PDA

View Full Version : Mini-96 World ChampionShip (M-96WCS)

Pages : [1] 2

eztuner12
2009.01.22, 12:09 AM
Ok Gentlemen.
This will be the official thread for the M-96WCS (Mini-96 World ChampionShip)
Iím certainly very happy that a few of us agree to go ahead with this fun event.

So go on and express your opinions here.
The opinion of those that will participate are the only ones that will be taking in consideration, so if you arenít a participant save it!

As to this point the only rule would be:
1. Enjoy it and have fun!!!
2. Posses a Mini-96 track. Expansion kit if possible.
3. We all would race on the same track layout and on the same determinate time set.
4. Be honest submitting your accomplished # of laps on the time set.
5. Any 1/28 scale car, any motor, any body shell, any wheelbase will be allowed to race at the same time in a race.
6. Minimum # of drivers on a race will be two (2).

PridgeoK
2009.01.22, 01:10 AM
Heh. Love it, Richard. I think the order is slightly mistaken though. #6 is actually #1. :D

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.01.22, 01:24 AM
Heh. Love it, Richard. I think the order is slightly mistaken though. #6 is actually #1. :D

Kev.

Hi Kevin,
Better now, right?:):):D
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.01.22, 04:31 PM
Cool!!! I'll post some track layouts using the expansion kit later today but definitely by tomorrow.

Cherub1m
2009.01.22, 04:57 PM
Here are two very similar layouts I used the mini 96 and expansion kit, only difference is RCP Track 2 has a three tile wide turn coming into the turns before the straight and RCP Track 1 has two tile wide turn which opens in the three tile wide turns before the straight. Let me know if this is to big to long in short this track is about 19' long and 8'9" at its widest and 5'7" for the shortest width.

eztuner12
2009.01.22, 05:05 PM
Cool!!! I'll post some track layouts using the expansion kit later today but definitely by tomorrow.

Yep right here.

Dose of you that don’t have the expansion kit, can use the Mini-96 it self.
And if you have a wide large RCP or any other track, that could be set to the dimensions and layout of the chosen racetrack, NO PROBLEM!!!:) You are welcome too. Remember this event will be for fun only. So any thing is all right, a inch more or less won’t really make a difference, since you will be always a winner:D of your own race:D.
Philip tries to keep the layouts designs with in 11x11 feet’s, perhaps reasonable measurements, to build a track inside a home, Apt or Patio, right?
Thanks!:):):D
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.01.22, 05:24 PM
Yep right here.

Dose of you that donít have the expansion kit, can use the Mini-96 it self.
And if you have a wide large RCP or any other track, that could be set to the dimensions and layout of the chosen racetrack, NO PROBLEM!!!:) You are welcome too. Remember this event will be for fun only. So any thing is all right, a inch more or less wonít really make a difference, since you will be always a winner:D of your own race:D.
Philip tries to keep the layouts designs with in 11x11 feetís, perhaps reasonable measurements, to build a track inside a home, Apt or Patio, right?
Thanks!:):):D
Cheers

Sounds good, I'll work on shortening the layouts a bit. I got the basement to myself so I can do some nice straights :D. Looks like I'll have to get rid of my 9 tooth pinions and go to 6 tooth :D.

Cherub1m
2009.01.22, 06:28 PM
Here are some smaller tracks. Track 3 maybe a little long but I thought I would throw it in.

eztuner12
2009.01.22, 09:02 PM
OK!!!!
Now we are talking.These 4 new tracks are much better layouts than the first two you posted first. Yep indeed;)
Cheers

PridgeoK
2009.01.22, 10:48 PM
Great designs, Philip! I really like them as well.

Track-wise, I have the mini-96 + one of each of the expansion sets, so I should be good to make the tracks you've posted.

I have the space to do approx. 17x20 in my carport, which is only good in decent (meaning, warmer, not-so-soggy) weather. Indoors, I think I can fit an 8 x 16 track unless I really go crazy and move a lot of furniture around (which is plausible, but difficult at the moment), and if I rent out a common room nearby, I can fit around 16 x 23... costs me $25 to rent though :(, but if I get enough people out to race with, it's a pretty cheap rental with 5 or more people. Could happen... :rolleyes:

Attached is one of the tracks we've run in my carport, which worked out fairly well. A bit to big for the 11x11 dimensions Richard mentioned though.

Kev.

Cherub1m
2009.01.23, 09:58 AM
Great designs, Philip! I really like them as well.

Track-wise, I have the mini-96 + one of each of the expansion sets, so I should be good to make the tracks you've posted.

I have the space to do approx. 17x20 in my carport, which is only good in decent (meaning, warmer, not-so-soggy) weather. Indoors, I think I can fit an 8 x 16 track unless I really go crazy and move a lot of furniture around (which is plausible, but difficult at the moment), and if I rent out a common room nearby, I can fit around 16 x 23... costs me $25 to rent though :(, but if I get enough people out to race with, it's a pretty cheap rental with 5 or more people. Could happen... :rolleyes:

Attached is one of the tracks we've run in my carport, which worked out fairly well. A bit to big for the 11x11 dimensions Richard mentioned though.

Kev.

Wow!!! Nice layout Pridgeok. That's why I love the mini 96 so many expansion for it and so many layouts.

Pridgeok feel free to post some other track layouts you want to run then we can choose one to run.

Also, what software are you using to make your layouts?

eztuner12
2009.01.23, 12:55 PM
Yeah man!!! vry nice layout indeed!!!!:eek:
Cheers

PridgeoK
2009.01.23, 07:50 PM
I too really enjoy the mini-96 expansion sets - they add a ton of flexibility to the layouts you can make! :cool: RCP has done an awesome job with them. :cool:

Definitely, I will make more layouts and post them. A lot of the ones I have made so far have been longer, simpler tracks so that my kids can manage the track. That #10 carport track was a little touchy for them to run on, but I enjoyed it. I'll try to draw some that will be a little more technical though. :p

I use the Google Sketchup program for the tracks, since it is free and makes for some nice 3D output. Plus, it is super easy to make tracks now that I have a template made. I have created both the mini-96 pieces and the Wide format track pieces true to scale, and have them made into simple template files, so if you would like to try it out, send me a PM or email and I will fire you an e-mail back with some attachments (a few MB worth, but not horribly large). The wide format tracks aren't 100% complete - I don't have the starting lines drawn out or the wide-radius outside corners or other specialty pieces - but it is good enough to make some tracks in their correct scale sizes. (Actually, if someone can take a decent picture of the wide tracks starting grid and send them to me, I'd really appreciate it.)

Cheers guys,

Kev.

Cherub1m
2009.01.23, 08:13 PM
Great!!! I will be PMing you in a few min.

I also wanted to say I tried RCP Track 3c and I found out with the Mini 96 and expansion kit I only had 12 inside corners and 12 outside corners. Basically I had to modify it a bit to make it work. I should have checked the RCP Track Builder program since it keeps track of the # and type of pieces you use. Anyway I am posting the revised RCP Track 3cVer2 :D

eztuner12
2009.01.23, 08:28 PM
Great!!! I will be PMing you in a few min.

I also wanted to say I tried RCP Track 3c and I found out with the Mini 96 and expansion kit I only had 12 inside corners and 12 outside corners. Basically I had to modify it a bit to make it work. I should have checked the RCP Track Builder program since it keeps track of the # and type of pieces you use. Anyway I am posting the revised RCP Track 3cVer2 :D

Philip
I would like to download that track builder program of yours. Can we do it tomorrow night?
;)

Cherub1m
2009.01.23, 08:59 PM
Philip
I would like to download that track builder program of yours. Can we do it tomorrow night?
;)

Hi Richard

Sure, tomorrow is good. Afternoon early evening is best for me.

eztuner12
2009.01.23, 09:14 PM
Hi Richard

Sure, tomorrow is good. Afternoon early evening is best for me.

Great I'll PM you @ 6:00pm eastern time .
Thxxx...
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.01.24, 10:17 PM
Great I'll PM you @ 6:00pm eastern time .
Thxxx...
Cheers

Hi Richard

Sorry I could not help yo set the software up today. However, I emailed you the links to download and run the software.

PridgeoK
2009.01.27, 10:42 PM
Hey guys,

I hosted a practice session at a small common room in my complex - here's the result (attached jpg image). Good fun track, for sure. We had 5 people out, so hopefully I can repeat this turnout, or even a few more bodies, when we get to setting this series up. You can see the pieces I had left over, so I probably could have added a bit to it, but... it was still good fun. Bigger than the 11x11 suggested size again though. :rolleyes:

We had four MR-02's and one AWD in attendance, and it was a pretty good time.

I've been sick over the last few days though (damn fever), so I haven't had a chance to make any tracks for this yet. I hope to get to this over the weekend though.

Cheers,

Kev.

Cherub1m
2009.01.30, 01:56 AM
Hey guys,

I hosted a practice session at a small common room in my complex - here's the result (attached jpg image). Good fun track, for sure. We had 5 people out, so hopefully I can repeat this turnout, or even a few more bodies, when we get to setting this series up. You can see the pieces I had left over, so I probably could have added a bit to it, but... it was still good fun. Bigger than the 11x11 suggested size again though. :rolleyes:

We had four MR-02's and one AWD in attendance, and it was a pretty good time.

I've been sick over the last few days though (damn fever), so I haven't had a chance to make any tracks for this yet. I hope to get to this over the weekend though.

Cheers,

Kev.

Nice Pridgeok!!! So how fast wer you guys? I am doing some renovation to my basement so I had to remove the track for a while. We need to try out a track. I can do 11'x11' but i could alway do long 19 to 20' straight :D my basement is long but narrow in the middle.

PridgeoK
2009.01.30, 03:11 AM
Didn't take the time to set up the lap counter, unfortunately - my wife was abusing the laptop for schoolwork of all things... you can imagine the conversation about who was going to use it when she pulls that trump card. :rolleyes:

Personally though, I'm *slow* :o heh heh... I can zoom around, sure enough, sometimes even keeping up with some of these guys for a short time, but I really am relatively new to the racing scene. It was really quite a blast to watch some of these guys burn around with their 2.4ghz cars which they were tweaking at the time. I really don't expect to set any records out there :rolleyes:... I'm getting better though... with practice.

Oh - hey: the crew here seem to like to run on the "slick" side of the rcp track. I currently have mine on the "rough" textured side. Does it matter which side you run on, in your opinion? I say this because even their larger events with the wide tracks in town are all run on the smooth side. They've said tire wear and debris are the main factors. Apparently traction seems pretty much as good with the right tires, and you would need to find the right tires for the textured side anyway (meaning what's the diff, so why not run on the smooth side?).

I'm not fussy either way, and I really don't mind swapping the tiles around to keep the same surface as their wider tracks... I just want to know if you guys cared, or had opinions either way.

Kev.

EMU
2009.01.30, 04:32 AM
I have never driven the smooth side, but all major events and every track that I have been to uses the textured side. When I had my Mini-96 it was the textured side. People say that the smooth side has more grip, since there is less dust.

I do think that there would be a difference in lap times. From any track to another with the same layout there will allways be a difference. Track conditions play an important role with the laptimes. Which is why these online races never really took off with most of the people that I race with. Because, one track can have super grip, and another have very little... and the driver that is less skilled, with a car that has a poor setup can win.

Of course, then you get to the point where people are conditioning their track as well as their cars to get an edge... They may not be breaking the rules, but they will find every loophole... I know I would :p Thats part of racing, pushing it to the limit, and working around things to get faster.

Cherub1m
2009.01.30, 10:00 PM
Pridgeok, most big events run the rough side. I would rather keep it the rough side since most track run the rough side and the big races (PN, and Atomic) run the rough side.

PridgeoK
2009.01.31, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. That's what I thought, that most people use the textured side. Personally, I'm not too concerned either way, and if you guys aren't overly worried that its any unfair advantage, then I'm not going to be concerned which side we end up using here, especially, as EMU mentioned, even with the same layout and same side up, differing lap times are bound to happen based on track condition. We're just running this for the sheer fun of it, so I'm fine with it either way.

I threw together three 11x11 tracks, this time not using any of the non-standard pieces other than what would be in a typical mini-96 + normal expansion. So there's some blanks in there, but otherwise just normal pieces. Long straights on these... ;) After making them though, I'm wondering if 12x12 might be more appropriate? Let me know what you think.

Should I make a few with the wide radius inside corners and such? Or should we stick with the regular pieces to ensure people are more likely to have the required pieces?

Kevin.

Cherub1m
2009.02.01, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. That's what I thought, that most people use the textured side. Personally, I'm not too concerned either way, and if you guys aren't overly worried that its any unfair advantage, then I'm not going to be concerned which side we end up using here, especially, as EMU mentioned, even with the same layout and same side up, differing lap times are bound to happen based on track condition. We're just running this for the sheer fun of it, so I'm fine with it either way.

I threw together three 11x11 tracks, this time not using any of the non-standard pieces other than what would be in a typical mini-96 + normal expansion. So there's some blanks in there, but otherwise just normal pieces. Long straights on these... ;) After making them though, I'm wondering if 12x12 might be more appropriate? Let me know what you think.

Should I make a few with the wide radius inside corners and such? Or should we stick with the regular pieces to ensure people are more likely to have the required pieces?

Kevin.

Hi Pridgeok

Nice tracks, yeah the 11'x11' looks very small after you set it up :eek:. It dont matter to me I can fit a 12'x12' as long has I dont cross to the other section in my basement. If I do need to cross to the next section then that crossing section would need to be about 8 to 10 feet max (I need to remeasure it) to make a longer straigth. My basement is like two equal squares touching only half thier side (hope that makes since)

I like all three tracks, I'll try and set up track number three, later today (depends on how much I get done with the basement :D.

Has far as what side to use it dont matter to me I sometime like to go to the big races when time permits so I plan on using the textured side to keep it somewhat consistent. But personaly I wish everyone would use the smooth side since it has less dust and still has good traction.

eztuner12
2009.02.02, 10:49 PM
Since I will be in Miami I am limited to 11x11space, my wife will not let me move furniture and decoration @ the apartment and the patio is all grass, on the pool area deck to much sun. As soon I go back to my home at DR, no problem, we can go as much as 16x16 or more. I guess on-road layout with reasonable straightway is the ideal.

Well Gentlemen I will be out for a while, I will go on trip an will take one of my laptop with me, but really depends on the time I will have available and the hotels Internet connections, what will rule me in line to login this forum. For sure from Feb-20-09 I will be back here making my comments and accompanying you all in this super great forum
Wish you all a great time.
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.02.02, 11:00 PM
Cherub1m
I like your three latest track layouts very much, as well as, PridgeoK last three
Perhaps PridgeoK layouts could be little more challenging, just a bit. Just my opinion.
I guess you guys are in the right direction and can select 4 final layouts, so that as soon I end with this trip, we can vote for the selection of the first race event track layout.:):):D
Cheers

PridgeoK
2009.02.03, 12:24 AM
I'll make sure to create a 1/2 dozen or more tracks in the 11x11 size-range and will definitely try to make a few more challenging designs we can choose from. I think Philip is a little more of a natural at this than I am, but I'll put the effort in for sure.

Should we endeavour to make four 11x11 tracks, then four larger tracks for when you're back in the Dominican Republic? I like the idea...

Have a good trip, Richard! I'll look forward to your return.

Kevin.

Cherub1m
2009.02.03, 11:49 AM
Have fun Richard.

Hey Pridgeok you have great designs also, keeping it simple is not a bad idea. I just had an evil grin while making the turns :D. I'll make some more 11'x11' since some of the ones I made will need more than just a mini 96 + expansion kit. I also will make some bigger one for when Richard is in DR. The way my basement is layed out I can have a 20+ feet straigth away but I would not be able to do a 16'x16' because my basement is shaped like this(its not to scale :D):

so having the straight away extent to the other room allows for a long straight :D. I could have maga turns on one side and the long straight in the middle and more turns on the other side:D

PridgeoK
2009.02.03, 08:56 PM
That's a pretty awesome area for a track, Philip. I would need to tear down some walls to do something like that (oh so tempting, but not realistic). ;) I'm sure we can come up with some cool tracks with some long straights plus some good technical sections that will fit your area fairly well.

I have approx. 20 x 16 in my carport to play with (I can go ~17' wide in some areas), and in our common room that I can rent, the dimensions are around 23 x 16... so we should be able to make use of a good chunk, if not all of the mini-96 + expansion pieces in that kind of area.

Do you have the wide-radius inside corners, or the 45 degree pieces at all? Or... are we going with just the base piece types?

Kevin.

Cherub1m
2009.02.04, 11:46 AM
I have approx. 20 x 16 in my carport to play with (I can go ~17' wide in some areas), and in our common room that I can rent, the dimensions are around 23 x 16... so we should be able to make use of a good chunk, if not all of the mini-96 + expansion pieces in that kind of area.

Do you have the wide-radius inside corners, or the 45 degree pieces at all? Or... are we going with just the base piece types?

Kevin.

Hi Kevin

20x16 with availability for more space, nice... very nice.

Sorry the wife only allowed me to have the mini96 with expansion kit for now. In the future I will get some more expansion kits. So I am limited to 12 curve pieces, and 12 inside corner peices when making tracks.

Cherub1m
2009.02.04, 11:57 AM
Hey Kevin and Richard

I was playing around last night and used RCP Track 3cVer2 (layout is attached) and did some time trials. Here are the results:

Track rules at Slip Angle Chaser's Dungeon :D was run 10 laps has fast has I could.

AWD MA010: 10 laps in 39.79 sec. and with a best lap of 3.78 sec.

2WD MR02: 10 laps in 40.72 sec. and with a best lap of 3.77 sec.

The MR02 would enter the corner a little faster (I think) but it just could not exit the corner has fast has the MA010.

Here are the cars set up:

MA010 set up

WB and Body:
98mm on Mclaren LM

PCB and Tx:
2.4. KoPropo EX-10 Helios

Motor:
Atomic stock gear ratio is very high (dont remember ratio)

Front:
*Green PN pro springs
*+2.5 offset rims
*Kyosho 30 narrows
*2 degree of camber (3racing alum knuckles)
*3racing alum top cover
*3racing ball diff
*stock kyosho toe #6 toe in bar

Rear:
*Silver springs (stock one that came with the SAS Pro kit)
*about .5 to .8 mm of droop
*Omm wide offset rims
*20 degree kyosho wide 1 degree of camber
*1 degree toe in
*3racing ball diff
*Medium atomic friction grease.

MR02 set up

WB and Body:
98mm on Mclaren LM

PCB and Tx:

Motor:
Atomic Standard gear ratio is 7.33 (spur 44 and pinion 6)

Front:
2 degree of camber (PN)
purple PN springs
30 degree Atomic grove narrow tires
-1 offset front rims

Rear:
3racing ball diff
20 degree Kyosho wide tires
0 offset rims
PN damper system with red spring on top and blue spring on bottom
Kyosho yellow top shock with stock oil and stock springs. (can't remember if I have spacers in our out)

Hope you guys like it. In the future I'll try and post some videos (I am not very good with the video at this point:D)

eztuner12
2009.02.04, 12:50 PM
Hey Kevin and Richard

I was playing around last night and used RCP Track 3cVer2 (layout is attached) and did some time trials. Here are the results:

Track rules at Slip Angle Chaser's Dungeon :D was run 10 laps has fast has I could.

AWD MA010: 10 laps in 39.79 sec. and with a best lap of 3.78 sec.

2WD MR02: 10 laps in 40.72 sec. and with a best lap of 3.77 sec.

The MR02 would enter the corner a little faster (I think) but it just could not exit the corner has fast has the MA010.

Here are the cars set up:

MA010 set up

WB and Body:
98mm on Mclaren LM

PCB and Tx:

Motor:
Atomic stock gear ratio is very high (dont remember ratio)

Front:
*Green PN pro springs
*+2.5 offset rims
*Kyosho 30 narrows
*2 degree of camber (3racing alum knuckles)
*3racing alum top cover
*3racing ball diff
*stock kyosho toe #6 toe in bar

Rear:
*Silver springs (stock one that came with the SAS Pro kit)
*about .5 to .8 mm of droop
*Omm wide offset rims
*20 degree kyosho wide 1 degree of camber
*1 degree toe in
*3racing ball diff
*Medium atomic friction grease.

MR02 set up

WB and Body:
98mm on Mclaren LM

PCB and Tx:

Motor:
Atomic Standard gear ratio is 7.33 (spur 44 and pinion 6)

Front:
2 degree of camber (PN)
purple PN springs
30 degree Atomic grove narrow tires
-1 offset front rims

Rear:
3racing ball diff
20 degree Kyosho wide tires
0 offset rims
PN damper system with red spring on top and blue spring on bottom
Kyosho yellow top shock with stock oil and stock springs. (can't remember if I have spacers in our out)

Hope you guys like it. In the future I'll try and post some videos (I am not very good with the video at this point:D)

Yep, very nice layout
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.02.12, 12:41 PM
I made this new layout and was playing around with the MRO2 and MA010 doing some time trials.

