in a little too early!) For just throwing mine together, and dropping it on the track to run like it did was impressive... I think all I need to do to it now is wear in some front tires to get a bit more turn-in. Bummed that there are no classes like that up around my area with the 102 wheelbase.

The event was ran to near-perfection in my book... only thing I could suggest would be to make it a 2 day event to get another round of qualifying in, but I think it really wouldn't have sorted it out much better than where it all finally did end up.

James, Landon, Ed... everyone, you guys all did a great job, hell... even the guy selling the hot dogs was cool in my book! Everyone down there was cool, no real bickering or any of the negatives you can sometimes run into at events like this, just the pure joy of competition!

I look forward to the Enduro... I will be dragging more of a crew down with me for that one for sure! Sounds like too much fun to miss! (rain tires?... why the heck not!)

Thanks again to EVERYONE... 20 hours on the road and it was more than worth it!

hpgod
2009.03.09, 07:08 AM
Landon great place to race. Sorry I had to leave but I promised the family dinner based on the time round 1 ran in.
The family and I are home safe. very tired but safe. I hope the insomnia was the cause of of my very below norm driving. The 8 month old did not like to sleep this last week. When he did sleep the 2 year old would wake him up.ARGGHH
I am glad hank was on though to represent the ATL. Good job.

Landon from running 150 entry one day events in the past in 1 day. Move the start time up a few hours 9/10am. Less warmup. 2 minute clock starts when the horn goes off for the previous race. Get a faster printer to post the mains faster. See if your software will allow you to print the mains after each class is finished in the final round. Some do some do not. No breaks between Qualifiers. Maybe have more handouts or require a personnel transponders to limit the # used back to back in heats. I would have gladly paid more on an entry for an event like this. On larger scales $25-35 per class for a regional event entry is norm.

Ps the track was massive. I can see why the 96mm is popular in hinde sight. 94mm is great for tracks with 180s and small 2L size layouts.
I will be more prepaired next time a travel to a race like this. ( 2 of every tire will be in my pit box)

What tires did yall run in F1. I could not get a balance on my f1 all weekend. With the Pns and kyosho.

mleemor60
2009.03.09, 07:38 AM
Art. It was nice to meet you and your family. I wish you had asked about tires. I had just about every viable tire combination in stock to cover three cars just in case and never changed from what I normally run at home. I would have been happy to assist.

I am not sure what to say about the races except to say they should produce a tutorial on how to put on a big event. 14 races per round with 2 rounds. Then set up the mains so that a bump up got you a race in between to give you a chance to prepare. Outstanding!!!

For me personally it was the two faces of comedy and drama. I was really quite happy to see all the people I have met before at events as well as meeting so many new people yet saddened by the fact that I had so little time to spend with them. For me the high point of the day was the victory by Maya in the Sports/C main. No amount of pressure could knock her off her game. Super job. You go girl. My own lackluster performance and failing abilities to so much as drive a nail in the dirt couldn't spoil the good time I had. The only thing I was able to excel at was beating out Tannie for the oldest guy there. So it isn't all bad at least I won something.

This event and venue has to survive. You residents and racers of the Riviera keep supporting 843.There is real potential for numerous big events to be held there and your group has shown the ability to host and hold. Keep it up. Personally I'm a little tired of left coast hype. It is time for some "First Coast" action. I will help all I can.

Finally, thanks to Mom and Daddy Rabbit. Not just for dinner on Thursday night but for the good job of passing skills to the bunny.

See everybody at the Enduro and for this one again next year.

a7i20ci7y
2009.03.09, 10:01 AM
Hey guys, Seven Cities took a detour to Monck's Corner Sunday morning to pick up an Eclipse, and thanks to ActionB, we got it on the road and got home around 3am last night safe and sound.

