PDA

View Full Version : Classes

-J-
2009.01.25, 09:08 AM
What classes do you guys race? I'm in Hong Kong now, but will move back to Charlotte this summer. What are the rules for each class? Modifications allowed that kind of thing? I read the rules on the website, but they were kind of vague. I'd appreciate the help.

mleemor60
2009.01.25, 10:37 AM
Basically our rules are very simple. F-1 is the easiest. Have fun, we have placed no restrictions on these cars beyond no lipo's or brushless which carries through all the classes. For modified we are currently running anything up to and including Lexan bodies. We have not addressed the MRCG or the P-28 or sinister yet as they are still quite scarce. For stock which is our mainstay we allow any chassis modifications (bling) and up to a speedy 07 motor with any single fet layer. 2.4 cars must run a 70T in stock. Stock limited to ASC bodies no Pan Car bodies. Our timing system is AMB with transponders available rent to own or outright purchase. the charge to race is $5.00 for all classes total. If you can't legally drive on the hiway then you race free. We usually run two classes per race night which is Thursday. We always run stock and alternate back and forth between Mod and F-1. Currently there isn't a great deal of interest in the 010 cars but it is growing and is blended in with either stock or mod. We try to put on one big race event a year(see thread on Diablo Sandwich Run)

We are within 4-5 hours of at least four other venues that either race weekly or host big events or both. There are two local home RCP tracks that are accessible for testing or you can go to the Hobby Shop whenever it is open. High Speed Hobbies is quite well stocked with all necessary components from Kyosho and PN and will make you feel welcome.

If there is any other information that you need contact me by PM. We will be looking forward to having you race with us when you get here.

pick
2009.01.26, 01:31 AM
If I can't legally drive on the highway due to a revoked driver's license, DWI, lack of insurance, or reckless driving................can I still race free :eek:?
James

Traveler
2009.01.26, 06:54 AM
Meant to ask when I was in the shop a couple of weeks ago, what is the cost of the transponder, rent-to-own and outright???

-J-
2009.01.26, 07:10 AM
Meant to ask when I was in the shop a couple of weeks ago, what is the cost of the transponder, rent-to-own and outright???

I went on AMB's website to find out the same thing, and to buy a transponder outright is about $88! I'll be cutting some grass this summer. ;)

mleemor60
2009.01.26, 07:30 AM

AMB transponders are a better investment than T- Bills. I have never seen the price go down in the approximate 30 year history of the company. The hobby shop rents them for I think $5.00 per evening with an outright purchase of right around a $100.00. Ask the shop to be sure. Some of the racers have obtained units from an alternate source that I don't know the name of which are quite a bit smaller than the original units and I believe might be more economical. Ask them at the races.

-J-
2009.01.26, 07:45 AM
AMB transponders are a better investment than T- Bills. I have never seen the price go down in the approximate 30 year history of the company. The hobby shop rents them for I think $5.00 per evening with an outright purchase of right around a $100.00. Ask the shop to be sure. Some of the racers have obtained units from an alternate source that I don't know the name of which are quite a bit smaller than the original units and I believe might be more economical. Ask the them at the races.

Will do. I read something to that tune on the AMB website.