In short, my RM 94mm fitted with the Vodafone Mercedes did 10 laps in 49.02sec. with fast lap of 4.71sec I was surprised by this RM's speed because 98mm MM in the past did 10 laps in 49.78sec with a fast lap of 4.81sec, well, I could not believe I was faster with the RM. So I pulled out the 98mm MM again and tried again and this time did 10 laps in 48.76sec with a fast lap of 4.69sec. So I decided to convert the RM to a 94mm MM set up and tried a few laps and BAMM I did 10 laps in 47.92sec with fast lap of 4.56sec and then 10 laps in 47.28sec with a fast lap of 4.61sec, I could not believe it, because my AWD(the KING) a few days ago I did 10 laps in 47.99sec with a fast lap of 4.59sec... the KING was finally dethroned. Well, I had to pull out the AWD once again and try and BAMM did 10 laps in 47.11 with a fast lap of 4.55. I thought OK the KING is back and put it back on the shelve to continue tweaking my MR02's. Now normally I am faster with my 98mm so I had to pull out the 98mm MM to redeem it against the 94mm and after a few laps I did 10 laps in 47.19 with fast lap of 4.52. Kept on running and BAMMM to my amazement the KING was dethroned yet once again I did 10 laps in 46.46sec:eek: and a fast lap of 4.48sec:eek:. I thought it was a fluke, to my amazement I was able to repeat the results consistently. I felt conflicted, I was happy I could go that fast with my MRO2 but I am a MA010 believer so I reached up to the shelve once more and pulled out the mighty AWD and tried once again. And I could not believe it I could not hit that elusive 46sec mark after a few laps I was stuck at low 47sec. I quickly reminded myself i hadn't done anything to tune my AWD in several months so I did one thing changed the kyosho 30 fronts with new kyosho fronts and tried again. Well, the moment I placed the AWD and started to drive it, I had a smile on my face cause I knew The KING, The Stallion, The Mighty AWD was back and BBAAAAMMMM!!!!!! did 10 laps in 46.53sec then 45.60sec then 10 laps in 45.32sec with a fast lap of 4.41sec:D at last the AWD regained its throne. I have to say the MRO2's are not done yet in fact I have 4 of them I used to obtain these numbers and they normally are 2 sec behind the AWD (on my track). However, now they are closing that gap, they are around 1 sec behing, the gap is closing, we will see in the next few months if The Mighty MA010 can retain its Crown at the Slip Angle Chaser's Grotto :D

I attached a pic of the layout used.

Cherub1m
2009.02.13, 04:31 PM
I know that last post was to long. Well, here is a Video I posted in You Tube, this is my first one so no major editing.

Its not from my time trials, just random run.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PfYfv2jk8&fmt=18

PridgeoK
2009.02.14, 02:37 AM
Nicely done!! Love it! :D:D:D

Cherub1m
2009.02.15, 10:59 PM
Thanks Kevin, when I get a chance I'll record some more with different chassis and bodies.:D

Cherub1m
2009.02.17, 10:07 AM
Hey do you guys have digital video recorder?

Does anyone know if there is a software that could time a moving object (or moving pixels) in a video?

eztuner12
2009.02.17, 02:10 PM
Here is a better quality video not quite the quality like in my computer. After You Tube processed it the quality went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PfYfv2jk8&fmt=18

Nice vidieo Cherub1m.Nice driving too!!:eek:
did you use your PC webcam for this vidio?
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.02.17, 10:49 PM
Nice vidieo Cherub1m.Nice driving too!!:eek:
did you use your PC webcam for this vidio?
Cheers

Hi Richard

Thanks, since I can't make all the races localy I can keep practicing in the basement, so I don't look to bad when I am able to make the races:D.

The AWD is even faster through the turns.

I used a digital cam, the Sony dcr-trv22 and Pinnacle Studios to make the introduction and ending.

Cherub1m
2009.02.24, 02:24 PM
Hey Richard

Are you back yet? Hope all went well.

The AWD has now dropped the time from RCP Track3cVer2long, to 10 laps in 42:82sec with fast lap of 3:81sec. And my little experiment with the normal SAS (the original delrin/plastic one, basically Iam trying to reduce weight) fitted with alum. shocks I was able to do 10 laps in 42:83sec with fast lap of 3.59sec(could that be the reduced weight?):D. The 2wd are now at mid to low 45 sec. I think if I can be a little more consistent I could do mid 44's with the 2wds. At this point my track layout favors the AWD.

Both 98mm with nsx body (ok I am sold that body in 98mm's is awsome, well at least for my driving style) and +1 Wide rims front and back and K30 degrees in front and K20 degrees in rear. I am still working on lightening the AWD a bit. So I am working on a stock Kyosho rear end.

eztuner12
2009.02.25, 03:14 PM
Hi Philip
Yep I been having a super great time:):):D. I am in Atlanta Georgia this instant and will be traveling to Homestead FL by next Saturday then back to Miami by Sunday. So I think we can decide on the track layout we will use on our 1st race by Monday & Tuesday, perhaps we can go on with the 1st race of the championsip from Saturday on;).
Any suggestions Gentlemen?
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.02.26, 11:16 AM
Hi Richard

Good to hear from you and glad to hear your having fun. Plan for Saturday on sound good to me. Should we keep the track to 11'x11' or are you in a place where we can run a longer straight?

eztuner12
2009.02.26, 03:30 PM
Hi Richard

Good to hear from you and glad to hear your having fun. Plan for Saturday on sound good to me. Should we keep the track to 11'x11' or are you in a place where we can run a longer straight?

Hi Philip
Yes no larger than 11x11. Iíll be in my town home in Miami for the next few months and my space there is limited.
Just logged in to respond your question, I am in the middle of something now, so I will be back on this forum by next Sunday night.
Have a great day!
Cheers;)

PridgeoK
2009.02.27, 12:24 AM
Hey guys,

Welcome back, Richard. Hey Philip.

I'm able to set up a track on March 6th and possibly March 13th to give you guys a run for your hard earned money! ;) Sorry I haven't gotten around to drawing up any tracks lately. I hope to have some time this weekend to get a few drawn up.

I should have a group of 3 or more people to race against here, and both of my opponents are much more experienced racers than myself, so... I'm hoping to at least make a respectable attempt at keeping up to them. :p

Let's make a decision on a track to race in March decided upon in the next few days, ok? :) I mean - in a few days after Richard is back home, and before I run the cars on the 6th of March. Sound good?

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.02.27, 12:59 AM
Hi Kev
Thx for the welcome.
After next Sunday March-01-09 I will be available to race any time you guys decide. The only responsibilities I will have from that day on will be swim in my pool; sunbaths, a couple of meeting related to my business and log in this forum, perhaps accompanied my wife to go shopping and dinning. Business is slow so I donít have much to do.
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.01, 01:03 PM
Hi Kev and Richard

Here are some tracks. You've seen these before. Also, when you guys make tracks since i only have the Mini96 and expansion pack I can only use 12 curves and 12 inside(corners) curves. You can make the track long, you just can't make them with more 12 curves and 12 inside (corners) curves :D or I wont be able to run :(.

Here are four 11'x11':

eztuner12
2009.03.02, 03:51 PM
Hi Gentlemen
Well I’m finally back but very tired. I guess it will take a couple of days and a few dip in the pool to recover. Man I could really feel my 50 years old with such activities lately, even with my daily 45min exercises to keep fit and healthy.
About the track size, it dose not have to be 11x11 just not larger than that:cool:.
I have a couple of friend that wants to participate in the race, but they don’t want to disclose their name not even register at the forum, so I will have to figure out how can they do so, any ideas? They are 1/8-gas drivers and they think other friends will make jokes of them, as they did with me, when they knew I was into Mini-zs:D, so I have to figure something out soon so that they can go out and buy their MA-010 AWD.
Philip, any of the two first tracks you posted last are fine with me, lets see what Kev has to offer
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.03.02, 04:49 PM
Hi Gentlemen
Well Iím finally back but very tired. I guess it will take a couple of days and a few dip in the pool to recover. Man I could really feel my 50 years old with such activities lately, even with my daily 45min exercises to keep fit and healthy.
About the track size, it dose not have to be 11x11 just not larger than that:cool:.
I have a couple of friend that wants to participate in the race, but they donít want to disclose their name not even register at the forum, so I will have to figure out how can they do so, any ideas? They are 1/8-gas drivers and they think other friends will make jokes of them, as they did with me, when they knew I was into Mini-zs:D, so I have to figure something out soon so that they can go out and buy their MA-010 AWD.
Philip, any of the two first tracks you posted last are fine with me, lets see what Kev has to offer
Cheers;)

Cool! the more the better. Tell them to use an alias like "1/28 scaler", MinizNoob :D (joking), AAAmadness, 130MotorsRocks, ZRacer or anything their fellow 1/8 gas drivers will never guess :D, or they could use your aliase with slight modification eztuner13, eztuner14 :D.

Well, here is the track I am picking let me know if this is fine.

eztuner12
2009.03.02, 08:00 PM
One of my friends is actually right here with me. I am showing him @ this fine forum and my Mini-z equipment, plus some videos of those World Cup event races, as well as, your & Kev suggested layouts for our event. These guys are hard to convince on how much fun this 1/28 electric scale could be:).
Well we were thinking that, if they finally decide to participate in some of our M-96 WCS races, I could post their results (fastest lap, total # of laps & race time) for them, using some alias name, certainly if you Gentlemen agree.
Cheers

PridgeoK
2009.03.03, 02:57 AM
Hey guys - that track looks great. Let's give it a whirl! :D

Kevin.

Cherub1m
2009.03.03, 10:56 AM
Well we were thinking that, if they finally decide to participate in some of our M-96 WCS races, I could post their results (fastest lap, total # of laps & race time) for them, using some alias name, certainly if you Gentlemen agree.
Cheers

Hi Richard

Sounds good to me. The more racers we can have participate the better it will be. Even if they are in congnito :D. Maybe they can have the alias "The Masked Minizer" :D

Hey guys - that track looks great. Let's give it a whirl! :D

Kevin.

Cool!!!

So how do you guys want to do this?
1) How fast you can do 10 laps, or 25 laps, or 50 laps? and we record the time and fast lap.
2) For now we run anything MRO2, MRO15 and MA010 with any modifications? or do we want to limit some things?
3) When should we start? and when should we submit our times?
4) Should we also post our set ups? and track set up (what side of the RCP track some choose to run, smooth or rough side)
5) How often should we change track layout? do we run clockwise (on road style)?
6) What will be the designated starting line?

Also, if you guys have digital cameras and feel like recording and posting your run that would be a added plus:D.

eztuner12
2009.03.03, 11:55 AM
So how do you guys want to do this?
1) How fast you can do 10 laps, or 25 laps, or 50 laps? and we record the time and fast lap. What about 5 minutes race? Go for best lap and most laps with in the 5 min, I will suggest.
2) For now we run anything MRO2, MRO15 and MA010 with any modifications? or do we want to limit some things? I will race 4wd, but donít mind racing against any other model. No limits for now I suggest.
3) When should we start? and when should we submit our times? Any time from next Friday submit results any time after we have ended our race with in 48 hours.
4) Should we also post our set ups? and track set up (what side of the RCP track some choose to run, smooth or rough side) Yep lets post chassis set-up & body, I really prefer the smooth side of the track (Please) just hate to much traction as on the rough side.
I guess posting: 1) best lap, 2) total # of laps, 3) final time, is ok, well thatís all I can submit with the home made lap counter I have here.
5) How often should we change track layout? do we run clockwise, (on road style)? Clockwise, on-road. Maybe we can do two races the same day same track layout once a month?
6) What will be the designated starting line? From the beginning of the straightway I will suggest

Also, if you guys have digital cameras and feel like recording and posting your run that would be a added plus . I have digit camera but no video, unless I use my new hp dv5-1235dx laptop web cam

Cherub1m
2009.03.04, 10:48 AM
Sounds good to me. Has far has the track side I think we agreed to run either side. For me main reason I want to keep it consistent with local race events and bigger race events, since they run the rough side.

So... Friday it is :D

eztuner12
2009.03.04, 11:13 AM
Sounds good to me. Has far has the track side I think we agreed to run either side. For me main reason I want to keep it consistent with local race events and bigger race events, since they run the rough side.

So... Friday it is :D

Hi Philip.
Perfect!!! With me regarding the track side
Well One issue has arise with the date:eek:, My wife has contracted some painters to paint the house inside, and do to my needs for the room I am using, she decided to do that room first, that will be on next Friday and perhaps Saturday they will place some wall paper on one side and do some details on the roof:rolleyes:. I guess, “hope” the room will be available for me by Sunday. Sorry:(.
Are we all agree on your latest track design?
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.03.04, 09:22 PM
Hi Philip.
Perfect!!! With me regarding the track side
Well One issue has arise with the date:eek:, My wife has contracted some painters to paint the house inside, and do to my needs for the room I am using, she decided to do that room first, that will be on next Friday and perhaps Saturday they will place some wall paper on one side and do some details on the roof:rolleyes:. I guess, ďhopeĒ the room will be available for me by Sunday. Sorry:(.
Are we all agree on your latest track design?
Cheers;)

Hi Richard

No problem, Sunday is fine with me. I think we all agree on the track. Did your 1/8 scale friends decide to join?

eztuner12
2009.03.05, 11:47 AM
Hi Richard

No problem, Sunday is fine with me. I think we all agree on the track. Did your 1/8 scale friends decide to join?

About my friend, they have not made their mind yet. So I guess they wonít participate on this 1st race, if the decide to go on with Mini-z, the first have to buy them and practice for a couple of days.
About the race on Sunday, perfect with me, lets wait for Kevís opinion to confirm it.
Are we going for one heat 5min race or two ?
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.03.05, 08:18 PM
About my friend, they have not made their mind yet. So I guess they wonít participate on this 1st race, if the decide to go on with Mini-z, the first have to buy them and practice for a couple of days.
About the race on Sunday, perfect with me, lets wait for Kevís opinion to confirm it.
Are we going for one heat 5min race or two ?
Cheers;)

Agree lets wait for Kev to confirm.

I don't understand the 5min heat race or two. Does this mean we get only two tries with the layout? we can't practice on it? we can't do multiple 5min runs and pick the best time? clarify for me please.

eztuner12
2009.03.05, 11:33 PM
Agree lets wait for Kev to confirm.

I don't understand the 5min heat race or two. Does this mean we get only two tries with the layout? we can't practice on it? we can't do multiple 5min runs and pick the best time? clarify for me please.

No no, we can practice as much as we want before we go for the accounted race, What I meant by 2 heats was, we can go for two individual races on the same day and submit the results for both, instead of only one race. 5min is the race time I am proposing. Clear now?;)
Cheers

PridgeoK
2009.03.06, 12:21 AM
Hey guys,

5 minute races sound great to me. Two races - one clockwise, one counterclockwise? Or does it matter? I think doing it one race each way makes sense...

What I would like to do is let any of us race this track when the time/date suits you - not on a specific day. If we decide to race two tracks per month, then I'd like to see us have the ability to run the first track any day between the 1st and the 15th, then the second race any day from the 16th to the end of the month... or thereabouts accounting for February. ;)

To make it fair, we should only post the results on a specific day - say the 15th and 30th of the month.

But ya - this way there's flexibility on the race days for each group, and you're not going to know how the others did until a specific day.

My 2c!

Kevin

eztuner12
2009.03.06, 12:30 AM
Hey guys,

5 minute races sound great to me. Two races - one clockwise, one counterclockwise? Or does it matter? I think doing it one race each way makes sense...

What I would like to do is let any of us race this track when the time/date suits you - not on a specific day. If we decide to race two tracks per month, then I'd like to see us have the ability to run the first track any day between the 1st and the 15th, then the second race any day from the 16th to the end of the month... or thereabouts accounting for February. ;)

To make it fair, we should only post the results on a specific day - say the 15th and 30th of the month.

But ya - this way there's flexibility on the race days for each group, and you're not going to know how the others did until a specific day.

My 2c!

Kevin

Hi Kev,
It sounds fine to me, which would be double the fun. I like the idea of two races per month and post on the 15 & 30, oh yeah! Perhaps use same track for 4 races / 2 month?
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.06, 09:23 AM
Hey guys,

My 2c!

Kevin

Hi Kev,
It sounds fine to me, which would be double the fun. I like the idea of two races per month and post on the 15 & 30, oh yeah! Perhaps use same track for 4 races / 2 month?
Cheers

Hey guys

Kevin's i like your idea of running the races between 1st to 15th for the first race and 16th to end of month for second race and posting on the 15th for first race and 30th for second race.

Richard sound good to me about same track for 4 races/2 months.

So can we say LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CHARGE UP YOUR BATTERIES! :D

eztuner12
2009.03.06, 11:16 AM
Great Gentlemen,
Ok I guess we have covered every detail:), but where we should place the lap counter?.
I suggest at turn #5, the wide turn before the turn into the straightway.
Cheers

PridgeoK
2009.03.06, 09:23 PM
So can we say LADIES AND GENTLEMEN CHARGE UP YOUR BATTERIES! :D

LOL! Right on!! I'm setting up tonight guys. :D:D

I'm not too worried about the start-line location, and kind of like the idea of having it where it's drawn for now - makes for a quick burn for the finish line on the straight! :eek:

I'll tell you how it went tomorrow - just running out of the house!

Cheers guys!

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.03.06, 10:05 PM

I'm not too worried about the start-line location, and kind of like the idea of having it where it's drawn for now - makes for a quick burn for the finish line on the straight! :eek:

Cheers guys!

Kev.
Good luck Kev!!!!!! Enjoy it man.:):):D

While you are having fun racing, I will be removing my track and stuff since tomorrow morning they will paint the room:(. So I will go out to the field with my wife and some friends for a picnic and fly helis as well:).
Cheers;)

Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.07, 09:31 AM
Great Gentlemen,
Ok I guess we have covered every detail:), but where we should place the lap counter?.
I suggest at turn #5, the wide turn before the turn into the straightway.
Cheers

Cheers guys!

Kev.

For the starting line I have to have mine on the narrow section of the track for it to work. My sensor wont read at the wide section, its to far :(. I can put mine near between turn #5 an #1 right before last turn that goes back into the straight.

Good luck guys.

PridgeoK
2009.03.07, 01:43 PM
Hey - we had a pretty good set of races last night - the guys humoured me with the track, even though the room we had available to us was big enough to hold two or three times the track pieces I have (BIG!), and we ran on the smooth side of track. Turned out to be quite the technical track!! Not too sure how many smaller tracks these guys will want to run in a space like that though! LOL!

We had four racers, all MR-02's, so there was a bit of traffic and some close fights! I actually won the first race we did by .8 of a second, then proceeded to consistently pull third or fourth place finishes for the rest of our attempts, I think! :D For a small track, it was pretty fun - very technical and the crashes that did happen were slow enough that no real damage is done... was sure easy to fall back a lap when you messed up though! :p

I had some lap-counter issues I needed to fight with - I think the connectors on the transponders were getting a bit loose (or dirty) on two of our cars, so it wasn't reading sometimes - the blinkin' light sometimes wasn't blinking! That, and my bridge needs work - the sensors are SO sensitive on a small track that it sometimes reads a car on the section of track just across from the bridge, so I'm going to add some better blinders to it. There was a 2 second lap in there! Had to have been a mistaken counter read... We ended up moving the bridge to the end of the straight on the left-hand side so there wasn't any neighboring track to get mis-reads. Worked pretty well there.

Like I said though - it was a lot of fun. We ran like 10 races, I think... four counter clockwise, six clockwise.

Kev.

Cherub1m
2009.03.07, 07:22 PM
Sounds good Kev, I started using a lazer pointer has an alternate light source for my lap counter, at first I mounted it on the rails of the track but soon found out any little bump would cause the lap counter to miss read. So I mounted the lazer pionter on a stand out of modeling clay :D it works great its just hard enough where it does not drift (stays on target) and soft enough to move around when I need to aim it. Now that the pointer is outside the track and aimed at the sensor of the lap counter, big vibration dont cause miss reads and now I can use this lap counting system in the wide section of the track. I am not confined to having my lap counter on the narrow sections anymore :D. However, that little lazer pointer eats up batteries (maybe they were old batteries I had in there).

eztuner12
2009.03.09, 06:39 PM
For the starting line I have to have mine on the narrow section of the track for it to work. My sensor wont read at the wide section, its to far :(. I can put mine near between turn #5 an #1 right before last turn that goes back into the straight.

Good luck guys.

hi Philip
The lap counter does not have to be at the starting point, it couls be placed any were in the thrck. Your proposed area seems OK to me, between turn 5 and 1. Is that ok with you Kev?

eztuner12
2009.03.09, 06:43 PM
Hey - we had a pretty good set of races last night - the guys humoured me with the track, even though the room we had available to us was big enough to hold two or three times the track pieces I have (BIG!), and we ran on the smooth side of track. Turned out to be quite the technical track!! Not too sure how many smaller tracks these guys will want to run in a space like that though! LOL!