We all had a great weekend. I apologize for leaving before the mains were over. My girl friend Sadie had been very patient all day and I had promised we would go float around the lazy river at the hotel :) Like MLeemor, I had rather hoped we'd have time to hang out and talk shop, but I wouldn't argue with tons of great racing :) Landon, you put on a hell of an event and displayed outstanding organizational skills and cool demeanor under pressure. Great job! I only have one suggestion. As I only ran one class, I would have prefered a format like the following.
Stock Sportsman Q1
Stock Pro Q1
Stock Sportsman Q2
Stock Pro Q2
Stock Sportsman Main
Stock Pro Main
Mod...
F1...
etc etc

The interlacing gives people some time between their events to tune, but lets them get their business done. With one event, I pretty much had to be there most of the day, but frequently didn't have anything to do. A very minor problem, and I'd much rather be there too long than too short!

mleemor60
2009.03.09, 10:10 AM
I would have been happy to loan you a couple more cars but one is my sales limit though. Glad that all of you had a good time. See you in November if not before.

pinoyboy
2009.03.09, 12:27 PM
This event was a lot of fun!:D Thanks to everyone who was involved in making this event possible. It was nice to see familiar faces and new ones. I was surprised to see Art too! I haven't raced with you for a while and you're a local racer to me:p I'll stop by next race as I need to drop off Billy's parts courtesy of Mike the parts man;)

Art, I'm gonna agree with you. I think those 96mm T-plates did work great on the track. It was so easy to drive, I figured I could take the loss on the straight and make up for it in the infield. Sure enough, it worked, so I used the same car for stock and mod. Also Art, thanks for the tip on the fading traction for the mains;):D

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.09, 12:30 PM
I feel that the event turned out nicely and I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It is the largest event that I have ever attended.

Congratulations to Landon and James for hosting a very successfull event.
Thanks to everyone that attended and special thanks to Ed Roberts for helping on the computer, I don't think L and J could have pulled it off without your help.:D

Thanks to our sponsers: Reflex Racing, PN Racing, 3C Grafx, 843 Hobbies,
MBMZR,CFI and SSI.

The particaption of the 1/8th scale racers has really brought 1/28th scale racing to a new level in the Myrtle Beach area.
And last but not least, a special thanks goes to Landon Thompson (my son) for having the determination and fortitude to push the sport to the level that it has grown to in our area.:)

Also I would like to get a lot of feed back from all you guys on how to improve our next event.
My big question is:
Would we loose anyone if we made this a two day event?
We could make it where everyone would be finshed at 6:00 pm on Sat and 2:00 pm on sun.
Don't be shy, please respond.

To Mike, Dale, Earl and Jay:
Maybe next time I will bring my "A" or"B" game.:eek:

mleemor60
2009.03.09, 12:32 PM
Hank which would you prefer to be known as. The Atlanta Hawk or the Atlanta Falcon? The way you preyed upon the competition you will most assuredly wind up with one or the other.

pinoyboy
2009.03.09, 12:45 PM
Hank which would you prefer to be known as. The Atlanta Hawk or the Atlanta Falcon? The way you preyed upon the competition you will most assuredly wind up with one or the other.

lol:p just going by Hank is fine with me:D

hrdrvr
2009.03.09, 12:47 PM
Im glad there is posotive feedback, as I sure had a blast. Other than the fact that I had a car catch fire :eek: and it was the one car I felt like I had a chance at winning an A with :confused: I thought the event went as nearly perfect as I could have hoped for with the amount of planning I did.

Gregg, Im glad you guys made it down, and Im glad you made it back. Maybe youve got the motivation to keep the dust off of your Zs for a while ;)

Tannie, Thanks for the compliments. Im gald you had a good time. Ive been thinking hard on what to do about time, and I think with some fidgeting, and a few minor adjustments, we can make a 1 day event go faster, and we can definitely have a stress-free, relaxed two day event :D Im really glad you made it out for this one. It was quite a bit better than the turkey event, so you picked the right one to make it to, lol. Hopefully youll make all the rest! BTW, see you wednesday when the club racing madness returns to the bull ring :D

Jay, Your words are too kind! I really appreciate everything you said about myself, my family, and my event :D Ive got to give it up on the event front for my help though! While I usually do all the things you mentioned (camera, CPU, call races, announcemts, organization, etc..) I didnt have to do it all ths go 'round. I had my man Hank manning up the camera for me, while Ed basically did every single bit of decision making and input that went along with the CPU. That was the biggest help, and I wouldnt have been able to accomplish it with all the stuff I had going on. James took the race calling pressure off, and I was just left with decision making, announcements, and motivating the flow. That stuff kept me busy enough to not be able to visit too much, which I wish I had more time for. I could have traded some track time for some visitation time, but Ill always prefer getting my time on the track with my friends, over the pit bench :D Running four classes (and being a talker on the drivers stand) got me plenty of interection time with most of the guys who came out. There are a few I missed out on convo time though, based on pit locations, and just shear lack of time. Maybe next time Ill just run the event, and not race.....nah, thatll never happen, lol

