PDA

View Full Version : got an anouncement to make

575racer
2009.01.26, 04:54 PM
alright people, got abit of an anouncement... after over a year or so of racing, im leaving for now :( ive decided im going to start 1/10 rock crawling/offroading, and cant really afford to do both :( just wanted to say thanks to everyone whos helped me, and bri for running the club... im going to keep my cars, if i get chance to i might pop down to a meet in the future but nothings certain at the moment...

Action B
2009.01.26, 05:06 PM
alright people, got abit of an anouncement... after over a year or so of racing, im leaving for now :( ive decided im going to start 1/10 rock crawling/offroading, and cant really afford to do both :( just wanted to say thanks to everyone whos helped me, and bri for running the club... im going to keep my cars, if i get chance to i might pop down to a meet in the future but nothings certain at the moment...

I know this isn't my club, but I didnt think the cost was very much after the cars. Maybe 3 bucks for tires every few races. Anyhow, its always sad when the forum loses a racer:(

Programmers
2009.01.26, 05:59 PM
Sorry to see you go Liam. All the best!

kryten
2009.01.26, 06:01 PM

Decided to retire with just the 1 world title eh?:rolleyes: Or off to win another in a diff class of comp? GL with the 1/10

575racer
2009.01.26, 06:05 PM
I know this isn't my club, but I didnt think the cost was very much after the cars. Maybe 3 bucks for tires every few races. Anyhow, its always sad when the forum loses a racer:(
its more than 3 bux every few months... can be quite abit more sometimes lol... im 14, and cant get a job so its all my money... ill keep my cars and drive them occasionaly tho:)
Sorry to see you go Liam. All the best!

Decided to retire with just the 1 world title eh?:rolleyes: Or off to win another in a diff class of comp? GL with the 1/10

hehe jayce, when ive got teh scx10 ill challenge you to a crawl off:p

kryten
2009.01.26, 06:08 PM
hehe jayce, when ive got teh scx10 ill challenge you to a crawl off:p
You are on my friend! i won't be a pushover like Shaun was:p

Tjay
2009.01.26, 06:18 PM
You are not leaving... trust me. You'll be back. You just need to take a time off of this mini-z thing.. I know I do. :)

marc
2009.01.26, 08:09 PM
If he's keeping the car's, he'll be back. Once a Mini-Z'er, always a Mini-Z'er!

Programmers
2009.01.27, 03:06 AM
It does seem a little crazy to be leaving one of the cheapest scales of RC for a more expensive one because of your expenditure!

575racer
2009.01.27, 02:26 PM
tom, once you have a scaler, parts hardly ever break and theres no admision fees for comps etc, so really its quite cheap when you have the kit.

Action B
2009.01.27, 02:36 PM
Well, when your 14 money is tighter. Good luck.

BrianMidnight
2009.01.29, 06:46 PM
Just read the post.....sorry to lose you Lee... hope its only for a short while

BmwM3_Evo
2009.02.02, 07:44 PM
tom, once you have a scaler, parts hardly ever break and theres no admision fees for comps etc, so really its quite cheap when you have the kit.

Good luck with the 1/10, but trust me, once you start upgrading things, it gets a bit expensive :).

And if you run them like there supposed to be ran, thingys definately break :).

oopster
2009.02.02, 07:57 PM
1/10th is expensive, well touring car is, don't know how expensive the rock crawling is as it's not something I've been interested in.

What rock crawler are you running? Is it the car we "tried" to jump a few months ago?

575racer
2009.02.03, 05:39 AM
1/10th is expensive, well touring car is, don't know how expensive the rock crawling is as it's not something I've been interested in.

What rock crawler are you running? Is it the car we "tried" to jump a few months ago?

depends what kit your after, its possible to just buy all the parts seperate, and build it part by part, or theres a few kits available. im looking at the axial scale kit at the moment, its about 200, just needs elecs and i can use my traxxas elecs in it. the car we tried to jump (traxxas slash) is probably the worst thing to try and crawl lool- its got indipendant suspension, when every crawler uses solid axles. its also rwd loool... i tried it in the snow yesterday and it wouldnt move:eek:

575racer
2009.04.04, 01:31 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s252/xmodguy07/DSC00578.jpg
hey guys, got my crawler a few weeks ago... just thought you may like to see it... max speed is about 6mph but it'll climb up walls:)