We had four racers, all MR-02's, so there was a bit of traffic and some close fights! I actually won the first race we did by .8 of a second, then proceeded to consistently pull third or fourth place finishes for the rest of our attempts, I think! :D For a small track, it was pretty fun - very technical and the crashes that did happen were slow enough that no real damage is done... was sure easy to fall back a lap when you messed up though! :p

I had some lap-counter issues I needed to fight with - I think the connectors on the transponders were getting a bit loose (or dirty) on two of our cars, so it wasn't reading sometimes - the blinkin' light sometimes wasn't blinking! That, and my bridge needs work - the sensors are SO sensitive on a small track that it sometimes reads a car on the section of track just across from the bridge, so I'm going to add some better blinders to it. There was a 2 second lap in there! Had to have been a mistaken counter read... We ended up moving the bridge to the end of the straight on the left-hand side so there wasn't any neighboring track to get mis-reads. Worked pretty well there.

Like I said though - it was a lot of fun. We ran like 10 races, I think... four counter clockwise, six clockwise.

Kev.
Hi Kev
Goo to read about your race outcome, looking on for your results. The area I am planing to use is invaded and will be for about 3 more days:(
I guess that I'll be racing on the weekend:)
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.15, 01:30 AM
Hey

You guys mind if we turn in our run times on the by the 20th for the first half of the month? I've been a little busy havent run much and wont have much time to run the early part of the week.

eztuner12
2009.03.15, 02:02 AM
Hey

You guys mind if we turn in our run times on the by the 20th for the first half of the month? I've been a little busy havent run much and wont have much time to run the early part of the week.

Perfect for me:):), while the rest of the house is been painted and refurnish, my hobby room has became a storage room.
I have a new McLaren F1 GTR Le Mans and a 4wd ATM Pan shell & havenít had the time for even try it yet:mad:
Cheers;)

PridgeoK
2009.03.15, 03:01 AM
Cool - no worries guys. The 20th for posting day works for me! ;)

I'm not sure if I"m going to be able to run a second race this month the way it's going right now anyway. Big race going on tomorrow at a local elementary school, and a HFAY run next week... then I'm travelling the next weekend.

Enjoy!

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.03.17, 05:49 PM
Cool - no worries guys. The 20th for posting day works for me! ;)

I'm not sure if I"m going to be able to run a second race this month the way it's going right now anyway. Big race going on tomorrow at a local elementary school, and a HFAY run next week... then I'm travelling the next weekend.

Enjoy!

Kev.

Good luck on those races Kev;)
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.03.19, 02:24 AM
Hi Gentlemen
I assembled my track in the living room today for about an hour to set up my car with the new McF1-GTR Le Mans.
First race results:
Race time; 5.036 min
Total Laps; 82
Fastest lap; 3.58 sec
Average lap time; 3.68 sec

Second race results:
Race time; 5.032
Total Laps 83
Fastest Lap; 3.53 sec
ALT; 3.63 sec

Car body; McLaren F1-GTR LeMans/98WB.
Motor; ATM T2.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

Cheers

EMU
2009.03.19, 02:28 AM
Please post a video :p I want to see your car fly around the Mini-Tile...

It sounds like you have very consistant runs, the average lap times are not very far off the fastest lap time.

eztuner12
2009.03.19, 02:49 AM
Please post a video :p I want to see your car fly around the Mini-Tile...

It sounds like you have very consistant runs, the average lap times are not very far off the fastest lap time.

Hi Eugene
I donít have a digit vidio camara, sorry:(
For a while I thought I was going kind of slow on practices, until I instaled the lap counter. The McLaren Le Mans seems to go slow on sight.
Yep constancy is the name of the game. Go as fast as you can with no errors, right?
Well lets wait for Philip and Kevin resolts, perhaps they did a better job.
BTW very small track only 32.5 feet.
Cheers

EMU
2009.03.19, 03:13 AM
I really wish that I still had my Mini-Tile so I can compete with you guys... but even if I had it, I have nowhere to set it up :(

eztuner12
2009.03.19, 03:29 AM
I really wish that I still had my Mini-Tile so I can compete with you guys... but even if I had it, I have nowhere to set it up :(

Too bad:(, we are using the Mini-96 with expansion on few areas of the track.
This is really a ďFUNĒ competition, so if you can draw the track layout we are using with chalk on the floor or any where, you are 100% welcome, even if your track is an RCP wide, no problem here.
Cheers;)

EMU
2009.03.19, 03:40 AM
I wont have the ability to adjust the track layout at the local track... and I have no grip on my hardwood.

This was the last layout I had with my track... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71t8q9QbRic&fmt=18

eztuner12
2009.03.19, 12:40 PM
I wont have the ability to adjust the track layout at the local track... and I have no grip on my hardwood.

This was the last layout I had with my track... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71t8q9QbRic&fmt=18

As I said, too bad. It would be nice to have you racing with us:D.
Really good execution there and nice track layout, were did you get those checkers tiles you have on the straightway center lane??????
I have been figuring out what kind of paint I could use to paint a couple of the expansion blanks tiles.
Cheers

EMU
2009.03.19, 01:47 PM
They came with my expansion set...

Cherub1m
2009.03.19, 03:12 PM
Hi Guys

I am off today but taking care of the little one :D. During their nap time I did some time trials with the AWD and my MR015. I should have the video up some time today:D.

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Car body; NSX 2007/98mm WB.
Motor; ATM Stock BB.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

First race results:
Race time; 5.0244 min
Total Laps; 84
Fastest lap; 3.35 sec
Average lap time; 3.588 sec

Second race results:
Race time; 5.0280
Total Laps 84
Fastest Lap; 3.27 sec
Average lap time; 3.591 sec

2WD RESULTS:
Chassis; MR015
Car body; Mini Cooper S/90mm WB high mount.
Motor; PN 70T.
Batteries; Radio Shack 700 :D.

First race results:
Race time; 5.0150 min
Total Laps; 83
Fastest lap; 3.34 sec
Average lap time; 3.625 sec

Second race results:
Race time; 5.0092
Total Laps 83
Fastest Lap; 3.35 sec
Average lap time; 3.621 sec

I have some fast laps with both chassis but I need to be more consistent. I think I could hit 85 laps with the AWD if I just increase my gear ration to get more torque and less top end. The Mini Cooper is fast but you have to be careful not to flip it. On this track its just has fast has the MR02, at least for now.

Richard I don't know how you set up your ATM T2:eek:, but that motor is to much for that track. Try an ATM Stock, ATM AWD, PN AWD, or PN Speedy 07 BB. Even with those super stock motor you will still need to have a high gear ration to slow the car down and increase torque. If I had your consistency I think I could get 86 to 87 laps on that track.

Eugene, your welcome to come an run at my track if you want to post some times:D.

OK. Kevin your next:D

Here are the videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC4owIVhiPM&fmt=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZX5WIDqih4&fmt=18

At the end of each video I take a close up of the timer to show the times.

eztuner12
2009.03.20, 02:42 AM
Great job Philip.
So you are in 1ST place:cool:. What about Kev and his friends??
Hey Kev, you can post the results any time now.
I did some “unofficial” tryouts which ended about 30min ago, with 3 different shells, her are the best result out of 3 runs with each body, all three runs with each shell were very close to this posted here.

McF1-GTR Le Mans/98-WB / Body weight=40g
Race time; 5.023
#Laps; 83
ALT; 3.63
Fastest Lap; 3.52

McF1-LM/ 98-WB / Body weight=33g
Race time; 5.011
# Laps 84
ALT; 3.579
Fastest lap; 3.46

ATM AWD Pan V-lll/ 94-WB / Body weight=33g
Race time; 5.005
#Laps; 85
ALT; 3.53
Fastest lap 3.44

Well, as you can appreciate the ATM Pan is very fast shell but aggressive too, with this body a had to practice until a got it right, since I was experimenting some side walls shaving entering the straightway, as well as, some rear pushing at turn #3 (1st U turn) But finally got it together, adjusting the steering turn value/ end point. This ATM AWD Pan has a great potential in line to improve the 85 laps, for sure 86, perchance 87 as you mentioned Philip, accomplished through more practice and some Tx adjusting. About the ATM T2, This is an old motor with well wear comm., I tested the new ATM T2 I recently got and it is too fast for this short track indeed, same as the Maine-iac 35T HW.
Man those videos are so clear and nice to, the Mini Cooper BMW looks outstanding extremely good looking and it runs terrific too.
Does anybody know the wheels offset for the ATM AWD V-III????
I would like to get a nice set of PN alum wheels for it, perhaps I can make it lees nervous, adding some weight on the wheels to keep it low CG plus it will look great too.
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.20, 08:12 AM
Hi Richard

Great runs I knew you could improve those numbers:D. If I have time today I may try a few different set up with my AWD and other 2WD's and do some more runs. Your fast laps are so close to your ALT, you are around .1 sec difference between them. My time have a .3 sec difference:eek: I need your consistency:D

Thanks for the comment on the videos. I know you are a BMW fan so I ran the Mini Cooper, glad you enjoyed it. The Cooper is very nibble and surprisingly stable at 90mm and running a high mount stock motor mount, with no damper or shock:D, and narrow rims with 0 off set all around.

I don't think Kevin is going to make this run apparently he is busy for the rest of the month, hopefully he will participate next month.

Cherub1m
2009.03.20, 03:42 PM
Got home a little early today and guess what yes more time trials:D

First I changed the set up of my AWD to lighten it up to 195 with radio shack batteries:D with the 900 orion's it was at 196.2 with NSX 07 body (without rear wing) and last I put narrow 3.5 rims all around and used kyosho semi wide 20d in the rear and the usual kyosh narrow 30d in the front. These measure allowed me to run the car at 196.2 since i use the orion's for the test run.

Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock BB.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

First run:
Race time; 5.0203 min
Total Laps; 84
Fastest lap; 3.20 sec
Average lap time; 3.586 sec

Second run:
Race time; 5.0103 min
Total Laps; 87
Fastest lap; 3.23 sec
Average lap time; 3.455 sec

The interesting thing is the second run was not flawless, which means I could potentially run faster. During the run I had some slow down due to brushing the walls and coming off my line, but no abrupt stops or stops that required reversing. Also, I changed my line, the last corner before entering the straight (turn #6) I would basically go full throttle right at the apex of turn #6 all the way to about two to three tiles before turn #2 and tried to late apex all the other turns. The car ran great and rotated better then ever, for a flat track I am now a believer of the narrow rims all around with semi wides tires in the rear. I also placed a lexan wing (can't believe the lexan wing weight that much i should have never painted it:D) so now the total weight is 197.3grams RTR with the SAS Pro (and 900 orion's). I did similar set up to the other AWD and it now weighs 191.9 grams RTR with SAS first generation (with 900 orion's).

Unfortunately no time to do test runs with the 2WD.:(

eztuner12
2009.03.20, 05:35 PM
Hi Philip
Well I have finally made the 86 laps mark:). It was a hard task to accomplish, but I made it!
I really think that 87 laps will be extremely hard to achieve, if possible, which I doubt:p.
I intended several times with no success, always hit 85 laps, so I decided to vacuum and mop the track and mark with chalk 3 different path lines into the straightway thru turn #6, as well as the braking point into turn #3 (1st U turn) since I go thru turn #2 with some speed in a straight line. I had to adjust my Tx brake, TH. Speed & TH. Acceleration values too, plus had to make a 30 sec worm-up run right before starting the race in order to worm-up the tyres. After all these, I did it, for three 5min consecutively runs. I can tell you may hand are hurting:eek::eek:.
It would be easier if turn #6 was a large radius turn in place of that sharp 90 degree into the straightway and a expansion line was in the center right after turn #3, but I had to deal with the layout we had.

Well, here is the result for my best run with 86 laps:

ATM AWD Pan V-lll/ 94-WB / Body weight=33g
Race time; 5.031
#Laps; 86
ALT; 3.510
Fastest lap; 3.40
My fastest overall lap record is 3.38sec

I will give up the 87 lap target, as I said; I doubt it can be achieved at least by me, until one of you breaks the 86 lapís record.
I will go back with the McF1-GTR Le Mans in rank to accomplish better handling and all @ performance. I like this shell; it is quite smooth and I like that:).

Well today I have to remove my track from the living room. I think that by Monday I can place it in the permanent designated room. Oh yeah!!!:D
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.03.20, 05:51 PM
Hi Philip,
Well Well, I see you made the 87 laps:eek:. Congratulations you are an excellent driver man, I really think it would be extremely hard for me to make it, not that I wonít try, but will give it a rest for now, until I get some little extra low CG weight in the 94WB 4wd ATM Pan shell.
Well I guess youth reflex is indeed a great asset you have, plus tremendous driving skills;). Again my very sincere congratulations!!!!!
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.03.20, 06:24 PM
Hi Philip,
Well Well, I see you made the 87 laps:eek:. Congratulations you are an excellent driver man, I really think it would be extremely hard for me to make it, not that I wonít try, but will give it a rest for now, until I get some little extra low CG weight in the 94WB 4wd ATM Pan shell.
Well I guess youth reflex is indeed a great asset you have, plus tremendous driving skills;). Again my very sincere congratulations!!!!!
Cheers;)

Thanks Richard

I know you can hit 87 you are very close to it. Also, are you running the smooth side or rough side of the RCP track? I run the rough side, it has more grip.

I just ran my other AWD with the first generation SAS with same modifications narrow rims all around. The windows came lose so I removed them, in short the car weighed 187.6grams:D. Here are those results.

Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Car body; NSX 2005/98mm WB.
Motor; ATM Stock BB.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

First run:
Race time; 5.0222 min
Total Laps; 85
Fastest lap; 3.16 sec :D:D:D
Average lap time; 3.545 sec

Second run:
Race time; 5.0342 min
Total Laps; 87
Fastest lap; 3.21 sec
Average lap time; 3.472 sec

I had a bad run with my other AWD but in that run I had a 3.18 sec lap time, I haven't been lower than 3.16 sec.

eztuner12
2009.03.20, 07:03 PM
I am using the smooth side, I like my car to be little loose but with traction, It is just the way I am trained to race R/C 4wds, but will give it a try later on, by next week.
The ATM Pan is to aggressive/nervous, I have to practice more on it. BTW, before I disassembled my track, I tested the Mc F1 LM (older McLaren) and hit the 86 laps too.:)
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.20, 07:40 PM
Nice work man, the older Mclaren is a great body its just when I use it my chassis breaks easily since it does not protect the fragile AWD.

I bet if you use the rough side of the RCP, you will hit 87 if not more. You will be able to enter the corners much faster and exit much faster with better grip.

eztuner12
2009.03.20, 08:31 PM
Nice work man, the older Mclaren is a great body its just when I use it my chassis breaks easily since it does not protect the fragile AWD.

I bet if you use the rough side of the RCP, you will hit 87 if not more. You will be able to enter the corners much faster and exit much faster with better grip.

CoolÖ:cool: Iíll go by your suggestion next week, when assemble back the track.
ThxÖ
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.22, 08:20 PM
Hey Guys

Just wondering, are we going to run the same track layout for two to three months? Also, are we going to run it in counter-clockwise next time or should we continue with clockwise (on road style)?

eztuner12
2009.03.24, 02:24 PM
Hey Guys

Just wondering, are we going to run the same track layout for two to three months? Also, are we going to run it in counter-clockwise next time or should we continue with clockwise (on road style)?

Hi Philip,
I guess two month is ok with me. About counterclockwise runs, I can go both ways since I practice a lot counter clockwise to keep balanced my sweetbreads, and when setting-up my chassis as well. But I think Kevin and friends will go for clockwise, what you say Kev. In races, I definitely go for clockwise.
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2009.03.24, 02:58 PM
I have been setting –up my chassis a bit and have practiced since yesterday and yes much better since a raced standing up, not sitting on my lazy-boy.

McF1 LM/98WB/33g
Race time; 5.001
#Laps; 87
ALT; 3.448
Fastest lap; 3.30

ATM Pan V-III/94WB/33g
Race time; 5.003
# Laps; 88
ALT; 3.411
Fastest lap; 3.28

I did took some time to see how fast could I go in 1 min run time sections and my actual fastest time recorded is 3.15 secs with the ATM Pan V-III. This body is getting better and better each time I run it, now that the tires are well run-in it really behaves good regarding command response, certainly racing standing-up I can have a better view of the track, making more efficiencies laps = to constant 88 laps heats
Well I am just waiting to hear from you 89 laps any time:eek:
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.24, 07:28 PM
I have been setting Ėup my chassis a bit and have practiced since yesterday and yes much better since a raced standing up, not sitting on my lazy-boy.

McF1 LM/98WB/33g
Race time; 5.001
#Laps; 87
ALT; 3.448
Fastest lap; 3.30

ATM Pan V-III/94WB/33g
Race time; 5.003
# Laps; 88
ALT; 3.411
Fastest lap; 3.28

I did took some time to see how fast could I go in 1 min laps sections and my actual fastest time recorded is 3.15 secs with the ATM Pan V-III. This body is getting better and better each time I run it, now that the tires are well run-in it really behaves good regarding command response, certainly racing standing-up I can have a better view of the track, making more efficiencies laps = to constant 88 laps heats
Well I am just waiting to hear from you 89 laps any time:eek:
Cheers

Congrats Richard!!! I knew you could do it. 88 laps man thats going to be hard if I can stay consistant then I should be able to do it. We will see. Did I tell you I was able to reduce my AWD weight to 194.7 grams with the SAS Pro:D and with the SAS (first gen.) down to 191.4 grams :D

eztuner12
2009.03.24, 07:58 PM
Thx:). Perhaps you can do 88 laps since you run on the RCP rough side. Try a faster motor! Modified conceivably.

Man you must be going all plastic! Don’t go to light man, it could impair in place of benefit. My 4wd is 210g , yes a tank:eek:.
To be able to go faster laps, I 1st raced standing up, enhanced the track view.. 2nd went for the new ATM T2. 3rd Adjusted my Tx throttle & brake values. 4th went little slower on turn 2 in line to position better to enter into turn 3 the 1st U turn.

As I mentioned earlier, the ATM PAN V-III is getting better, or I am getting better with it, it’s a very quick shell. Hope someday ATM or PN comes out with a 4wd pan but 98mm:):):D.
I can assure I can’t do better than 88, I have been running the afternoon for hours, and always 88, so that’s it for me I guess. BTW, it seems that the 3.15 lap was a lucky lap, never after had reached that time. My next fastest is 3.17 in hours of racing:o.
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.24, 08:48 PM
Thx:). Perhaps you can do 88 laps since you run on the RCP rough side. Try a faster motor! Modified conceivably.

Man you must be going all plastic! Donít go to light man, it could impair in place of benefit. My 4wd is 210g , yes a tank:eek:.
To be able to go faster laps, I 1st raced standing up, enhanced the track view.. 2nd went for the new ATM T2. 3rd Adjusted my Tx throttle & brake values. 4th went little slower on turn 2 in line to position better to enter into turn 3 the 1st U turn.

As I mentioned earlier, the ATM PAN V-III is getting better, or I am getting better with it, itís a very quick shell. Hope someday ATM or PN comes out with a 4wd pan but 98mm:):):D.
I can assure I canít do better than 88, I have been running the afternoon for hours, and always 88, so thatís it for me I guess. BTW, it seems that the 3.15 lap was a lucky lap, never after had reached that time. My next fastest is 3.17 in hours of racing:o.
Cheers

WOW!!! you did 88 laps on the smooth side? That's impressive. Yeah That is it for me with weight reduction I think anything around 190 - 195 is a good weight for the SAS/SAS Pro, especially for mod. Don't worry my cars won't become anorexic :D. I always stand up when I try a timed run. Was your run flawless or did you have some mistakes? I may try increasing my gear ratio or try the stock R on my next run. I have a PN Xeric but I don't know if I am ready to put beast in yet.