Im gald you got the F1! Ill be honest I really wanted one of my local buiddies to win it, so we can get that class rolling, but it couldnt have gone to a more deserving person! You are always fun to have around, and almost always in the highest spirits! You are a true joy to have around the track, and I feel fortunate to have had the oppertunity to run with you so many times over the last year. Hopefully itll be even more frequent over the coming years :D

Jeremy, You know I love running with you. We are so evenly matched, and have such great runs when we get together on the track! Im glad you made it down. I am very fortunate to have the local level of competition that I do. It has pushed my game way up in a short period of time, and I only see it getting better, as they are constantly getting better, and pushing me further. I seems like every time we pick up a new racer, it just lifts the whole group one more step. I cant get over how good these guys are with such little experience, and cant stress enough what running with them constantly does for my driving. Can you belive MB qualfied 4 racers into the pro stock A-main? The cool factor for me is, Im the only one thats ever run stock class in any event, even club races. None of them had ever even driven those cars before that week (I think Ed who Q'ed second only tested the car for minimal amount of time friday night!!!)! Sad thing for me is, I was the last guy who made the A. All three of my local counterparts were seeded above me :eek:

hrdrvr
2009.03.09, 12:48 PM
Ed, Thanks for the kind words :D I think Ill take a page out of you and Phils book, and do the two day thing next time I expect this many entries. It never even crossed my mind when I started planning this thing, as I thought wed be in the 20-25 driver range. Well, that wasnt the case (and Im greatful for that!), and an extra day (and an extra qualifier) would have really benefited most of the people. Would you guys have still made the trip if you knew you wouldnt have been able to leave until sunday afternoon?

Your F1 was MAD FAST!!!! There were a number of people (myself included) who said theyd never seen an F1 so fast that was still drivable. I knew you were going to get me in the main. My last qualifier was a flawless run, and I still didnt jump you for TQ. In the main I did good at hangning with you through the infield (on the first two laps), but it was hard to keep up when you gain 20 feet on me every time we went around the outside, lol. Weve traded wins so far :D You got me in PA, I got you back in VA, and now youve returned the favor again, lol. Ill be coming for you next time I see you ;)

Art, No problem on jetting early. I think most of the guys came without families, but all of us understand the importance on keeping them happy on a racig trip...especially if you ever want to go on another racing trip, lol. Im glad you made it up, and hope you had enough fun to try it again on the next go 'round. Maybe you and Hank can let Patrick in on what he missed, and drag him up here for the next one too!

Thanks for the ideas/input on the race pace. I thought of a few of those problems, and am working on solutions. The posting of the next round/mains was a place where we lost a lot of time. I think its important to have all the races called, and there just wasnt a way for me to call the races, and let Ed sort out the next round at the same time. Next time, I believe we will have two monitors, so he can be working, and racers can still get their deserved info while the race is running. We definitly need more loaner transponders. Our club (MBMZR) supplied all 6 loaner transponders. If we could get James to invest in some for the LHS track (he hasnt needed to as all the local drivers own their own), then we could combine to have 12 or so, which could supply two heats at a time. This would negate some of the "waiting for a transponder" delima we faced several times through out the day. Id say we lost some where in the neighborhood of an hour or more waiting on them to come back to the table. There was another 30+ minutes that we lost waiting for the drivers to get them installed and on the track. Not to mention the fact that those drivers lost the chance at a few hot laps before their heat started. More transponders and/or a better return/hand-out system will be a must on the next event! If I charged more for the event, I could factor in the cost of a few new transponders to make the event go smoother, so thats a real viable option as well!

With this event, I wanted it cheap and simple to try and get folks in the door, and to show them what MB has to offer. Now that Ive done that, the next event may be a little more pricey (still very affordable as thats real important to me, especially for the guys who are bringing young racers in with them), but with that price increase will come more benefits! I really wanted to do some type of trophies, plaques, or certificates for the winners, but I decided to put all resources into give-aways. Because of that, we were able to give some great stuff away, but next time, Id like to have a similar prize table, and be able to give something to the winners!

