PDA

View Full Version : Radline AWD buggy

J-Milz
2009.01.29, 01:41 PM
I was checking the Atomic website and they had the Warlord buggy. I see them on Ebay for $30. Anyway, the Atomic site had a chilli motor in it, and a 2x2 stack. This thing must fly. I was wondering if anyone had one of these buggies to atest to the durability of the thing.

Let me know!!!

EMU
2009.01.29, 06:50 PM
I have the cheap target (AM) version, of the truck... Wheels are a little bigger, and body is different, otherwise it is exactly the same. I dropped in a motor with an X-Speed arm i a PN can, and it was pretty quick.

The steering was slow and not responsive, had a bit of a delay before it would actually turn. I broke it down to swap out the electronics for Spektrum with a better servo, but ended up taking the electronics for my GSR MRCG.

I have yet to try the FM version, but I have heard that it is much better than the AM one. Especially since it comes with bearings. I wouldnt waste money on the AM one, but if I saw the FM at a decent price, I may pick it up. I like the buggy much better than the other two...

I heard that the gears arent the best, so I wouldnt try to overpower it. I think it would make for some fun spec racing...

J-Milz
2009.02.01, 12:41 AM
Is there anything rc you dont know? Im impressed Eugene!!

EMU
2009.02.01, 02:19 AM
I learn new things everyday. There is a LOT that I dont know, especially with the larger scales. If you want to talk Nitro, I will sit a listen ;) I know nothing about nitro, except that it makes a lot of noise and smells :p

JuniorWKR
2009.02.04, 01:44 PM
I learn new things everyday. There is a LOT that I dont know, especially with the larger scales. If you want to talk Nitro, I will sit a listen ;) I know nothing about nitro, except that it makes a lot of noise and smells :p

See... you do know something about nitro.. LOL...

lot49gp
2009.02.20, 06:35 PM
I just got two new Master Series Radlines for about $87 shipped from 3000toys.com.

The price was so cheap @ $39.95 each I figured I'd use my son as an excuse to get one for him and I.

I already replaced the servo with a HS55, and put on the oil shocks also. The servo made a nice difference but can't compensate for the Tx/Rx. They'll have to go.

I think it's a fun toy at the price I paid, and it has been durable having been run into walls, table and chair legs, and jumped off of and over kids toys laying around. Comparaing it to my modded Micro T and Mini Z's (Mad Force and F1) it seems to handle and brake and jump very well.

Since I use a 75mhz synth transmitter, I'll be experimenting with some of the nano FM receivers like the GSW or the MBP3G4 Nano Receiver. Not sure what to do for a ESC just yet but I'll figure it out.

I think they'll make a good platform to develop into better micro.

XMDrifter
2009.02.23, 10:20 PM
the elite series is better than the master series because the elite series uses a better rx/tx. just an fyi

LancerEvo
2009.02.26, 09:29 PM
No it doesn't. The master series is the more "hobby grade". You can actually change crystals and it has reverse steering and servo. You can plug in a hobby grade servo whereas the elite version doesn't have that 3 pin plug on the board. Only the master series has all the functions that "hobby grade" rcs are supposed to have.

Stompers Rock!
2009.03.22, 10:55 PM
the elite series is better than the master series because the elite series uses a better rx/tx. just an fyi

Does anybody know what crystal(s) I would need to change frequencies? Are they FM? 27MHz? Normal or short? Any brand (Hitec, Futaba, etc.) will work? Thanks in advance for the assist!

EDIT: Nevermind; I emailed Radline who got back to me quickly and said that I need a matched set of FM 27MHz *SHORT* crystals like those found here:

http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/woi0001p?&I=FUTL95**&P=7

trained.monkey
2009.03.24, 09:19 AM
Tough little RC for the price, easy to upgrade stearing slop can be virtually eliminated with a aluminum stearing arm. the plastic part flexes too much.