Cherub1m
2009.03.24, 10:06 PM
I just tried a timed run, I am just not very consistent today, I could not even hit 87 laps today:(. However, I got some crazy fast laps the fastest was a 3.11 sec lap :D but consistency went south. I'll try again tomorrow and try to settle down and go a little slower to improve consistency.

eztuner12
2009.03.25, 12:15 AM
WOW!!! you did 88 laps on the smooth side? That's impressive. Yeah That is it for me with weight reduction I think anything around 190 - 195 is a good weight for the SAS/SAS Pro, especially for mod. Don't worry my cars won't become anorexic :D. I always stand up when I try a timed run. Was your run flawless or did you have some mistakes? I may try increasing my gear ratio or try the stock R on my next run. I have a PN Xeric but I don't know if I am ready to put beast in yet.
Try W-40 on the tires, it definitely will improve lap time from start. I forgot to mention it on my last post.
By using W-40 you won’t have to wait for the tires to warm-up in line to pull fast laps and constancy from the start of the run.
Mistakes? No mistakes man. If I go with mistakes I probably do many 3.00 or high 2. sec laps. In my book the idea is no errors or quit. Constancy is my target, no space for crashing; perhaps occasionally little out of my race line, that’s it.
Cheers

Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.25, 09:36 AM
Well, I am late for work today :cool: but I was able to do some time runs, and Richard you can go faster. I thought there is no way to go any faster until you hit 88 laps then I was like i struggled to hit 87 laps, so I was saying to my self "how in the H_ _ _ did he do this...88 B_ _ _ _y laps:D " Well, this morning taking a few hours from work ;) here are the results:

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock R.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.
Gearing; 19 pinion and 30 spur. Final gear ratio = 5.526

First run:
Race time; 5.0263 min
Total Laps; 87
Fastest lap; 3.10 sec
Average lap time; 3.47sec

Second run:
Race time; 5.0070
Total Laps 90:D
Fastest Lap; 3.10 sec
Average lap time; 3.338 sec

I am going to start to record these runs I don't think people are going to believe me anymore :D

Only changes to the car was I put a ATM Stock R, and used Wide rims and tires all around (Wide K30's in front with 0 offset wide rims, and K20's in rear with +1 offset wide rims). I needed more grip. Maybe if I went with +2.5 narrow rims in the front that might have helped with steering. In short I needed more steering so I went with the the more rubber all around :D.

I still made some mistakes but these runs I really concentrated on not messing up (still messed up a bit:D), consistency (still could improve:cool:), but mostly I concentrated on rolling the throttle (getting back on the gas quickly) a split second before I hit the apex.

Cherub1m
2009.03.25, 03:33 PM
Forgot to mention, a good night of sleep also helped me achieve those times:D.

Cherub1m
2009.03.25, 06:56 PM
I just ran some hot laps. Basically 10 laps has fast has I can and I was able to get,

3;18 sec, 3;06 sec, 3;10 sec, 3;12 sec, 3;07 and 3;16 laps times nothing under 3 sec yet.

eztuner12
2009.03.25, 09:52 PM
Well, have to admit you are the man!!!:eek:
90 laps in 5min is 18 laps per min I can only go for 17.5 per min.
Today I have practiced for a good while and still 88 laps, no more no less. I did try to go faster but constantly missed my race line, in occasions so bad that hit the side wall:mad::mad::mad:, so I guess that’s it for me, 88 laps no more.:rolleyes:
I really admire your driving skills, as well as your set-up knowledge. Is not that I am bad; it is that you are very good.
Congratulations as I said, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!:)
BTW, when are we having our next official races for this month?
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.25, 11:35 PM
Well, have to admit you are the man!!!:eek:
90 laps in 5min is 18 laps per sec I can only go for 17.5 per sec.
Today I have practiced for a good while and still 88 laps, no more no less. I did try to go faster but constantly missed my race line, in occasions so bad that hit the side wall:mad::mad::mad:, so I guess that’s it for me, 88 laps no more.:rolleyes:
I really admire your driving skills, as well as your set-up knowledge. Is not that I am bad; it is that you are very good.
Congratulations as I said, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!:)
BTW, when are we having our next official races for this month?
Cheers

I know you can do it ;). Try wide rims 0 offset or +1 offset on the front with K30's wide along with your current rear set up. The narrows all around I was using worked great on a bigger track were I need to carry more speed around longer turns. For a tight track like our set up I just could not get the narrow set up to turn enough at time it felt like i was drifting a bit and not has planted. Another thing I noticed, was the ATM Stock R is more powerfull then the ATM Stock but it has less drag so the car was able to roll around the corners a little better.

Also, if you have a chance, use the rough side of track, make sure you vacuum the RCP dust of first then your good to go.

I was wondering if we could do it this week, since the month is almost over. I was thinking this Friday? Since Eugene plans on coming by this Friday to run some time trials. I don't know when Kevin will return, something tells me he will be ready for us by next month.

eztuner12
2009.03.26, 01:13 AM
IíII try nothing will be lost. I think I am geting close to 89 laps
So Eugene is going over to New Jersey? :)
Great letís see how many laps can he do:D.
About the race on Friday, sound excellent to me. It certainly is a great honor to have EMU participating on the M-96WSC, at least for a few races:):):D. Forward my best regards to him.
BTW, on which shell do you fit 0.0 offset wide wheels?
ThxxxÖ
Cheers;)

EMU
2009.03.26, 03:23 AM
Thanks Richard. I am planning to run on Philip's track. I dont think I will be able to pull the same times/laps as you guys have been... but I am going to try a few cars and see what I can do. It has been a long time since I have raced a small track. I do miss it...

I have allways loved time trials as well... just watch out for that hotlap ;) Im more of a hotlapper than consistant... but I have been working on that a lot lately. And depending on mood and the situation, I drive many different ways.

I may go check out the new track in Queens on Friday evening after running at Philip's.

There is a lot to be learned this weekend. The tight track will probably run best with my 015 70t... On a large track it drives great, and I am sure that it will drive well on the tight track with a front tire change. AW40's are probably the ticket.

I dont want to make changes to my AWD right now for the single event, but I will post a time for it if it runs well. It is still too new, that I have a few things that I need to work on for the larger tracks.

I hope to be in the 85L range... Without having as much practice, I think that is a good minimum to set for myself.

Cherub1m
2009.03.26, 12:58 PM
Hi Guys

More timed trials :D. And better numbers :D.

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock R.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

The run:
Race time; 5.0214 min
Total Laps; 91 :D
Fastest lap; 3.06 sec :D
Average lap time; 3.31sec

I could not believe it, because I made 5 mistakes, some required reversing. Anyway I did video record the time trial and did a close up of the timer to show the times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o3R2Dhi6DA&fmt=18

eztuner12
2009.03.26, 09:29 PM
You were right Philip it could be made.
I made 91 laps:eek: today several times after changing my gear ratio from 5,342 to 5,639 and cycling my batteries as EMO suggested, I also could improve going thru turn 3 (1st U turn) I even made very low laps and an amazing fast lap.
Here is my best result:
McF1 LM/98WB
Run time; 5.009
# Laps; 91
ALT; 3.30
FL; 3.10
No bull, but I really think we can go to 92 laps any time. Oh yeah
I am a very happy man today!!!!:):):):D
Letís see what you can do,:D:p hehehehe
Cheers

EMU
2009.03.26, 09:32 PM
You guys need to slow down.... Im getting scared :eek:

eztuner12
2009.03.26, 09:33 PM
WOW!:eek: I just read you to made 91 darn:rolleyes:.
Well I guess we should go for 92 now:):):D
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2009.03.26, 09:44 PM
Btw. Philip great video. Man I really would like to video my runs, but buying a video cam for this only it does not worth it. :rolleyes:

Hey Eugene, thanks for the charging - discharging numbers you provided me with, man my batteries seem to be like new :eek: after a few cycles with my Maha and a final peak with the Lacrosse.:):):D
Cheers:cool:

Cherub1m
2009.03.26, 10:43 PM
You guys need to slow down.... Im getting scared :eek:

:D I know your going to post some fast times. Your going to have to tell me how to take care of my batteries, I have some in need of a resurrection.

WOW!:eek: I just read you to made 91 darn:rolleyes:.
Well I guess we should go for 92 now:):):D
Cheers;)

I knew you could do it :D. Great job!!!

With all the mistakes I made on my last run, and I still got 91 laps, 92 is definitely possible. Beside the gear ration change and battery cycling, did you try the wide 0 offset rims with wide K30's on the front?

eztuner12
2009.03.26, 11:02 PM
:D I know your going to post some fast times. Your going to have to tell me how to take care of my batteries, I have some in need of a resurrection.

I knew you could do it :D. Great job!!!

With all the mistakes I made on my last run, and I still got 91 laps, 92 is definitely possible. Beside the gear ration change and battery cycling, did you try the wide 0 offset rims with wide K30's on the front?

Hi man.
1st thax for the complements!:)
No. Still same set-up and same smooth track side:rolleyes:.
But since I found out that the rear tires were rubbing on the ATM 4wd Pan Shell fenders sides, I swap to my old McF1 LM. I will have to buy a rear set of rims with 2.5 offset to be able to run back with the Pan shell.
I guess I will be hitting 92:D any time pal, I am working on turn 3, still having some problems there. I am trying to move the apex forward in the turn plus getting closer to the inside as you are doing. Thanks for the videos:cool:, it is helping me to improve my driving into a more efficient laps:):):D.
Cheers;)

PridgeoK
2009.03.27, 12:52 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry I've been neglecting the forums for a while and I neglected to post the results on the post day of the 20th! :o

Back to the grind now though. I've read your laps in your earlier posts - you guys are insanely fast! OUCH! We were running in teh 50-70 laps per 5 mins area, so you can tell we were running a LOT slower... Here's some lap times:

Clockwise
Race 1
Position 1 - Kevin, Laps 63, time 5m01.578
Position 2 - Huey, Laps 63, time 5m02.391
Position 3 - Duey, Laps 57, time 5m12.422
Position 4 - Louie, Laps 52, time 5m04.078

Race 2
P1 - Huey, Laps 65, time 5m07.203
P2 - Kevin, Laps 63, time 5m01.578
P3 - Louie, Laps 57, time 5m01.203
P4 - Duey, Laps 57, time 5m12.422

Race 3
P1 - Duey, Laps 71, time 5m00.734
P2 - Huey, Laps 69, time 5m00.297
P3 - Kevin, Laps 65, time 5m01.297
P4 - Louie, Laps 57, time 5m01.203

Counterclockwise:
Race 1
P1 - Huey, Laps 67, time 5m01.375
P2 - Duey, Laps 65, time 5m01.938
P3 - Kevin, Laps 63, time 5m00.688
P4 - Louie, Laps 38, time 5m00.938

Race 2
P1 - Duey, Laps 71, time 5m00.734
P2 - Huey, Laps 69, time 5m00.297
P3 - Kevin, Laps 65, time 5m01.297
P4 - Louie, Laps 35, time 5m08.422

Race 3
P1 - Duey, Laps 70, time 5m00.422
P2 - Huey, Laps 67, time 5m00.859
P3 - Kevin, Laps 60, time 5m00.672
P4 - Louie, Laps 57, time 5m01.859

I was having some oddities happening with my lap counter, as I mentoined, so there were some best laps being in the 2-second mark, which we counted as being mis-reads. From the races that produced good results, we suspect that the best lap was actually in the 3.5 to 3.6 second range, even though we have a 3.015 and a 3.140 listed... hard to say after seeing your guys amazing results! We actually ran like 10 races...

Our cars were all pretty much in the HFAY kind of set up though... no hopped up FETs and running a stock or the recent HFAY motor. We also ran on the slick side of the track - I'm still not convinced that it's any faster or slower than the textured side. Hard to say... We did have good traction though, and it felt like we pulled some good laps! Now I can see we have a lot of work ahead of us! ;)

But hey! I actually won one race! :D

Kev.

EMU
2009.03.27, 01:13 AM

Philip, I will bring some battery equipment... so we can revive some cells. Even if you have dead cells, dont throw them away. We may be able to save them. It does take a long time... but may be worth it.

I am not going to be using my race prepped cells... but will be using some older practice cells that I conditioned a few days ago to prepare for this event. If I need to, I have some of my race practice cells, which should be a little faster... if I dont have enough power with the cells I plan to run. I dont want to use up my cells for Saturdays race... I usually run a set of cells no more than twice a week.

I noticed that you tried to PM me, but my box was full, so I didnt get it.

Kevin,
Are you running with all 4 drivers on the track at the same time? Or all doing individual trials?

eztuner12
2009.03.27, 01:44 AM
Hi Kev,
Great to have you back man, super welcome to you and the fellow drivers at your track:).
Emu made a key question, regarding racing alone and accompanied enormous difference there:cool:.
I am running an AM 27 with stacked FETís 2x3 4562s, ATM 35T motor with neo-mags, silver & carbon brushes, cut out the motor shaft to its minimal, cut material from the endball cap in order to reduce weight and increase air flow, as well as increased size cooling holes on the top & bottom of the can.
Plus practice man, practiceÖ.
Remember that the main idea of this event is have fun while we improve our driving skills, something as good old practice but recording numbers. Certainly thru this method you will improve your racing for other events as local club race and HFAY too. Thatís what we all are to gain here, as I said , we all are winners in this event!!!
Again very welcome!!!...
Cheers
PS. Well, well, I smell some tribulations if you two, Eugene & Philip combine efforts.:eek:

EMU
2009.03.27, 01:54 AM
We are not combining efforts... I am going to give him all the wrong advice, so I can win ;)

In all seriousness... this is the BEST way to practice. Recording results. Then you can see what the changes made to the lap times and amount of laps. Especially when comparing it to what others are doing on the same layout. You can see where you stand generally. Remember, that each track has unique grip characteristics, and different conditions, so results will vary. The person with the most laps and fastest times may be slower than someone else with a slower time with less grip on the track.

I am charging up some batteries now, while watching F1 practice. . .

eztuner12
2009.03.27, 02:36 AM
We are not combining efforts... I am going to give him all the wrong advice, so I can win ;)

In all seriousness... this is the BEST way to practice. Recording results. Then you can see what the changes made to the lap times and amount of laps. Especially when comparing it to what others are doing on the same layout. You can see where you stand generally. Remember, that each track has unique grip characteristics, and different conditions, so results will vary. The person with the most laps and fastest times may be slower than someone else with a slower time with less grip on the track.

I am charging up some batteries now, while watching F1 practice. . .

Cool about effort joining hehehehe; And well put, for the rest of you comment.
Man F1 practice:eek::eek:, I was missing it until you mentioned, Speed channel right! I just hope didnít fail to see that much:(.
Cheers ;)

eztuner12
2009.03.27, 06:02 PM
Hi Guys.
I decided to go early on my 2nd Official races for this month today, since I don’t want to miss the F1 practices tonight
Today I swap my ATM T2 for a new PN 37T, an outstanding motor I’ll recommend any time, you gentlemen should give it a try, only change I did to my car, so here are the results to my two runs:

McF1 LM/98WB
1st Run
Race time; 5.010
#Laps; 92:eek:
ALT; 3.267
FL; 3.16

2nd Run
Race time; 5,013
ALT; 3.27
FL; 3.124

Nothing more to say!:p

I only want to give my thanks again to EMU and Felix for their advice on batter discharge & charge, I can’t believe the power and running time I am achieving from my Orion 900s HV.:):):D
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.03.27, 10:14 PM
Hey guys

Was able to do some runs EMU, he ran and did lots of testing and tunning with his 2wd and AWD I think next time he runs we will be i trouble he may or may not post his times for this run. But my runs got better.

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock R.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

First run:
Race time; 5.0006 min
Total Laps; 90
Fastest lap; 3.05 sec:D
Average lap time; 3.33sec

Second run:
Race time; 5.0192
Total Laps 92:D
Fastest Lap; 3.09 sec
Average lap time; 3.27 sec

Only change to my AWD was EMU did some changes to my PCB he removed Virtual inertia and gave my car some more torque. Those changes really made me feel more connected to the car. Great thanks to EMU for those tips :D

Glad to see you back Kevin. Great runs

Congrats Richard on your 92 laps:D. I really think 93 is possible with more consistancy :D

EMU
2009.03.27, 10:57 PM
My best run was 83L with a 3.16s hot lap with the AWD
94mm F40, standard rear end
40AW front, 20 narrow Kyosho slick rear
ATM ball diff front, Kyosho w/Reflex outdrives
ATM Ti swingshaft
ATM Stock BB motor 19/31 ratio
1.5d Kyosho plastic knuckles
PN white MR02 low down spring in front/ PN purple MR02 spring in rear

My 2wd MR015 McLaren I did 80L with a fast lap of 3.17s.
A little less consistant, as I did not change my gear ratio to suit the small track. I used a Speedy 07BB II with a 12/52 ratio. Set up for very large tracks, but works very well on the small track, although it needs a few adjustments.

I took this more as a practice session, doing less 5 minute runs, and more 10 lap runs to see what the laptimes were and making adjustments.

The way that Philip drives it, he could do it with his eyes closed if he needed to.

I am going to dedicate a 2wd setup for this track... I think a 70t is perfect for this size track. As Philip found out... my 70t cars are ballistic. 2 of my spare motors draw .8A on his Pulsar. And he LOVED my batteries ;) Even though they were not my racing cells, they are almost too fast for that size track with a 70t. I mentioned to Philip, that I should install a slower motor :eek:

eztuner12
2009.03.28, 12:55 AM
Good to hear you made it Eugene:),
Philip you ask for it you got it:cool:. This PN 37T motor is just beautiful, I am running very smooth and sharp with much confidence than the ATM 35T
BTW. WELOME TO 92 LAPS. Now 93,94...
Latest best results with same previous set -up:
Run time: 5.0218
#L; 93;)
ALT; 3.239
FL; 3.20

Run Time; 5.0125
#L; 93;)
ALT; 3.233
FL; 3.13
Certainly we can accomplish more laps I say, as we get closer to our fastest laps with constancy:D. I guess there is no limit here:eek:, what do you think???
This is getting like an addiction; my wife is starting to worry.:rolleyes:
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2009.03.28, 01:02 AM
Well Iíll call it the day for me, F1 practice is about to start
Have a goooood night my friends:)
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2009.03.28, 01:20 AM
Hey guys I had to edit my 4 previous #, I realized my neighbor Joe was dictating wrong the register results:mad::o
Sorry
Cheers

EMU
2009.03.28, 02:43 AM
Bad Joe, bad!!! Trying to fudge the numbers to give Richard the edge :p

Seriously though, my consistancy was very off on the small track. I found my hand not finding the positioning properly on the steering wheel due to fatigue (my muscles has a lot to put into memory). There is much more lock to lock steering on the smaller tracks, where the steering on a larger track is much less... I dont usually use the full range on the steering on a large track, and with the small track I had to increase the range fully to the point that the servo is at the limit.

Driving style has to be more intense than on the larger tracks. You dont have room to make the small adjustments or corrections in line that you can on the large track. The other thing, is that if you are off your exit of turn 1, it really effects turn 2, 3, 4 and 5... Basically, I look at this layout as a 2 section layout... since everything is so close.

I found myself doing 3x, even 4x 5 minute stints on a single set of batteries in my AWD. I was mainly working on rhythem. Trying to turn laps. My fastest run and lap time was on the third stint... using Duratrax 750's. I have had these cells for a long time, and they were the backup batteries practice... They used to sell for $3 a pack at Tower Hobbies, and they work good for short runs and stock class racing. I havent used them for a few months, and cycled them about 1x a month just to keep them fresh. They worked well with the ATM stock motor. Not too much power compared to my other cells, just enough to allow me to drive a little more consistant. If I used my fastest cells, I would seriously be in trouble. Once I get the track layout engraved in my brain... and turn a lot more laps, then the faster cells may come in handy.

Watching F1 qualify too ;) Brawn GP on top in Q1. Seems like everyone is much closer in lap times than they were in previous years.

Cherub1m
2009.03.28, 09:42 AM
Hi Guys.
I decided to go early on my 2nd Official races for this month today, since I donít want to miss the F1 practices tonight
Today I swap my ATM T2 for a new PN 37T, an outstanding motor Iíll recommend any time, you gentlemen should give it a try, only change I did to my car, so here are the results to my two runs:

McF1 LM/98WB
1st Run
Race time; 5.010
ALT; 3.267
FL; 3.16

2nd Run
Race time; 5,013
ALT; 3.27
FL; 3.124

Nothing more to say!:p

I only want to give my thanks again to EMU and Felix for their advice on batter discharge & charge, I canít believe the power and running time I am achieving from my Orion 900s HV.:):):D
Cheers;)

Hey Richard

Congrats!!! man you officially won the 2nd round with your first and second run. I could not get 92 laps consistently and my best was at 5.0192 (you got a 5.010). While EMU was there I was able to do a fast lap of 3.03:D but my consistency was bad I only got 87 laps on that run:D.

Your 93 laps!!! Very nice very consistent as well, I am waiting to see your fast lap match your average lap time. I agree I think 94 is possible. Theoretically if we could get an ALT or 3.10 that would translate in to 96.7 laps. On your 2nd 93 laps run your ALT was 3.233 that's not far from 3.10. Keep up with the great driving man.

Now we need watch out for EMU, Kevin, Huey, Louie and duey:D

Great run guys!!!