BTW, Im running K20s on the back of my F1. Im running a VERY old set of 30d tires, but I cant remeber wether they are ATM or Kyosho. Ive been running them ever since I first set the car up, and Ive run them every where (PNWC east regional, NekoCon, our place, 843, Patricks house...) without fail.

Thank you very much Mike!! I know long days are harder on you older guys, so when I keep you here long into the night, and you still say good things, it must have been a great event, lol. I really want to know your opinion as far as what to do about as timing. I value your opinion very much, and would like to hear what youve got say on the issue. You could email it to me, if you dont want to get too deep into convo here.

Nate, You snuck out on me, lol. I didnt have all that much time to chat anyway, like I wanted too. I guess we just roll reversed from NekoCon to here. Im glad you made the effort to come down, and I hope you and your girl atleast got to check out the beach, and have a decent time in the good weather.

Your format idea is a cool one for those only running one class, but the reason I like spreading it out, is to keep those guys here :D Kidding aside, I really enjoy the format of all the A-mains together at the end of the event. Its like the climax of a good movie or book. It best when there is a huge climax at the end, IMO. Something with a bunch of small climaxes looses the interest of the watcher/reader. Its something to definitely consider though, and Id like to hear if other folks would prefer to have it set up this way.

Hank, I wasnt trying to tell any one you beat my Mod AWD with a stock 2wd :eek: Next time keep details like that quiet, lol. Im glad you came out, and wish we could just push you a little bit better. Atleast we got you shook in F1 a little :p I had the car to try and give you a run in LM (as did a few others), but we all know the story on that one :( Im surry if I give you a hard time. I hope you know its all in fun, well that, and Im trying to get you thinking so I atleast have a shot, lol.

I really appreciate all the posotive feedback guys! It lets me know that all the efforts I put forth, and all the efforts I asked my friends to put forth are really worth it. Dont hesitate to criticise me on areas I was lacking though. Im a big boy, and I can take some honesty :D

Ill be getting some of the pictures up this afternoon. The rest of them, the videos, and the results may take a little time to compile. ill be honest I didnt do anything yesterday but relax.....and play a little ping pong with a buddy :D

hrdrvr
2009.03.09, 12:53 PM
I typed so much the forum wouldnt let me post it all in one :eek: That, and it took me so long to post it, I had to edit in responses to other people who were posting while I was typing for that hour, lol.

Hank, you are so humble. It truely is a pleasure to run with you.

Daddy Rabbit, Thanks for hte kind words. I know you dont always agree with my decisions, or methods, but its good to see you thank me for what I do in a public light :D I might be the voice of MiniZ for our local area, but youve done a TON for the sport here too! I dont think we would have what we do here if it werent for you. Youve put together an awesome club racing facility, that if it wasnt so top notch, we wouldnt have drawn in the caliber of racers we did. You deserve a pat (or a couple of pats) on the back as well.

Daddy Rabbit
2009.03.09, 01:26 PM
Thank you.
DR

imxlr8ed
2009.03.09, 02:19 PM
I think those 96mm T-plates did work great on the track. It was so easy to drive, I figured I could take the loss on the straight and make up for it in the infield.

You're kidding right Hank? Loss on the straight?... I hope you're not talking about your orange McLaren because I don't remember seeing any power loss when you were blowing by me on the backstretch. :rolleyes:

cosmicsoul
2009.03.09, 02:55 PM
What's the secret behind the blazing FASSST!!!!!!!! F-1?
Any pointers?

Jay

imxlr8ed
2009.03.09, 03:15 PM
Single layer 4562s, year old Orion 900s and a very worn Speedy 07 drunk on Voodoo drops... not much to it. I'm more curious about Hank's 70 turn secret than anything else.

I'm just busting you're b@(($ Hank! You had to know I was gonna get one shot in on the forums here! :D

Once again... excellent driving Hank! You were the man to beat, no doubt! I'm glad you didn't run F1 so others could get a shot at a win! :cool:

pinoyboy
2009.03.09, 03:25 PM
Thanks Ed:). I'd definitely like to know what your F1 setup was. I need to start over with mine.:(

As for my stock mr-02
-older pn 70t, not the new one
-12/52 gearing
-21.5 atomic rims,
-R1 wurks matched batteries charged at 1.8 amps
-oiled bushings
-a little bit of com drops
-2x2 3010s with an additional layer of 8858s

imxlr8ed
2009.03.09, 05:31 PM
Yeah... I was down on an 11 tooth, I keep forgetting these motors have the torque to handle the taller pinion. I should be bumping it up for the longer tracks, that gear is perfect for HFAY but obviously not for longer tracks.

