PDA

View Full Version : 98mm 962?

T-Bolt
2009.01.26, 11:20 PM
Anyone try it yet? I shortened up a body last night, and the paint is currently drying. I'm curious as to how it'll handle. I'm running +3 offsets all around, but it just tucks in front (2.5 should be perfect in front). So, has anyone tried it, and if so, how does it handle?

color01
2009.01.27, 12:15 AM
Tried it under an MRCG at 98mm... you better remove the rear diffuser because it's really heavy. It's not bad but something really needs to be done about the super-long tail on the 962. ;)

EMU
2009.01.27, 01:08 AM
I tried it... didnt really like it. The car didnt want to rotate enough.

The Mazda 98mm is much better since it doesnt have as much rear overhang.

cazcade
2009.01.27, 03:28 AM
Anyone try it yet? I shortened up a body last night, and the paint is currently drying. I'm curious as to how it'll handle. I'm running +3 offsets all around, but it just tucks in front (2.5 should be perfect in front). So, has anyone tried it, and if so, how does it handle?

I love it. I run the 962 short tail version in 98mm. I removed the rear overhang to get rid of some weight though.

I know some people hate it, but it like the way it hadles.

dxm2
2009.01.27, 03:55 PM
Cazcade, what is the "short tail" version? Can you post a picture?

cazcade
2009.01.28, 07:49 AM
Cazcade, what is the "short tail" version? Can you post a picture?

Here is a link to the car. the back is slightly higher and a little shorter I think
http://www.cargel.se/shop/product_info.php?cPath=38_87_100&products_id=3551

There is a thread about this somewhere on the forum...
http://www.mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29626&highlight=short+tail

hrdrvr
2009.01.28, 10:21 AM
^ In that thread you linked they do deistinguish them as long tail and short tail, but I swear they they are the same length, just one is taller than the other. Ill confirm this tonight at our race meet, as Ive got the long/low version, and a couple of other guys are running the taller version.

mleemor60
2009.01.28, 11:37 AM
Length is virtually identical but body profile over the rear wheels is quite a bit different. Still 102mm wheelbase though Spill plates are taller and wing chord is a little wider and more angled. When these cars actually competed the KH or short tail was about a foot shorter than the other car. They ultimately went to a front wing also for the shorter sprint venues like Lime Rock, Mosport and nearly all of the street circuits. It is an incredibly historied car. I wish we could get more of the designs from that era. The Jag, Nissan and Toyota to name a few. It would even be nice to be able to get the "hockey puck" looking Daytona prototypes.

dxm2
2009.02.09, 11:07 AM
I agree, those 80's LeMan's cars would make a great mini-z. Also, that red 917 that they currently offer as only a dNano.
I would also like to see the Daytona prototypes. It seems to me it would make a great 94 -98 mm racer.

We need a forum where we just recommend auto-scale bodies that Kyosho should build. The old CanAm cars would also be great. The Sunoco Porsche 917 would be great.

T-Bolt
2009.02.10, 12:49 AM
Wow, so I basically did not to cut down a 102mm 962? Oh well.

mleemor60
2009.02.10, 07:23 AM
I agree, those 80's LeMan's cars would make a great mini-z. Also, that red 917 that they currently offer as only a dNano.
I would also like to see the Daytona prototypes. It seems to me it would make a great 94 -98 mm racer.

We need a forum where we just recommend auto-scale bodies that Kyosho should build. The old CanAm cars would also be great. The Sunoco Porsche 917 would be great.

I found a slot car body supplier in the UK that has all of these bodies available and they mount cleanly and easily to the 02 chassis. I have a lexan 962 that weighs in at 16.5 grams painted. I will soon have a 917K mounted on my P-28 and am holding the 917-30 Turbo-Panzer for the MRCG. Not quite sure what to do with the 936 yet. Having the "talented Swedish boy" around will make having a lot of the favorites attainable.

dxm2
2009.02.11, 04:38 PM
Any chance you can name the supplier or the name of the manufacturer?

T-Bolt, can you post a picture? I'm preparing a 962 white body for a new paint job and am always curious about what others are doing.

T-Bolt
2009.02.11, 10:03 PM

T-Bolt, can you post a picture? I'm preparing a 962 white body for a new paint job and am always curious about what others are doing.

I screwed up the paint a bit (lazy with masking), but it's a race body anyways. I did a base of black with a red stripe down the driver's side of the car.

mleemor60
2009.02.12, 07:56 AM

Ckeck PM for list.