Cherub1m
2009.03.28, 12:36 PM
Just did one run this morning after 10 lap warm up here are the results:

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock R.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

First run:
Race time; 5.0288 min
Total Laps; 93 :D
Fastest lap; 3.04 sec :D
Average lap time; 3.24sec

Still came off my line several times but not has many wall bumps. I little more practice and maybe 94. I think 95 and 96 are going to be very hard :D

eztuner12
2009.03.28, 01:56 PM
Good morning Gentlemen.
1st thx for the congrats Philip:), I have work hard for it. BTW WELCOM TO THE 93 LAPS CLUB:eek:.
Eugene your statement about the track layout and reduced width is very correct; we have to be constantly on the edge of our reflexes in line to make it thru with no hazard at so high speed.
The keys to make it are many including;
• Very responsive car to command on throttle, steering & brake, very important to brake with power at the right spot
• Calm and fast hand movements, reflex.
• Select the most efficient race line. I started with a 32 feet line, now I am on a 27 feet race line and looking on to a 26 feet line.
• Fast motor but smooth as well, as I mentioned. I find out that the PN 37T with a 5,639 gear ratio is an excellent combo.
• Try to avoid any kind of error in order to achieve “CONSTANCY” Only way to accomplish it, is thru “PRACTICE”, as we all can appreciate our first runs, compared with our latest result.
I personally at the beginning I thought that accomplishing 85 laps was a dream, now we are going for 94 laps. While I Am writing this sentence I am having a big laugh for the amaze I am about these achievements. What do you think Philip????????? I guess the idea of coming up with this M-96WCS IT IS PAYING OFF.
Philip, yesterday I visited an RS, seeking for some wires to wind my 1ST armature, which I didn’t get, they will have it in stock in two weeks. So I peaked up a set of RS 700 mAh AAA batteries and just for the knowledge I weight them, and they weight 47g, same as my Orion 900s. Since you have a better Pro scale, can you revise this please? I don’t intend to go into a diet, but weight balance right& left sides of my chassis, I really hate this disproportionate unbalanced left & right. As long I accomplish an excellent tweak with springs pre-load is ok, but it would be better to have a more proportionate side to side weight distribution.
About my friend JT, It was not intentionally for sure, the thing is, that this guy as soon Friday arrives, He starts drinking beer, none stop until Sunday night.
Yep, let’s see what happens today in F1!!!!;)
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.28, 09:15 PM
Hi Richard

I definitely share the same joy you are expressing about the Mini 96 WCS. It's a great way to learn about set up, driving and every other little technical thing involved in RC Racing.

97grams for the RS 700's is not right no 4 AAA Cell I know of right now weighs that much. Something is wrong with your scale. Mid 40's to high 40's should be the weight of most 4 AAA Cells. One of my RS 700 weighed 47 grams, and one of my Orion 900 weighed 47.6 grams.

Wow!!! JT drinks from Friday to Sunday night none stop...:eek: can we say give your liver a break man:D

eztuner12
2009.03.28, 09:50 PM
Hi Richard

I definitely share the same joy you are expressing about the Mini 96 WCS. It's a great way to learn about set up, driving and every other little technical thing involved in RC Racing.

97grams for the RS 700's is not right no 4 AAA Cell I know of right now weighs that much. Something is wrong with your scale. Mid 40's to high 40's should be the weight of most 4 AAA Cells. One of my RS 700 weighed 47 grams, and one of my Orion 900 weighed 47.6 grams.

Wow!!! JT drinks from Friday to Sunday night none stop...:eek: can we say give your liver a break man:D

You are right 47g it is, I guess JT beers are affecting me to, at the time I wrote those #s
Liver????, man I think he left is liver at Cambodia or Vietnam.:eek:
Hey donít miss the F1 qualifying tonight, it will be very interesting.
Cheers;)

EMU
2009.03.29, 04:47 AM
I missed the race :( got home from racing and turned on the TV... with yellow laps to go. Brawn did very well.

I switched my AWD to 98mm (Aston Martin body), gained a little more stability as well as more turn in and mid corner steering. I felt that the car pushed a little more on corner exit though. I still have a lot of work to do on the car... It keeps improving, little by little.

I was only joking about JT, but seriously... drinking Friday to Sunday isnt good.

Im still hoping to get my 85, but I do see how doing a lot of practice on the same layout, you find all the small adjustments in line and setup that allow you to go 10 more laps. I am sure that there will be 95 soon.

eztuner12
2009.03.29, 11:50 AM
yep I t was a good F1 event. Sory for the favotites teams, they didn't glow:p
Abut Joe, I know it was a joke, no harm was done. As a fact he is a verry happy person and it is always joking @. Very nice man!:)
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.03.29, 08:13 PM
Hi Guys

Just did some time trials with my 2WD. I've been neglecting the 2WD so had to give it a little love:D.

RESULTS:
Chassis; MR02 (2WD)
Car body; Mclaren F1 LM/98mm WB.
Motor; PN 70T.
Batteries; Duracell 1000:rolleyes:.
Gearing; 9 pinion and 44 spur. Final gear ratio = 4.88
Stock gear diff.:D

First run:
Race time; 5.0296 min
Total Laps; 89
Fastest lap; 3.09 sec
Average lap time; 3.39sec

Second run:
Race time; 5.0003 min
Total Laps; 89
Fastest lap; 3.03 sec:D
Average lap time; 3.37sec

Third run:
Race time; 5.0182 min
Total Laps; 90:D
Fastest lap; 3.08 sec
Average lap time; 3.34sec

The car felt great, and I had some very fast laps, I just could not keep it consistent enough for a better run.

eztuner12
2009.03.29, 09:42 PM
Hi Philip
Man those are freaking bullet fast, fast laps 3.03, 3.08 & 3.09 sec are magnificent fast lap any time, any were.
As an old multiple gas world champion friend says, if you can achieve a fast lap once, you can do it again and again, just focus on consistency. You canít win a race with a lucky lap, but it proves it can be done. Perhaps a wise message.
I was busy today with family quality time reunion:), oh yeah I am stuff as a thanksgiving turkey. They arrived by the end of last week from the DR, to spend the holly week here, yep we started very early. So we got together in my Momís apartment for eats and drinks:D.
So I will be busy during this & next week. That does not mean I will not be able to be in the forum or do little runs now and then.

Is your MR-02 a 2.4G?
Thanks;)
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.03.30, 12:04 AM
Hey Philip,
Did you get to see the new PN MR-02 front double A arms suspension system? Man I only hope PN comes up with a similar front end double arm System or SAS as that one for the MA-010 4WD, definitely a grand advance and total match for our SAS rear-end, this will definitely improve the MA-010 overall handling performance:eek:, excellent job by PN Racing.:)
Cheers

EMU
2009.03.30, 02:02 AM
Excellent times for the 2wd Philip. I am sure with more practice, and possibly a vacume of the track, you should be up to the same lap range as the AWD. I still think that I am better with the 2wd, but I am adapting to the AWD driving style a little more each time I run it. After about a year and a half (if not more) of only driving 2wd, it is hard to re-learn. Especially since I only built my AWD less than 2 weeks ago, so my setup is still in development :p

Cherub1m
2009.03.30, 02:08 AM
Yeah I hope PN makes an AWD version of that new front end or maybe ATM has something cooking I hope.

Eugene the way you were driving your AWD, it wont take you long before you find your comfort zone.

I know its late but before sleep I did a Mini Cooper (mr015 run)

RESULTS:
Chassis; MR015 (2WD)
Car body; Mini Cooper/90mm WB High Mount:D.
Motor; PN 70T.
Batteries; Orion 900.
Gearing; 9 pinion and 41 spur. Final gear ratio = 4.55
Stock gear diff.

The Mini Cooper run :D:
Race time; 5.0099 min
Total Laps; 85
Fastest lap; 3.19 sec :D
Average lap time; 3.53sec

EMU
2009.03.30, 02:32 AM
Nice Philip...

Stock gear diff is 44t btw ;)

That car handles well, it just needs a disc damper... the tape damper does work pretty well though :p

eztuner12
2009.03.30, 02:37 AM
Eugene, Philip is right, just think that 9 to 10 days back we were incredible happy and amazed about the possibility of making @ 87 to 88 laps:eek:. Today 92, 93 is normal.
Cheers;)

EMU
2009.03.30, 04:52 AM
Yep... setup and track time is what is needed... if the current layout is out for a couple months, I would think that the 100's may be possible...

Cherub1m
2009.03.30, 09:50 AM
Hi Philip

Is your MR-02 a 2.4G?
Thanks;)
Cheers

Hey Richard the majority of my Miniz's are 2.4ghz except for 3.:D

Nice Philip...

Stock gear diff is 44t btw ;)

That car handles well, it just needs a disc damper... the tape damper does work pretty well though :p

Hey Eugene can't wait for the Mid mount motor mount + damper for the 90mm WB cars.

I am actually running a atomic 41 tooth spur gear on my 3racing ball diff, the stock 44 tooth could not accommodate my banana skin tires :D.

Yep... setup and track time is what is needed... if the current layout is out for a couple months, I would think that the 100's may be possible...

WOW!!! you really think laps in the 100's is possible with this track layout?...:eek::eek::eek: That's fast we would have to average 3 sec laps :D

EMU
2009.03.30, 01:21 PM
Soon you will be below 3 seconds for the fast lap consistantly... and eventually, below with the average lap. Its just a matter of time that you find all of the small setup tweaks to get the most speed in the corners...

Cherub1m
2009.03.30, 06:08 PM
Soon you will be below 3 seconds for the fast lap consistantly... and eventually, below with the average lap. Its just a matter of time that you find all of the small setup tweaks to get the most speed in the corners...

The GURU of Miniz's AKA EMU has spoken great truth :D. Check out this run guys :D

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock R.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

Today's Run:
Race time; 5.0067 min
Total Laps; 94 :D
Fastest lap; 2.98 sec :D:D:D
Average lap time; 3.195sec :D

eztuner12
2009.03.30, 06:30 PM
Hi Philip
Outstanding, just dazzling:):). I was expecting it any time since I saw those very fast laps with your 2wd. I knew you could make it better with the 4wd, thatís why a quoted my friends motto about fast laps and focusing on consistency.
Well, I have a new task to accomplish right???;):D
Congrats man for breaking the 93 laps barrier, and superb average lap time, oh yeah!!!!
Cheers;)

EMU
2009.03.30, 07:14 PM
Wow :eek: Philip, very good run.

Try a 19/31 ratio... might get you just a little more acceleration and drag brake to drop your time. I didnt feel like I was topping out when I was running that ratio... so it may even be too high as well. I was using the ATM Stock, not the Stock-R though.

PridgeoK
2009.03.30, 07:27 PM
Holy smoke! :eek:

You know, I'm vicariously living through you guys right now. You know, every now and then in life you get into a conversation with people that you know a little about and you have the some small piece of your lives in common, so you can get into some cool groove where things just flow naturally. The adreneline runs high. You get that natural high where things just feel good, you get into it, and it's all just good fun. You know what I mean? That's pretty well what you guys are doing - it's awesome!

You can tell I don't have the kind of time to really get the practice in on this, so I'm nowhere near where you guys are with the car setup or the amount of laps you can put in, so while I can't really contribute to this as much as I'd like, I'm totally feeling the vibe you guys are putting out!

So keep going! I'm still somewhat awestruck that you guys are running like 30+ laps more than our best tries! :eek:

You guys are right though - we were running all four at one shot, with each run being a real race, spread out around the track to start spaced out from each other. If we could spend more time running each on our own, like time trials, we might be able to push the cars a little closer to your lap counts in a 5 minute race.

But hey - I'm not worried about doing worse or better than anyone here - I'm in this for the fun of it, and the races were a blast. I'm starting out small in this, but after reading a lot of your messages (and you guys aren't the quietest bunch in these forums, you know! ;) ), I'm learning a lot, and will keep my eyes peeled for more tips and tricks you experts have to share!

Enjoying this tremendously - no stopping this! :cool:

Kevin.

eztuner12
2009.03.30, 08:03 PM
Hello Kevin
Groovy hearing from you, oh yeah!!!:)
Very enthusiastic and motivating words you expressed here. Thanks!!! As we know, we are all winners here, absolutely no looser what so ever. We are all learning & improving our driving skills, perhaps polishing it more and more, and most important having a blast all the way, as it was our intention with rule # 1, have fun!!!
So keep on tracking all the way!!!:):):)
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.03.30, 10:29 PM
Hi Philip
Outstanding, just dazzling:):). I was expecting it any time since I saw those very fast laps with your 2wd. I knew you could make it better with the 4wd, thatís why a quoted my friends motto about fast laps and focusing on consistency.
Well, I have a new task to accomplish right???;):D
Congrats man for breaking the 93 laps barrier, and superb average lap time, oh yeah!!!!
Cheers;)

Thanks Richard

Wow :eek: Philip, very good run.

Try a 19/31 ratio... might get you just a little more acceleration and drag brake to drop your time. I didnt feel like I was topping out when I was running that ratio... so it may even be too high as well. I was using the ATM Stock, not the Stock-R though.

Yeah, I am going to try a higher gear ration next time.

Holy smoke! :eek:

You know, I'm vicariously living through you guys right now. You know, every now and then in life you get into a conversation with people that you know a little about and you have the some small piece of your lives in common, so you can get into some cool groove where things just flow naturally. The adrenaline runs high. You get that natural high where things just feel good, you get into it, and it's all just good fun. You know what I mean? That's pretty well what you guys are doing - it's awesome!

Enjoying this tremendously - no stopping this! :cool:

Kevin.

Hey Kevin

Well, said man, well said ;)

Cherub1m
2009.03.31, 03:20 PM
I was trying to duplicate my fast lap (2.98 sec) but could not last night I came close, I was able to hit a 3.00 sec lap with the AWD (no changes from previous set up. Not yet), but, interestingly enough I was able to get a 3.01 sec lap with my 2WD (but consistency when south) fited with the ATM Stock and geared with 8 tooth pionion and 44 tooth spur.

eztuner12
2009.03.31, 03:30 PM
Hi Guys
I arrived home an hour ago aprox, and have gone back to my previous gearing ratio and I am certainly sure I have hit the 94 laps several times, perhaps 95, but this is going so fast and I am getting dizzy.(No dizzy face here to bad)
I will record my times by tomorrow since today we are having a dinner here at home and my wife needs me to be going to the market now and then, plus since the cook didnít made it today, I would have to help.
I guess excellent batteries as the Orion 900s and well treated as EMU & Felix advised me, is an important key on these little toys, oh yeah!!!:):):D
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.01, 12:34 PM
Hi Guys
I arrived home an hour ago aprox, and have gone back to my previous gearing ratio and I am certainly sure I have hit the 94 laps several times, perhaps 95, but this is going so fast and I am getting dizzy.(No dizzy face here to bad)
I will record my times by tomorrow since today we are having a dinner here at home and my wife needs me to be going to the market now and then, plus since the cook didn’t made it today, I would have to help.
I guess excellent batteries as the Orion 900s and well treated as EMU & Felix advised me, is an important key on these little toys, oh yeah!!!:):):D
Cheers

I hope you made 95 laps Richard.

I did a run this morning before work and before dropping the kids off to preK/daycare:D. I was a little slower but very close to my last run:
AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock R.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.

Today's Run:
Race time; 5.0228 min
Total Laps; 94
Fastest lap; 2.91 sec (got a little faster there):D
Average lap time; 3.206sec

I realy feel the AWD is a power hungry car. I didn't have time to set up my other AWD exactly has my fastest AWD. Only difference was 1 degree camber in rear, 1 degree of rear toe in, sliver springs, and the ATM Stock instead of the ATM Stock R, plus EMU's PCB changes... (ok I guess thats a lot of difference):D. And I could not reach 93 laps I was stuck at 92 laps the car was not rotating well. Next I will set it up just like my fastest AWD and go from there.

eztuner12
2009.04.01, 04:09 PM
Hi there
Didnít made 95 but did on all my runs 94 laps
Here is my best time up to now
McF1 LM
Front S-UP
Camber=2degree
Toe=0
Tire= K 30
Shock spring= PN Green
S-Bar= Chrome
Offset=2.5mm
Rear S-UP
Camber=2degree
Toe=1degree
Tire= K 20
SAS Pro V-II Spring= Blue
Offset=0
Best run time:
Race time; 5.016
#L; 94:eek:
ALT; 3.20
FL; 3.11
I am seeking for more front grip entering turn #3, the 1st U turn, I bet that if I accomplish to go better into this #3 turn as yesterday I was doing, I could certainly make the 95 laps record.
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.01, 11:58 PM
Congrats!!! Richard I knew you could do it. I agree turn #3 is key. I find turn #3 is very dependent on turn #1 and #2. If I take turn #3 well, then turns 4, 5 and 6 are much easier to manage.

EMU
2009.04.02, 12:07 AM
I feel the same way. When I entered turn 3 well, then I could take the rest up to the straight in a good rhythem. If I was off on turn 3... well, the rest were late and slow.

eztuner12
2009.04.02, 06:28 PM
Hello fellows,
Well just ended a few rounds of tryouts and in fact, as we all agreed, the key is in turn #3, which today I have dominated perfectly thru adjusting my front and rear diffs plus a large cafť Cubano. I am actually using a tighter diff set on the rear than on front in line to accomplish more steering at high speed, I also think that the wear out tyres help with quickness acceleration and maneuver sharpness.
YesssÖ I made the 95 laps:):) on 4 out of 6 runs, 94 laps on the other two. The race line inside the track should be as a sharp zig zag \/\/ than rounded, at fast speed thru turns 3, 4 & 5 then full throttle into turn 6 thru the straightway and slower in 1 and 2 in rank to make the 95 laps. All my 95 laps run were tremendously close regarding time.
My best 95 laps result:
Run time; 5.027
#Laps; 95:):)
ALT; 3.175
FL; 3.09
I personally am extremely happy with this 95 lapís achievement, even if tomorrow I go back to 94 or 93 laps.:):):)
Practically it is very hard to maintain a rhythm, as you say Eugene, with constancy in such a small & tight layout, but without doubt is possible and I love it!!! As the motto goes; Never say never, yes I am saying that 96 could well be done but, exceptionally fast reflexes are well needed.
I know you younger can accomplish it indeed. Without the Cafť Cubano.
About Cafť Cubano. It is the local Miami area most popular caffee, originally from the Cubans that settled at Miami in the 1959/60s. It is a very dark brown to black color heavy liquid pure coffee ink or extract with a rich lather of sugar on the top, served in a demitasse coffee cup (Small coffee cup). This Cafť Cubano will indeed make you neurological system wake up inducing your reflexes into a high speed. Oh yeah, and it is legal :D:cool:

Cherub1m
2009.04.02, 07:34 PM
Hello fellows,
Well just ended a few rounds of tryouts and in fact, as we all agreed, the key is in turn #3, which today I have dominated perfectly thru adjusting my front and rear diffs plus a large cafť Cubano. I am actually using a tighter diff set on the rear than on front in line to accomplish more steering at high speed, I also think that the wear out tyres help with quickness acceleration and maneuver sharpness.
YesssÖ I made the 95 laps:):) on 4 out of 6 runs, 94 laps on the other two. The race line inside the track should be as a sharp zig zag \/\/ than rounded, at fast speed thru turns 3, 4 & 5 then full throttle into turn 6 thru the straightway and slower in 1 and 2 in rank to make the 95 laps. All my 95 laps run were tremendously close regarding time.
My best 95 laps result:
Run time; 5.027
#Laps; 95:):)
ALT; 3.175
FL; 3.09
I personally am extremely happy with this 95 lapís achievement, even if tomorrow I go back to 94 or 93 laps.:) practically it is very hard to maintain a rhythm, as you say Eugene, with constancy in such a small & tight layout, but without doubt is possible and I love it!!! As the motto goes; Never say never, yes I am saying that 96 could well be done but, exceptionally fast reflexes are well needed.
I know you younger can accomplish it indeed. Without the Cafť Cubano.
About Cafť Cubano. It is the local Miami area most popular caffee, originally from the Cubans that settled at Miami in the 1959/60s. It is a very dark brown to black color heavy liquid pure coffee ink or extract with a rich lather of sugar on the top, served in a demitasse coffee cup (Small coffee cup). This Cafť Cubano will indeed make you neurological system wake up inducing your reflexes into a high speed. Oh yeah, and it is legal

WOW!!! impressive Richard very nice, and it wasn't just a one time run several 95 lap run very nice:D. I will try tomorrow since I was messing with my setting today, I ended up with a severe rear hop that I can seem to cure today. Tomorrow I have more time to play with the SAS Pro with hopes I can resolve the problem. I am really thinking about putting in a ATM Chilli to do my runs:D

eztuner12
2009.04.02, 10:13 PM
Yep, I indeed am amazed and happy about it:):D, but it is all in turns 1, 2 and very specially #3, it is a very tricky combo of turns. They are to close from each other and very narrow to take it with high speed, and if you go to slow, valuable time would be lost, if you can take it right, it would permit you to go with excellent flow speed thru turn 4, 5 & 6 going thru the straightway with excellent speed and very fast, as Eugene mentioned.