I saw the fet job... I will be modding one of my 2.4s very soon. I was never too keen on dropping fets on top of stock ones, but after that run you had... I'm willing to try anything to get that speed!

My F1 is very basic, zero degree everything front (Kyosho alloy), stock springs, old Kyosho 23 degree tires. Back end is stock mount, Kyosho diff (near the point of too loose), Kyosho carbon plates, red springs, middle screws 3 turns out, worn Kyosho 20 degree tires. It's still the AM board, but I think I'm going to switch this one back to 2.4 for the next HFAY event.

Oh yeah, board is wired direct too... the little stock connection points are a weak point.

TALLGEESE
2009.03.09, 06:14 PM
Ed, after seeing your F1 flying around the track I had a feeling you had to be running at least an 11 tooth pinion.. I'm going to have to try soldering my battery terminals on my F1 like you recommended to me this weekend.. By the way, I've got a hookup for those Kyosho 23 degree front tires if you ever need any.. They're a hard tire to find in stock at some places...

pedrocamp
2009.03.09, 08:54 PM
One complaint, the local MB guys were just too fast. You guys lay off for a few months so I can catch up for the next event. I need track time... Hank! never mind.
Great event, had fun and enjoyed the very strong competition. Great seeing some old friends and meeting new ones. Landon you did a great job putting this thing together and being the Master of Ceremonies, flaming car and all. Thanks to all, James, Ed and everyone else who gave their time so we could have fun.
Wish I had run my F1, you guys were having fun.
You guys have a great scene going down there, look forward to coming down again...
time to practice!

Pedro

imxlr8ed
2009.03.09, 11:58 PM
Ed, after seeing your F1 flying around the track I had a feeling you had to be running at least an 11 tooth pinion.. I'm going to have to try soldering my battery terminals on my F1 like you recommended to me this weekend.. By the way, I've got a hookup for those Kyosho 23 degree front tires if you ever need any.. They're a hard tire to find in stock at some places...

Oh yeah... I had a 9 tooth on the F1, the 11 tooth (64 pitch) was on the Murch. I know... 9 tooth right? That board was always zippy with 3010s, and when I fetted it I could barely drive the thing. I have it to a point where it's a little squirrely but tolerable. Same goes for that Speedy 07, I picked that one up at Action as a handout, did a 4 cell water torture-in and it's been fast since.

Definitely interested in more 23 degree, my pair are so worn I actually stripped one off the rim by brushing the wall in a tuning session this weekend. I did entertain the idea of taping them, but they stayed on for the Heats and Main.

Ed Roberts
2009.03.10, 09:56 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words, I'm very happy you guys had a great time and got home ok. I have raced many scales of cars over the years and one thing I can say about mini z racing is that the racers are some of the friendliest racers around and that is one thing missing in other scales of rc racing these days. I look forward to racing with all you guys again.

I know that race program took a little longer then we wanted but I have some ideas to shorten the time and I will talk to Landon about it.

My hat goes off to Landon and his family. I haven't ment a nicer family in all my 15 years of racing rc cars and I feel that we are very lucky to have them involved with mini z racing in our area. Also, I would like to thank James for building such great place to race.

Thanks again,

Ed

Ed Roberts
2009.03.10, 04:39 PM
Race Results from the Spring Fling 3-7-09

Ed Roberts
2009.03.10, 04:41 PM
More Results

PNracing
2009.03.10, 05:00 PM
Any pictures and video? :)

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:16 PM
BTW, Ed, I really wish you would have been 20 minutes later. Ive been compiling these pics for a while, and I just got a notification with your post and results, lol. I figured Id go on with this, since Id allready typed all of hte results manually :rolleyes:

Okay guys, I got by 843 today when they opened and gathered up all the result sheets. Hopefully Ive got everything compiled correctly, but if you se anything wrong LMK :D

Sportsman Mod:

A-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01307.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01306.jpg

Results
Earl - 25, 8:17.339
Andy - 24, 8:11.904
Dale - 22, 8:00.595
Tannie - 21, 8:04.544
Jay - 20 8:05.969
Brandon - 12, 8:18.527

Pro Mod:

B-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01287.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01285.jpg

Results
Ed C - 17, 5:00.817
Pedro - 16, 5:03.086
Wade - 15, 5:10.107
Art - 14, 5:04.201
Jeremy - 14 5:10.951

A-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01309.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01308.jpg

Results
Hank - 30, 8:02.639
Landon - 29, 8:11.700
Matt - 28, 8:08.779
Ed C - 28, 8:09.119
Rodney - 8:06.694
Eric - 27, 8:11.388
Pedro - 26, 8:12.466

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:17 PM
Sportsman Stock:

C-Main <--- The best main of the day!!

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01283.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01281.jpg

Results
Maya - 14, 5:04.877
Chad - 14, 5:05.380
Conor - 13, 5:18.869
Jay - 12, 5:09.939
Nate - 11, 5:01.870
Jeffrey - 11, 5:04.098
Gregg - 10, 5:26.479

B-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01290.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01288.jpg

Results
Earl - 15, 5:08.281
Chad - 15, 5:12.885
Mike - 14, 5:04.287
Dale - 14, 5:08.801
Maya - 14, 5:11.537
Tannie - 13, 5:10.001
Dustin - 13, 5:21.175

A-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01311.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01310.jpg

Results
Collin - 26, 8:08.005
Brandon - 25, 8:04.347
Earl - 25, 8:19.195
Chad - 24, 8:09.623
Woodie - 24, 8:09.623
Andy - 21, 8:24.942
Rylan - 20, 8:04.085

Pro Stock:
B-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01294.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01292.jpg

Results
Rodney - 16, 5:00.015
Pedro - 16, 5:00.433
Jeremy - 16, 5:06.482
Bobby - 16, 5:07.412
Wade - 15, 5:04.189
Josh - 8, 3:10.942
Art - 4, 1:53.331

A-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01314.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01312.jpg

Results
Hank - 29, 8:00.017
Ed C - 28, 5:10.740
Landon - 28, 8:16.663
KB - 28, 8:20.481
Rodney - 27, 8:01.819
Ed R - 27, 8:04.330
Pedro - 25, 8:04.080
Eric - 12, 3:45.360

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:17 PM
Formula-1:
B-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01297.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01295.jpg

Results
Dale - 15, 5:14.912
Wade - 14, 5:08.637
Shane - 14, 5:08.637
Art - 12, 5:05.115
Josh - 2, 0:58.060

A-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01318.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01317.jpg

Results
Ed C - 29, 8:15.664
Landon - 28, 8:17.765
Rodney - 26, 8:01.541
Matt - 26, 8:17.253
Wade - 23, 8:00.861
Dale - 23, 8:16.880

Sportsman LeMans:
B-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01300.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01299.jpg

Results
Chad - 15, 5:05.426
Woddie - 14, 5:02.182
Kevin - 13, 5:06.896
Jay - 13, 5:18.537
Mike - 9, 5:04.087

A-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01322.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01321.jpg

Results
Collin - 26, 8:07.050
Matthew - 26, 8:13.006
Chad - 25, 8:00.791
Woodie - 23, 8:17.290
Tannie - 21, 8:17.966
Any - 12, 4:33.132

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:18 PM
Pro LeMans:

B-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01304.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01303.jpg

Results
Rodney - 18, 5:11.525
Pedro - 17, 5:03.402
Ed C - 17, 5:03.726
Wade - 16, 5:07.544
Shane - 16, 5:14.441

A-Main

Drivers Stand
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01328.jpg

Starting Grid
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01327.jpg

Results
Hank - 30, 8:10.708
Matt - 29, 8:09.197
Bobby - 28, 8:04.343
KB - 28, 8:08.459
Rodney - 28, 8:13.813
Pedro - 27, 8:03.904
Landon - 27, 8:04.904
Ed R - 27, 8:10.589

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:20 PM
Any pictures and video? :)

Video to come. Im going through the pictures now, so stay tuned :D I wish there wasnt a 10 pic limit per post :rolleyes:

Unless there are some folks getting ready to reply, Im going to be guilty of double-posting.....repetetively, lol.