Rear hoping, check for; Bent wheels or beak, damage dog bone or axle tip where you screw the wheels nut, rear uprights damage bearings, diff assembly hubs damaged, tire deformed wear.
Hope these aids!!!;)
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.02, 10:20 PM
Yep, I indeed am amazed and happy about it:):D, but it is all in turns 1, 2 and very specially #3, it is a very tricky combo of turns. They are to close from each other and very narrow to take it with high speed, and if you go to slow, valuable time would be lost, if you can take it right, it would permit you to go with excellent flow speed thru turn 4, 5 & 6 going thru the straightway with excellent speed and very fast, as Eugene mentioned.

Rear hoping, check for; Bent wheels or beak, damage dog bone or axle tip where you screw the wheels nut, rear uprights damage bearings, diff assembly hubs damaged, tire deformed wear.
Hope these aids!!!;)
Cheers

I am getting the hop when taking corners, not the straights. I'll check those things you mentioned.

Again congrats on the 95 laps :D

eztuner12
2009.04.02, 10:27 PM
I am getting the hop when taking corners, not the straights. I'll check those things you mentioned.

Again congrats on the 95 laps :D

THANKS!!!:):):)
Ok! Check that the outer sides of the tires are well glued to the rims, and paint the side walls of the tires with super glue all @ four tires, see that the SAS dampers grease is ok.
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.04.02, 10:33 PM
THANKS!!!:):):)
Ok! Check that the outer sides of the tires are well glued to the rims, and paint the side walls of the tires with super glue all @ four tires, see that the SAS dampers grease is ok.
Cheers;)

I glued the rears, but not the fronts I guess I should glue the fronts also. I did play around with the shock grease was trying some different viscosity silicon diff grease and messed around with springs, camber, toe in droop :D (I asked for it tried to many things :D). And now my rear end is hoping like a rabbit :(

eztuner12
2009.04.02, 11:44 PM
At the standing point we are at this moment I believe that our cars setups are fine, it is more on which race line we select and our driving skills & patience, in line to avoid errors while we are trying to go thru the best race line, so go back to your latest setup man and apply the good skills you have proved you have again and again, try to dominate that complicated 1,2 & 3 turns as I know you can, you have made so low fast laps you only have to maintain a good race flow, as Eugene said with rhythm and I’ll add consistency. I just ended a round of 4 more runs and have made 3 runs with 95 laps, one 94laps, none better times than the posted one but man very close.
You are so close, again go back to your previous excellent set up, perhaps just re-grease the SAS dampers and that’s it. I am using the ATM SAS high viscosity grease. Maybe a quicker motor will help too, but for sure, your previous set-up was fine. Perhaps today is not a good day:(, maybe tomorrow will be:).
You can use white chalk to draw the most efficient race line on the surface of your RCP and follow it with your car.
Cheers;)

eztuner12
2009.04.03, 12:04 AM
Maybe tomorrow you can get some cafť Cubano up there at NJ:), go to Cafť Cafť Restaurant in Rutherford NJ or go to Victors Cafť at NYC or SON Cubano Restaurant, just to mention a couple. Donít go for "Italian espresso", it is a boy scout compared to Cafť Cubano.

Cherub1m
2009.04.03, 02:59 PM
Well, yesterday was a rough day at "Slip Angle Chaser's Groto":D I could not hit 94 laps I could not keep it consistent, but I was ripping some fast laps, 3.00sec, 2.98 sec, 2.90 sec and 2.91 sec but just to many mistakes. Today is better I did not hit 95 laps but I am back to hitting 94 laps consistently. I also, ran my AWD with stock kyosho rear and man I am now hitting the same laps times has with my SAS Pro:eek: so will see later if I can break the 95 mark. After some shock maintenance, back to sliver springs (my track is a bit bumpy so i need a softer suspension the blue springs were to hard for me) the hop reduced considerably, but the new kysoho 20 degrees may be contributing to this small but manageable hop. It funny my AWD with stock kysoho rear has let bounce:eek: but still flips easier (not often but doable).

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Motor; ATM Stock R.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.
Gearing; 19 pinion and 30 spur. Final gear ratio = 5.526 I know I changed every thing else but still haven't changed that yet:D

Today's Run:
Race time; 5.0276 min
Total Laps; 94
Fastest lap; 2.90 sec
Average lap time; 3.209sec

AWD RESULTS:
Chassis; MA010 (AWD)
Stock Kyosho Rear end.:D
Motor; ATM Stock.
Batteries; Orion 900 HV.
Gearing; 20 pinion and 30 spur. Final gear ratio = 5.250

Today's Run:
Race time; 5.0141 min
Total Laps; 94
Fastest lap; 2.95 sec
Average lap time; 3.200sec

MikeL
2009.04.03, 04:30 PM
What are you guys using as a lap counter?

eztuner12
2009.04.03, 05:20 PM
Hello Guys
Today after my regular Tai Chi and further pool laps, I went for a few rounds of runs. before, in my quest for more tighter steering response I clean-up and re-greased my SAS dampers plus swap from blue springs to red, yep more front-end traction was achieved, as well as, a more responsive steering. I did not make more than 95 laps in all my five runs but did reduced my average lap time and fastest lap on several occasions. Indeed, I was more comfortable and relaxed with my car since it was easy to drive on this particular track layout.
Here is mu best recorded time:
Run Time; 5.019
#Laps; 95 any time will hit 96:):):D
ALT; 3,169
Fastest lap 3.06

Philip perhaps today is you day to do it!:):)

Hi Mikel
First, welcome to this M-96WCS thread!;)
I am using a $0.99 Hobbico MicroSizer Digital Lap counter I got at Ebay and modified it with a separated laser beam and receiver extended cord. All together @ $35.00
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.04.03, 06:04 PM
Philip.
I am constantly following a 25.3 feet race lane.
Do you have any type of measuring roller device, that could indicate which will be the most efficient race route on your track, in rank to select your race line??
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.03, 11:48 PM
What are you guys using as a lap counter?

Hi Mike

Welcome to the M-96WCS thread.

I am using the same lap counter the Hobbico Micro Sizer Digital Lap counter. I did not modify mine I am able to use a reflecting tape I got from George (I was able to get some at an autozone) and use it on the two tile wide section of the Mini 96 (it wont work with 3 tile wide unless you modify it or use a lazer pointer has an alternate light source) it works great it allows you to run 1,10, 25...up to 500 lap race and timed race 3 min up to 10 min races and it give you you final time, and best lap time.

Do you have a Mini 96 with expansion?

Philip.
I am constantly following a 25.3 feet race lane.
Do you have any type of measuring roller device, that could indicate which will be the most efficient race route on your track, in rank to select your race line??
Cheers

I've just been blasting around the track and trying to find the tightest line. I never thought about drawing a line on the track to follow, its a good idea. I was thinking about marking my breaking/slow down points, especially around turn #1, because most of my mistakes come from turn 1 and 2. And if I don't take turn 1 well, turn 2 suffers and turn 3 goes south and the rest is history:D

I still haven't made 95 laps yet. I know I can if I would just get more consistent. I am consistently getting 93 and 94 laps, anything above 94 will depend on my consistency at this point. Maybe I need to slow down a bit and stop trying to make a fast lap below 2.90 sec:D

I have to say I am impressed with the stock kyosho rear end, I am also able to balance it with a Nickle for a RTR weight around 192 grams +/- 0.5grams.

eztuner12
2009.04.04, 01:01 AM
Hi Philip
You can mark different brakeing & slow down points with the chalk too, using white chalk and # them or colored chalk as well (color code), with time they will erase, with a damped mop you can remove the chalk marks if you wish.
Now that you have a good set-up car,try this on turn 1,2 & 3; from turn #6 go thru the straightway as an arch shape (not going further than the far left center tile) to turn #1, pass turn #1 for about 5 to 6 inches, then go straight from that point thru turn #2 in a straight line to turn #3. You have to pass as close as you can thru the center apex of turn#2, in rank to position well to enter turn#3. From turn #3 go in a straight line to turn#4 then a straight line to turn#5, make turn #5 as close to the center apex as you can and then a nice arch to turn #6, which you will be able to go thru at 85% to full throttle into the straightway. BE TENDER ON YOU TRIGER, do not hammer it from turn 5, 6, 1 & 2 and be sharp into turns 3 & 4. Hope this is clear and helps.:)
Please! forget about fastest lap, it will come thru by itself, when you follow thru an tight efficient race line at good speed. Focus on constancy & relax:):):)
Cheers;)

EMU
2009.04.04, 03:29 AM
Richard, when you start the run, where do you start relative to the counter? Do you go through right after the beep?

Is there a delay in the counter on the first lap?

Good point about chalking a line... never thought of that.

eztuner12
2009.04.04, 04:11 AM
Richard, when you start the run, where do you start relative to the counter? Do you go through right after the beep?

Is there a delay in the counter on the first lap?

Good point about chalking a line... never thought of that.

Hi Eugene
I have my Lap counter laser pointer/beam & signal receiver positioned about the same place Philip does. My starting grid is right after the laser beam that crosses the track at that point. Since I have my Lap counter controls & LCD screen on my working desk near me, I just go with my car very slow thru the laser light, as soon I see the laser light reflected on the black antenna tube of my car, I stop and ready for the start. It could be @ 0.5” to 1.0” (inch) after the laser light. I start after pressing the Start button and the last long beep stops.

Btw. Philip our Hobbico MicroSizer Digital Lap counter can go from 1-minute to 10-minutes race time and you forgot to mention, it provides the # of laps accomplished.

Eugene, I have some old Orion 900s that I would like to “Refresh” on my Maha, can I do this on 1A discharge & 1A charge?
Thx
Cheers
PS. YES… I am awake waiting for the F1 qualifying, oh yeah!!!

EMU
2009.04.04, 04:24 AM
I would charge at 500mA, discharge 1000mA. 1000mA charge should be fine, but I think you will have better results for conditioning with 500mA than 1000mA.

Awake for qualifying as well... Who is your money on? I didnt see practice. I am hoping to see Ferrari and McLaren run close to the pace that Brawn and Red Bull were last week. I would like to see Rosberg take pole though...

eztuner12
2009.04.04, 04:47 AM
I would charge at 500mA, discharge 1000mA. 1000mA charge should be fine, but I think you will have better results for conditioning with 500mA than 1000mA.

Awake for qualifying as well... Who is your money on? I didnt see practice. I am hoping to see Ferrari and McLaren run close to the pace that Brawn and Red Bull were last week. I would like to see Rosberg take pole though...

In Friday practice kimi 1st Massa 2nd Mc-Mercedes were 9th Kovalainen & 11th Hamilton, I guess they were disappointed do to the disqualification of Hamilton from Australia 3rd place finish for misleading a Steward at the race
Vettel 3rd
Nico Rosberg 4th
Webber 5th
Barrichello 6th
Button 7th
Nakajima 8th
Piquet 10th

For Saturday I'll go with Kimi & Massa, but would like to see BMW up there too.

MikeL
2009.04.04, 12:04 PM
Hi Mike

Welcome to the M-96WCS thread.

I am using the same lap counter the Hobbico Micro Sizer Digital Lap counter. I did not modify mine I am able to use a reflecting tape I got from George (I was able to get some at an autozone) and use it on the two tile wide section of the Mini 96 (it wont work with 3 tile wide unless you modify it or use a lazer pointer has an alternate light source) it works great it allows you to run 1,10, 25...up to 500 lap race and timed race 3 min up to 10 min races and it give you you final time, and best lap time.

Do you have a Mini 96 with expansion?

No, I have a wide oval from the radioshack deal, I really wish I had bought 2 then :)

I might pick one of those up it's compact and simple. I actually have all the parts, laser led's and photo resistors and a hacked LPT cable with some free software to do a simple lap counter, but it's a little clumsy and I need the laptop up and running to use it. Without a local onroad track currently I want to have sometiming to practice on, and nyrc is still 45 mins away from me.

Cherub1m
2009.04.05, 03:50 PM
No, I have a wide oval from the radioshack deal, I really wish I had bought 2 then :)

I might pick one of those up it's compact and simple. I actually have all the parts, laser led's and photo resistors and a hacked LPT cable with some free software to do a simple lap counter, but it's a little clumsy and I need the laptop up and running to use it. Without a local onroad track currently I want to have sometiming to practice on, and nyrc is still 45 mins away from me.

Hi Mike

That would be great if you pick up a Mini 96 with expansion pack. They are great for tight Indoor (or outdoor, like on a small deck). Don't undestimate the size, because with the Mini 96 and expansion pack you could easily have a 20 feet + straight away:D. And you could do some time trials with us:D. Maybe if we have enough people and everyone agrees we could even have time trials by class (ie. AWD, 2WD{02, 015, 90mm class}, and specific stock motor class). Heck...even Dnano's, it all depends on the participants.

Now that my racing is limited, that's what I've been doing.

I got my expansion pack from Minizracer/tinyRC.com. You can beat there price for RCP tracks I was able to get the expansion pack for $101.00 with free shipping if you order over $100.00. Other places quoted me $175.00 when they added shipping and that's without tax :rolleyes:. The Mini 96 kit is around $199.00 but again that is with no tax and no shipping at Minizracer/tinyRC. Other places will ask anywhere from $199 to $250 not including tax and not including shipping :rolleyes:

Well, hope you get :D

...and no Richard I haven't gotten 95 laps yet, I need to give my batteries a break they are not running well right now at all:( no punch and no top end :( I am trying to refresh them and give them a rest. If that don't work well, it's time to get new ones:D

EMU
2009.04.05, 04:24 PM
You should let your cells rest at least 3 days between uses. 2-3 cycles per day... Speed should come back up a little with rest. I only used my practice cells when I went to your track, they are considerably slower than my race cells. I dont count cycles with those cells. Only my race packs.

Cherub1m
2009.04.05, 05:47 PM
You should let your cells rest at least 3 days between uses. 2-3 cycles per day... Speed should come back up a little with rest. I only used my practice cells when I went to your track, they are considerably slower than my race cells. I dont count cycles with those cells. Only my race packs.

Thanks Eugene, I need to pick your brain about battery maintenance :D. I have a question.

My trinitron 2 charger has a nice cycling feature where I can change up to 7A and Discharge at 3A (only thing is it does battery packs not individual cells). I've heard people say cycle your batteries with around .5 to 1Amp and Discharge at 3Amp times 2 and let the battery rest that should help your batteries is that true?

Also, can you tell me some good battery maintenance tips:
1)like charging rate for different mah rated batteries.
2)good discharge rate.
3)best way to store batteries.
4)Best settings to peak or re-peak batteries before race.
5)and whatever else you think is important.

Because, when I think I know what I am doing I find I am doing it wrong :D

eztuner12
2009.04.05, 06:26 PM
Hi guys,
Good to know batteries needs vacation too:eek:, so my will go on holiday:).
Eugene, after 3 to 4 days rest, what should I do before going back to work, cycle them, refresh them or break Ėin them???
Good questions Philip, I need those answers too:D
ThxxxÖ
Cheers;)

bermbuster
2009.04.05, 06:28 PM
Hey Philip,
I will send you more reflective tape pm me your address.
The tape i have is industrial strength used for photo eyes sensing high speed components.
I am getting a mini 96 as well. I havent been racing myself. Im too busy with work.
I really enjoy reading about you guys going for and getting more laps....
wonder if you will reach 96 for tracks namesake...:D
I know you and Eugene are tinker-maniacs and always find ways to squeeze out more laps....
Im so excited how mini zs are getting more popular.....

eztuner12
2009.04.05, 06:38 PM
Hello Bermbuster
Glad you are enjoying it as we are having a blast.
Get your M-96 ASAP and join in the excitement & fun, you are 110% WELCOME!!!:):)
Cheers

bermbuster
2009.04.05, 06:40 PM
Thanks Eugene, I need to pick your brain about battery maintenance :D. I have a question.

My trinitron 2 charger has a nice cycling feature where I can change up to 7A and Discharge at 3A (only thing is it does battery packs not individual cells). I've heard people say cycle your batteries with around .5 to 1Amp and Discharge at 3Amp times 2 and let the battery rest that should help your batteries is that true?

Also, can you tell me some good battery maintenance tips:
1)like charging rate for different mah rated batteries.
2)good discharge rate.
3)best way to store batteries.
4)Best settings to peak or re-peak batteries before race.
5)and whatever else you think is important.

Because, when I think I know what I am doing I find I am doing it wrong :D

Philip do you have a novak smart tray from your 1/10th days?
that is simply the best discharger for aaa cells....
fixed 2.7 amp discharge and it doesnt let the cells go below your cut off...
Maj and Joe use one. (me too)
when you use your group charger/discharger you cant tell which is the weak cell and if you get one it will effect the whole groups (4) performance.

The best way to store them is with half a charge.
The best repeak would be on your group tray at 1.5 amps
about 3 minutes before you need them...
warm batteries off the charger will give you the most power...
what i learned about aaa cells is they can not handle the 130 degree temp of sub c cell technology. aaa s temp is 110.... if they get hotter than that they will weep acid....

Cherub1m
2009.04.05, 09:08 PM
Philip do you have a novak smart tray from your 1/10th days?
that is simply the best discharger for aaa cells....
fixed 2.7 amp discharge and it doesn't let the cells go below your cut off...
Maj and Joe use one. (me too)
when you use your group charger/discharger you cant tell which is the weak cell and if you get one it will effect the whole groups (4) performance.

The best way to store them is with half a charge.
The best repeak would be on your group tray at 1.5 amps
about 3 minutes before you need them...
warm batteries off the charger will give you the most power...
what i learned about aaa cells is they can not handle the 130 degree temp of sub c cell technology. aaa s temp is 110.... if they get hotter than that they will weep acid....

Thanks for the information George. Nope, I don't have a novak smart tray, I guess I will need to get one. What information does the Novak Smart Tray give you? The repeak at 1.5amps is that with all AAA 750mah to 1100mah batteries?

I just sent you a private message with my address, thanks those reflectors work great :D

Can't wait till you get your Mini96 if you can get the expansion pack also, that's what most of us are using.

EMU
2009.04.05, 09:23 PM
Philip, I would charge on a individual charger, then do a 3A discharge on the Triton. my Triton Jr only has 1A :( If you can set the cutoff voltage, set it to ~4v so that you dont go too low with any of the cells, and all the cells are getting a good workout... After completeing that, you can discharge the rest in the Maha at 1A. If you already know that your cells are pretty close in capacity, you can lower the voltage of the cutoff on the 3A discharge.

After I let my cells rest (in discharged state), I just bring them to the track, charge normal... and run.

If my cells are only resting for a few days, I will discharge them before letting them rest. This way, I am only charging a few days later, and the batteries should be faster.

If the batteries sit for a long period of time, you want them half charged... then a couple days before the race do a discharge, and charge them up at the track.

You should not discharge/cycle a cell before a race. The cells will run flat. Which is why I suggest doing it a couple days before the event/use.

eztuner12
2009.04.05, 10:02 PM
Philip, I would charge on a individual charger, then do a 3A discharge on the Triton. my Triton Jr only has 1A :( If you can set the cutoff voltage, set it to ~4v so that you dont go too low with any of the cells, and all the cells are getting a good workout... After completeing that, you can discharge the rest in the Maha at 1A. If you already know that your cells are pretty close in capacity, you can lower the voltage of the cutoff on the 3A discharge.

After I let my cells rest (in discharged state), I just bring them to the track, charge normal... and run.

If my cells are only resting for a few days, I will discharge them before letting them rest. This way, I am only charging a few days later, and the batteries should be faster.

If the batteries sit for a long period of time, you want them half charged... then a couple days before the race do a discharge, and charge them up at the track.

You should not discharge/cycle a cell before a race. The cells will run flat. Which is why I suggest doing it a couple days before the event/use.

Thx for the answers
One more question.

You wrote “If my cells are only resting for a few days, I will discharge them before letting them rest”

Do you run them until discharge or you fully discharge them at 1A and then let them rest for 3-4 days?
Advanced thx!
Cheers

EMU
2009.04.05, 10:25 PM
I run them... then discharge fully the next day (dont have time to do it at the track). I dont discharge my practice batteries often. Only my race cells. Practice cells I usually use until they dump, so they get full cycles in the car. My race cells are only used for 5-8 minute runs, so they are only discharged for half (if even) their capacity each run.

One of my Lacrosse chargers is reading FULL on one of the banks without having a battery installed. Time to replace it. I may get a MH-C9000 instead... I like the 1A discharge.

bermbuster
2009.04.05, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the information George. Nope, I don't have a novak smart tray, I guess I will need to get one. What information does the Novak Smart Tray give you? The repeak at 1.5amps is that with all AAA 750mah to 1100mah batteries?.

the novak smart tray is an individual cell discharger w an adjustable cut off rate. the only info it gives is when the cells are discharged to the holding voltage you specify. from .1 to .9 per cell....(find them used for about $25-35

I would use 1.5a for all cells....the 1100s may take 2 amps....
basically 2c for repeaking....

the reflectors will be in tomorrows mail.
george

EMU
2009.04.05, 10:35 PM
All cells except the Orion 750 SHO... due to venting. :p

eztuner12
2009.04.05, 10:53 PM
I run them... then discharge fully the next day (dont have time to do it at the track). I dont discharge my practice batteries often. Only my race cells. Practice cells I usually use until they dump, so they get full cycles in the car. My race cells are only used for 5-8 minute runs, so they are only discharged for half (if even) their capacity each run.