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:23 PM
Group shots!!! What a great looking bunch of dudes, huh?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01259.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01258.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01261.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01266.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01264.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01263.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01262.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01260.jpg

I wish Eds F1 would have spent more time like this ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01267.jpg

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:37 PM
Random shots from through out the day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01272.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01319.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01320.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01325.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01332.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01333.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01334.jpg

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01250.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01251.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01248.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01253.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01254.jpg

Some love for the sponsers :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01268.jpg

And the prize table they all made possible!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/DSC01256.jpg

VAzRACER
2009.03.10, 05:46 PM
Thanks for everything Landon and Ed for settind up and running this event, and also thanks to 843 for kepping their doors open so long for us and letting us race on their huge track. I had a great time and like I told Ed and Jeremy, I could live in Myrtle Beach simply for that track anf the great racing every time I'm there. I only have one question, WHEN ARE WE DOING IT AGAIN:p

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:47 PM
Okay guys, thats all for now, but here is a link to the photobucket albumn in case you want to see what else weve got. I just rancomly clikced these, so you may see something good inthere :D Dont hesitate to share more :D

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/freekfornature/RCs/MiniZ/MBMZR%20Spring%20Fling%2009/

Also, I got a package from PN Racing to complete the give aways. Id like every one who finished in the top three of a pro class A-Main to PM their address. Phillip hooked us up with $240 worth of gift vouchers for the top 3 pros in each of the four classes! What a top notch guy :D Its a shame they didnt get here before the event, but late is better than never! Ill wait a few days, so I can hopefully send them all at once.

Ive got the camera, and have been steady working on uploading videos. I dont even have them all onto my CPU yet, and I havent begun editing them down. Itll probably take a few days, as youtube is going to be SLOW when it comes to uploading! Ive got seven 5 minute mains, and seven 8 minute mains, and it takes about 4 hours per 5 minutes, lol. You do the math :p

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 05:48 PM
WHEN ARE WE DOING IT AGAIN:p

Saturday...you know how we roll :D

Kidding aside, Im going to be trying to organize some type of special race for our club every other month, and hopefully get to doing something every month. Ill let you know when the next one is :D

hilldebrandt
2009.03.10, 07:43 PM
At the very least, since ya just did the "Spring Fling"...

Ya'll should do a "Fall Brawl" !! :D

hrdrvr
2009.03.10, 08:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7o-W_E0wvg

Haha, we got news coverage :D

Gregg, There is allready a Fall Brawl held here, lol. Its a big off-road race that caps off their season.

hilldebrandt
2009.03.11, 08:18 PM
Boy, do I look real bored in that newsclip.....LOL

hrdrvr
2009.03.12, 03:42 PM
^ lol

Ive got some teaser videos guys :D Ive got all of them going onto youtube, and will link them all here when I get a chance tommorrow or late tonight. Im headed down to GA again, and hopefully by the time I get there, or wake up theyll be ready. In the mean time, here are the F1 mains. Also, you guys may be able to check my other videos and see more from saturday, as they finish uploading.

Formula-1 B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZl9n-aPqy0

Formula-1 A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BhM-SnQfwc

hrdrvr
2009.03.13, 02:12 PM
Sport Mod A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWRqN4gDpR8

Pro Mod B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVAXr5zwLAA

Pro Mod A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfswL7oPTWM

Sport Stock C-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_rFZIK9oho

Sport Stock B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1r1AeLFUQE

Sport Stock A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_IVrwBtSEQ

Pro Stock B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4RF7eVneJs

Pro Stock A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRr5_aqwL4

Formula-1 B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZl9n-aPqy0

Formula-1 A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BhM-SnQfwc

Sport LeMans B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFPMi2gMWw

Sport LeMans A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y2EeCZCb3o

Pro LeMans B-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdaoNLBz0Zs

Pro LeMans A-Main
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRES30HNMpk

EDIT: Thanks Hank for keeping on top of the videso!! Im glad I didnt have to try and remember every time, lol.

pinoyboy
2009.03.13, 07:28 PM
no problem Landon! Thanks for posting all the videos. I can see the other races I missed

hrdrvr
2009.03.15, 09:23 AM
I missed almost all of the races, lol. Even when I was calling a race, I still missed it for the most part. It was much better getting to sit, relax, and watch them on youtube.

After watching these back, I must say again, we were all very fortunate to have the competition we did. There were battles at all parts of the field in nearly every race! I love it when every one is racing for position!