One of my Lacrosse chargers is reading FULL on one of the banks without having a battery installed. Time to replace it. I may get a MH-C9000 instead... I like the 1A discharge.

Visit new-bliss-tech at ebay They usually have good savings offers on the Maha. I have buy from them with good experience. On one occasion it came defective and they replaced it very fast. Search for Maha PowerEx AA AAA MH-C9000 WizardOne Battery Charger
Cheers

EMU
2009.04.06, 01:13 AM
Richard, its about the same price on Amazon and ThomasDistributing (where I got my original one from). Amazon also has the Lacrosse BC-700 for $25 with free shipping... hmm.

The BC-700 has a max charge rate of 700mA, whereas the BC-900 can charge 4 cells at 1000mA, and 2 cells at 1800mA... most of the time I only charge at 700mAwith the BC-900, except for repeaking or topping off a set of cells that was charged with the Duracell charges; when I use 1000mA...

Maybe I will get one of those and another Maha later if I feel I need it... I could probably make do without it, but when I really like the 1A discharge...

My normal charge routine at the track; Once I get to the track, I put my practice batteries in all 4 chargers (2x Duracell 30 min, 2x Lacrosse). Let them charge as I set up my pit space and get the cars ready to run. By the time that I am ready to get on the track, the Duracell chargers are normally done.

The cells arent topped off with the 30 minute charger during the fast charge, 80-85% of the capacity is reached, then it switches to a trickle to top off the cells (after the LED indicators go out).

For practice, this is fine but for races I top the cells off in the BC-900 at 1A right before I get on the track. I put the race cells in the Duracell chargers about 45 minutes before my race if they have not been used already (start from a full discharge state) After the LEDs go out, I pull the cells. I put them in the Lacrosse at 1A when the heat that is 2 races before I am up finishes.

It should take about 10 minutes for them to finish, but if they are not quite done, its fine as they should be high in voltage and are at least 95% charged. There should be lots of speed and power. If you let the cells sit for a while, you lose out on alot of punch.

This is less important with modified motors, and actually it will probably better to wait a little while for the voltage on the battery to lower and IR to rise, so there isnt too much power :eek:

Cherub1m
2009.04.07, 01:44 PM
Hey Richard

Just wondering how you balance your AWD without adding weights on the motor side. I usually just shim the front suspension and play with the down stop and shocks until I can pick up/put down the front and rear of the car and have both wheels come off/touch the ground at the same time . I recently tried adding some weight to my AWD fitted with the SAS Pro and balanced it and the left turns feel more stable and I dont have to mess with the steering balance on my radio, but I feel after doing that my AWD does not handle has well taking right turns :D. I was thinking, since most road course go clockwise you essentially will have to take more right turns to get back to the start point, and the fastest sweeping turns will most likely be a right turn so It may be of benifit to have more weight on the right to help take the majority of turns which are right turns very fast. Let me know what you think about this.

I am still letting my batteries rest so no major time runs for me yet. So my max is still 94 laps.

I wish you had a video recorder I want to see you AWD blast through the track. You can always tell your wife the video camera is for taking films of the family, family functions, and recording your runs would just be an added bonus because the video camera is just there...:D.

eztuner12
2009.04.09, 10:56 PM
Hi Philip
First, I tweak my chassis to correct any bending on it using the same method you use to tweak your suspension but without front or rear suspenssion springs and using brand new tires. After this is done, I elevate my chassis on a 5 mm thick CF plate from the front to the rear under the chassis center and measure that my rims "no tires" have exactly the same left & right side distance from the glass tabletop surface. To lever the SAS I use the down stop screws from the upper A-arm, on the front I use color coded ATM or PN shims. After this is done, then I install bran new tires and tweak the suspension thru preloading the shocks springs. On the SAS thru the shocks, adjusting preload ring, on the front adding shims, be sure to have your chassis ready to run including the body, I do include the body on Mini-zs since they are heavy compare to the overall weight of the car.
About video cams, man we have purchased so many of them and never use them at all, that they go obsolete and we feel we have thrown our $ away every time, it have happened with cameras too
Cheers

eztuner12
2009.04.10, 05:48 PM
Hello Guys
Today my batteries came from their 4 days vacation, so I did some matching and color-coded them in groups. After that long procedure was over, I went to my track for some runs here are my best time out of five runs. I made 1, 94 laps run 3, 95 laps and 1, 96laps YES you read well, 96 laps:eek:. The only changes I made today were freshly charge batteries to my Tx and car after a good well deserve vacations
Here are my two best runs:

Run Time; 5.0319
#L; 96:):):)
ALT; 3.144
FL; 3.02

Run time; 5.0025
#L; 95
ALT; 3.159
FL; 3.06

I knew I was very near the 96 laps in that run. @ the last 2min of the run, I heard the fastest lap beep sound 5 to 6 times; I usually can hear this beep sound for no more than 3 times per 5min runs.

I will go for a few more runs late in the night since I will go to my brothers Apt for dinner. Al my family is retuning back to the DR on Sunday & Monday so I will have more time for my Super duper Mini-z.

This battery vacation did improve their power as EMU predicted. One more question Eugene, it is better to only charge the batteries after they rested after a run, or totally discharge them after a run and then charge it again, cycle them? ??
Thxxx!!!
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.10, 10:21 PM
Very nice Richard, very nice. I did not have much luck with my run, my orion 900's did not recover from a few days rest i am still charging some as I write this post. I think most of my orion 900 are ready to go to the great battery in the sky:D. I did try one of my Orion 750's and man they are fast but I could not reach 95 laps in fact i could not reach 94 laps :( Just to many errors. I see not only you got a better average lap time but your fast lap also improved. Nice work man :D. Now go to your storage get one of those old video cam that are obsolete and record a run :D and post it :D.

I may do some more runs tonight. Will see if 95 come my way.

eztuner12
2009.04.11, 01:29 AM
Hi Philip.

Yep 96 laps great, right? Now I really doubt 97 is posible. I am doing "perfect" laps at very "fast speed" that there is no way I can do better

About the batteries, some of mine to have to go away, unfortunately they only deliver power for the first 2 to 3 minutes. I am still waiting for Kenon to have them in stock!:mad: plus the new Nissan GT R500 unpainted shell:)

Btw, are the 750s better than the 900s???

Camcorders, well we pass by BestBuy today since they have a sale on them, the less expensive one was $318 with tax, so I guess no videos would be available. JT my neighbor, will check on an old Sony 8 mm I gave him about 10 to 12 years ago, he thinks he still have it, and see what we can do. :cool:

Practically all my friend aren’t au fait with videos cameras, I have been asking to borrow one. Most of them feel as me about camcorders, you buy them; use them for a couple of weeks and directly to drawer for good. I guess that as you get older you became more aware and conservative.:rolleyes:

Well, I will go for more runs tomorrow, I am stuff as a pillow and tired, so TV:) is in my agenda for now.
Cheers;)

EMU
2009.04.11, 04:18 AM
You dont want to discharge between runs. Just charge the cells up. After you are done using them, discharge and let them sit for 3 days, then charge and use them. If you are going to wait longer than 3 days to use the cells, charge them a little before letting them sit at low amperage. Maybe 30%. More, and you will get less punch than when you charge them for the first run you use on them.

The Orion 750's have more punch, and will definitely last more than 5 minutes with the mod motors... Even a 10 minute run should be capable. The problem that I have with them, is that they vent. And cannot be charged high. I have vented them at 700mA. I cannot comment on the R1wurks 750s, havent tried them yet... but I will soon ;)

Cherub1m
2009.04.11, 01:05 PM
You dont want to discharge between runs. Just charge the cells up. After you are done using them, discharge and let them sit for 3 days, then charge and use them. If you are going to wait longer than 3 days to use the cells, charge them a little before letting them sit at low amperage. Maybe 30%. More, and you will get less punch than when you charge them for the first run you use on them.

Hey Eugene

Ah the little important things, if missed one can prematurely throw away batteries:D. Ok I'll charge them up again and hope for a little more punch this time. And the #3, what a number, the sacred number it always shows up somewhere:D

Also, I just notice my Triton 2 is able to charge/discharge cycle one cell at a time, so I may be able to do the 1A and 3A discharge cycle and get some numbers. The info it give are peak voltage, ave. voltage, charge mah/discharge mah and Temp if you have the connections, and give a total time for the process.

Hi Richard

yeah I don't think 97 is possible either, if anyone get 97 I don't think I will believe it unless I see it:D. Right now 94 has been my limit, and on my last runs I could not get over 91 laps not sure whats happening I feel like I am going faster and at time I feel more consistent but the numbers show that it's not. So I am not sure what going on, I wonder if the alum. diet made it more difficult to drive consistently:D. I know on a very big track the lower weight is beneficial since you need to be able to not only go fast on the straights but you need to be able to conserve energy. I am begining to think the short track need a little more weight to keep things consistent.

I don't think the 750 Orion are better it just depends on what you want to use them for the Orion 750's definitely have more punch then the Orion 900's but the Orion 900's seem to have a little more run time and for modified some time you don't need the power/punch that the 750's will give you, you get that from the motor. In short I like the 750's because they are great for stock motors and for mod you may have to tone it down a bit on your transmitter.

eztuner12
2009.04.11, 10:15 PM
Hi Philip
Today I indented a new approach to my race line, I followed a suggestion of my wife in line to tame my driving going thru turns 1, 2 and 3, I removed the center tiles from turn #3 to make it tighter in rank to avoid over-steering do to high speed thru turn 1 & 2 and it work beautifully. Out of eight runs, six 95, two 96 laps.
Best run
Run time; 5.0298
#L; 96
ALT; 3.143
FL; 3.03

2nd best run
Run time; 5.0307
#L; 96
ALT; 3.144
FL; 3.05

My chassis is 208g, I think you should go back to the original setup you 1st had. You were very close to 95 laps then. It was only a matter of little more practice time in order to achieve more consistency. I guess that with all the changes you have made to your car, you have gone back many steps; the numbers are talking to ya, right? :(

BTW, thanks for the info about the 750s I really don’t need any more punch.

About more than 96 laps, I won’t bet on it, Perhaps some of those guys out there would wipe our a.. like baby’s.:eek:

One key that really help is, trimming your Tx steering little to the left side, so that when you enter the straightway at high speed if you let go of your Tx steering wheel, the car will pull to the left side of the track by itself. You would only have to be concerned on positioning your car to turn right into turn #1 with much more consistency. This is the way many of us do it when running gas on road.

Hope it aids, I WANT TO SEE YOU BACK!!!:):)

Eugene thanks for the answer concerning my Q on the batteries.:)

Cheers;)

EMU
2009.04.12, 04:59 AM
I usually trim my TX slightly to the right... I would rather the car pull slightly to the right, than to the left... Force of habit running on long straights clockwise. When I run counter clockwise, I do the opposite. I usually run very close to the back wall on the straight... so if I let go of the wheel, I want the car to go straight or just a little towards the center of the track. Not enough that its visibly noticable, but just enough that I can feel it.

Richard, I do not consider myself a battery expert. Although, I do feel that I know a good amount, and have fast batteries (even my practice cells are pretty fast). I always like to share things that I have learned... and help people around me.

Cherub1m
2009.04.12, 04:50 PM
Yeah I think all the changes I made did set me back a bit. I am going to continue trying with the lighter car for a while since I think they are some benefits to it because I am still able to hit fast laps below 3.00sec so I just need to be more consistent If I can't then I will go back and add some alum parts to add some weight. I usually like to have to car track straight if I have to choose I think on a flat track I would want the car to drift a little to the left on a straight and on a banked track I definitely want it to drift left if going clockwise.

I also think with the lower weight my cars maybe over powered with the ATM Stock R (especially combined with the Orion 750 SHO Batt.), I may need to go back to the ATM Stock or try PN Speedy O7 to slow it down a bit. I ran the PN 70T on my car and I was actually able to hit laps around 3.09 sec and the car was easier to drive but if I made one mistake, it took me time to get the momentum up again to get back on pace. I would like to keep my car light especially if I go to a bigger track where I feel the lighter AWD will shine.

eztuner12
2009.04.13, 02:11 PM
Hello Gentlemen.

Eugene,
That is one of the main objectives of any hobby, very especially in R/C, shearing knowledge in line to help others. Thanks! For providing us with good valuable info.:)

Yes Philip,
You should set the car as your preference, that’s the idea.;)
I can remember the time when on road R/C car were not able to be set to your likeness and we all had to set our self and get used to the car, it really was harder to race then, excellent reflexes, push finger(no Tx trigger then) and wrist were indeed most and only important factors. :eek:
Keep on trying in line to get your chassis in an A-1 set-up, take your time no hurry, when you are ready, I will be here.;):D

I tested today a new motor. I took my old ATM T2 arm with wear-out big fat Comm and swap the Comm for a new but thinner Comm (REG-Comm) the outcome was very good, it is a super fast speed & quick motor but smooth on punch, really like it for low traction track conditions days. Did a few runs with it and did accomplish a couple 96, but no lower times nor faster laps. I guess is my tyres, they are very low so the RPMs will increase but speed won’t pick up to much , I will have to wait until new tires arrive from Japan, perchance by the end of the week or beginning of next week, I hope! :(
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.13, 04:21 PM
For a moment when I saw you posted I thought you were going to say you hit 97 laps:D. If you do... you better go to the deepest abyss and find one of those obsolete camcorders/videocams/digitalcam...or whatever else cam:D:D:D and record that *@!*$!@$# :D.

I agree sharing knowledge is key to improvement. Right now I am going to a slower motor. In addition, I will be trying to increase steering has much has I can. Then will see were that takes me. Also, is it about time we try a different track layout?

eztuner12
2009.04.13, 05:39 PM
For a moment when I saw you posted I thought you were going to say you hit 97 laps:D. If you do... you better go to the deepest abyss and find one of those obsolete camcorders/videocams/digitalcam...or whatever else cam:D:D:D and record that *@!*$!@$# :D.

I agree sharing knowledge is key to improvement. Right now I am going to a slower motor. In addition, I will be trying to increase steering has much has I can. Then will see were that takes me. Also, is it about time we try a different track layout?

Hi Philip
No need to worry nether video needed, I won’t tell no truth, and if I do, I would be fooling only myself. I guess I am little too old to be fooling myself, or anybody. I am here for the “Fun” not for the competition. As a fact never have taken competition seriously or over the fun, reason why never participate in a National event nor World event, the further I went has been on the winternats and club races. In many occasions I TQ A group and didn’t race the final A-main event. That’s how seriously I take competitions.

In all ways I admire and respect, those that go out for the competition seriously, it is a hell of challenge, thrill, and enormous task. I like to see R/C on road competitions as much I like to have fun when racing. Yes at an opportunity, I like to go out and win trophies. However, l discovered that having fun was much better, as well as, the recognition from many, when I came down from the drivers stand without the agony and pressure of competition.

As far as me, we can change the track layout any time, go ahead and post your proposals.
I’ll be waiting...!:)
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.13, 11:36 PM
Hi Philip
No need to worry nether video needed, I wonít tell no truth, and if I do, I would be fooling only myself. I guess I am little too old to be fooling myself, or anybody. I am here for the ďFunĒ not for the competition. As a fact never have taken competition seriously or over the fun, reason why never participate in a National event nor World event, the further I went has been on the winternats and club races. In many occasions I TQ A group and didnít race the final A-main event. Thatís how seriously I take competitions.

In all ways I admire and respect, those that go out for the competition seriously, it is a hell of challenge, thrill, and enormous task. I like to see R/C on road competitions as much I like to have fun when racing. Yes at an opportunity, I like to go out and win trophies. However, l discovered that having fun was much better, as well as, the recognition from many, when I came down from the drivers stand without the agony and pressure of competition.

As far as me, we can change the track layout any time, go ahead and post your proposals.
Iíll be waiting...!:)
Cheers

Hi Richard

No worries from me regarding "I won't tell no truth" :D. I just know how hard it is to hit 94 laps so when you hit 96!!! I naturally want to see it and I am sure many others would love to see your superb driving skill at work on the Mini 96 :D. Not only would it be a learning experience to watch the lines you take, but it would be like poetry watching the MA010 flawlessly fly through the track, that's all :D. When I get 95 or 96 laps I'll post it and put some music to it :D...maybe Chopin or Bach :D

I thought is would be best if we all could submit a track layout, I gave the first one so maybe you or Kevin could come up with the next one. If not, that's also fine I have a few :D. In addition, I would like to change things a bit and do a 50 lap run instead of a 5 min. run this time. Main reason, I can have more tries with one battery pack :D. This last session destroyed many of my cells, I had those things working over time :D. Well, you guys let me know what you think.

eztuner12
2009.04.14, 12:28 AM
Cool I am trying to get hand on a video recorder, but is not a promise. Do you really think others are watching this thread??? :rolleyes:
I guess only you, Eugene, kev and perhaps some of his friends that are participating occasionally and I, hehehehehe, they are to busy in other things of their interest.
Remember the poll results?:D

I still don’t have a track layout program; any time a try to download the one you send to me my antivirus won’t let it go thru.:mad:
About 50 laps race, it is ok with me, the one that accomplish first the 50 laps right? Nevertheless, how can we achieve this with our lap counters???
Perhaps 3 min race would be the same. Let me know.;)
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.14, 11:11 AM
Cool I am trying to get hand on a video recorder, but is not a promise. Do you really think others are watching this thread??? :rolleyes:
I guess only you, Eugene, kev and perhaps some of his friends that are participating occasionally and I, hehehehehe, they are to busy in other things of their interest.
Remember the poll results?:D

I still don’t have a track layout program; any time a try to download the one you send to me my antivirus won’t let it go thru.:mad:
About 50 laps race, it is ok with me, the one that accomplish first the 50 laps right? Nevertheless, how can we achieve this with our lap counters???
Perhaps 3 min race would be the same. Let me know.;)
Cheers

Hi Richard

I think a few people are watching, they just don't comment for some reason. Its to bad since their input could really help make this better, especially for people with limited space at their home that want to do some racing with people around the world. Also, one of the first video's I posted has 175 views, the others have somewhere around 27 to 36 views and someone rated them :D. So I think a few people are watching, not by great numbers, but a few :D.

Oh I thought you solved the download issue with the last program I sent you. Well, Kevin displayed a few layout a few post back maybe Kevin or you could pick one of those. I need to firgure out how to get you set up with the track builder program. I could see you know building a track with an evil grin and marcab laughter "let see if they can handle this vicious jelly roll and this off camber turn" :D

The lap timer is able to do number of lap runs, you can set it for 1, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 500 laps timed runs and it gives you your fast lap and the time it took to complete the chosen number of laps. It also will begin to beep when you are 5 laps from finishing the chosen number of laps.

eztuner12
2009.04.14, 12:43 PM

Kevin.
I like the 1st track layout from Kevin
I also added a few nicw track from HFAY
All of these layouts would fit in my room
What about you guys?
Cheers
http://hfay.tinyrc.com/TimeTrials/TimeTrialTrack1/tabid/88/Default.aspx
http://hfay.tinyrc.com/TimeTrials/TimeTrialTrack2/tabid/89/Default.aspx

eztuner12
2009.04.14, 12:45 PM
Ok Kev track didnot came thru, so here is the link
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26571&d=1233449453
;)

Cherub1m
2009.04.14, 11:12 PM
Hi Richard

I hope Kevin is reading this.

All of those tracks look good to me you guys pick one. I also edited my last post, in short here is what I edited:

The lap timer is able to do number of lap runs, you can set it for 1, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 300, 500 laps timed runs and it gives you your fast lap and the time it took to complete the chosen number of laps.

Let me know what you guys pick.

eztuner12
2009.04.14, 11:32 PM
I like this one;

It is Ok with me to go 50 laps. I just forgaten our lap timer could go on lapst too:rolleyes:
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.04.15, 10:56 AM
I like this one;

It is Ok with me to go 50 laps. I just forgaten our lap timer could go on lapst too:rolleyes:
Cheers;)

Cool I made some slight changes to that track I'll post it when I get home today. I just widdened the starting line straight and widdened the straight after turn #1. It's still at 11' x 9'. Let me know what you think.

Kevin were are you?:D. We are still waitting for George and hopefully MikeL to start doing some time trials when they get thier Mini96's. And maybe Eugene will be able to swing by again and do some more runs. This map seems faster, I think the 2WD will do good, but not better then the AWD, but it will do good.

PridgeoK
2009.04.15, 03:33 PM
Hey guys,

Still here! :D

Sorry - I haven't been reading for the last couple days, and just saw this here at work. The weather is starting to get nicer out here in Vancouver and I'm hoping it'll stay for a while. Unfortunately I don't have the space to leave the track down like you guys, so I can't get many runs in, but I will definitely make a concerted effort to get at least a few races in on whichever new track we go for.

I don't mind any of the ones you've listed so far, guys. I'll have more time this evening to really take a good look, but ya - let's switch it up. I want to see how you guys fly through other layouts now!

It has been awesome reading your set-up notes and how you've been shaving a second here and a bit of time there. Being a new-be in this arena, I'm still learning quite a bit still, but unfortunately don't have the time to dedicate to a bunch of runs. As the summer gets going and I can get more outdoor setups, so I'll be able to do this more often.

Let's keep it going!

Kev.

PridgeoK
2009.04.15, 03:49 PM
Hey,

The track builder I use is Google's Sketchup program. It's meant mainly for diagramming and such, but works well for this purpose as well. Just do a google search for "Sketchup" and it'll be the first thing you find. I posted the templates here on mini-zracer in the RCP Support forum. Works like the cats-meow, and can produce some pretty incredible tracks. There's a learning curve, for sure, but it's really not hard.

We're still doing some 11x11 tracks right? When do you want to try the larger tracks using all of the mini-96 + expansion sized tracks?

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.04.15, 04:05 PM
Good to see you here Kev!!!
Thanks for the info regarding tracks design programs.

Well I have made changes to my agenda and I will be going to Pittsburgh by the end of this month and will be there for no less than a month, so no racing for me then.:(
From Pittsburgh If everything goes A-OK Iíll be back to Miami for a couple of weeks and back home to the DR, there we can go with very large track.:D
Cheers.

eztuner12
2009.04.15, 04:18 PM
Hey,

The track builder I use is Google's Sketchup program. It's meant mainly for diagramming and such, but works well for this purpose as well. Just do a google search for "Sketchup" and it'll be the first thing you find. I posted the templates here on mini-zracer in the RCP Support forum. Works like the cats-meow, and can produce some pretty incredible tracks. There's a learning curve, for sure, but it's really not hard.

We're still doing some 11x11 tracks right? When do you want to try the larger tracks using all of the mini-96 + expansion sized tracks?

Kev.

Can't find it. Link please:)
Thxxx...

PridgeoK
2009.04.15, 06:42 PM
Can't find it. Link please:)
Thxxx...

http://sketchup.google.com/

From there, just download and install on your computer (as long as you have a Windows computer | edit: Mac OS X works as well), then open one of my template files and plug away.

The link to my template files:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27185

The very first post in that thread has the mini-96 template from back in December, but down the page a bit (post #15 I think) has the wide 50cm track template and there are a few example pictures throughout.

I would suggest going through some of their tutorials just to familiarize yourself with it a bit, and sure, it's a bit fiddly and whatnot... but after using it for about 15 mins or so, I find it's pretty easy for what we need to do...

Basic things you need to learn:
- moving around the screen
- zooming in and out
- rotating the drawing
- copy & paste items
- grouping and ungrouping sets of items
- delete items
- move items on their axis, rotate them, that kidn of thing

There really isn't that much else. I like the ability to view the track from any angle! :cool:

Kev.

Cherub1m
2009.04.15, 08:40 PM
Hey Kevin

Good to see you still around.

Well, Guys I made a very small change to the layout Richard liked. I just wanted to use some of the expansion tiles to make the straights a little bigger. Let me know if this is OK or not OK :D

Cherub1m
2009.04.15, 08:49 PM
the novak smart tray is an individual cell discharger w an adjustable cut off rate. the only info it gives is when the cells are discharged to the holding voltage you specify. from .1 to .9 per cell....(find them used for about $25-35

I would use 1.5a for all cells....the 1100s may take 2 amps....
basically 2c for repeaking....

the reflectors will be in tomorrows mail.
george

Hey George

I sent you a pm a while back regarding receiving your reflectors. I just thought I would tell you hear to :D. Thanks again they work great. Now get your Mini96 with expansion set up :D.

eztuner12
2009.04.15, 10:53 PM
Hey Kevin

Good to see you still around.

Well, Guys I made a very small change to the layout Richard liked. I just wanted to use some of the expansion tiles to make the straights a little bigger. Let me know if this is OK or not OK :D

Looks fine to me;)

PridgeoK
2009.04.16, 02:03 AM
I can *almost* set that up in my back yard patio, but definitely would be able to if we switch the track over a bit - I'll attach v4 for your review. Just a few pieces too wide in the one direction for me to fit it out there. I should *just* be able to fit it like this. Is this alteration okay?

I moved the start lines back just one space since I think my bridge will fit a little easier there, if that's okay as well. Shouldn't be an issue if you like that original location either.

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.04.16, 02:55 AM
I can *almost* set that up in my back yard patio, but definitely would be able to if we switch the track over a bit - I'll attach v4 for your review. Just a few pieces too wide in the one direction for me to fit it out there. I should *just* be able to fit it like this. Is this alteration okay?

I moved the start lines back just one space since I think my bridge will fit a little easier there, if that's okay as well. Shouldn't be an issue if you like that original location either.

Kev.

No problem with me, letís hear Philipís feedback.
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.16, 01:14 PM

Kev.

It's fine with me. However Kevin did you notice you made it into a mirror image or opposite of Mini96layout#4. It fine with me if that's what you wanted.

Cherub1m
2009.04.16, 01:20 PM

Kev.

It's fine with me. However Kevin did you notice, beside removing the middle expansion section after turn #1 you made it into a mirror image or opposite of Mini96layout#4ver2 (without middle expansion section after turn#1). It's fine with me if that's what you wanted. I hope my explanation is clear.

PridgeoK
2009.04.16, 02:11 PM
Ah right - I see that now. I like the idea of having that extra expansion piece in there better, so I'll fix up that diagram tonight. And yes - the mirror image was intentional since my patio is slightly wider on that one side, but not the other. I only have an 8-foot width on the far right-hand side but have a few feet of additional bricks on the left that should fit this track. So I'd want to have the 3-wide section on the left-hand side, just before the start line there.

Stupid question for you :o: which corner, exactly, is turn #1? From the start line, is it the first clockwise turn to the right?

Kev.

edit: here's a pic of the patio w/a track in it. (attached)

Cherub1m
2009.04.16, 07:49 PM
Ah right - I see that now. I like the idea of having that extra expansion piece in there better, so I'll fix up that diagram tonight. And yes - the mirror image was intentional since my patio is slightly wider on that one side, but not the other. I only have an 8-foot width on the far right-hand side but have a few feet of additional bricks on the left that should fit this track. So I'd want to have the 3-wide section on the left-hand side, just before the start line there.

Stupid question for you :o: which corner, exactly, is turn #1? From the start line, is it the first clockwise turn to the right?

Kev.

edit: here's a pic of the patio w/a track in it. (attached)

Ah yes I see. Perfect, mirror image track is actually better I think, cool!!!

If you are going clockwise from the main straight (were the checkered tiles are) the first turn is #1 (Well, that what I call turn #1:D)

Also, I would like to see more of that patio:D I may have to pick your brain about gardening/growing plants/landscaping :D I have a Red thumb (Red is the opposite color of Green:D)

Cherub1m
2009.04.16, 08:14 PM
Hey Kevin

I just went ahead and created the mirror image track with different versions. Which one fits what your are trying to do? if any?

PridgeoK
2009.04.16, 09:43 PM
We're trying to make the best of that small area, for sure, and Vancouver is a very lush area, so the plants thrive... but my wife is the gardner in the family - I just dig here and rake there, haul dirt, and move rock. ;) When it comes to making it look good and choosing what plant to put where - I'm not your man! :p What I wanted to ensure was that the mini-96 would fit well out there, and with the 12x8 surface of 1' slabs, the track is in its element. The surface isn't perfectly flat, but once the track is set up, the RCP foam pretty much eliminates the faults. I set up some good lights out there as well, so I can race pretty much until the neighbors start complaining. ;) Being a lush area means lots of rain though, so I haven't been able to set up out there yet this year.

For the bigger tracks, I need to bring the track out to my carport. (attached).

As for the track for this next set, your track version 4 would fit best, I think, and it has the extra lane of 3-wide tiles. Is turn #1 the 3x3 top-right corner?

Kev.

Cherub1m
2009.04.16, 11:52 PM
We're trying to make the best of that small area, for sure, and Vancouver is a very lush area, so the plants thrive... but my wife is the gardner in the family - I just dig here and rake there, haul dirt, and move rock. ;) When it comes to making it look good and choosing what plant to put where - I'm not your man! :p What I wanted to ensure was that the mini-96 would fit well out there, and with the 12x8 surface of 1' slabs, the track is in its element. The surface isn't perfectly flat, but once the track is set up, the RCP foam pretty much eliminates the faults. I set up some good lights out there as well, so I can race pretty much until the neighbors start complaining. ;) Being a luch area means lots of rain though, so I haven't been able to set up out there yet this year.

For the bigger tracks, I need to bring the track out to my carport. (attached).

As for the track for this next set, your track version 4 would fit best, I think, and it has the extra lane of 3-wide tiles. Is turn #1 the 3x3 top-right corner?

Kev.

Cool, so Miniz96layout#4ver4 it is. Yeah top right corner is turn #1.

eztuner12
2009.04.18, 01:22 AM
Hi Guyís
Today I did try the 50 laps system we are going to use on our next races.
I had very low tires put the car was handling great
Here is my best run out of three
# Laps; 50
Run time; 2.645
ALT; 3.174
Best lap; 3.07
I guess this will be my last run on this track layout. So the new final track layout for next races is this one???
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27042&d=1239947246
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.18, 09:02 AM
Hi Guyís
Today I did try the 50 laps system we are going to use on our next races.
I had very low tires put the car was handling great
Here is my best run out of three
# Laps; 50
Run time; 2.645
ALT; 3.174
Best lap; 3.07
I guess this will be my last run on this track layout. So the new final track layout for next races is this one???
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=27042&d=1239947246
Cheers

Hi Richard

Looks like a very good run. That time trial you just posted was from the Mini96layout#3cVer2 we've been running on for the past couple months correct?

And yes that is the new layout; Mini96layout#4ver4 I am going to try and do some runs today on the new layout but I may not be able to since we have some renovations going on on the other side of the basement, everything will be moved to the track side. If not I'll try some by next sometime next week

This next layout looks slower.

eztuner12
2009.04.18, 02:15 PM
Yep Old layout
Cheers

RacerRecar
2009.04.20, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone

I have been whatching this thread for some time now its great, also whatching the videos posted is awsome. I would like to participate but don't have a Mini96 let alone the space for one at this time. I have a suggestion, maybe you guys could appoint a person to recieve the official times on the official day, then when all is recieved the appointed person could post the official results. I think that would reduce racers waitting for others to post there numbers and then try harder to beat the best time posted before the time is up.

And guess what, I would love to be the one to do that for you guys, if its ok with you all.

eztuner12
2009.04.20, 12:46 PM
Hello everyone

I have been whatching this thread for some time now its great, also whatching the videos posted is awsome. I would like to participate but don't have a Mini96 let alone the space for one at this time. I have a suggestion, maybe you guys could appoint a person to recieve the official times on the official day, then when all is recieved the appointed person could post the official results. I think that would reduce racers waitting for others to post there numbers and then try harder to beat the best time posted before the time is up.

And guess what, I would love to be the one to do that for you guys, if its ok with you all.
Hi RacerRecar
Welcome to this thread & thanks for the words and suggestion. I certainly like the idea and Appreciate your proposed collaboration, so you got my "yes" vote; let us wait for the others opinion.
Again thanks so much for the help:)
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.04.21, 12:09 AM
Hello everyone

Hi RacerRecar

Welcome to MiniZRacer and our Mini96 Championship thread. Glad you enjoyed the thread and video's. In short, I think that is a great idea, you got my vote :D.

RacerRecar
2009.04.21, 12:23 PM
Hello eztuner12 and Cherub1m

Thanks for you vote. I guess we have to wait for few others opinions on the matter?

PridgeoK
2009.04.21, 01:20 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the offer, RacerRecar - and welcome to the forums!! Sounds cool. I like the idea, but only have a single concern. Excuse the verboseness - I'm thinking out loud here for the sake of discussion on this one:

Right now Richard & Philip are fairly consistent in being able to have many multiples of runs on the tracks we've been setting up, and have posted a number of times with their incremental improvements and how it's been accomplished. EMU's additions have been excellent as well. At this point, I find that more helpful than almost any other forum I've been reading as to how some of the (:eek:very fast!!:eek:) lap times have been made. If we limit the time when we can post the latest results and what was done to achieve them, then I think we may not have the breadth of knowledge coming from this that we currently do.

I would like to see this happen down the road - I mean... if we get more participation in this, and we manage to turn it into something that more people are able to really "compete" in, then I would whole-heartedly jump for this.

Thinking further on this... maybe we should do this to at least set a particular date & time for the *initial* posting of results so that we can all at least have a chance to run some races on the layout-du-jour before seeing what the others have run. After that, can we still post what our improvements are and how they were achieved? Not that I really have contributed to that side of things :o, since so far, I really don't have the opportunity to set up quite as much... but so far with this series, I've found that information to be impressive and useful, and would love for it to continue, if you guys are willing to. ;)

That's my 2c!

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 01:21 PM
Hello eztuner12 and Cherub1m

Thanks for you vote. I guess we have to wait for few others opinions on the matter?

Yess we need 1 more vote for the GO!, This could be from EMU or PridgeoK.
I will do my two runs today on the new track layout to start with this month series so let me knwo were do you want me to send the resuts.
Any body going to run this week???:):)

I finily got my new tyres Oh yeah!!!:D

Cheers

eztuner12
2009.04.21, 01:33 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the offer, RacerRecar - and welcome to the forums!! Sounds cool. I like the idea, but only have a single concern. Excuse the verboseness - I'm thinking out loud here for the sake of discussion on this one:

Right now Richard & Philip are fairly consistent in being able to have many multiples of runs on the tracks we've been setting up, and have posted a number of times with their incremental improvements and how it's been accomplished. EMU's additions have been excellent as well. At this point, I find that more helpful than almost any other forum I've been reading as to how some of the (:eek:very fast!!:eek:) lap times have been made. If we limit the time when we can post the latest results and what was done to achieve them, then I think we may not have the breadth of knowledge coming from this that we currently do.

I would like to see this happen down the road - I mean... if we get more participation in this, and we manage to turn it into something that more people are able to really "compete" in, then I would whole-heartedly jump for this.

Thinking further on this... maybe we should do this to at least set a particular date & time for the *initial* posting of results so that we can all at least have a chance to run some races on the layout-du-jour before seeing what the others have run. After that, can we still post what our improvements are and how they were achieved? Not that I really have contributed to that side of things :o, since so far, I really don't have the opportunity to set up quite as much... but so far with this series, I've found that information to be impressive and useful, and would love for it to continue, if you guys are willing to. ;)

That's my 2c!

Kev.

Hi Kev,
Good point!
I think we can submit to Racer only the “official two monthly races” we agreed on and post our comments as soon Racer post the results.
Others “unofficial” runs we can post directly accompany with our comments as we have been doing.
Is this proposal satisfactory?

I too am very interested in reading the comments and settings from others in rank to improve my car handling in line to accomplish more laps or better times in the runs.:):):D
Cheers

RacerRecar
2009.04.21, 02:17 PM
Hello Guys and Gals

Oh yeah, I just wanted to help with the submitting the official first and second run you guys mentioned on some earlier post. Also, I agree 100% with you guys, after the official submissions, I hope you guys continue to run the track layout until your able to maximize it. I enjoy reading your set up changes and you guy's knowledge on finding the best line. It's great stuff.

Cherub1m
2009.04.22, 12:05 AM
Hey guys,

That's my 2c!

Kev.

Sounds like we have 3 vote for yes.:D

Hi Kev,
Good point!
I think we can submit to Racer only the ďofficial two monthly racesĒ we agreed on and post our comments as soon Racer post the results.
Others ďunofficialĒ runs we can post directly accompany with our comments as we have been doing.
Is this proposal satisfactory?

I too am very interested in reading the comments and settings from others in rank to improve my car handling in line to accomplish more laps or better times in the runs.:):):D
Cheers

Sounds good to me. :D

Hello Guys and Gals

Oh yeah, I just wanted to help with the submitting the official first and second run you guys mentioned on some earlier post. Also, I agree 100% with you guys, after the official submissions, I hope you guys continue to run the track layout until your able to maximize it. I enjoy reading your set up changes and you guy's knowledge on finding the best line. It's great stuff.

Sounds good to me. :D

My basement is a mess right now but I'll try and set up somewhere and send you my official times.

eztuner12
2009.04.22, 12:16 AM
Well we still need 1 more vote for the GO! This could be from PridgeoK or
EMU.:D
Cheers

Cherub1m
2009.04.22, 12:31 AM
Well we still need 1 more vote for the GO! This could be from PridgeoK or
EMU.:D
Cheers

Hmm...I took the comment below by Pridgeok has a yes. I guess we should wait for the official "yes".:D

Hey guys,

That's my 2c!

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.04.22, 12:42 AM
Hi Philip
I did my two official runs today. However, as I read, Kev is requesting a marked day to do the official race, so come on with your proposals guys. I don’t mind doing it again:D:D:D. What about this coming Fri or Sat???
Cheers;)

PridgeoK
2009.04.22, 12:56 AM
Just to be official ;): Vote = YES.

Oh - for the day to submit the results... mind if we make it the end of the month, or possibly the following Saturday (May 2nd)? I managed to bungle up my knee playing floor hockey the other day and will need time to recoup a bit before setting up the track. I may just need to get my kids to set up the track for me! LOL!

One more note, just to clarify: I don't mind us running the race any time you want or when the best opportunity presents itself for each of you. I just mean we shouldn't put anything in the forum regarding our results on the new layout yet and we need to submit them via PM to RacerRecar by that date.

Game on?

Kev.

eztuner12
2009.04.22, 01:14 AM
Just to be official ;): Vote = YES.

Oh - for the day to submit the results... mind if we make it the end of the month, or possibly the following Saturday (May 2nd)? I managed to bungle up my knee playing floor hockey the other day and will need time to recoup a bit before setting up the track. I may just need to get my kids to set up the track for me! LOL!

One more note, just to clarify: I don't mind us running the race any time you want or when the best opportunity presents itself for each of you. I just mean we shouldn't put anything in the forum regarding our results on the new layout yet and we need to submit them via PM to RacerRecar by that date.

Game on?

Kev.

Yep, Ok with me!
I am traveling to Pittsburgh on Monday May 4 until June 6. I will take one of my laptops to keep in touch, but not my Mini-z.

For the bad knee, put on some ice for 3min, immediately after the ice go with heat for 3min, heat pad will do the job. Do this for 15min, twice a day. This should improve your conditions faster.
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.04.22, 01:30 AM
End of the month, may 1st and may 2nd is good with me.:D

eztuner12
2009.04.22, 01:54 AM
Ok Gentlemen, we have gotten a date to start our engine:eek:, ether the 1st or the 2nd of May, on our conveniences.

Racer Racer will be the official race record keeper.;)

I read somewhere that arch2b has a mini-96, perhaps you will accompanied us in this one???:cool:

Cheers

PridgeoK
2009.04.22, 03:15 PM
For the bad knee, put on some ice for 3min, immediately after the ice go with heat for 3min, heat pad will do the job. Do this for 15min, twice a day. This should improve your conditions faster.
Cheers;)

Hey - good advice! I've heard the same thing from a few other friends, and the alternating heat/cold seems to make a big difference! :cool:

Thanks,

Kevin.

eztuner12
2009.04.22, 10:07 PM
Hey - good advice! I've heard the same thing from a few other friends, and the alternating heat/cold seems to make a big difference! :cool:

Thanks,

Kevin.

Hi Kev,
Yes it is the best therapy for joints, bones pain, any bump pain, as well as all pack pains including herniated discs. Heat will increase blood circulation, which acts as self-healing, and cold will reduce inflammation.:)
Cheers;)

Cherub1m
2009.04.27, 07:45 PM
Hello, everyone

It's been quiet here for a little while now :D. Well, my basement renovations are going well but my track is now set up on the deck outside so I can do some runs. I have to say after vacuuming the yellow pollen off my track:D the track had much better traction then when I was in the basement I am going to believe its due to the heat and humidity outside. I am not traction rolling but I think I am on the verge of traction rolling. Also, I found out the deck is not that flat.

eztuner12
2009.04.27, 08:10 PM
Thatís great news Philip, that you are able to do the runs.:)

I submitted my two runs on the past weekend to Racer Racer, including my car current set-up. Since I will be traveling on the 4th I wanted to go thru those runs earlier, in line to be sure I donít miss them, do to shorting of time on this week.

Cheers